Thread: Can't recruit Moltres?

Default Can't recruit Moltres?

For some reason, I can't recruit Zapdos. I have already recruited Zapdos, gotten the Friend Bow, and before I fight him I throw some red Gummies at him, but no matter how many times I try, I can't recruit him.

Saaatoshi!

I guess the number generator or whatever that decides recruitment just isn't in your favor, since assuming your hero is the one landing the final blow, you are doing everything you can. Just keep trying.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

I forgot to mention I'm using Zapdos and landing the final hit

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Throwing Gumms at it won't work, not with any Pokémon.

Here comes the Major part, so read closely.

Zapdos is a size 4 Pokémon, and so is Moltres.

You can only have a total size of 6, so you'll have to use something not Zapdos.

Any of the starters will do though, as none of them exceed a size of 2, although if you do take along another Poké, it has to be size 1, and so do you, so that it doesn't go over the 6 size limit.

Note: It's the same with all other Legends, except Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, who have a size of 1.

Best advice: When you get to the last floor to encounter the Pokemon, SEND all your Pokemon home and just fight him with the starter Pokemon and have the Pokemon you have fighting hold the Friend Bow. Have a lot of reviver seeds on standby, and I would toss a 'stun seed, X-eye seed, sleep seed, totter seed, or even a blinker seed'. Immoblizing and then attacking helps.
    Ursula, by itsmejt16 (credit)
    Dawn by schrei_photo (credit)Iris:by Rissychan (Credit) A better quality Iris picture (but no large bandwidth) is greatly appreciated (leave URL in PM box.)Pikachu(credit to Pokezak,South London)

If you're using Zapdos, he'll make your team too big to befriend Moltres. Get a Pokemon size 2 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Well, your Pokemon's size has to be 2 or smaller, since Moltres is a size 4 Pokemon and the maximum size for a team is 6.

Also, if you enter the dungeon and go to Moltres' room with a full team, then send a few of them back, Moltres still would not join. Instead, you have to make sure the team size is 2 or smaller BEFORE entering Moltres' floor!

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Well, your Pokemon's size has to be 2 or smaller, since Moltres is a size 4 Pokemon and the maximum size for a team is 6.

Also, if you enter the dungeon and go to Moltres' room with a full team, then send a few of them back, Moltres still would not join. Instead, you have to make sure the team size is 2 or smaller BEFORE entering Moltres' floor!
    Uh, what mystery dungeon game are you talking about? Surely not Red, Blue, Darkness, Time, or Sky? Because you don't need to send any members back in Sky, Darkness, and Time to recruit more Pokemon, even if your team is completely full in terms of size and members. Supermew, what Mystery Dungeon game are you talking about?

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius View Post
    Uh, what mystery dungeon game are you talking about? Surely not Red, Blue, Darkness, Time, or Sky? Because you don't need to send any members back in Sky, Darkness, and Time to recruit more Pokemon, even if your team is completely full in terms of size and members. Supermew, what Mystery Dungeon game are you talking about?
    Red and Blue.

You'll have to send members back, because every Pokémon is at least a size of 1, and Moltres is a size of 4.
    And you can only have a maximum size of 6, meaning that you would have to send Pokémon back until you have a size of 2 to be able to have a chance to recruit Moltres.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Red and Blue.

You'll have to send members back, because every Pokémon is at least a size of 1, and Moltres is a size of 4.
    And you can only have a maximum size of 6, meaning that you would have to send Pokémon back until you have a size of 2 to be able to have a chance to recruit Moltres.
    Yah, it's just that I'm pretty sure you don't have to send members back before you reach it.

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius View Post
    Yah, it's just that I'm pretty sure you don't have to send members back before you reach it.
    In Red and Blue, you'll have to, due to the size limit.

EDIT: Who just gave me positive rep and saying that masqeurin sucks?
    Never heard of a masqeurin either.
    Last edited by dirkac; 19th August 2013 at 1:19 PM.