Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst cartoon characters of all time?

Kind of agree with Jerry from Tom and Jerry. I know Tom does start a lot of them and really is unfair to Jerry but Jerry has started a lot to especially times when he knows Tom will get in trouble if Jerry does something bad. It was really annoying that Tom lost these ones it would of been much fairer if Jerry was the one who got the short stick in the end sometimes.

Also Meg from Family Guy I know she is the butt monkey of the show but I really hated her before the whole Family Guy world made Meg its most hated character. I just didn't like how she was so needy and cries when things don't go her way. I'm sort of glad she show gives her hate but I just don't like her at all. She really went from a very needy character to a very needy character with issues and who the whole Family Guy universe hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Bugs Bunny was an asshole back in the day, too. Still kinda is, actually, though he's mellowed out by The Looney Tunes Show. Daffy Duck will always have his greedy bastard character, though, despite that being Chuck Jones' addition to his character. At least it made him less annoying, honestly.

Tom and Jerry is still comedy gold, though.
    Okay, yeah... I can see why you'd say that. I myself always saw Bugs Bunny as simply quite anarchic, often in a kinda Marx Bros. sense. Depends on era and a few other factors though. Depends who was making it at each point, I guess. I find it interesting how the "evolution" and development of characters can sometimes become entirely organic or, as is more often the case with simpler narratives, ends up representing the whims of writing staff.
    And we can certainly agree that Looney Toons were an absolute classic. I was always more of a Roadrunner man, myself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGirl View Post
    Mole King was Okay. I found it annoying how they made him the only homosexual character on the show. It kinda seemed offensive.
    I found him really campy, and pretty funny. Also helps that at the end, you see that Johnny is like twice the size of the moles, so their conquest to take over the world was just hilarious. And then the fact Mole King shrugs it off after "vowing" revenge and says something along the lines of "Aw well, some other time I suppose", and daintily walks off. He was really the only reason I stayed with the show when it was on Kids WB. I looked forward to seeing him more, though he only showed up for a brief cameo once, I believe, and then he was shoved back underground.

Wasn't that funny an episode, now that I think back to it, but at least the moles wearing sunglasses was a nice brick joke/callback.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I was going to say something about Johnny Test, but I couldn't think of anything. Because honestly, I like the first season to an extent. Everything after that is awful, and I find that sad, because the show really did have potential to be good. The first season when it aired on Kids WB was amongst the last of the good cartoons that were airing at that time, in my opinion.
    Haha I remember watching the first two seasons on Netflix last summer, and I have to agree. The show wasn't half-bad and was pretty entertaining, but it never lived to its full potential.

Pretty much every character on every cartoon network show these days. They need to have the old shows again (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, etc.)

http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=jbla

Please go to this website and make a FREE account! You will have a virtual character, virtual pets, and virtual friends! Similar to Neopets but WAY better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DjangoCribbs View Post
    No, they're right. My nephew watches that stuff religiously, I've done my research. Jerry is ten times the ***-hat that Thomas is. And I know it's a cartoon and all... but that mouse should'a got munched after the first episode. It's a freakin' mouse. Those things are dumb as hell next to a cat.
    Ya now take out that aspect and watch the show lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 493Arceus View Post
    Pretty much every character on every cartoon network show these days. They need to have the old shows again (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, etc.)
    Kids nowadays probably find MLP and the like to be as good as the shows we liked as kids.

I found him really campy, and pretty funny. Also helps that at the end, you see that Johnny is like twice the size of the moles, so their conquest to take over the world was just hilarious. And then the fact Mole King shrugs it off after "vowing" revenge and says something along the lines of "Aw well, some other time I suppose", and daintily walks off. He was really the only reason I stayed with the show when it was on Kids WB. I looked forward to seeing him more, though he only showed up for a brief cameo once, I believe, and then he was shoved back underground.

Wasn't that funny an episode, now that I think back to it, but at least the moles wearing sunglasses was a nice brick joke/callback.
    Theyve only really made him attempt world domination about twice in total, other times hes just been filling in the competitions Johnny hosts, and that weird evil villian club thing. Even though hes underused, he was amusing with the "diamond studded sunglasses" and his pretty-princess attitude, but the fact that they didnt include him more makes him a waste of charater in my opinion. Its a shame, really.
    Hes rarely in the newer seasons, and I think thats part of the reason why Johnny Test is getting bland: Underdevelopment of good characters which for them, only need to be included for a short period.

Eto eto ano eto ano e Toeto

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Kids nowadays probably find MLP and the like to be as good as the shows we liked as kids.
    To be honest, I find MLP to be on the same par or slightly better than the shows I liked as a kid like Dexter's Lab, Spongebob Squarepants (2nd-3rd season), Powerpuff Girls, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. The same creators and staff of MLP worked on Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff girls. Maybe this is why.

Another character I hate? I have to say Cheese from Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends. That character totally ruined the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    To be honest, I find MLP to be on the same par or slightly better than the shows I liked as a kid like Dexter's Lab, Spongebob Squarepants (2nd-3rd season), Powerpuff Girls, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. The same creators and staff of MLP worked on Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff girls. Maybe this is why.

Another character I hate? I have to say Cheese from Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends. That character totally ruined the show for me.
    Cheese was more annoying than hateable in my case. The fact that we says "I like chocolate milk" on every episode hes on used to really -pee- me off the most. His eyes annoy me too.

Oh God, Cheese. Almost forgot about him. Though for me it's between him and Berry as the worst character on the show.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by 493Arceus View Post
    What are you talking about? Cartoon Network actually has some pretty good shows on right now. Infact, it's lineup nowadays are far better in contrast to the last decade, especially the tail end of it. Sure, you'll have some crap shows here and there, but a majority of them, are actually quite good. You kind of need to get the idea of being able to appeal to as many audiences as possible and all that junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Also Meg from Family Guy I know she is the butt monkey of the show but I really hated her before the whole Family Guy world made Meg its most hated character. I just didn't like how she was so needy and cries when things don't go her way. I'm sort of glad she show gives her hate but I just don't like her at all. She really went from a very needy character to a very needy character with issues and who the whole Family Guy universe hates.
    I kind of think they're gonna end up making some sort of dumb hipster joke with her with the hipsters going like, "no way, i hated her way before you did and before it became mainstream and shit." But at the same time, that joke is already so ****ing old already. At least to me.

Truth is, I can see how it is an interesting satire to the whole teenage girl with issues kind of thing to be true, hating on her and all for trying too hard to fit in and be cool and all, as it's very pertinent of that of society today, or rather, my highschool generation in the 2000's. These were some pretty awful times mind you. I mean think about it, the whole Nick/MTV generation, really fucked up alot of this generation's youth's mindsets (especially at that time) and ideals as to what it means to live a "good" and "cool" life to make themselves feel cool and to be accepted and all. I think it's a very awful thing tbh.

But in all honesty, its kinda gotten so fucking dumb that it's literally annoying and shows just how awful we've become as a society today and I'm kinda tired of it already. And I kinda think they should probably just kill that joke already and move on to something better and different now, cuz really... I kinda think it's something we need to learn from and change really today, cuz I'm pretty sure these guys are probably hinting towards that for us, until they give her a different joke that's rather pertinent to today's society.

Cuz let's face it, Family Guy, as silly as it may be, is actually quite brilliant at times, actually poking fun of today's society and being true in a very dark light, disguised as something to be very colorfully crude and hilarious. I think it's a joke that kind of needs to be taken seriously, as dark as it comes off. Of course, change is complex... so yeah...

I wouldn't doubt they'll end up changing the character's formula and responses to things, while still maintaining the same nature they always have been.

They should just make Meg a hipster (or behave like one) and make her cool, and then the joke would be, "man, I hate being cool. since when was it ever cool, to be cool?" "yeah man, cool is stupid." and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Rave; 20th July 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Ed, ed and eddy... Ermm.. Something like that. That cartoon crept me out .w." or dexter labratory... Idk... These ones were just so creepy to me xD.
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

Quote Originally Posted by xYachu View Post
    Ed, ed and eddy... Ermm.. Something like that. That cartoon crept me out .w." or dexter labratory... Idk... These ones were just so creepy to me xD.
    .... Please dont tell me Plank creeped you out
    I didnt like Edd much because he was always too sensible and chicken-y whenever they did something.

Starfire from Teen Titans.

Nothing more than a space version of a dumb blonde(Which I HATEHATEHATEHATE in all forms of fiction for the bad example it sets for girls), and the only main Titan not to get a season of focus on them. Instead, we got the Terra-ible season. What a waste!
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Well maybe Craig McCracken sees Satan that way. *shrugs* It did give him that creepy vibe, though, I'll have to admit.
    Craig was hardly the first person to portray Satan that way. Take a look.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlamingDevil
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sylveon View Post
    Starfire from Teen Titans.

Nothing more than a space version of a dumb blonde(Which I HATEHATEHATEHATE in all forms of fiction for the bad example it sets for girls), and the only main Titan not to get a season of focus on them. Instead, we got the Terra-ible season. What a waste!
    You kind of have to see it in the sense, that she's from a completely different culture and is completely naive and ignorant to the ideals and ways of Earth society, cultures and it's customs, so you kinda have to expect her to come off that way. It doesn't mean she's dumb, she's yet to learn and come to be able to comprehend it. But when it comes to places outside of earth, she's actually quite brilliant and knowledgable as to how to get around.

