Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mystery on a Deserted Island! (796)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I think both were Hidden Power, but I really can't tell atm. I really wish they would change up the animation of Hidden Power, it looks so cheap and pretty much every second Pokémon in this show seems to know it. -.-
    Energy ball has a hazy green center and faint rings...hidden power has the sparkles on the inside...you can check leavanny's
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Energy Ball is an explosive move, even if it's x0.25 effective on Charizard, the explosion will hurt it. That's what happened over there. Other than, Charizard took the attack pretty well.

I liked the episode very much. It was pointless, yes, but it was also entertaining to me. Alexa's character was more concrete in this episode than the last one. She seems to be a matured version of Bianca. There are a few hints of ditsy-ness covered up by maturity. And what is up with her and her laptop? Do, the writers like to show her laptop that much?

And TR, god they were really trolling (in a fun way) this episode. When they blasted off for the first time, I thought "Phew, they are gone for this ep" because they blasted off hastily in the last ep too, but they popped out of nowhere in the end and recited their oh so boring motto. Then when I was about to facepalm, Woobat and Deathmas(forgot the english name :x) were shown to be exhausted after all that battling. Yeah that was awkward, even for comedic TR.

I loved the minor Charizard fanservice. He was doing nothing and did something this episode. The Ninetales seems to be a strong one, but Ash and Charizard pulled off a few good moves. Naruto needs a Charizard to stop Kyuubi . I am surprised they didn't over do the "Pokemon are good" mantra and actually attacked the wild Pokemon mercilessly. I mean they did it before, but it still seemed fresh for some reason.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Ninetales wasn't a wild pokemon. It was the pirate's Vulpix evolved. Probably the pirate died and his Ninetales became a wild Pokemon. But before that it was trained, and most likely stronger than the rest of the pokemon in that island. So it does count for something.

Let people be happy, for f-uck sake.
    I agree, and Charizard was dealt with a bit of damage, hence the black/slightly not in 100% best shape appearance Charizard had while fighting. Anyway, I think that Ninetails was powerful. I remember some wild pokemon being really strong, like the one torterra fought in one of those exploratory episodes.

Anyway, it was a decent battle/ filler-esque episode.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

This episode to me stood out as an example of a fun episode in concept that was really hurt by the over-the-top, hyperbolic animation of the battles in Best Wishes. Attack animations are so fast and attacks are so explosive that every battle takes seconds each. It's one thing if it's just beating up Team Rocket, but the Pokemon on the island should've been a lot more difficult to get past instead of just throwing hidden powers around and getting taken out in one hit (even the final battle between Charizard and Nintales, despite three attacks each, was so quick you could barely register it).

I still enjoyed the episode, but I really hope they address this sort of thing in XY.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    This episode to me stood out as an example of a fun episode in concept that was really hurt by the over-the-top, hyperbolic animation of the battles in Best Wishes. Attack animations are so fast and attacks are so explosive that every battle takes seconds each. It's one thing if it's just beating up Team Rocket, but the Pokemon on the island should've been a lot more difficult to get past instead of just throwing hidden powers around and getting taken out in one hit (even the final battle between Charizard and Nintales, despite three attacks each, was so quick you could barely register it).

I still enjoyed the episode, but I really hope they address this sort of thing in XY.
    Omg yes!!! The battles should have been far more intense. Snivy/Dragonite should have hed to deal with dodgy ghosts, Pignite should have had a fight with the Shiftry that would have forced him to use a fire pledge at his last breath before a KO to defeat the group of Shiftry?, or what about Charizard vs. Ninetales? I wish there was more damage dealt maybe.

Sidenote: The anime makes Dragontail really strong for non stab pokemon (Charizard, Serperior).
    Last edited by jrizza88; 5th August 2013 at 3:39 PM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

This is episode was better than i expected and i am really loving Alexa tagging along with the gang, while i enjoyed all of the mini battles i wished Charizard vs Ninetales could have gotten more time since it was really starting to get good, and i am also so excited for the genesect movie and XY sneak peak coming on today.

Fun episode. Really enjoyed this one.

Cilan, your Pansage was this close to becoming Elvis. Don't you remember how you put the poor thing against a sumo Pokémon?

This was a pretty decent episode, but that Charizard VS. Ninetales fight should've been longer... Also, I dislike Ninetales saying its name. It just doesn't sound right.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

The treasures Team Rocket talked about made me think of the games. It was a good episodes.

It was a good episode. It would have been nice if Pansage evolved though.

Interesting episode. It was cool seeing a Ninetales again. The ninetales scene kind of reminded me of the Mystery Dungeon story.
    Last edited by cg19293; 19th October 2013 at 11:15 PM.

This episode was decent from beginning to end. It was nice Seeing Ninetails and the 3 original Eeveeloutions.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Great episode! Seeing the Eeveeutions (the original three) was very nice, and battles were fine, as well, but yeah, Charizard and Ninetails should have been a bit longer. Also nice to see Snivy take part in battle against the Mismagius.

This was an ok episode, though I found it strange that the pirate had treasure in the form of evolution stones yet never had a water pokemon in his gang.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was an ok episode, though I found it strange that the pirate had treasure in the form of evolution stones yet never had a water pokemon in his gang.
    Yea, poliwrath would have fit perfectly in this episode.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Recalling the mineral games was fun, "you can never have enough diamonds and pearls" you said it, that's still the anime's peak right now. Wasn't bad, I like Alexa and Helioptile.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

So the gang went on a treasure hunt today.

I thought it was a good episode. There was a good deal of exploration and we saw lots of different Pokémon. I thought it was great to have the treasure as evolutionary stones and to see the eevee evolve was fantastic. Also, I like how Alexa is mixing in with the gang. It was almost like she had always been there so I think there's a good sign to say she fits in well.

Good episode, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

This was a fun and adventure-themed episode, I enjoyed watching it. It's nice to see Alexa tagging alone with Ash and co. to find the hidden trasure in the deserted island. I liked the part where Team Rocket was talking about Rudy, Sapphire, Diamond and Pearls......it reminded me of the older generation Pokémon games.

The battles were good, but they're too fast. The battles happened too quickly and the attack animations were so fast, so I couldn't enjoy them as much as I enjoyed all of the battles in "The Journalist From Another Region!" The only battle I enjoyed, was the battle between Charizard and that wild Ninetales. I loved how Charizard owned that annoying Ninetales with Dragon Tail, it was great to see him in action again after so long.....But I think It would've been better if the battle was longer. Too bad Ash and co. didn't get any evolution stone at the end, but I think it's for the best.

As for the dub, it was pretty good. Alexa's VA is doing a good job voicing her, I'm really liking her English voice. TPCI didn't kept all of the Japanese music in this episode......I guess they were saving money for licensing all of the Japanese music for the first two episodes of the XY series(which is a good desicion IMO).
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Not a bad episode overall. Glad to see some more Alexa and Helioptile along with Ash and the gang.

What stood out to me the most were:

1) The Eevee and their evolution at then. Just felt right, and got some nice nostalgic feels towards it.

2) Alexa erasing the footage about the Island. It was a shock, but no surprise, since it was well arranged for something along "keeping the Island a secret".

3) Team Rocket noticing Woobat and Yamask weary from their prior battles, and recalled them to their Poke Balls. Also saying to them to get a well rest recovery. Gotta give them credit for showing care to their Pokemon.

4) Charizard VS Ninetales was pretty cool. One of the best brief battles I've seen in this season so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123