Thread: Replacement for Poochyena

Default Replacement for Poochyena

So i began a new play through of ruby and i just got into slateport city and i want to replace my lv.13 poochyena,when i get the chance i want put a swablu in his place but im wondering if anybody has some other suggestions for replacements. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    My other team members are
    Zubat lv 13
    Ralts lv13
    Treecko lv13
    Whismur lv 14
    shroomish lv 14
    So after 1134 magikarps hatched finally got a shiny magikarp!

Now to start working on getting a shiny swablu!

Default reply~

Quote Originally Posted by MrPardus View Post
    So i began a new play through of ruby and i just got into slateport city and i want to replace my lv.13 poochyena,when i get the chance i want put a swablu in his place but im wondering if anybody has some other suggestions for replacements. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    My other team members are
    Zubat lv 13
    Ralts lv13
    Treecko lv13
    Whismur lv 14
    shroomish lv 14
    i would suggest you only take one pokemon of one type
    you may also want to take off shroomish
    maybe take a dual type pokemon
    numel elec/ground
    winggull water/flying

I also recommend taking one Pokémon of one type (expect for dual types - I have Nidorino (upcoming Nidoking) and Gengar in my SoulSilver team and both are poison type but work very differently). So I think you should replace either Treecko or Shroomish as you move forward. Though Shroomish evolves into Fighting/Grass -type which might be rather useful later on.

Swablu is a nice choice since it evolves rather early to a dual Flying/Dragon -type and, well, it's one of my fav Pokémon so I recommend keeping it if you need that typing. What comes to Poochyena, I recommend switching it with Absol when you find it later on in the game. It's a really solid Pokémon and Dark type as Poochyena. Electric and Fire types in your team wouldn't hurt either so at this point, try to get Electrice and Numel (there are better Fire types later on but Numel also provides Ground and Rock type attacks). And I also recommend some water type but you get those easier after you get a rod. My recommendation is Staryu (later Starmie, which is one of the best Pokémon in the game) but there's tons of good water types in the game so pick whatever you like.

I would say do not dump shroomish, if you don't want two grass types dump Treecko, also if you don't mind don't evolve it until level 54 when it learns spore. I can see your team being weak to magnemite/magneton as well as other steel types, and shroomish's evo, breloom should handle them fine.
    Looking at your team it is very weak to ice, and one of the elite four specializes in ice. I recommend you get a tentacool as it has very good special defense to take ice type attacks, zubat+shroomish+treeck to take an earthquake, and the latter can take t bolt.

Ya need a water Pokčmon. Like Wingull. And this question would get better results in the correct section.