Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85

Thread: Who cares about these anymore? Am I the only one?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10

    Default Who cares about these anymore? Am I the only one?

    I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/23ii7ih.jpg[/IMG]
    I got a song!! to the tune of "ive been working on the railroad":
    Oh I've been reloading my webpage
    all the live long day
    Oh I've been reloading my webpage
    just to wait for your reply
    ............

    join my new forum! It may be a work in progress but check it out anyway!

    here!
    http://gamzforums.freeforums.net/

    I am a Pokémon master!
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/bgnrlt.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyrois2cool View Post
    I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.
    Neither does Sinnoh (I know, it's probably not old enough to deserve a remake just yet). One of the reasons few people are playing these is because it's getting harder and harder to find legit copies of this game if you don't have one that works.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Well the other remakes (besides black and white) are remakes from GBC games. RSE aren't old enough for a remake just yet. Pokemon yellow also doesn't have a remake

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Well I think part of the reason that they haven't been remade yet is that in the early Pokemon games, the improvements to the graphics and gameplay were very rapid, there was a big difference from RBY to GSC, and from GSC to RuSaE. However, since the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days, there hasn't been a significant change in the graphics or gameplay. The biggest changes over the years was the addition of hold items, personalities, abilities, IVs, and EVs. The graphics in Black/White, while certainly improved from RuSaE, they simply weren't as noticeable as the improvements in earlier games... The biggest change in the recent games would probably be the fact that whether an attack is physical or special is no longer determined by the move's typing...

    So yeah basically I think that is why RuSaE has not been remade yet... If they had been remade on the DS, I don't think that they would have felt all that different from the originals. So... I would be very surprised if they are not remade on the 3DS, sometime in 2014 or 2015. I am certainly looking forward to those games being remade, I think that the 3DS would be the best way to do it, I just don't think that Ruby/Sapphire with Black/White graphics would have been as impressive... But imagine going back to Hoenn in 3D!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    255

    Default

    What? That's preposterous! First off, it is WAY too early for a remake of these games, and the reason for the remakes of R/B and G/S was because of compatibility issues (these games aren't compatible with the later games), and since the Advenced series IS compatible with DS, what would be the point right now? This hints to the fact that since they won't be compatible on 3DS, then maybe there will be remakes in the next generation. Also, it isn't the only series without a remake.

    Second of all, I don't know why you think no one cares about these games. Gen III is the favourite generation of most of my friends, as well as me! Also, a lot of people on the internet consider Emerald as the best pokemon title thus far. Over the years, a lot of people realised how good the Advanced series is.

    Anyway, be patient about the remakes, I'm sure they will be released soon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    First off, it is WAY too early for a remake of these games
    Not really cuz Red and Green got remakes just 8 years after they were released and Gold and Silver got remakes 10 years after they were released. Its been almost 11 years since Ruby and Sapphire were released so it's not too early at all. Not saying that they need to get remakes but I don't think time is an issue.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyrois2cool View Post
    I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.
    I'm waiting on my battle revolution 2.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    461

    Default

    I need to get a Surskit on my Emerald, and get a Kingdra, and my region dex will be done. only problem, is that i have a 3ds, so i have to borrow my brother's ds, and he got rid of his FR, so i think it's just that no one CAN play it. or is it just me, lol
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Ray View Post
    Not really cuz Red and Green got remakes just 8 years after they were released and Gold and Silver got remakes 10 years after they were released. Its been almost 11 years since Ruby and Sapphire were released so it's not too early at all. Not saying that they need to get remakes but I don't think time is an issue.
    No you don't understand. It's too early because of the reason I stated in my post - the GBA games are compatible with the DS so it is pointless making a remake now, the purpose of FR/LG was to get the pokemon in R/B since it wasn't able to connect to GBA games. The same goes for HG/SS. It would also be pointless releasing the remakes on DS because the DS is a dead system now - the graphics can hardly improve now, so not many people would buy it, however, a 3D remake would be most desirable.
    On top of this, it has been less than 3 years since HG/SS release; HG/SS came out 6 years after the previous remakes, I think 3 is quite early.

    So really, the amount of time since R/S came out is quite irrelevant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,108

    Default

    I personally play Ruby version almost every day since Generation 3 is my favorite generation of Pokemon. I have noticed that very few people seem to care about these game though. I mean this section seems like a ghost town most of the time lol. It's sad because I really think Generation 3 had a lot to offer, more so than Generations 4 or 5 to be honest. :x

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I have noticed that very few people seem to care about these game though. I mean this section seems like a ghost town most of the time lol.
    I have to disagree. I noticed that this section has more people viewing it than the Gen IV games and even the Gen V games.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I disagree, lots of people like. They haven't made a remake yet because it is a pattern.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    I have noticed that very few people seem to care about these game though.
    R/S/E is a great series. It's been years later and I still replay these games just for entertainment. So many great Pokemon were introduced in this series, as well. R/S/E is personally my favorite series.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    I personally love them, being my second Favorite Gen (after Gen IV).

    I still regularly play the games, and it appears to have quite the fanbase.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    The only reason these games don't have remakes is because they are not necessary. We are able to transfer our Pokémon from R/S/E to B/W so there's no need for a remake.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icychalk View Post
    The only reason these games don't have remakes is because they are not necessary. We are able to transfer our Pokémon from R/S/E to B/W so there's no need for a remake.
    This is an excellent point. As far as I'm aware, many people's favourite Generation is third, it's very popular. I recently replayed the game a few months ago, you're not the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In a Forsaken world.
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Okay, stop. The first thing you say is 'Am I the only one who likes this game?'. ARE YOU DAFT? These are the favorite Pokčmon games for many, many fans. YOU ARE NOT the only one who likes this just because Barney said that you're special.

    Sorry, that was really rude. Can I start over?

    I've been playing since the second generation, and I've played the first generation as well, but throughout all of this, R/S/E have remained my favorite games. In my opinion, the 3rd Gen is the pinnacle of all Pokčmon games. So, yeah. I just love the 3rd Gen, which is why I overreacted.

    Sorry about that!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    East Coast of USA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyrois2cool View Post
    I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.
    I feel like a majority of people i know enjoy RSE but i do think its tough for alot of people to access the games now,either because people no longer longer own a gba or ds lite, or don't own or cant find a copy of the games. I feel like the 3ds will be the perfect time for a gen 3 remake,the technology will be improved giving an actual reason to remake the games,and it will follow the pattern of a remake every new system. What makes me doubt a gen 3 remake is the fact that they already remade red and green during the gba era so i guess if RSE ends up on 3ds it will most likely leave out a fire red and leaf green remake.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Listening to Punk Rock
    Posts
    788

    Default

    People have been after a RSE remake for age. Personally, I found it to be a weak and boring generation. Too much swimming. Unless they bring back the Battle Dome and the original contests theres no real benefit to getting them IMO.
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPardus View Post
    I feel like a majority of people i know enjoy RSE but i do think its tough for alot of people to access the games now,either because people no longer longer own a gba or ds lite, or don't own or cant find a copy of the games. I feel like the 3ds will be the perfect time for a gen 3 remake,the technology will be improved giving an actual reason to remake the games,and it will follow the pattern of a remake every new system. What makes me doubt a gen 3 remake is the fact that they already remade red and green during the gba era so i guess if RSE ends up on 3ds it will most likely leave out a fire red and leaf green remake.
    Maybe. I remember reading something about the main reason 1st and 2nd gen were given remakes is because of fan reaction to how you couldn't trade pokemon from your R/B/Y/G/S/C to Ruby/Sapphire, and some people skipped it altogether. FR/LG's purpose was to make all of the Kanto and Johto pokemon available for capture in 3rd gen.

    And considering all this bootlegging of the gen 3 games, I think it'd be pretty smart from Nintendo's perspective to either release them for download on 3DS (And somehow bring in the ability to trade them to your 4th gen games), or maybe even start producing them again and sell them on their website or ship them out to game stores that would be willing to sell them. (All fans would be happy that way).

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecircuit View Post
    I remember reading something about the main reason 1st and 2nd gen were given remakes is because of fan reaction to how you couldn't trade pokemon from your R/B/Y/G/S/C to Ruby/Sapphire, and some people skipped it altogether.
    No. The games were remade because the involved parties knew they would sell, and the right Pokémon omitted from Ruby/Sapphire intentionally to artificially create that initial void in the Pokédex. That was always the plan, as the data innards of Ruby and Sapphire revealed to us at the time. Everything else was a happy side effect.

    The answer to the question is never (chiefly) "because the fans demanded it".

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecircuit View Post
    And considering all this bootlegging of the gen 3 games, I think it'd be pretty smart from Nintendo's perspective to either release them for download on 3DS (And somehow bring in the ability to trade them to your 4th gen games)
    In no way would this stop the rampant piracy, and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecircuit View Post
    or maybe even start producing them again and sell them on their website or ship them out to game stores that would be willing to sell them. (All fans would be happy that way).
    ...they would lose more money from this than they would make. As much as there is still some secondary market demand for these games, you're overstating that demand significantly.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm waiting on my battle revolution 2.
    And I'm still waiting on Pokémon Snap 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. The games were remade because the involved parties knew they would sell, and the right Pokémon omitted from Ruby/Sapphire intentionally to artificially create that initial void in the Pokédex. That was always the plan, as the data innards of Ruby and Sapphire revealed to us at the time. Everything else was a happy side effect.
    Isn't another reason for the remakes is so that it was made like how it was originally supposed to be made? We never got to have the full experience when it was first released due to cartridge limits, so to be able to play the game like how we were supposed to from the start was probably one of their other big intentions--they saw the opportunity and took it. I can see that if all of the dialogue from FR/LG from Sevii Islands were going to be in the original R/B/Y itself, then the scientist saying "Giovanni's kid has red hair" would've been a nice call forward to G/S/C. Didn't they originally believe they were only going to make two games of Pokémon, which may explain why Red is our true final boss?

    Anyhoo, back to the OP.

    My Ruby version succumbed to internal battery failure, so I unfortunately will be unable to fully enjoy it if I were to restart the game. However, while Johto will always be my favorite region, I appreciated Hoenn and the games for being different. I kinda wonder if some of it was experimentation, since we never saw another region like Hoenn since (even though Unova was vastly different as well). The Hoenn games to me feels like it's its own persona amongst the Pokémon games, if that makes sense. Even with all the flaws it has, and even though it wasn't as popular at the time due to coming out after the craze ended, it is still a very important part of Pokémon history. So while I can see it getting a remake when it calls for it, as much as I would love to have a remake, I'm fine with the copy I have. HG/SS satiated my need for remakes, so I'm not really looking forward to anymore for the time being.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 28th July 2013 at 5:59 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Isn't another reason for the remakes is so that it was made like how it was originally supposed to be made?
    "Because they would sell" is answers 1A, 1B and 1C. We could sit here for a week filling in the rest of the ancillary benefits.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,713

    Default

    I still like playing 3rd gen occasionally but yeah they are getting old >.>

    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm waiting on my battle revolution 2.
    That would not be a remake, that would be a sequel, and RSE is orders of magnitude more popular than a spin-off game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever
    I still like playing 3rd gen occasionally but yeah they
    are getting old >.>
    I don't see how their age is a factor of how many people care about these games - actually, it's age could make people who loved a few years ago, love it even more. It's age wouldn't make people not care about it at all really - there are plenty of old games that are still loved.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •