Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who cares about these anymore? Am I the only one?

I for one am predicting a remake for RSE in the sixth gen. It's the next gen in line, and most of all, the platform is being moved to 3DS. With DS systems (aside from the DSi's), you had a GBA slot. You no longer have that luxury with 3DS systems, separating the platforms more than GBA to DS did. Plus, each platform movement they remade a game. When they moved to GBA, we got FRLF, and when we went to DS, we got HGSS, so it only makes sense.

I actually just ordered a DS lite specifically to play GBA games along with my Heartgold.
    3711-7728-5652

Cool Maybe 'vikings' 'are' right

Yes it did make some sense, because
    Pokemon Red and Blue >>>>>>5 games>>>>>>>>>Fire Red and Leaf Green
    Pokemon Gold and Silver>>>>>6 games>>>>>>>>>Heart gold and Soul Silver
    Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire>>7 games>>>>>>>>>Unknown
    If i made any mistakes please correct it!

A reminder to you two that remake discussion isn't allowed unless there's an official announcement about such a project underway by the Pokemon Company or etc. Such speculation tends to be spammy and go in circles, so we don't allow discussion in remakes or new gen sequels/third versions until there's something concrete to discuss.

Besides, that's not even the topic of this thread.

On that note, a while back some friends and I had a group play of RSE, each of us getting to the 2nd gym before fighting each other's teams. It was pretty fun; hopefully we can do that again sometime. That said, I've been playing other games much more than RSE of late in general.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I probably wouldn't have gotten back into these games if it weren't for my Iphone GBA emulator. Now I am once again back in my favorite region of Hoenn.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

when i temporary quit pokemon emerlad was the only game i didn't sell ( this was in 2009 after platnuim oh and i have gold gamestop wouldn't buy it) thats how strongly i held to the third gen games i even ended up selling fire red my first game ever luckly i recently found a copy. if i didn't encounter pokerus i would have deifntly played emerald several more times by now
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    I probably wouldn't have gotten back into these games if it weren't for my Iphone GBA emulator. Now I am once again back in my favorite region of Hoenn.
    I too. I probably wouldn't play it again if it wasn't for emulators and such, as this game is already quite old and it is a rare sight here in Brazil. Heck, if I had this game now... I wouldn't sell it to the first person offering R$50,00 ...

I still have my GBA SP and play Emerald sometimes. Completed National Pokedex so my primary goal is achieved, there are still contests left (got Cool Master rank, though!) and Battle Frontier, though And of course, my shiny Metang waiting to be trained...

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Are you kidding?
    Hoenn is my favorite region to date. Yes It doesn't have a Re-make (Yet). But that doesn't mean its unloved.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I cared enough to buy Ruby, Emerald and FireRed for $60. eBay is so full of fakes that I'm glad I could find three real games (emerald still had a working clock battery, lucky me) for that price. Stupid 12-13-year-old me traded my old GBA Pokemon games to gamestop (to be fair, it was when I phased out my DS lite and couldn't play them, but I could've just kept them around).
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

I'm extremely confident a remake is on its way. RSE was the best series hands down. So much was introduced in the games that really set the standard. The Pokemon we're dome of the most creative of all the generations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Hoenn is my favorite region to date. Yes It doesn't have a Re-make (Yet). But that doesn't mean its unloved.
    Hear, hear! I'm going to start a new file this week actually.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

These games are my favorites out of all the gens. in fact recently I restarted emerald bought a second GBA a brand new link cable and used copies of ruby and sapphire all with the intent of filling the hoenn pokedex. and im half way now

this is my favorite gen...by far
    Original Pokemon Silver Team:

Alakazam Snorlax Nidoking
    Dragonite Jolteon Typhlosion

Always in my heart guys, wish you never reset so many good battles

I still care about these games a lot, but I rarely play them anymore. Now that newer generations exist, I play the 3rd gen games less compared to when they were new. But I still like them and I think they are really good games, I also still enjoy them at the rare times I play them. Hoenn is also one of my favorite regions and I like most of the Pokemon introduced in this generation.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    I still care about these games a lot, but I rarely play them anymore. Now that newer generations exist, I play the 3rd gen games less compared to when they were new. But I still like them and I think they are really good games, I also still enjoy them at the rare times I play them. Hoenn is also one of my favorite regions and I like most of the Pokemon introduced in this generation.
    Exactly like me!

I grew up with Gen III and Gen IV! I can still remember when everybody hated them , but now they have grown tremendously in popularity!
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

It's funny because I actually play the Gen 3 games more now than I did when Gen 3 was popular. I mean I used to play Sapphire everyday after school back in 2003, but only for like 30 minutes each day and now there are times when I play it for a couple of hours at a time. The games just keep growing for me and since I recently started battling at the Battle Tower, I've grown to appreciate Sapphire version a lot more because it's more challenging than I thought it was a decade ago. So while I also play the newer games, I think Gen 3 games like Sapphire (and occasionally Ruby since I'm playing it as well) are a lot more fun in general.

Hoenn is my favorite region, only Kalos comes close to it. I do hope they make a remake (I think they will).
    The contests were awesome (even if my Ninetails got owned by sedot and shrumish haha) a lot better than the "super" contests. Pokeblocks and mixing them is great fun.
    Hoenn is made for the 3DS Fortree city, Sootopolis City, Pacifidlog Town, Meteor Falls and Mt. Pyre would look epic in 3D. Plus the music is the best in the series.
    Signature Warning.
    Your image is too wide (over 600 pixels) so it has been removed.

Seeing as we aren't supposed to mention R/S remakes on this thread I most definitely won't talk about how cool it would be if you got to go up into space in Mossdeep City (for Deoxys, Rayquaza, or Jirachi). I also won't mention the islands near the Battle Frontier as possible additional places to visit, or how I'd love to see all of the places in the post above me along with the Battle Frontier and diving in 3D. Speaking of diving perhaps new areas could also be opened up through it. After all, if there were remakes it would be pretty difficult to fit almost double the previous number of Pokemon in the region.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

I still care, Emerald is my favorite Pokémon game. Today, I changed the battery which ran dry a couple of months ago. I was scared to death I was going to break it, but everything went fine I'd love to see a R/S/E remake soon :P

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I started with emerald and I wouldn't let go of my version for anything in the world.
    Also, is this just a misconception I have, or does the battery failure only occur in Ruby and saphire, and not in emerald because they fixed that before it? (I have ruby and saphire lying around with dead batteries along with about six gold and silver, but both emeralds I own and the crystal are fresh as day, because they have this stuff fixed I believe...)

I'm definitely one of those who cares! When R/S/E came out, I was getting old enough to actually pay attention to what I was playing instead of just whizzing along having a good old time, so I really appreciated Hoenn and the Pokemon (this was about the last gen that I really loved, tbqh). As I look back on it, Hoenn has become one of my favorite regions, if not my absolute favorite; Johto is cool and all, but the heaps of islands and those lovely foresty routes near Fortree City are just splendid. Not going to theorize about remakes, but I'll be as happy as a Clamperl if they're announced. :P
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

I care. Ruby was my first game, and Hoenn is my third favorite region (used to be my second, until Kalos came along >.>).

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Sorry to burst your bubbles folks but I honestly don't think there is going to be a remake in the works.
    Before I start, i've been playing pokemon since the very beginning (1996 with Japanese Red) and continue to love and adore the franchise to this day meaning I am completely unbiased.
    The reasons Generations one and two were remade were simply to fix the **** storm that occurred since generation three even came out (the inability to bring pokemon over to Hoenn and later the newer regions).
    Generation threes graphics still to this day are decent, heck I remember reading news about them ten years ago seeing the graphical change from the 8 bit GBC to the Advance as revolutionary, the same thing I feel today with X and Y.
    For people claiming that a remake is possible from new kids not being able to use a 3ds to bring pokemon over due to the lack of a GBA slot, if they don't have RSE with either an Advance/SP or a DS/Lite they clearly don't need it regardless. Game Freak took that into consideration making older pokemon available for the DS games such as Mewtwo, the Hoenn trios, Latios/as and the Regis to name a few.
    Notice that it is also passed generation 3s 10th birthday? (Late 2002 it was released in Japan).
    For all who claim it will make them money, sure it makes them money but what about the image of the company if they constantly spend their workforce constantly regurgitating remakes instead of moving forward?
    Sure I would LOVE to see some old stuff come back like secret bases (with street pass in 3ds that would be amazing!!!) but for a new pokemon game rather than an old one that literally has no need to be remade at ALL.
    Move on folks and enjoy the awesomeness Pokemon has to offer now and in the future!
    Last edited by Poképro1992; 16th November 2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poképro1992 View Post
    and continue to love and adore the franchise to this day meaning I am completely unbiased.
    That doesn't preclude you from being biased. Not to say you are.

The reasons Generations one and two were remade were simply to fix the **** storm that occurred since generation three even came out (the inability to bring pokemon over to Hoenn and later the newer regions).
    No. They were remade because they would account for core titles that would sell like crazy. Which they did. Everything else was gravy. Useful gravy, but still gravy.

Generation threes graphics still to this day are decent, heck I remember reading news about them ten years ago seeing the graphical change from the 8 bit GBC to the Advance as revolutionary, the same thing I feel today with X and Y.
    Compared to Generation V, or even Generation IV? Not especially.

Game Freak took that into consideration making older pokemon available for the DS games such as Mewtwo, the Hoenn trios, Latios/as and the Regis to name a few.
    Ho-oh and Lugia were available via spinoff titles and events in Generation III, Mewtwo was available with no stipulations in Fire Red/Leaf Green's Kanto. What Pokémon they include in a previous generation has no bearing on future games.

Notice that it is also passed generation 3s 10th birthday? (Late 2002 it was released in Japan).
    Fire Red/Leaf Green were 8 years after Red/Green. HG/SS came out a decade later just because that's how things fell. There's nothing that says a remake has to come out to commemorate an anniversary.

For all who claim it will make them money, sure it makes them money but what about the image of the company if they constantly spend their workforce constantly regurgitating remakes instead of moving forward?
    No one, ever, anywhere has considered this to be a problem. Game Freak's image is unchanged for remaking previous titles. If your two/three games worth of new material - your new region, your new Pokémon - have already been spent and you're a generation of hardware and a good 3-5 years away from a new generation of core titles, what are you gonna do? Particularly if that next hardware doesn't exist in any form yet.

You're not going to sit there and do nothing - your employees expect to be working on a project. You're not going to spend that entire time in pre-production for your next generation - there's only so much concept art you can do until you'd need a development kit to keep working.

So you take a previous game - which doesn't require the addition of any new Pokémon, and already has a complete region laid out and designed - and update that. It puts a new set of multi-million-selling core titles on shelves for consumers to buy and keeps your brand in the spotlight during that generational interim period. And no one to is going to say "but what about the image of the company? So much regurgitation!!!!" Remakes don't preclude new material from being worked upon, as we've just discussed.

but for a new pokemon game rather than an old one that literally has no need to be remade at ALL.
    "Need" is meaningless. FR/LG and HG/SS were technically "needless" - they could have put all of those Pokémon in the Hoenn/Sinnoh games and been done with it. But this is a business. You make money for your business by releasing products.

Move on folks and enjoy the awesomeness Pokemon has to offer now and in the future!
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Maybe Hoenn remakes are in the future offing, maybe they aren't, but right now all of the "proof" both for and against is weak. The people convinced they will happen are convinced so largely on the basis of meaningless references found in X/Y, alongside an equal number of references to the other regions; the people convinced they won't happen are citing factors that don't matter, like "need" and Pokémon in past games, and ignoring the fact that a Pokémon core title - as strong a bet to be a well-made, deep, expansive and high-quality title as you'll find in the industry - will sell and will sell in droves, and that's ultimately what matters most.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th November 2013 at 12:24 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

RSE were the games I enjoyed most. The Pokemon are cool.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast