Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Default Team Magma or Team Aqua?

So i recently had a discussion with some friends about which antagonist faction they enjoyed more when playing RSE and i want to see what team you guys prefer and why you like them. I find this an interesting discussion because everybody seems to have different reasoning such as preferred legendary,people liked when leader over another,etc.
    So after 1134 magikarps hatched finally got a shiny magikarp!

Now to start working on getting a shiny swablu!

I choose Aqua for a couple reasons:

Much more exciting to go under water than in a volcano
    Their outfits are much cooler
    More of a challenge, especially since i pick Torchic most of the time
    WARP PANELS!!! Gotta love 'em!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    I choose Aqua for a couple reasons:

Much more exciting to go under water than in a volcano
    Their outfits are much cooler
    More of a challenge, especially since i pick Torchic most of the time
    WARP PANELS!!! Gotta love 'em!
    Yeah thats fair enough i definitely agree with aqua having cooler costumes than magma. I personally hate magma's little hood thing because it looks like a crappy Halloween costume of groudon

Lore wise, Aqua. Everything in this region was basically water anyway. Plus constant rain IMO is more dangerous than constant sun.

I liked the pirate aspect of Aqua too, however Maxie looks more boss than Archie. Archie looks like a thug whilst Maxie has the class to be a natural leader.

Would go with Aqua overall though.
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Millky View Post
    Lore wise, Aqua. Everything in this region was basically water anyway. Plus constant rain IMO is more dangerous than constant sun.

I liked the pirate aspect of Aqua too, however Maxie looks more boss than Archie. Archie looks like a thug whilst Maxie has the class to be a natural leader.

Would go with Aqua overall though.
    Yeah i think Maxie is cooler in comparison to Archie,but thats only because he is a ginger like me :3

Team Aqua. Kyogre is one awesome legendary.

Team Aqua.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Team Aqua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram74 View Post
    Team Aqua. Kyogre is one awesome legendary.
    Yeah i definitely enjoy water types more than anything else(squirtle was my starter back in blue) so for a while kyogre was my more preferred legendary of the duo but i have found more appreciation for groudon so the two are about equal for me now.

Team Magma for me, probably because I played Ruby before Saphire, and the game is really nostalgic for me.

But I prefer team Magma's costumes to Aqua's actually, and I always thought the Magma grunts looked meaner, while the Aqua costumes reminded me of Captain Hook's sidekick Mr. Smee in Peter Pan.... I always thought they looked silly haha

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert is my Homeboy View Post
    Team Magma for me, probably because I played Ruby before Saphire, and the game is really nostalgic for me.

But I prefer team Magma's costumes to Aqua's actually, and I always thought the Magma grunts looked meaner, while the Aqua costumes reminded me of Captain Hook's sidekick Mr. Smee in Peter Pan.... I always thought they looked silly haha
    I do agree with the smee bit but at the same time i can't take the grunts seriously on either side,the hoods on magma look down right silly for me. Personally when it comes to leaders i enjoy Maxie 10x more though.

I personally prefer teal aqua. For many reasons. So I will list them in order from when I first think of hem to when I last think of them.
    1 I like their goals better. They just want a bigger place or water pokemon
    2 Look cooler
    3 Better people in general. Ex. They go to a museum and they don't break anything. And one guy even gives you an item. (Plus most of them paid to get in.
    4 their base is awesome (and you don't get swarmed with golbats and graveler)
    5 After you beat their base they don't try to blow it up that would kill a ton of people in the prosses.
    6 I just like them better
    7 many more reasons (just cat think of them off top of head)

You should put up a poll and see what people vote.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Team Magma is way better than those sea expanding losers that call themselves Team Aqua
    Maxie is great go gingers I am prejudiced cause i am one
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jab7zl.png[/IMG]
    HAIL GIOVANNI
    Do you like battling. Try anime style battling get started here
    credit to equal to heaven for the clock
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33mv70g.gif[/IMG]

I preferred Team Aqua because their goal seemed less selfish; they wanted to expand the oceans which would have benefited Pokemon more than humans, which I thought was refreshing. I also loved their uniforms; the Team Aqua grunts looked like chic pirates. I loved it.

Team Aquas uniforms were so cool and liked there plan of expanding the sea too, also I liked how you had to use dive to follow them to the underwater caven

I prefer Team Aqua because they seem less harsh and selfish based on their in-game dialogue. Overall they actually seem like nice people as far as gang members go. I also like their leader better as well as their hideout and outfits. The pirate look Team Aqua has is pretty cool, unlike Team Magma's outfits that look like silly Halloween costumes.

Although if Aqua and Magma were crime syndicates in real life I think I would have to choose Team Magma. Although that is simply because of their goal, not because I like anything about them. Team Aqua wants to cover more of the world with water, even though the majority of it is already covered in water and many places are over populated. The world could do a lot better with some more land mass, so Team Magma has the right idea.

As a side note, I think Emerald is a great game with its added features, but in Emerald both crime syndicates are your enemy and you have to bring balance to them. That's cool and all, but I prefer playing Ruby or Sapphire where you get to take sides and sort of team up with one of them. My main game is Ruby of course since you get to side with Team Aqua.
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Team Magma, partially for nostalgic reasons, but mostly for other reasons. Their outfits and overworld sprites are just sooooo much cooler, they have a more reasonable aim than Team Aqua. And Groudon's a heck of a lot cooler than Kyogre– even with a type disadvantage.

What I've found out from this, is its just based on opinions, some think each is better, looks better, more awesome. So lets say thy are both good. Go team aqua!
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

I prefer to Team Magma mostly because of their cool outfits and I liked Groudon better than Kyogre. I actually have a magma cosplay that i use for cons so that pretty much shows who i like

Both were noobs, but Aqua>Magma.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Team Aqua, hands down.

| Trainer Level 3 | C+ Grade Referee |

Always available to RF matches.

Machamp, I claim you!

I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I have claimed Shadow's Theme from FFVI.

Magam, I loved their uniform, and their goal made more sense than Aqua's.

I don't like either team over the other. I thought both of their goals for changing the world were quite silly, and I don't like either legendary over the other one. I guess I enjoyed the situation the most in Emerald when you had to face both teams instead of only one while having the other on your side.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 12th August 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Team Aqua is my favourite of the two.

I don't favour one team's main goal over that of the other team, so my preference for Aqua is simply due to the fact that I like their Pokemon and outfits more. Aqua is associated with Water Pokemon, my favourite type. I like Aqua's outfits because I love the colour blue and I like the pirate-like design.

something about team aqua makes me angry, idk they dont seem very smart (neither are team magma but aqua are a bit more... eh)

so i'll go with magma, mainly because their outfits seems cool to me

Team aqua, they are amazing and have teleport tiles!
    01010110 01001101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110111 01101000

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast