Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Worst cartoon characters of all time?

Whoever said Timmy Turner wins the thread. In the first season or so, Timmy wasn't too bad, but he became such a jerk as time went on. He turned from an essentially sweet kid who made stupid mistakes into a hedonistic, sociopathic twerp who never learned his lesson.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Maetch View Post
    Yeah... the 80s were not kind to Scooby-Doo, what with all the needless additions to the cast. For that I blame... RED HERRING!
    Was it just me, or was A Pup Named Scooby-Doo the first Scooby-Doo cartoon that made Fred an idiot?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Was it just me, or was A Pup Named Scooby-Doo the first Scooby-Doo cartoon that made Fred an idiot?
    Yes. Aside from that though A pup named Scooby Doo was a pretty good show. I despise Red Herring, mainly because he's a ginger and doesn't have a soul.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Mr. Krabs was a bit despicable and money-hungry before the movie, but he at least had a heart. Remember "Hooky"? He doesn't give a damn about SpongeBob anymore. He forced a mentally-disabled Squidward to work. He drove Plankton to contemplate suicide. I wish he was banished to Davy Jones' Locker now!
    Don't we all? For me the worst cartoon character has to be King Sombra from MLPFiM because he is such a generic and mono-dimensional villain; all he cares about is enslaving the crystal ponies. He makes an even worse Sauron than Sauron himself.

I hate Sayaa from Shugo Chara because she is so annoying and unnecessary. If the creators took her out of the show they would lose nothing; She's not plot relevant, she's not funny, she's not interesting and there's not a single likeable thing about her she even sucks at showing up showing up Amu which seems to be the only reason she's there at all.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 7th September 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

scrappy doo

nobody likes scrappy doo

except for me i don't mind him
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Don't we all? For me the worst cartoon character has to be King Sombra from MLPFiM because he is such a generic and mono-dimensional villain; all he cares about is enslaving the crystal ponies. He makes for an even worse Sauron than Sauron himself.

I hate Sayaa from Shugo Chara because she is so annoying and unnecessary. If the creators took her out of the show they would lose nothing; She's not plot relevant, she's not funny, she's not interesting and there's not a single likeable thing about her she even sucks at showing up showing up Amu which seems to be the only reason she's there at all.
    Well personally the hatred of King Sombre for being one dimensional should also apply to worst pony... I mean Scootaloo.
    She is basically what all you said about Sayaa except for the showing up part.
    I mean Scootaloo had 3 seasons to get a personality or character development or connect with the audience but no she has done literally nothing for the entire show and makes me wonder if she was intended to be a background pony.
    I would believe it too because we know so little about her we had to be specifically told that she is not an orphan!

Quote Originally Posted by cmarston1 View Post
    Well personally the hatred of King Sombre for being one dimensional should also apply to worst pony... I mean Scootaloo.
    She is basically what all you said about Sayaa except for the showing up part.
    I mean Scootaloo had 3 seasons to get a personality or character development or connect with the audience but no she has done literally nothing for the entire show and makes me wonder if she was intended to be a background pony.
    I would believe it too because we know so little about her we had to be specifically told that she is not an orphan!
    I might be getting this wrong but in episode 1 she only appeared as a cameo so at that point in the series development I would assume she was a background pony but I don't know what was going though the creators minds when they wanted to make Scootaloo a side character.

Personally I think Scootaloo has more depth than Sombra because Sombra displays about as much depth as a fork.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 30th August 2013 at 1:40 AM.

Hibiki wants hugs

Adding Uncle Grandpa to the list. An overweight man-child who wears either suspenders or lederhosen and knee socks with a beanie flies around on the world on a realistic tiger that farts rainbows and crashes into children's houses to play with them. The kids find him annoying from hell and back, and yet for whatever reason they come to like him by the time he leaves. He is also apparently everyone's uncle and grandpa. And he sounds like a human Patrick Star, but is played by the show's creator Peter Browngardt himself.

Really? This is the slop you're feeding to our kids? Are you high, Cartoon Network? Pee-Wee's Playhouse was better than this! I expected Nickelodeon to air this crap, not you! Not again, anyway! Please, someone try to defend this show, because I'm not seeing the appeal of an overweight creepy man crashing into homes to play with children he's never seen before.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Adding Uncle Grandpa to the list. An overweight man-child who wears either suspenders or lederhosen and knee socks with a beanie flies around on the world on a realistic tiger that farts rainbows and crashes into children's houses to play with them. The kids find him annoying from hell and back, and yet for whatever reason they come to like him by the time he leaves. He is also apparently everyone's uncle and grandpa. And he sounds like a human Patrick Star, but is played by the show's creator Peter Browngardt himself.

Really? This is the slop you're feeding to our kids? Are you high, Cartoon Network? Pee-Wee's Playhouse was better than this! I expected Nickelodeon to air this crap, not you! Not again, anyway! Please, someone try to defend this show, because I'm not seeing the appeal of an overweight creepy man crashing into homes to play with children he's never seen before.
    I'm....i'm frightened..

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I told you he would be annoying. I could tell just from the previews before the show aired.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Family guy. I'm gonna get so much hate for this. I just hate family guy the characters are so unoriginal.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Ed Edd n Eddy. I just didn't get the characters and the animation wasn't at all that good.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion, I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain hate for Shinji. But for those of you who have never seen or heard of NGE (which I assume is about 3 of you at this point) Shinji is so ANNOYING he complains all the time, yes you're forced to fight aliens to save humanity and yes your dad doesn't care about you, but It's gotten to the point where we stop feeling bad for you and we yell SHUT UP, SHINJI.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 3rd October 2013 at 9:17 AM.

Hibiki wants hugs

Yu Gi Oh Zexal would be a thousand times better without Yuma. He's a whiny little brat and why 2 girls have a crush on him is beyond me. Thanks to him I can't remember why I found Jaden so annoying.

But besides that I don't like Seto Kaiba or Yami Bakura.

Dark Laser from Fairly OddParents, maybe its because im not a huge Star Wars fan, but its just that Darth Vader has been parodied so many times, and the stupid Flipsie joke is stupid, should have just appeared twice. And Crocker appears way too much, the writers have nearly forgotten Vicky.

Also, has anybody noticed how contradicting Timmy's parents are. One episode they seem to care about him and behave like normal minded people (like the Ruled Out episode, or Channel Surfers) and in the other they are irresponsible idiots (and not just in the old episodes), just so they can put Vicky.

At people saying Timmy's selfish, hes just 10, and has always been ignored by everyone. Yes, he could do some nice things every once in while, but most 10 year old kids only care about themselves, especially one that can have anything he wants. Quite honestly, i never really hated him.

Quote Originally Posted by gars129 View Post
    Also, has anybody noticed how contradicting Timmy's parents are. One episode they seem to care about him and behave like normal minded people (like the Ruled Out episode, or Channel Surfers) and in the other they are irresponsible idiots (and not just in the old episodes), just so they can put Vicky.
    I think they're parodies of parents who tend to "abandon" their children to go do things they want to do (similar to Mindy's parents from Animaniacs, even though she wasn't a great kid to begin with anyway). They can get rather emotionally abusive, as much as it's played for laughs and is why Timmy acts the way he does. Even though he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, Timmy's dad is funny at times (arguably one of the funniest characters on the show), but the implications of what they (inevitably, perhaps) did to their son is a bit terrifying when you think about it long enough. It's one of the reasons why Timmy has his godparents to begin with, though apparently it looks like a lot of parents in the show are like this... it's a bit disturbing.

At people saying Timmy's selfish, hes just 10, and has always been ignored by everyone. Yes, he could do some nice things every once in while, but most 10 year old kids only care about themselves, especially one that can have anything he wants. Quite honestly, i never really hated him.
    True, but you would think that Timmy would learn over time to grow up a little. Apparently he acts like this so he can keep his godparents--as evident by the live action movie (which weirded me out a lot, honestly, and not just because of the awful CGI). So in a way, he probably does learn lessons he needs to mature into a better person, but he purposefully ignores it so he can be a child forever. Until you learn about this (quoted from TV Tropes):

"It's been revealed that Timmy made a wish to prevent everyone on the show from aging. This might include him, given how he's been 10 since 1999."

This might actually explain why everyone acts the way they do. If they're not allowed to age, they can't grow as a person. So in a way, because of Timmy Turner, everyone on the show is a little messed up. Yeah...
    I survived Pupa.

****ing Harold from Hey Arnold I hat him with a passion.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Well, since the above poster mentioned a Hey Arnold! character, and most of the cartoon characters that annoy me have already been mentioned, I'll bring up a Hey Arnold! character as well.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Lila, and I know I'm not alone in disliking her. Outside of the first episode she appears in, she just seems like such a flat, paper-thin character that only exists to give Arnold somebody else to crush on. She's also always struck me as a Mary Sue, and an "ever-so" irritatingly saccharine one at that. Smart, pretty, popular, unrealistically friendly and pure, and all the guys are in love with her, especially Arnold. Bleh.

Also, since some people mentioned Looney Tunes, I've personally never cared for the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons. I don't remember if anyone mentioned Tweety, but if not, I am. Again, I found him too saccharine, and he has such an annoying voice. Sylvester's fine, if a bit bland, though.

Seconding Mr. Krabs post-Spongebob movie and all of the Digimon characters mentioned except for Mimi and Ken (throw in Yoshino from Savers instead - such a useless character).

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Well, since the above poster mentioned a Hey Arnold! character, and most of the cartoon characters that annoy me have already been mentioned, I'll bring up a Hey Arnold! character as well.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Lila, and I know I'm not alone in disliking her. Outside of the first episode she appears in, she just seems like such a flat, paper-thin character that only exists to give Arnold somebody else to crush on. She's also always struck me as a Mary Sue, and an "ever-so" irritatingly saccharine one at that. Smart, pretty, popular, unrealistically friendly and pure, and all the guys are in love with her, especially Arnold. Bleh.

Also, since some people mentioned Looney Tunes, I've personally never cared for the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons. I don't remember if anyone mentioned Tweety, but if not, I am. Again, I found him too saccharine, and he has such an annoying voice. Sylvester's fine, if a bit bland, though.

Seconding Mr. Krabs post-Spongebob movie and all of the Digimon characters mentioned except for Mimi and Ken (throw in Yoshino from Savers instead - such a useless character).
    Oh God, I agree 100% on Tweety. I never got his appeal.

I can't stand Archer from the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime. He was just random and a stereotypical villain only to become TerminArcher at the end. Laaaaaame.

Zim from Invader Zim, I never get wants so funny or great about an alien that wants to distory the Earth, and his voice and catch phases are annoying as heck. Gir is a stupid character too and just exists to make lame jokes.

Honestly I don't like how much of a brat Timmy Turner can be either but he is 10 so it's natural for him to be a bit arrogant.

But the thing is he usually faces consequences for his actions and learns his lesson in the end...Last I checked.

Fairy Odd Parents was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid and I felt like it should've ended off at The Channel Chasers movie.
    I support shipping diversity because our fanbases would be boring if we all supported the bloody canon.

Scrappy Doo from Scooby Doo. The physical embodiment of the word 'annoying'. In fact, one year he was actually voted Most Annoying Cartoon Character of All Time.

Oh, and Amy Rose from Sonic X. Not only was she an annoying little stalker b*tch, she almost always ended up needing saving. .....They should have used Princess Sally Acorn. She's MUCH better for Sonic. ....OK, I digressed. Anyways, this is mainly more due to my own personal opinions, but I'd also put Rainbow Dash on the list. I'm not a Brony, nor will I ever be, and RD for some reason is the character from that show I hate the most.
    Last edited by TheGreaterLucario; 3rd November 2013 at 3:21 AM.

I'd say some characters but since I cannot decide much (I don't watch cartoons as much as before, if not rarely...) I'd say the Earl of Lemongrab in "Adventure Time". I like that shows characters, true, but Lemongrab is one of those characters that I don't like. Aesthetically speaking, he's ugly and has a very annoying voice.

Another I'd say is the Ice King (also from Adventure Time) because he's creepy and I don't like his attitude.

Another, now that I think about it, is Spongebob Squarepants. Before he was pretty good but now... I kinda think he's getting worse already (as hos show is)

I just remembered this. Anyone here familiar with a show called Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island? If not, I don't blame you. There's a reason it only lasted 13 episodes. It's also believed to be a shameless knock-off to SpongeBob with talking fruit, and this was back in 2005--and before the Annoying Orange came to be. (Yes, this predates Annoying Orange by four years.) Coconut Fred was the SpongeBob of today, pretty much, except more annoying. I think the only "likeable" character on that show was Wedgie, a lemon who just wants to get off the island, but can't because of Fred. He's pretty much the Squidward of the show who actually wanted to leave the show.
    I survived Pupa.

I just remembered this. Anyone here familiar with a show called Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island? If not, I don't blame you. There's a reason it only lasted 13 episodes. It's also believed to be a shameless knock-off to SpongeBob with talking fruit, and this was back in 2005--and before the Annoying Orange came to be. (Yes, this predates Annoying Orange by four years.) Coconut Fred was the SpongeBob of today, pretty much, except more annoying. I think the only "likeable" character on that show was Wedgie, a lemon who just wants to get off the island, but can't because of Fred. He's pretty much the Squidward of the show who actually wanted to leave the show.
    Ohhhh God, don't remind me. I only ever watched one episode of that. Easily by far one the stupidest shows I've ever seen. The only reason I even watched that one episode I did is because the show I was wanting to watch was airing right after it, so I decided to grin and bare it through the episode for the sake of catching my show.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast