Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

Default The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

Alexa Appears! Helioptile & Gogoat!!

As they reach the next island, Ash & Co. meet up with Alexa, a journalist from the Kalos region, and her Pokémon Gogoat and Helioptile which don't register on Ash's Pokédex. Alexa explains that she's in the Decolora Islands to research an article on the tradition of the island, the Harvest Festival. As they enter the festival, they learn of a special Pokémon Sumo tournament where the winner shall win the Focus Band, and some rare berries. Ash, Cilan and Iris each decide to enter this tournament, but things turn out to be tougher than they thought. Who will win the tournament?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts with Ash and co. departing from one of a Cruise Ship.

They walk down a path and they come across a scared Helioptile. Ash uses his Pokedex but it has a question mark in the screen.

Ash gets Pikachu to Thunderbolt it, but it zaps Pikachu and Ash, after Alexa and Gogoat try to stop Ash.

Alexa introduces herself and Ash tried to use his Pokedex on Gogoat as well, but the same thing happens.

Ash and co. introduce themselves.

Alexa get out a Camera/Headphone device and records them and she seems interested in Pikachu.

Alexa shows them a booklet of photos she has taken. There was one of the Turtwig evolution family near a lake/river.

She has a flashback to seeing a group of Swanna at a lake.

Alexa tells them a story about a boy helping out a feuding Ursaring and Beartic.

They all come to a town where a festival is going on.

There a tournament that will begin soon and a Focus band and some fruit are the prizes for winning.

Oshawott comes out. A Golurk walking around makes him nervous and Pikachu is embarrassed. Ash brings out Pignite and Oshawott is happy for him to do it, Pikachu is embarrassed for Oshawott again.

Iris brings out Dragonite and Cilan brings out his Pansage.

Team Rocket are watching Ash and co. from close by.

Dare Da? Hariyama.

Ash starts a rivalry with some guy with purple hair.

Alexa realises the battery on her device is going low, so she gets Helioptile to charge it for her.

The Sumo Tournament starts.

Meowth is an animatronic Golem disguise and is about to face off against the Purple haired guy's Golurk.

Meowth is instantly knocked out and him and Team Rocket blast off.

Dragonite battles a Beartic and Dragonite throws Beartic to the ground, assumably winning the match. Although, Dragonite's tail hits the outside of the ring and therefore, Iris lost.

I think Hariyama defeated Pansage.

Pignite defeated a Vigoroth, a Rhypherior and something else (Hax) and is now facing a Golurk.

Pignite uses deus ex machina and defeats Golurk.

And Ash [s]unfairly(/s] wins the tournament.

Ash gives a fruit to the guy who came second and the guy splits the apple in half for the both of them.

Ash and co. share the fruit around for everyone to eat, even Alexa.

Ash and co. decide to travel together for a bit.

The end.
    Last edited by playerking; 18th July 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Just a question, but does Keyhole voice lags every second to everyone else too? It's annoying =\

Anways, let's see what this episode will bring us. First Gen VI Pokemon in the anime!

-Ash tries to scan Helioptile with no result. Reminds me of Armored Mewtwo XD
    -And he sent out his Pikachu to attack it. Alexa runs in.
    -Cilan said they are "Kalos" Pokemon. I can't hear crap because of the voice issue @_@.
    -Alexa takes photo of Ash&co.
    -And suddenly, a magazine book with old Pokemon no the boxart and Turtwig line photos inside.

HOLY CRAP MEW!! Totally unexpected. On the magazine cover, but still!
    Picture proof (It's at the very top): http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8889/0rk3.png

And here my adventure ends. Keyhole crashes, can't type detailed description. I leave it to you, playerking.

+=+Ash battles Golurk in the finals of..some competition.Another DA Tournament win for his collection, yay! +=+
    Last edited by Nightstar1994; 18th July 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Ash referenced the sumo competition he won in Johto. Continuity!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Just a question, but does Keyhole voice lags every second to everyone else too? It's annoying =\

Anways, let's see what this episode will bring us. First Gen VI Pokemon in the anime!

-Ash tries to scan Helioptile with no result. Reminds me of Armored Mewtwo XD
    -And he sent out his Pikachu to attack it. Alexa runs in.
    -Cilan said they are "Kalos" Pokemon. I can't hear crap because of the voice issue @_@.
    -Alexa takes photo of Ash&co.
    -And suddenly, a magazine book with old Pokemon no the boxart and Turtwig line photos inside.

Picture proof (It's at the very top): http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8889/0rk3.png

And here my adventure ends. Keyhole crashes, can't type detailed description. I leave it to you, playerking.
    Such original artwork in the magazine golly
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Ash referenced the sumo competition he won in Johto. Continuity!
    Wait you mean the one with Snorlax? I just rewatched the episode 2 days ago, wow. It seems like i have some uncontrollable fortune telling powers. After rewatching M01, Mewtwo got announced for M16, the same thing with M06 and Jirachi in DA and now this.

Wait you mean the one with Snorlax? I just rewatched the episode 2 days ago, wow. It seems like i have some uncontrollable fortune telling powers. After rewatching M01, Mewtwo got announced for M16 and now this.
    Yeah it was a pretty cool detail for anyone who watched those episodes. I didn't expect them to reference it at all.

Oshawott totally freakin out when Golurk came made me laugh, and although I didn't understand the apple thing, I think Alexa said there was only one golden apple left so all the Pokemon fought over it and that's how the sumo tournament came to be.

I was wondering if Ash's dex would already know about the Kalos mon or not. And it not knowing does make more sense overall.

Here is a better version of it,

Bit sad that Iris lost because Dragonite's tail hit the ground outside of the ring.

Ash seems to always have the perfect Pokémon for sumo matches. Pignite now has a Focus Band!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Bit sad that Iris lost because Dragonite's tail hit the ground outside of the ring.

Ash seems to always have the perfect Pokémon for sumo matches. Pignite now has a Focus Band!
    no evolution? looks like only Unfezant, Krookodile and Leavanny will reach their final stages then.... though this would have been the perfect time for Ash to get an Emboar

Really fun episode, I missed Alexa introduction .

Pignite is a boss, I really wanted it to evolve though, winning with that throw was pretty awesome and I hope he keeps the focus band, looks freaking cute with it.

I guess I was wrong about Dragonite being DQed but the poor guy still lost because he was too long and the tail touched the outisde haha.

Pansage got one shotted obviously, poor little monkey had no power for haryiama.

I was kinda expecting the kid to have HAryiama instead of Golurk but I guess I'm fine, Golurk being bigger maybe presents more of a challenged even though sumo wise Haryiama makes more sense.

Pignite is a powerhouse .

Third mini tournament Satoshi wins lol.

---

Playerking, Oshawott won a tournament, behave stop hating on Pignite.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th July 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Really wish I knew where and how people Watch this when it airs. Oh well. Seems like people enjoyed the episode. Sure I will to. Probably shouldn't read so many spoilers, but eh, I'll stop that when the XY anime starts. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Nice to see Ash winning another competition.It seems writers learn their mistakes even it is too late.Mijumaru was really funny.New XY pokemons look nice.Alexa is a great character.Overall, it was a great episode.

Pignite smashed Golurk with that throw, Iv never been this happy from an outcome of one of Pignite's battles. He derserves tha stylish headband.

I didn't hear since my stream kept zoning out, but did Alexa say anything about Kalos? I missed her entire introduction and came in when she was telling the story. I didn't hear Kalos come up at all so maybe she's just holding onto it for a future episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

---

Playerking, Oshawott won a tournament, behave stop hating on Pignite.
    Technically, Oshawott was disqualified for having it's Scalchop break so no, Ash didn't win that with Oshawott at the end.

This was kinda boring. I mean it had it's nice moments here and there but wow. Z z z...

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Technically, Oshawott was disqualified for having it's Scalchop break so no, Ash didn't win that with Oshawott at the end.

This was kinda boring. I mean it had it's nice moments here and there but wow. Z z z...
    He won the tournament, he lost due to some BS gag in the end but he beat Dewott.

Gogoat and helioptile alone make the episode worth of it, everyone else go home
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I didn't hear since my stream kept zoning out, but did Alexa say anything about Kalos? I missed her entire introduction and came in when she was telling the story. I didn't hear Kalos come up at all so maybe she's just holding onto it for a future episode.
    Yes, she mentioned her Pokemon being from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    though this would have been the perfect time for Ash to get an Emboar
    For what?

BW saga only has around 10 more episodes left. What would be the use of any of Ash's pokemon evolving now (when they didn't evolve for so many episodes).

Its not like May whose Combusken evolving to Blaziken at the end of AG showcased that she has matured and is ready to continue her journey without Ash or Brock.

Officially he only won 2 mini tournaments which is kind of a sad record actually considering that BW saga had quite a few high scale tournaments.

He won the tournament, he lost due to some BS gag in the end but he beat Dewott.
    Actually the right term would be, ''he won the battle but lost the match''.

It wasn't some BS gag, it was their rule which stated that if the Scallop of a Oshawott or Dewott breaks they get disqualified, which is kind of understandable considering that a Scallop is pretty important to a Oshawott or Dewott and they even had a round to judged and compare those Scallops.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 18th July 2013 at 1:17 PM.

Do I have to be the one to ask what the point of TRio was in this?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

@playerking, you're here!!! I send PM to 5 members because I didn't expect you.

I find suecting that the starters featured in theoster are the kanto ones and the pokemon of the coordinators in his known stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

It wasn't some BS gag, it was their rule which stated that if the Scallop of a Oshawott or Dewott breaks they get disqualified, which is kind of understandable considering that a Scallop is pretty important to a Oshawott or Dewott and they even had a round to judged and compare those Scallops.
    I'm talking about DA and I'm not putting much fuel into it, just saying he won 3 mini tournaments, not saying they are important.

It was a BS rule because the tournament had ended already, Oshawott had the prize already, he beat Dewott but the writers decided to make him look stupid as usual, incredibly Scalchops go back to normal after getting two bandages on them, yeah its not a gag at all...Oshawott won that thing when he beat Dewott end of the discussion, its one of those things where one team gets robbed and we know who the real winner is.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Do I have to be the one to ask what the point of TRio was in this?
    None but please don't turn the thread into that...yes just like the Zoroark episode they appeared just to get blown off nothing else.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th July 2013 at 1:45 PM.

Helioptile was just adorable!
    Anyway, even if that episode was pretty simple, I liked the introduction of Alexa, Gogoat and Helioptile. Can't wait to see the next ones, they sound really good too!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    For what?

BW saga only has around 10 more episodes left. What would be the use of any of Ash's pokemon evolving now (when they didn't evolve for so many episodes).

Its not like May whose Combusken evolving to Blaziken at the end of AG showcased that she has matured and is ready to continue her journey without Ash or Brock.

Officially he only won 2 mini tournaments which is kind of a sad record actually considering that BW saga had quite a few high scale tournaments.

From what I understood, Oshawott's Scalchop broke because of comic relief, it didn't actually break.

Besides, Oshawott being disqualified because female Oshawott already decided to choose the Dewott.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast