Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery on a Deserted Island! (796)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    I was talking about the actual ending. Those Eeve girls replacing the old characters holding hands xD
    Haha oh lol that just the ending I hate it but I have to live with it, what I meant was TR :P but I guess the hate and have to live with it also applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    If you count this as a 'major' appearance, then you should also count that Ninetales that had an episode solely focused about it, it's 'Kyuubi'ness, and the story was related to being ditched by its former owner, some hundred years ago. It was a Brock episode, so I don't think people care to remember, but Ninetales had a focus episode. Who the f is Zane?

What's wrong with this fanbase? It's a wild Ninetales, it spammed Flamethrower and Hidden Power, and suddenly the majority here is all ecstatic because Charizard has won a battle. I repeat, WILD NINETALES. Pignite beat a wild Shiftry, and Snivy beat a wild Mismagius - And you don't see me jumping for joy. It's a wild Ninetales, get real people (read Eevee-Silveon, Lucario at Service, Royal Qeca, Lucas MV, Charizard-Fan, though I guess the latter can be excused). Charizard has still done zero of note in his cameo appearance. Twenty episodes already, and NOTHING to show for.

I Just can't believe how desperate people are grasping for straws here.. "Charizard really owned that Ninetales".. If that Ninetales was a trained pokemon, then yeah, sure, finally something we can attribute to Charizard, but really all it has done in its return is an unfinished battle against Iris' Dragonite. Stop overtly glorifying something that's barely a feat.

SNIVY REALLY OWNED THAT MISMAGIUS, FINALLY A WIN FOR SNIVY! SNIVY SNIVY SNIVY!!! <- See how ridiculous this looks? "Charizard avoided all attacks" - Not true, and who cares.. Charizard fell into a volcano once and didn't get hurt.. I doubt a Flamethrower by a wild Ninetales was going to do anything regardless.
    Sorry if my post annoyed you, but you don't need to get so mad for people being happy for Charizard winning something. I know wild Ninetales is not that huge victory, but it's still better than nothing. I thought Charizard might not get any win at all in BW, so I'm really glad it did get one, even if it wasn't that big. Also, there are some strong wild Pokemon.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Locormus, given the fact that we had some people who spent the week making a big deal out of Charizard getting hurt in the preview, and leading to some others wanting Charizard to get beaten by this wild Ninetales (for odd reasons) , You can not blame people's reactions for the outcome of that particular fight because it was brought up so much on all accounts.

We didn't know who was going to battle the rest of the pokemon so yeah while it kicks butt to see the others step up, it still wasn't as hyped as the fight between Charizard and Ninetales was.

Ninetales getting knocked away by Dragon Tail, kinda had a feeling Charizard would do that.

Edit: wait a sec, have the Shiny and Dawn Stones been shown in the anime up till now? Gotta admit they look pretty cool.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 25th July 2013 at 2:02 PM.

Okay-ish episode. I still don't know why we couldn't have had a Pikachu and Thudnerstone close call moment or Cilan getting a Leaf Stone for future use.

Random : PokéRadar

By the way, is this a Swanna or a real swan?

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/796/DP41.jpg

Going off the pics it looks like one of the better DA! episodes. But soooo much hidden power!!! They really need to stop using that move for a while in the anime. Next weeks looks good too. Alexa your turning things around lol.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Going off the pics it looks like one of the better DA! episodes. But soooo much hidden power!!! They really need to stop using that move for a while in the anime. Next weeks looks good too. Alexa your turning things around lol.
    They just need to change the pokemon and use Hidden power stock footage thats why its used all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    By the way, is this a Swanna or a real swan?

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/796/DP41.jpg
    It's Swanna. It has that fluff of plumage around its ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Wow Ninetales was completely destroyed by Charizard. Nice battle.
    Oh thank goodness Charizard didn't lose, He totally owned that Ninetails with Slash and Dragon tail It made me happy to see him getting a win after so long.
    It sucks that Ash and co. didn't got any evolution stone at the end, but Charizard's winning made up for it.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 25th July 2013 at 4:31 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Great episode and I'm happy Charizard won.

Decent episode. Charizard pwned a wild Ninetales. Well I guess that's alright, it's not like it was a grand accomplishment but anything is better then nothing.

All the old pokemon were nice...I like honchkrow...too bad he didn't get to battle...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I wonder if the golden swanna in TR's fantasy is a nod to the "Golden Goose" if anyone even knows what i'm getting at.

Still, I think it's awesome we finally got to see the Shiny and Dawn stones in the anime, we've never seen them before.

Wait the treasure was just some fancy rocks? I at least expected piles of gold.

One positive thing about this episode, it had good animation
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

You know that the fandom is starved for a good battle when a maybe 30 second battle is the highlight of an episode.

When was the last time Ninetales made a major appearance?
    Just Waiting for a Friend in Johto.

I still don't know why we couldn't have had a Pikachu and Thudnerstone close call moment or Cilan getting a Leaf Stone for future use.
    They already did the former in Best Wishes.

I guess the latter not happening closes the door on Pansage evolving before the end of Unova.

I loved the episode. It was so cute with the Eevee and how they evolved at the ending was so cool. Ninetales looked so majestic and elegant, it was amazing. Might just use one if it's in the Kalos dex. I was a little disappointed that there weren't that many Pokemon that evolved from stones in this episodes, only the ones that were owned by that pirate guy appeared. Anyways, I give it an 85 out of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    You know that the fandom is starved for a good battle when a maybe 30 second battle is the highlight of an episode.
    Sounds about right.

I'll scope out the good and say that I liked seeing Pokemon that we normally don't see often. Ninetales and Shiftry of course, but Honchkrow and Mismagius too despite being introduced last gen.

And I'll take whatever battling we can get at this point, a sad acceptance. I'm really not fond of the starters appearing when Boldore and Palpitoad could have replaced Pignite and Oshawott, but you gotta milk the merch during the funeral march. Props for Snivy though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

What's wrong with this fanbase? It's a wild Ninetales, it spammed Flamethrower and Hidden Power, and suddenly the majority here is all ecstatic because Charizard has won a battle. I repeat, WILD NINETALES. Pignite beat a wild Shiftry, and Snivy beat a wild Mismagius - And you don't see me jumping for joy. It's a wild Ninetales, get real people (read Eevee-Silveon, Lucario at Service, Royal Qeca, Lucas MV, Charizard-Fan, though I guess the latter can be excused). Charizard has still done zero of note in his cameo appearance. Twenty episodes already, and NOTHING to show for.
    I agree. It was a wild Pokemon so it doesn't really count for much. My previous comments about "glorification" seem oddly relevant now though.

Anyway, this episode was a complete waste of time imo. Nothing happened to progress the plot and even the "cute" and "funny" moments felt tiresome and unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Oh and the constant Eevee marketing was ridiculous imo. Yeah we get it, that evolutionary line is super popular at the moment but do we have to see them in the anime all the time? Really. Also that pentagram on the mountain will almost definitely get edited in the English dub; that place seriously looked like a wiccan ritual ground or something.

Yea, this was pretty much just a marketing episode. Not much happened.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Wait the treasure was just some fancy rocks? I at least expected piles of gold.
    Evolution stones are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yea, this was pretty much just a marketing episode. Not much happened.
    Not really actually I though it was going to be bascily because of the Eevees but the Eevees didnt really get much focus, they got saved. just traveled with the kids, ddin't have many I'm cute and marketable moments and then at the end evolved, it was an adventure episode with some battles.

@Locormus/Charmed: What the hell is wrong with people being happy? Good lord.

Good episode, short battles but at least Ash used most of his on hand Pokes. I liked TR's gag at the end cause it showed them being nice to their Pokemon. Woulda been better if they were about to call out Amoonguss and Frillish though before getting blasted, just to acknowledge that they do have other Pokes lol.

Hidden Power is a standard competitive move for Mismagius and Ninetales so I ain't complaining.:] Standard sets. Optimal plays. Scrubs getting popped. That's what I like to see.:]]
    Last edited by Rohanator; 26th July 2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I agree. It was a wild Pokemon so it doesn't really count for much.

I Just can't believe how desperate people are grasping for straws here.. "Charizard really owned that Ninetales".. If that Ninetales was a trained pokemon, then yeah, sure, finally something we can attribute to Charizard, but really all it has done in its return is an unfinished battle against Iris' Dragonite. Stop overtly glorifying something that's barely a feat.

SNIVY REALLY OWNED THAT MISMAGIUS, FINALLY A WIN FOR SNIVY! SNIVY SNIVY SNIVY!!! <- See how ridiculous this looks? "Charizard avoided all attacks" - Not true, and who cares.. Charizard fell into a volcano once and didn't get hurt.. I doubt a Flamethrower by a wild Ninetales was going to do anything regardless.
    Ninetales wasn't a wild pokemon. It was the pirate's Vulpix evolved. Probably the pirate died and his Ninetales became a wild Pokemon. But before that it was trained, and most likely stronger than the rest of the pokemon in that island. So it does count for something.

Let people be happy, for f-uck sake.

Question...Did that ninetales know hidden power AND energy ball? the hidden power was obvious but the one right before the one shot at the gang before charizard was called out looked like an energy ball: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2872/9...450bebc8_m.jpg ...it's not in the pictures posted on serebii...but the hidden power that followed it is: http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../796/DP253.jpg
    Last edited by XXD17; 27th July 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Question...Did that ninetales know hidden power AND energy ball? the hidden power was obvious but the one right before the one shot at the gang before charizard was called out looked like an energy ball: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2872/9...450bebc8_m.jpg ...it's not in the pictures posted on serebii...but the hidden power that followed it is: http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../796/DP253.jpg
    I think both were Hidden Power, but I really can't tell atm. I really wish they would change up the animation of Hidden Power, it looks so cheap and pretty much every second Pokémon in this show seems to know it. -.-

....and now, her story begins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast