Thread: i need help ev and iv training my team

Default i need help ev and iv training my team

hi im new to iv and ev training my pokemon. i have read help guides and all that but i just dont understand it. i have my team picked out i just cant figure out how it works and how the nature comes into play. i could really use help explain it and figuring out what to do with my team.

my team is a charmeleon bold, and ivysuar timid, a wartortle lax, butterfree bold, pikachu bold, and a vulpix serious. im also wondering what is the best time to evole my pikachu and vulpix if i decide to.

My advice would be be to check out some videos on youtube, EV and IV training are becoming more and more popular, so over time more explainations and tuturials should start appearing for beginners, heres one video to help you start off. http://youtu.be/g_D_zBzG5yQ

What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^

It's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. IVs are pre-set stat values for every Pokemon ranging from 1-31. For every stat (defense, sp att, hp, etc) there is a random number generated that is 1-31. These numbers directly correlate with a Pokemon's number stat. So, for example: If charizard had 200 Sp Atk at level 100 and it's Iv in Sp Att was 2, that means its sp att stat could have been potentially 29 higher if it had an Iv of 31.

Now, for EVs. Ev training pretty much only works on Pokemon you personally haven't trained. You can Ev train at any level besides 100 technically, but you'll see why that's not a plausible option in a second. Ev training works like this: every Pokemon gives out effort values when fainted. More on this later

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSoda View Post
    It's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. IVs are pre-set stat values for every Pokemon ranging from 1-31. For every stat (defense, sp att, hp, etc) there is a random number generated that is 1-31. These numbers directly correlate with a Pokemon's number stat. So, for example: If charizard had 200 Sp Atk at level 100 and it's Iv in Sp Att was 2, that means its sp att stat could have been potentially 29 higher if it had an Iv of 31.

Now, for EVs. Ev training pretty much only works on Pokemon you personally haven't trained. You can Ev train at any level besides 100 technically, but you'll see why that's not a plausible option in a second. Ev training works like this: every Pokemon gives out effort values when fainted. More on this later
    IVs range from 0-31