Thread: Wifi OU Team for Wifi Tourney (So Far 10-1 and Counting!!)

Default Wifi OU Team for Wifi Tourney (So Far 10-1 and Counting!!)

Hey guys. This is my crack at an OU team for the tournament coming up based around Espeon (my favorite Pokemon of course), although I don't like using legendaries in OU, so my only rules are I must keep Espeon, won't use legendaries (but would make an exception if I could fit in a Latias for this team probably), and don't prefer using HP since I'm not an expert breeder (unless someone wants to donate a timid Rotom with HP fire 31/30/31/30/31/30).

Spoiler:- Teambuilding:

The Team:

Kookamunga the Espeon (F) @Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball / Baton Pass
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    I'm 100% using Magic Bounce Espeon, so I decided on Dual Screen with Light Clay to set up my defenses along with being able to counter any hazards my opponent sends my way. This is all in addition to having the capability to sweep anyone low in Def.

ShroomLife the Breloom (F) @Focus Sash
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Bullet Seed
    -Low Sweep
    -Mach Punch
    -Spore
    I've always thought Breloom was a very good Pokemon, but now I've finally decided to use it with it's DW ability. Love everything except I'm not sure what to use for the last move spot. I figured with Focus Sash I can survive a flying attack and Spore my opponent before I die, allowing me to then switch out or sweep. This means I don't really need Stone Edge or Rock Slide over Spore, but if you guys think I do, I'll listen. It is also the perfect Tyranitar counter.

Primordial the Volcarona (M) @Life Orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
    -Bug Buzz
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Giga Drain
    I needed a fire Pokemon and a special sweeper, and with Volcarona's increase in usage and popularity, it came to mind. Although I really want Swarm, I can't use it yet, but the set it has now should be good. It can sweep most Pokemon, even if it isn't super effective against it, especially with Quiver Dance, 2 STAB moves, Giga Drain to regain health otherwise and counter its major rock weakness

Randall the Dragonite (F) @Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Dragon Dance
    -Eartquake
    -Dragon Claw
    Multiscale nearly gives me an 100% chance that it can survive at least 1 turn, enabling me to successfully use DD and then sweep. Dragon Claw for STAB and to counter all Dragons, including possible Ubers in the upcoming Wifi tourney, Extremespeed since that can always come in handy, and Earthquake because I have no other Ground type attacks and feel its necessary to have this move.

Evolker the Skarmory (M) @Custap Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Sp. Def
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird
    A very solid defensive Pokemon that I can always use as a lead if I need and it has flying resistance (which is one of my main weaknesses). Haven't tested this out yet so I'm still open to suggestions, but it does work well with my Espeon, and I can interchange the 2 as my lead, even once the battle starts.

Muzzy the Jellicent (M) @Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Sp. Def
    -Scald
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Recover / Taunt
    -Shadow Ball / Taunt
    Thanks to recommendations, I have changed Milotic to Jellicent. This Pokemon is a very strong Wall, and especially a Special Wall. Facing this Pokemon with my Milotic made me want to kill myself, as there was nothing I could do to defeat it. I was going to use Will-O-Wisp, but figured that if I was using Scald, there was a chance I was burning my opponent anyways, so I chose Toxic, plus, Toxic has 90% accuracy in comparison to Will-O-Wisp having 75% accuracy. Next, I went for STAB with Shadow Ball, so if I need to, I can hit a wider spread of Pokemon successfully than if I was just using Scald. Finally, I went for Recover so I can recover HP (which I can also do from Water Absorb by switching most likely and from Leftovers) while my opponent is perishing from some type of status problem. Finally, I was going to use Taunt and am still considering it, but that is because it was so deadly against me only because Milotic was my last Pokemon against it and without RestTalk, I had to use Scald which gave my opponent HP or Ice Beam which didn't even do enough damage to harm my opponent after Leftovers kicked in, so I realized that Taunt mainly screwed over me in that particular instance, but I am still thinking about using it.

Spoiler:- Weaknesses:

Thanks a lot everyone!
    Here's a final look.
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 26th July 2013 at 5:17 AM.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

Updated weaknesses. Need some type of electric move somewhere.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)

Baton pass>shadowball on espeon because scizor and tyranitar are so popular you'll just get pursuit killed otherwise and you dont have a spinner so you cant afford to lose espeon really early, the other option is calm mind, grass knot or yawn possibly but I wouldnt recommend it :/

Life Orb>focus sash on breloom if you play smartly the life orb boost will win games

skarmory would probably fare better with a custap berry set with the power creep and the amount of rain teams everywhere rocky helmet isnt going to be as useful and with a custap berry your guaranteed two turns of set up

Milotic is subpar at best its coverage is terrible and again with the power creep and its low speed it'll always be 2HKO'd in most situations and you wont be able to get the rest off and if its a wall that you want there is no better than eviolite chansey or if your looking for a generic special wall blissey, heatran or jellicent are all good.
    White 2 FC: 0820 3759 9704
    FlawlessEvents: Movie14dw(HPice)AbramGAMESTPDW(HPice)SMR2012SPR2013

CHECK OUT MY SHOP-----> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Trade-thread

I am one of the elite four at the wifi league, check it out if you want to become a leader or get some badges
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...82-WiFi-League
    Badges I've won:

I'll try out Baton Pass
    I used Life Orb originally, but then realized I already had Life Orb, so I'll use Life Orb on Breloom if you have other ideas for an item on Volcarona.
    Item changed to Custap Berry for Skarmory.
    Not going to try Heatran because I don't like using legendaries plus its really annoying to try to get the right natures and everything for them. Are there any sets you can recommend for Chansey, Blissey, and Jellicent? I've seen all 3 used so I know they are all good sets, with Blissey and Jellicent being used on the same time and annoying me to the extremes, so I'm very open to trying those 2.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)

because I don't like using legendaries
    Hate to break it to you but there's no valid reason for this. Refusing to use Legendaries is just hindering you, plain and simple. Granted, for this team I'd suggest Jellicent. But still, that isn't a mentality you want to have in competitive Pokemon ever.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Ok, so would there be any spots for legendaries here? And I'm going for Jellicent now because I remember I played a team that ran Jellicent and Milotic was my last Pokemon and there was nothing I could do because of Taunt and Water Absorb.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)

This team looks just fine as it is, not every team uses a Legendary (the beauty of the tier system, they aren't any more powerful than their tiermates). I like it, you've clearly put quite a bit of thought into it and it seems to work pretty well.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

Yay thanks a lot loco! Is there anything you recommend for countering Water though? That's still my big weakness.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)

I don't really see a Water weakness though, Breloom resists, Jellicent is immune and Dragonite resists. Breloom destroys with Bullet Seed. Only Volcarona is weak to water and after a QD or 2 or 3 if you can manage it no Water-type's gonna stop it anyway.

Ok, great! Also changing Toxic to Will-O-Wisp for Jellicent.
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 26th July 2013 at 5:17 AM.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)