Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    How on earth did pignite beat a rypherior...

Anyways i pretty much loved the episode, it seems best wishes keeps on improving
    Pignite is a fighting type..
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Pignite is a fighting type..
    Yea, buy rhyperior is rock/ground, having both a strength defensively and offensively. It is very slow, bit you would think it could withstand a few punches.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Probably my favorite episode of DA, they managed to balance Alexa and the Sumo tournament without either feeling too rushed (maybe could've gone a little longer on the final round).
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

It was a good episode 8/10

I find it bewildering and disheartening that the powers-that-be running the tournament are utterly unfazed and unaffected by TR being blasted off. There is no penalty to Golurk nor is there any concern or search for the contestants just sent flying across the horizon.

^my only thoughts about the episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

How fitting that this episode comes out the very same day as Gen 6.

Ooh, title change!

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    How fitting that this episode comes out the very same day as Gen 6.

Ooh, title change!
    They sure timed this episode well.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Got the right intro again. Helioptile's voice was eh, but I really loved gogoat's, it sounded really unique and it was funny when it got annoyed by alexa. Was nice seeing pignite jn action again too. Unfortunately it is the last time we will probably until maybe the kalos league.

Named Admiral Sentret

A love the voice for Alexa it fits her very much so does Helioptile and Gogoat , wow Ash actually remembers something as minor as the sumo competition from the Johto region, is it me or was the guy Ash argued with name Rodney who had the Golurk sounded and looked like Morrison from Hoenn does this mean TPCI hire 4kids VA's?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    A love the voice for Alexa it fits her very much so does Helioptile and Gogoat , wow Ash actually remembers something as minor as the sumo competition from the Johto region, is it me or was the guy Ash argued with name Rodney who had the Golurk sounded and looked like Morrison from Hoenn does this mean TPCI hire 4kids VA's?
    Well giovanni kept his VA from the 'kids dub. There was no reason they couldn't go and get some of the VA's.

Named Admiral Sentret

@yuoke, TPCI has most of the VAs that still works for them (4Kids), most just don't work for the dub anymore, retired, or dead. So before any flaming happens, no Veronica Taylor won't return asAsh.

There's a list floating around, look up who still works the dub.

It was a good episode. The Golurk guy's voice sounded like Morrison; did Morrison's VA voice that guy? And Alexa's voice sounded nice.

I may have missed something because I don't remember Ash competing in a Sumo Competition before. So if it did happen, then that's pretty awesome to get a good throwback. While the tournament wasn't too eventful, at least Pignite got some good screentime.

That Ninja looking guy did remind me of someone. I just couldn't place the name. Morrison sounds like a definite possibility.

Alexa is pretty cool, and her voice is not too shabby. Can't wait to see more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I may have missed something because I don't remember Ash competing in a Sumo Competition before. So if it did happen, then that's pretty awesome to get a good throwback. While the tournament wasn't too eventful, at least Pignite got some good screentime.

That Ninja looking guy did remind me of someone. I just couldn't place the name. Morrison sounds like a definite possibility.

Alexa is pretty cool, and her voice is not too shabby. Can't wait to see more of her.
    There was that one small sumo thing from johto, but it was hardly memorable. It was really cool that it was brought up, although you can clearly see in da that they are trying to bring back continuity to past regions with kalos/xy going to have to be connected.

Named Admiral Sentret

Alexa's dubbed voice was perfect and this was a okay episode 7/10 I think Tpci added some their own background music that are appealing during the sumo match.

I was a little disappointed this episode. I didn't pay attention to the spoilers for the Decolore arc when they aired in Japan but I was hoping this episode was more Kalos/Alexa centered. Either way it was nice to see new Pokémon and begin our Kalos transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    They've been using voice actors who worked with the 4Kids dub since about 2008 now. :P Rachel Lillis even voiced a character (Maylene)

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well giovanni kept his VA from the 'kids dub. There was no reason they couldn't go and get some of the VA's.
    His was replaced too, they just switched it back to his 4Kids VA once they could/had to.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Welcome to the cast, Alexa. I wished you could've shown an habitat full of Riolu but you showed Turtwig instead.

Regardless of her early bird cameo, the episode felt too rushed when the sumo competition was brought up, though I chuckled when Pignite won by default against a Slaking... How did that Slaking make it to the next rounds?

Congrats, Ash. You got such an important Hold Item. Many victories are assured... He isn't going to use it, is he.

OMG Ash referenced Johto! OH MY ARECUES!

I wonder who did Alexa. Sounded like I heard her.

Sean Schemel did the ninja guy right?
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 12th October 2013 at 5:49 PM.

Great episode, nice to see Alexa and new pkmn, that reference to Johto was a nice touch as well. Kalos is coming, can't wait for Oct. 19th.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 13th October 2013 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Great episode, nice to see Alexa and new pkmn, that reference to Johto was a nice touch as well. Kalos is coming, can't wait for Oct. 19th.
    That's actually bad news. While Japan will start airing the XY season, the "preview" we're going to get will delay the gap we have with Japan in episodes, unless I'm wrong and we're getting the normal Da! episode before the movie marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That's actually bad news. While Japan will start airing the XY season, the "preview" we're going to get will delay the gap we have with Japan in episodes, unless I'm wrong and we're getting the normal Da! episode before the movie marathon.
    Pretty sure the movie and preview air at night since they don't air new movies in the morning.

So regular ep plus movie and preivew as far as I can tell from the info we got

Looks like I've been pronouncing Kalos and Helioptile wrong.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Well, the sumo competition from Johto was mentioned which is pretty cool.. You know the one, where Totodile was falsely promised that he'd become a Feraligatr? Yeah that's the one..

Pignite should've evolved to believably throw that Golurk around. Oh and what on earth is this? This COTD not only looks like Morrison, acts like Morrison and gets a similar reaction out of Ash as Morrison did, but he has exactly the same voice too? How freaking inventive..

Gogoat's cry is pretty decent though and there were a bunch of older heavyweights, so I can't complain about that..

yeah it was the same VA that did Morrison. He also looked and acted like him too almost

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Pretty sure the movie and preview air at night since they don't air new movies in the morning.

So regular ep plus movie and preivew as far as I can tell from the info we got
    The movie airs in the afternoon on CN.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast