Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Journalist from Another Region! (795)

As I expected, this episode was a disappointment imo. Even though it was supposed to showcase Gen 6 Pokemon, Helioptile and Gogoat didn't do much; they just sort of stood in the background while the sumo tournament took place, although in the case of Helioptile that might be a good thing since I still don't care for it much lol. Ash and his Pignite seemed to get more attention than Alexa did, which was unexpected. I really thought this would be her episode but she was more like a spectator than an important character. What a shame. I thought Team Rocket's part was unnecessary since they literally got nothing done, and seeing Ash win the tournament with Pignite left a sour taste in my mouth. I just don't see how a Pignite could overpower a Golurk like that. Yes I realize that the rules were different, but Golurk shouldn't have even budged imo. Whatever, 3 kisses out of 10.

I was pretty surprised that Alexa and her pokemon got little focus here. But she will be around for the rest of DA! it looks like and I'm sure she'll be in some XY episodes so no worries their. Good episode all around.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I was pretty surprised that Alexa and her pokemon got little focus here. But she will be around for the rest of DA! it looks like and I'm sure she'll be in some XY episodes so no worries their. Good episode all around.
    Basicly she is here to promote X and Y so she will do stuff in various episodes to do that I assume without getting to much focus but continuous one, like her Noivern being important in that Noivern episode, Gogoat helping in that episode where we see her riding with the kid and Satoshi, etc.

Alexa is basically the only fanserice in all of BW besides cynthia eating ice cream and dawn "researching" foongus.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Meh, I didn't really like this episode. The first five or seven minutes were good since it introduced Alexa, but after that everything just went downhill for me. The focus went from Alexa to Pignite, something that wouldn't have bothered me if this episode was actually good. The tournament, the CoTD and even the story behind the festival, I just didn't like any of it really.

The TRio I really have no words for. They were so weak and pathetic in this episode, even in most DP episodes they put up a better fight then here. How anyone can think they were funny is beyond me.

The only thing I liked about this episode were Alexa and her Pokemon. I think she is an interesting character and I like how her Pokemon help her with her job. Helioptile was cute and Alexa's interactions with Gogoat were entertaining indeed. Despite them all being good characters, I don't think they were good enough to save this episode. The fact they were only the focus for like five minutes didn't really help either.

4.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    And @ Rohanator: DUDE, you forgot about something MORE important. GROTLE and TORTERRA's beautiful art by the water in Pansy's pics!!! Our favorite Pokemon reappeared!
    Haha indeed I should've mentioned that. : D That was a great little cookie thrown in. + That's the only Grotle to EVER appear in the anime besides Ash's.

Dayum Kira do you hate Ash or something?
    Last edited by Rohanator; 19th July 2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I'm trying to figure out why Alexa had Uniboob the entire episode. I mean the anime did have Prima in it, and she was even uncensored for the English version. >_>

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

LOL.

I don't know why some of you expected this episode to focus around Alexa and the 6th generation Pokemon, especially knowing there was going to be a sumo wrestling.

How many times does it have to be said, the titles mean nothing. Most of the time, they have little meaning to the bulk of the episode.

Besides Alexa's going to be here, for who knows how long, she'll get plenty of focus then as well as her Pokemon.

Who knows what surprises, she'll show us near the end of the 5th generation series.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

God, the Pignite glorification makes me want to throw up. I think it's even surpassed Pikachu this saga. It shouldn't have beaten a Golurk when it got spanked by Pansage's Bullet Seed getting deflected off of a Magnezone. And it got more screen-time in that episode too. Gag me. If it's getting development and a boost from Focus Band, then it better evolve.

Then again, this tournament sucked. As I thought, it basically featured OHKO battles in single scenes.

Fortunately the time was devoted to something more important: Alexa and her Pokemon. I wish they were featured more and the tournament wasn't in the episode, but she'll be sticking around, so that's awesome.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Dayum Kira do you hate Ash or something?
    Nope, I'm completely indifferent to him. I'm just giving my unbiased opinion here: I don't think Ash and Pignite should have been glorified in this episode. This was supposed to be the big Gen 6 promo episode that everyone was looking forward to because of Alexa, Helioptile and Gogoat's debuts, yet instead it was almost completely about Ash and Pignite and that one character of the day whose sudden rivalry with Ash seemed incredibly forced imo. And obviously we knew beforehand that there was gonna be some sumo tournament in this episode but I didn't think it would play such an integral role. But kudos to Ash for sharing the prize at least. That was nice of him.

Why are people complaining about pignite getting a bone tossed to him when the only thing that ever happens in a snivy ep is glorifying that arrogant Pokemon and mijumaru somehow makes himself the star in episodes that he had no reason to b in.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 19th July 2013 at 4:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Why are people complaining about pignite getting a bone tossed to him when the only thing that ever happens in a snivy ep is glorifying that arrogant Pokemon and mijumaru somehow makes himself the star in episodes that he had no reason to b in.
    I'd preferred if that bone was evolution instead of DEM at play.

I mean, it's just sad the likes of bubbly Bianca can reach the last stage in less that twenty episodes while Ash struggles several dozens of episodes without success. I WANT EMBOAR BEAR HUGGING ASH.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

I mean, it's just sad the likes of bubbly Bianca can reach the last stage in less that twenty episodes while Ash struggles several dozens of episodes without success. I WANT EMBOAR BEAR HUGGING ASH.
    I honestly don't see how Pignite beating Golurk was DEM, considering:

1. It wasn't a battle.
    2. Pignite is part fighting therefore would reasonably have super strength more so than a non fighting type Pokemon of Pignite's size.
    3. It doesn't matter in the end.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So a Judo throw is now "dem"? he used Golurk momentum against him, I want him to evolve but it was pretty damn cool how he did win.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th July 2013 at 5:29 AM.

It's a pretty significant bone compared to the rest of the Unova team, sans Pikachu and maybe Krookodile.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    So a Judo throw is now "dem"? he used Golurk momentum against him, I want him to evolve but it was pretty damn cool how he did win.
    I guess so.

But, you know, Fighting-type & normal physical attacks don't work on Ghosts so... Oh, anime logic. Never mind. I did like the cheap win anyway.

I guess so.

But, you know, Fighting-type & normal physical attacks don't work on Ghosts so... Oh, anime logic. Never mind. I did like the cheap win anyway.
    He didn't use any move, I didn't mean he used a move, I said he used judo basicly.

At least he evolved once. No excuse for his mijumaru and snivy who he has owned and until recently used more to still not evolve. Honestly if the games didnt exist I'd say people would think Pokemon would be better off unevolved based off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It's a pretty significant bone compared to the rest of the Unova team, sans Pikachu and maybe Krookodile.
    Its not that significant considering his "wins" were like 2 minutes of action.

Pignite has already proved himself in the past imo, which is why I didn't think he deserved this particular victory. I mean to be completely honest the battle was really disappointing because Pignite won in like five seconds flat. It was too one-sided. And like I said before, a behemoth like Golurk should have been able to withstand Pignite's toss easily. I just felt underwhelmed by the whole thing.

Pignite was terribly defeated by a Serperior in the Junior Cup, so I think it deserved a tournament win.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 19th July 2013 at 2:25 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    . I'm just giving my unbiased opinion here:.
    Your opinion is just as biased as any other user.

DEM? Pignite was shown to have massive physical strength consistently since it evolved. It took on Dawn's Mamoswine head on in the episdes before the Junior Cup arc. Besides he didn't completely throw Golurk's weight. He simply used Golurk's momentum and tossed it away. It was quick thinking on Ash's part. Not a DEM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Pignite was terribly defeated by a Serperior in the Junior Cup, so I think it deserved a tournament win.
    Very good point. Not to mention a certain dragon pokemon that took two strong ice types down, a garden hose that took everything else down and not to mention a certain Pikachu who has had the most underserved wins in the entire series.

My ideal battle ever!

Ursaring and Beartic fighting made this episode for me. Reference to real life ftw
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Dragonite against a Beartic that isn't Georgia's?

Seriously, this is such an odd occurrence. You'd think it was the perfect time to have her appear out of nowhere and fuel the shippers with ideas.

How on earth did pignite beat a rypherior...

Anyways i pretty much loved the episode, it seems best wishes keeps on improving
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast