Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ☯ The Touhou Club ☯

Default ☯ The Touhou Club ☯

Welcome one, welcome all to the Touhou club! Here we shall talk about the wonderful inhabitants of Gensokyo, and everything pertaining to them. What is Touhou you ask? It’s a series of vertical danmaku shooters involving moe anime girls with powers that will destroy the world if unleashed. The series has also spanned to four fighting games, and two photography games with other spin offs. It has also gotten a lot of fan works, probably some of the most to date with all the fanimes, doujinshi, fan games, and so much more. Sadly, this includes a huge amount of NSFW things, and no we’re not allowed to talk about those. So anyways, welcome to the club!

Rules
    1. Follow all club and SPPf rules. If not you’ll have a lovely visit to the SDM Basement .
    2. Please be kind to others, don’t be like Parsee or Troll!Yuuka.
    3. Do not post any fanart links to Danbooru or any other NSFW sites, the Gap Hag will give you a nice little visit if you do.
    4. Please be a good opponent in PoFV, UNL, and HM matches. Good sportsmanship is always key.
    5. Keep the shipping wars out of here. We’re all together for Touhou in general, not to see that MariAli or MariPatch is better!
    6. Most importantly, have fun. That’s always the most important thing to do!

What we do here
    1. Talk about the games themselves. You just pacified Flandre? Perfect, go on and tell us. You’re excited for DDC and want to speculate? Go right on ahead! You like Yuugi’s theme? Go on and tell us.
    2. Talk about Fan Works. You found this awesome remix by TAM? Sure, go on ahead and give us a link. You just finished a particular doujinshi and want to talk about it? Sure, make a post about that. Found a Shiny in Touhoumon? Scream with joy and show it here.
    3. Have tournaments. We’ll be having tournaments for PoFV, HM, and UNL here. I’ll be sure to let everyone in the club know when we start a Tournament and how you can sign-up. Though, Hamachi is required.
    4. As usual, talk about characters and speculate. I mean, we all like and dislike characters, but that doesn’t mean we can’t talk about why we like/dislike them. Remember to try and not bash characters, since that’s sort of hard to do.
    5. Talk about other official works. Still waiting for WaHH’s next chapter? Listening to one of ZUN’s Ghostly Field Club albums? Wanting to talk about PC-98’s canon? Sure, go on ahead and tell us.

Also, please don’t ask where to get the games. Thank you.

Signing Up: It's really simple, just fill out this form and you're good to go.

Code:
     Username:
    Why you want to join:
    Favorite Character:
    It’s that simple. Now I wish everyone a good journey through Gensokyo! Also, Kogasa is behind you.

Spoiler:- Members:

*Credit to FairyWitch for the banner
    Last edited by Lost™; 21st August 2013 at 12:32 AM.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Username: Suika Ibuki (Tokiiko)
    Why you want to join: touhou is my life
    Favorite Character: tokiko

Quote Originally Posted by Suika Ibuki View Post
    Username: Suika Ibuki (Tokiiko)
    Why you want to join: touhou is my life
    Favorite Character: tokiko
    Hey, Welcome to the club Tokiiko! I ghoep you enjoy your stay here in Gensokyo. Anyways a series of few questions for everyone to answer.

What was your first touhou game?

What was your favorite touhou game? Why so?

Why do you like your favorite character?

Tumblr

-What was your first touhou game?

Perfect Cherry blossom

-What was your favorite touhou game? Why so?

oh god i cant choose an absolute favorite, i like them all. although i do prefer the shooters to the fighting games.

-Why do you like your favorite character?

i really like her design, and the fact that she's not very popular kinda makes me feel like she's all to myself
    (i know thats not true put the axe down)

Username: EzzPeon
    Why you want to join: A day without touhou is a day wasted. And I've been waiting for this club. >:)
    Favorite Character: Marisa!

東方紅魔郷 ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

I won't ever be able to decide on that. D: Might be IN or UFO... I like all games.

Back when I first downloaded EoSD I didn't really know anything about touhou characters, so the first I actually knew the name of was Marisa. I usually play as her ever since. I like how she's just a human and works hard for her powers unlike other characters who are born with it, I suppose. And master spark!! ☆

I also like Chen, Aya, Minamitsu and Kogasa a lot. And both Komeiji's. Nue.. - I'll stop now. There aren't any characters I truly don't like. :')
    Last edited by EzzPeon; 30th July 2013 at 3:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EzzPeon View Post
    Username: EzzPeon
    Why you want to join: A day without touhou is a day wasted. And I've been waiting for this club. >:)
    Favorite Character: Marisa!
    Yaaay Ezz! Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Well, I'm answering my own question.

FIrst game?

Perfect Cherry Blossom

Favorite game?
    Perfect Cherry Blossom, hands down. I love the cast of characters (CHen, Youmu, ALice, Yuyuko, do I need to go on?), the setting, and playable Sakuya.

Favorite Character?
    Chen, definitely Chen. I don't know, but I guess it was actually the CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN meme that started my liking to her. Though I guess my love of cats also pushed it. Besides she was a hard boss when I first started playing, and over all she's just a fun character in my eyes.

Tumblr

*falls over in surprise* Wow. There's actually a TOUHOU club here at Serebii?! I thought the franchise was so little-known outside of Japan, and... Well, I'm in, provided you'll let me in.

Username: Kiruria (obviously; I always wonder why this is a field in the club signup forms)
    Why you want to join: I've become more and more interested in the Touhou universe ever since I first heard of it. What first got me was the music and the characters (especially the former). The whole idea is just really interesting to me.
    Favourite Character: Also Marisa, ze! She's also one of my favourite video game characters overall. I am really fond of witches, and Marisa just puts a really unique spin on the whole idea. I really like her personality as well.
    ^^ A close second would be Eirin, also known as like the coolest pharmacist ever. In an upcoming anime convention I might even cosplay as her.

Of course, the odd thing is that I've never actually played any of the Touhou games. I've just been really interested in the concept, characters, music, etc. (Bullet hell games in general have always intimidated me.) So I won't be participating in any tournaments anytime soon.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    *falls over in surprise* Wow. There's actually a TOUHOU club here at Serebii?! I thought the franchise was so little-known outside of Japan, and... Well, I'm in, provided you'll let me in.

Username: Kiruria (obviously; I always wonder why this is a field in the club signup forms)
    Why you want to join: I've become more and more interested in the Touhou universe ever since I first heard of it. What first got me was the music and the characters (especially the former). The whole idea is just really interesting to me.
    Favourite Character: Also Marisa, ze! She's also one of my favourite video game characters overall. I am really fond of witches, and Marisa just puts a really unique spin on the whole idea. I really like her personality as well.
    ^^ A close second would be Eirin, also known as like the coolest pharmacist ever. In an upcoming anime convention I might even cosplay as her.

Of course, the odd thing is that I've never actually played any of the Touhou games. I've just been really interested in the concept, characters, music, etc. (Bullet hell games in general have always intimidated me.) So I won't be participating in any tournaments anytime soon.
    OMG thank you for the revival!!!

Of course you can join, and anyone else you can drag here as well~ Accepted into the club!

The shooters are really intimidating at first, so you could always try the fighters. I have been playing a lot of 12.3 as of late.

So, what does everyone think of DDC's release this month?

Tumblr

Hey, thanks for letting me in! As for DDC, I'm kind of impartial to it as I've never played any of the games in the first place. I like your suggestion of perhaps starting with one of the fighters; I'm not too much into fighting games myself (besides Super Smash Bros), but I might give it a try. I was thinking of starting with one of the fan spinoff games like Touhoumon and Touhou Mother, but that would just be an awkward introduction.

Eh, I'll probably start with the traditional shooters, just as a way of getting used to the genre as a whole. I was thinking of starting with either Mountain of Faith, Imperishable Night, or Unidentified Fantastic Object, simply because I liked the premise of all three of those games as well as the characters and music. Any suggestions on which of the three (or one of the other games) would be best to start with? So far I'm leaning more towards IN because Eirin is there, but I'm open.

Another thing I might mention is that a few months ago, I made a series of Youtube videos showcasing my top 20 favourite Touhou songs. It was the game music that first attracted me to Touhou, after all.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 6th August 2013 at 6:37 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Ooh! I'm going to go check that out to see if I agree/disagree with you XD. I agree it was originally the awesome music.

Anyways, go with MoF, it's really the easiest and Marisa-B is bugged so... IN is alright but once you hit Keine it starts getting hard, and UFO is basically Suicide for a new player (Well, this is assuming you're starting off with Normal). My first game was PCB, which I say is really great for beginners and I have a lot of bias for it. Hopeless Masquerade has a really easy learning curve (unless you main Koishi >_>), so I suggest that as a good first fighter. Touhoumon is also really fun as well, I suggest you play Puppet Play 1.8, it's the best experience.

Tumblr

Must join 0_0

Username: Azure SolarFlyte™
    Why you want to join: Touhou is epic. Especially the music.
    Favorite Character: Uh...Right now it's probably Fujiwara no Mokou, though Nitori and Youmu are close seconds (and second point five). Maybe Ran's third. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    Must join 0_0

Username: Azure SolarFlyte™
    Why you want to join: Touhou is epic. Especially the music.
    Favorite Character: Uh...Right now it's probably Fujiwara no Mokou, though Nitori and Youmu are close seconds (and second point five). Maybe Ran's third. I don't know.
    Welcome to the club Ram/Frost/Whatever! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

>Irony, 4 girls and 1 guy .-.

Tumblr

Lost, I prefer Frost out of the two(/three) choices...Just saying.

And first, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria
    Except just that I had a kinda bad experience with bullet hell in past times. So the answers below will be about those I've seen, if that's alright.

EoSD (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)

Perfect Cherry Blossom or Imperishable Night. Because the spell cards are really pretty (well, all spell cards are pretty, but I just really like these two). Plus, Youmu and Mokou!

For some reason, the majority of the characters I like all have long hair (and this applies to pretty much anything). And the fire manipulation.
    As for the other two (Nitori & Youmu)...Nitori was the first Touhou character I ever knew, even before Reimu or Marisa. At the time, I had a slight interest in kappas, and when Google showed a result that with a description like "a shy genius kappa engineer", I clicked out of interest, and tada, I was introduced to Nitori (and Touhou, indirectly).

Youmu was a character I found while looking around the "newfound subject" that is Touhou. All that I really needed to read was "a half-phantom gardener with excellent swordsmanship" and see the Phantom for me to like her.

So, what does everyone think of DDC's release this month?
    Not much to say yet, but the first three stages look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
    >Irony, 4 girls and 1 guy .-.
    Just gonna ignore that. ;|

Well then guys, Double Dealing Character has been released! Got the game and it's really, really fun but easy. The first three stages are really easy, even if Sekibanki usually saps half of my health o-o. I like that we got alternating bosses for stage four, depending if we're corrupted or not. The stage 4 boss theme is really pretty, and I like the Tsukumo sisters. Stage five is really ack- *cluster f-bomb* just because of bullets are coming from the bottom of the screen this time instead of the top, not to mention the boss literally is switching the screen in her spell cards. I haven't reached stage six yet, but the final boss is a dwarf o-o. Since I think DDC is based off of a rebellion of lesser known Youkai, I think she's actually our weakest stage 6 boss yet. (I mean, considering the last four were a god, a hell raven with nuclear fission, BYAKUREN, and one of the former leaders of japan... Not to mention Yuyuko, Remilia, Eirin/Kaguya, YUUKA, Shinki, Eiki, Mima....) Yeah, actually without whatever her magic item is, I think she's roughly around a stage two bosses power? Though, the Extra Boss. Just... Wow... In terms of overall power and design, she's meh, but her looks. That suit. Seriously...

Also, I'm thinking of doing a PoFV tournament soon, once we get more people. Anyone interested?

Tumblr

Username: WhatANosebone God, I hate my username
    Why you want to join: Partially to be in a community, partially because I want to know what it's like to play PoFV without having to pray to the RNG gods
    Favorite Character: If I was forced to choose, it would have to be Youmu. Nitori is a close second.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

Quote Originally Posted by WhatANoseBone View Post
    Username: WhatANosebone God, I hate my username
    Why you want to join: Partially to be in a community, partially because I want to know what it's like to play PoFV without having to pray to the RNG gods
    Favorite Character: If I was forced to choose, it would have to be Youmu. Nitori is a close second.
    Welcome to the Club BL! Hope you enjoy your stay~

Tumblr

As usual with me I'm never at home when a new game gets released - when I came back home yesterday the first thing I did was complete DDC so I wouldn't get spoiled going online. XD And as I didn't know what was coming, stage 5 pretty much killed me. Dodging bullets from the bottom of the screen.. I avoid that as much as possible normally. Ever since LLS stage 4 when it would say 'danger' on the bottom of the screen and throw orbs at you.. I loved stage 5 the most though, as well as the BG music there. The second time I did get to stage 6, at least. And lol'd at the mega sprites. XD

Haven't played the extra stage but I guess I'll just watch a playthrough sometime since I probably won't get that far anyways. The OST sounds pretty cool though.

It was more fun than I expected to have playing, definitely not a disappointment! The only bad thing about it is that my laptop slows down incredibly from Sekibanki's spellcards and onwards 'cause it can't handle the amount of bullets onscreen. So now I have to sneakily steal my dad's laptop (Marisa-style!) to play it again..

(Edit: I had a little too much fun making my signature.. :p)
    Last edited by EzzPeon; 19th August 2013 at 6:04 PM.

Ahh, I'm like so happy this club was made! ~ I just logged on for the first time in literally 6 months and saw this, wow this is like the best. Anyway. ~

Why you want to join: Love. Touhou.
    Favorite Character: Rin Kaenbyou from 11.
    What was your first touhou game?: Subterranean Animism
    What was your favorite touhou game? Why so?: Either Sub An or Lotus Land Story, both for the music! Also, I've played both so much that the interfaces have become very familiar.
    Why do you like your favorite character?: Her level and personality are somewhat hilarious!

So, still haven't played DDC but I'm going to very soon! Dunno what exactly I've been waiting for haha. I've been so excited about all of the recent doujin music circle releases at Comiket I've sort of overlooked playing!

Also, question about tournaments. How exactly do they go down..? Do we just exchange scores or is there a way to sync up our screens? Or an online application? I'm curious. ;o

@Ezz

OMG Seija was so hard o-o I swear she was even harder than the stage six boss, just because of flipped controls to me is a lot harder than larger hit box.

@Atari

OMG Accepted! Welcome to the club. For tours we'll use Hamatchi, and try to link together with the match maker settings in the games.
    Last edited by Lost™; 19th August 2013 at 8:41 PM.

Tumblr

I didn't have so much trouble with Seija as I did with Benben. Yatsuhashi is a bit easier, but I usually have to bombspam past both of them.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

@Lost

Surprisingly I figured Seija out quickly, but during stage six I keep making stupid mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    So, still haven't played DDC but I'm going to very soon! Dunno what exactly I've been waiting for haha. I've been so excited about all of the recent doujin music circle releases at Comiket I've sort of overlooked playing!
    I can relate to that, usually the same with me! I don't have a lot of free time but I want to listen to the new albums too.. There's also still some Reitaisai 10 albums I planned on checking out back then but haven't listened to yet. x___x

Does anyone like the circle Buta-Otome /豚乙女 by any chance? *fingers crossed*

Username: probably epouvantail, cant remember
    Why you want to join: it just makes sense
    Favorite Character: satori

ace is a fuccboi

Quote Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
    @Atari

OMG Accepted! Welcome to the club. For tours we'll use Hamatchi, and try to link together with the match maker settings in the games.
    Oh okay. We should try get one started soon! ^ _^

Just started playing DDC, so far I'm really impressed! Holy shit, Sekibanki's flying head. xDD And Imaizumi's theme reminds me of Nuclear Fusion from TH11!

Quote Originally Posted by EzzPeon View Post
    I can relate to that, usually the same with me! I don't have a lot of free time but I want to listen to the new albums too.. There's also still some Reitaisai 10 albums I planned on checking out back then but haven't listened to yet. x___x

Does anyone like the circle Buta-Otome /豚乙女 by any chance? *fingers crossed*
    Yeah, I actually have a ton of albums on my HDD that I still haven't gotten around to yet haha.

And. YES. 豚乙女. PIG-GIRL. I actually just started listening to them with their recent Billiards release and I really like them! =)
    Last edited by Atari; 20th August 2013 at 12:51 AM.

Ahaha, a Satori lover, eh? I really like Satori too myself, given my general interest in psychic powers overall. I especially like what they did with her background and how ominous they made mind-reading out to be. Of course, in the normally light-hearted (mostly) world of Gensokyo, such a thing as the violation of your privacy in her very presence would be frightening indeed. Plus, her battle theme in SA is awesome.

Huh, that reminds me, Subterranean Animism was another game I was really interested in, given my interest in dark spiritual stuff. That might be another one I try, probably right after Mountain of Faith.

Just wondering, has anyone here played one of the fan-made games? Even though there's like a million of them I've actually never tried one haha. Hoping someone may be able to shoot me over a recommendation!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast