Thread: •Team Lando Sweep [BW2 OU Sand Offense]

Default •Team Lando Sweep [BW2 OU Sand Offense]

•Introduction

Heya, Serebii. It's been quite some time since I posted an RMT here, as I've been testing a lot of different Teams. Most of them were scrapped, as they wouldn't seem to work. I didn't really bother posting any of them as they were garbage anyways. At least, up until now. I recently decided I would build a Team around Landorus, as it's one of the top tier threats, and for some reason I previously had difficulties using it. I really enjoy using this Team as it utilizes Shaymin's ability to check Rain Teams whilst also being a very potent Sweeper. It's peaked at about 1300 on the Ladder, though I've been changing members quite a lot. I'm not a very good battler, I admit that, but without a doubt this Team is my most successful OU Team ever. I present to you, Team Lando Sweep.

Spoiler:- Teambuilding:

•Under The Scope

Landorus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    • Rock Polish
    • Earth Power
    • Focus Blast
    • Hidden Power [Ice]

As I've said a bit earlier, Lando's Special RP set is without a doubt it's most deadly. After an RP, he outspeeds just about the whole Tier. Most things like Starmie are KOed by Earth Power, and rendered useless. He can function under Sand or Rain, so I don't have to get Tyranitar in if Rain is activated. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn for a OHKO and 2HKOes any variant of Rotom-W iirc. Hidden Power [Ice] hits any Dragon Types or other Landorus for a lot of damage. He checks Sun Teams as well. I usually use him late game though sometimes he can sweep a whole Team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    • Pursuit
    • Stone Edge
    • Superpower
    • Fire Blast

CB Tyranitar forms an Offensive Core with Keldeo and Landorus which is difficult to take down. It checks the Lati@s, who are trouble for Lando and Keldeo. CB Pursuit OHKOes Offensive Lati@s iirc, and CM Latias can't do anything back anyways. Aside from that, he can trap Celebi and some other things. Every Move is self explanatory tbh.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    Nature: Timid
    • Surf
    • Hidden Power [Bug]
    • Secret Sword
    • Icy Wind

Keldeo is the final part of the Offensive Core. It's a great check to Rain Teams, and is a reliable Revenge Killer. Tyranitar deals with most of it's checks, so it can dent the opposing Team for an easy Landorus Sweep late game. It can beat Landorus and Terrakion, two deadly Sand Sweepers, who can both do their fair share to this Team with the appropriate set. Surf + Secret Sword are your obvious STABs, while I run Hidden Power [Bug] for any Celebi. Icy Wind is used to KO +1 Dragons.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Hp / 172 SpA / 84 Spe
    • Seed Flare
    • Earth Power
    • Hidden Power [Ice]
    • Rest

Shaymin is an underrated threat in OU. Rain is the most popular Weather, and Shaymin finds it home on this Team. It checks most Rain Sweepers such as Keldeo and Politoed. Most of the Tier falls to it at -2, including things such as Tentacruel. Heatran? Earth Power. Garchomp? Hidden Power [Ice]. The list goes on. The EV Spread allows Shaymin to outspeed max Adamant Lando-T, whilst also being able to tank hits if needed such as +1 Outrage from Dragonite while at full health. Seed Flare is the main course, with a massive 120 Power and a chance to lower the opponent's SpD by two stages.

Latias @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    • Draco Meteor
    • Healing Wish
    • Surf
    • Psyshock

Latias is yet another resist to Water, and it smashes Sun Teams pretty easily. I chose against running LO, as I need it to take hits, and LO + Sand means it will quickly lose Hp. It's a check to Terrakion and Keldeo who are annoying, moreso Keldeo. It can also KO opposing Lati@s since it has 31 Spe IVs while not running Hidden Power [Fire]. Healing Wish is usually unexpected, especially when the opponent sends in Tyranitar or Scizor, or even paralyzes her. She's 'useless', until I sacrifice her to heal one of my weakened Sweepers.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 124 Hp / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
    • Thunder Wave
    • Volt Switch
    • Hydro Pump
    • Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a slightly modified version of Offensive Rotom-W. It's designed to take Rain Attacks, and spread paralysis. Things like the Lati@s are easy to Revenge after being paralyzed, and they're occasionally switched in. Rotom-W can outpace Adamant max Speed Gyarados, with the rest dumped into bulk and SpA. Dragonite and Gyarados were annoying for this Team, and Rotom-W can paralyze both or KO.

Should anyone want to test it out;
    HTML Code:
    Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Rock Polish
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Icy Wind
    - Surf

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - Fire Blast

Shaymin @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 SAtk / 84 Spd
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Rest
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Healing Wish
    - Surf

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump

So, that's about it. This Team is garbage if Lando gets Banned. Might add a Threat List if there are sufficient rates.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Just a quick look:

Why HP Bug on Keldeo? You're reasoning was Celebi, but Celebi is trapped and OHKO by Pursuit anyways from Tyranitar. I really think that HP Electric would be a much better option on it, allowing it to deal with Skarmory and other waters
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensei™ View Post
    So, that's about it. This Team is garbage if Lando gets Banned. Might add a Threat List if there are sufficient rates.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but as of yesterday it is. And don't worry, anyone that ran that core, like me, is. However, it's still legal on PO...and if it does get banned there, it'll be difficult to find a replacement. (As i sit here thinking, it IS extremely difficult to find a replacement. No other pokemon can do what it did.)

Otherwise, for this thing as a PO team, keldeo's the team's biggest threat but is covered by both latias and the rotom (to an extent).

This is a cool Offensive Sand team you've got here, Aura Sensei™.

That said, with Landorus-I now apparently banned, Landorus-T is now an optional replacement for its spot on the team. Landorus-T, regardless of Landorus-I's bann, seems like a good fit anyway. Your team currently has only 2 Pokémon that can hit physically(Counting Keldeo's Secret Sword). In hind sight, all you're losing is a set up sweeper; which Landorus-T could be when using the 252 Atk Adamant Landorus-T set. Personally, I've found the Double Dance Landorus-T to be a largely underestimated threat in OU and have been making a team for one of my own. Substitute is an option over Rock Polish, which is a decent assurance against threats like opplsing Keldeo, Rotom-W and other threats whom may come in and possess something like Ice Punch or HP(Ice).

Spoiler:- Double Dance Landorus-T:

Furthermore, I second that Keldeo should have HP(Electric) over HP(Bug) as this helps from being badly walled by Jellicent and being easily set up upon by the likes of Gyarados.

For Shaymin, I would suggest something more along the lines of HP(Fire) over HP(Ice) to help handle Scizor. The Swords Dance variant seems like a pretty moderate threat to the team at the moment. Though Keldeo has Surf, it is still only a 2HKO and, should Scizor somehow gain a +2 on any of your Pokémon, your team will fall pretty quickly; especially if rocks are up on your side. With that, your team has both Keldeo and Latias to deal with Garchomp variants, which, as stated in your RMT, is one of your reasons for using HP(Ice). Latias with Draco Meteor and Keldeo with Icy Wind are surely all that's needed to handle them. HP(Fire), however, is somewhat of a mandatory attack since Scizor is surely a wide threat to your team. Outside of a slow Fire Blast from Tyranitar, you have no way of handling them immediately as of now.

Aside from those changes, I sed nothing else that would be of use for your team right now. I wish you good luck with the team and I hope this was of some help.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Ludakrix - I was recently thinking of Hidden Power [Bug] as I haven't seen many Celebi as it is; I'll test out Hidden Power [Electric] at some point.

Dew - Thanks for the heads up. For the most part, I haven't found a replacement so I rebuilt the Team.

CedOmega - Lando-T does seem like a decent replacement I guess, I'll try out the Double Dance set if I get a chance. As for Hidden Power [Fire], I see your point. Scizor is constantly switching in so I'll switch to Hidden Power [Fire], as I have Dragons covered anyways.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight