Thread: Pokemon Snap

Default Pokemon Snap

Did anyone else love that game? Does anyone here even have/had a N64? I could see a an HD Pokemon Snap 2 on the Wii U.

I don't know much about the fandoms opinion on this game but from what I've seen people didn't like it... makes me sad. What's so boring about a little photographer man trying to find some cool Pokemon pictures? I think it provides very good addictive fuel because you want that perfect pic or you want to catch the sneaky Pokemon that only pops out for a second.

Anyone else like it? Or do you have your own reasons for why you didn't like it? Praise and hate is fine here, but I do hope there's a good chuck out there who want to praise it...
    Ah... I like N. And The Legend of Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by moonkitty View Post
    I don't know much about the fandoms opinion on this game but from what I've seen people didn't like it... makes me sad.
    Really? I've mostly seen nothing but fondness for it, or a need for a sequel. Which I'm all for a need of a Pokémon Snap 2.

I don't have the game anymore, we lost the cartridge at some point before we moved. It's possible we let our cousins borrow it, and we never got it back, I'm not sure anymore. But I have a lot of fond memories of the game, it was one of my favorite games growing up. I thought it was odd you got to play as a minor/almost-COD character, but there was something intriguing about taking pictures of Pokémon in a natural habitat. I also think it helped that the models were pretty much from Pokémon Stadium, so it was neat to see them in action instead of just having looped animation.

I also remembered liking discovering the secrets in the game, such as finding new Pokémon, or getting the signs to appear--or even making Pikachu do stuff. Pikachu had some of the best secrets. There were some really clever ways of discovering those secrets that it kept me entertained long enough to find them and feel proud of myself. Otherwise, once you pretty much completed the game, there wasn't much else left to do. So my brothers and I restarted the game quite often. I miss playing it in person, I'm forced to resort to YouTube videos if I want to reminisce.

Also, I like the music in the game. I think my favorite is a tie between the music from the opening cut-scene, and the river level (though I think they're pretty much the same music...).
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Pokemon snap(Besides Pokemon Stadium) was the best n64 pokemon game ever :3
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Dude, Pokemon Snap was awesome! I remember playing that game almost everyday when I went to my Mema's house
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I have not played it, but I have read quite a bit about it and due to this, I would say that I love it. Giving Mew the technical status of the Final Boss is epic.

It also allows us to observe Pokemon in their natural habitat in full 3D! It even lets us interact with them! <3

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.