That's kinda why it may come off as to why she may seem that way, but in reality, she kinda really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    Craig was hardly the first person to portray Satan that way. Take a look.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlamingDevil
    Lol, holy crap. How could I forget about the Red Guy, he was the most entertaining part about Cow and Chicken, despite being obsessed with showing off his butt. (Which I think is supposed to be a hairy butt now that I think about it o_o...)
    I survived Pupa.

Lol, holy crap. How could I forget about the Red Guy, he was the most entertaining part about Cow and Chicken, despite being obsessed with showing off his butt. (Which I think is supposed to be a hairy butt now that I think about it o_o...)
    Besides that, you have to admit, it was a wonderful, significant, full piece of booty.

The other character I hate is Peggy Hill from King of the Hill. Literally, every time she is on screen I cringe. I like Marge as a character far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    Besides that, you have to admit, it was a wonderful, significant, full piece of booty.
    o_o;

The other character I hate is Peggy Hill from King of the Hill. Literally, every time she is on screen I cringe. I like Marge as a character far more.
    Peggy was fine at first, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I always felt Luanne was worse, though.
    I survived Pupa.

Btw, if you think Starfire was a ditz on the cartoon version, you should have seen the comic book version, where she was an exhibitionist and hardly the "innocent alien" she was in the cartoon. (In fact, the cartoon was very much a "kid friendly parody" of something that was "darker and edgier" across the board. As far as Starfire was concerned, her conflict with her sister was far more serious, where Blackfire was not only capable of murder towards that goal, but possibly rape, both doing it herself and through someone else.)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

Cow and chicken, rosco's world, ran & stimpy, catdog, ed edd, and eddy.... older rugrats, teens. Teen titans because of what they did to terra I hate that show. And everything on CN except, adventure time & regular show. I won't even mention adult swim. It's just sad.

Also maybe angry beavers and invander zim/zam.

"I love it... That face!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I was gonna say Kevin from Ed, Edd and Eddy at first, but he actually becomes cool with the Eds at the end of the series, which really kinda makes me feel really happy for them all really. Goes to show that kids/people grow up overtime and change for the better for all. Felt sorry for Johnny though. =P But I'm sure they all kinda all became very cool past the ending if you catch my drift. =P And Jimmy becomes the cool hipster in the block and no longer comes off as the effeminate softy.
    Kevin got on my nerves. So did Sarah and Jimmy... (Though they did forgive the Ed's in the end (Well, I think Eddy and Ed more than Edd, but yeah..) Jimmy and Sarah were supposed to the stereotypes of spoiled children I believe, but unlike Eddy, they never gave Kevin a legit reason for his jerky-ness throughout the show. (I think he was supposed to be a stereotype of a "Jock", tho.)

I remember Peggy, Cotton, Bill, Nancy, Khan and Hank all got all got some bad rep from King of the Hill. But I think that was a more serious animated show, and it was supposed to show their faults as humans (no one is perfect, I remember they all had the good traits too).

There was a Looney Tune where Wile finally caught the Road Runner. (though he was at a dis-advantage due to a freak-accident involving a water pipe.) Tom and Jerry was sort of frustrating at times for Tom, but I think that was the joke/point, as dark as it was.

For Family Guy, Peter's stupidity turned me off from that show completely. Sorry, it just stopped being funny.

I remember Catdog. You forgot that hoodlum Dog gang and Green rabbit, who had total control over their society, who made Cat and Dog miserable, in addition to Winslow the Rat, that's why I hated that show as a kid. DX

Can't think of any more examples right now.

I hated everyone on Family Guy and the show as a whole.

Whoever thought making a joke about Elizabeth Smart was funny should have been flogged.

- Albert Einstein

@Rave

Though Meg is meant to be how the teenage culture is now of wanting to be popular it's just how she behaves to get popular that bugs me. Like she has shown almost stalking popular kids at school to be one of them, tries way to hard, insults everyone else who isn't one of the popular kid and how when she thinks shes popular how she treats people who she considers less popular like dirt. Really she could be considered a bully if she wasn't so pathetic all the time. Hipster wouldn't work on her since her being unpopular is pretty much her character. Her personality would make the joke how she wouldn't want to be cool horrible. It would be funnier if they introduced a character who was a hipster and compared them to Meg. Really Meg is unpopular for a reason with the fan base before the show started doing the joke kind of like how Brain is now.

For another show I think Haley from American Dad is a bad character. Not for her beliefs but her hypocrisy. Like she treats her boyfriend like dirt even after telling Steve to treat other people nice, has no problem breaking up with people at the worst times and then has crazy break down when someone does it to her,and really has no problem insulting someone who gives her attention but can't stand it when she realizes they have moved on. Really I just find her a hard character to like because of that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast