Thread: They should make some more games like this.

Default They should make some more games like this.

I used to play colosseum and my brother used to play xd. So I was thinking. They need to make some more pokemon games like these. Not only could you walk around on a console while having an awesome story line. But you could also do what every pokemon klepto always dreamed about. Stealing other trainers pokemon! Granted they were evilish pokemon who required cleansing. (You steal more pokemon than team rocket and you get treated like a hero.) I still thought this was awesome and they should do this again. I wonder what it would be like in one of their main games like x and y (xd flip it upsidedown xq cut a hole in the q and it becomes xy wow!) feel free to comment and critize this. I enjoy being told that I am a terrible person.
    Last edited by Sethern; 27th July 2013 at 5:05 AM. Reason: Spoilers dost work so I took them off
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Yes! If a third Shadow Pokemon game came out on the Wii U, I would seriously buy a Wii U just for that one game!
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    Yes! If a third Shadow Pokemon game came out on the Wii U, I would seriously buy a Wii U just for that one game!
    Doesn't even have to be shadow pokemon. (Though that would be cool) just also the format. What if you could take any not just shadow. I could see like a betting battling thing. Where you battle someone and loser gives winner the pokemon that they used. That would sure mix up competive battling.

I agree but they should let you be in all regions not just Orre but they were awesome games
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jab7zl.png[/IMG]
    HAIL GIOVANNI
    Do you like battling. Try anime style battling get started here
    credit to equal to heaven for the clock
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33mv70g.gif[/IMG]

I loved these games, It would be amazing if they made another one, even if it it's only vaguely similar to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert is my Homeboy View Post
    I loved these games, It would be amazing if they made another one, even if it it's only vaguely similar to them.
    Absolutely! Besides, anything is better than that awful Battle Revolution they tried to pass out.

But in all seriousness, a new Shadow pokemon plot would be awesome, especially with all the new pokemon coming out.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I can see it now, every third gen they come out with shadow Pokemon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    I can see it now, every third gen they come out with shadow Pokemon games.
    At least that would be something...At the moment though, it looks pretty slim that we'll be getting a third game. Ugh. Such potential wasted....

In all fairness, why don't they make more games like this? Pokemon's always been for kids, but it still has its older fans (the peripheral demographic) who still enjoy pokemon, and would probably buy another game that's intended for older people. Colosseum has shown that it can be darker, and Xd has shown that there's still a lot that can be done with the series, and what better place to test a different style than on a different console?

It's a pity that being on a stationary console hurts its chances. If only the storyline was super good to encourage people to sit down for it, or if battling was quicker and less repetitive (if bosses could snag your pokemon for a battle, it would make the game a lot more unique)

I'm just rambling now, and I apologize. I love colo/xd, and it pains me to see that they've never done more with the side series.
    I don't play pokemon much. You probably have way better pokemon than me. But I've got:
    A Lugia with that knows Psycho Boost
    And a Togepi with Serene Grace, that knows Tri Attack and Ancient Power
    XD

Colosseum came out when I was 10, and it was my very first introduction to the Pokémon video game series. I was hooked on it almost from the moment I laid eyes on it. The game had a ton of hilarious characters and entertaining dialogue, as well as a darker vibe that wouldn't immediately be recognized, to someone I knew, as that of the ever-so-kiddy, ever-so-unlikable Pokémon franchise. It seemed like the only Pokémon game that my classmates, most of whom were already moving into the realms of Halo and Grand Theft Auto, would not be immediately turned off by. (Even though, in the games, 10 is supposed to be the age of the protagonist. Go figure.)

After beating Colo and XD, though, I didn't really have many options. I could playthrough the same story over and over, but the games stood as they were. And they're not really well-known enough to really talk to other people about. I also realize that continuing the series myself, or with friends, in a fully legal way is almost out of the question.

Even if it means waiting until the copyright of the Pokémon franchise itself has expired, I will wait as long as it takes to legally see this side series again. I want to witness new scenarios featuring the fully polygonal characters who are hardly ever mentioned today, once again moving my player character through the neon-lit streets of The Under, through Gateon Port, and up the elevator into the mighty Tower Colosseum...

Colo/XD for life.
    Last edited by W.T.; 20th August 2013 at 5:23 AM.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

May your quirky characters and edgy plot twists
    live forever inside our minds.

Because according to producers
    and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

So about that clip that was shown at the Pokemon Game Show, the background city looks like it can be explored! Honestly, I think this is going to be a Stadium/Battle Revolution type of thing, but that's we thought Colosseum would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch314 View Post
    It's a pity that being on a stationary console hurts its chances. If only the storyline was super good to encourage people to sit down for it, or if battling was quicker and less repetitive (if bosses could snag your pokemon for a battle, it would make the game a lot more unique)
    It would, but that's just asking for trouble.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

I love the Colosseum series. It is absolutely my favorite spin-off game.

It was what got me back into Pokemon when the fad initially died. I rented it from a video game store, and I was suddenly hooked back into Pokemon.

The only thing I would change is make more Pokemon catchable. XD fixed this problem a lot, but I still feel like there could be more Pokemon to be caught, especially since the majority of them were found at the end. Perhaps they can add a Stadium-esque sidequest as well with wi-fi battling and the ability to transfer Pokemon and stuff like that. It can be like most games where there is the story mode, and then all the online stuff as well.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post

The only thing I would change is make more Pokemon catchable. XD fixed this problem a lot, but I still feel like there could be more Pokemon to be caught, especially since the majority of them were found at the end.
    I think a way that would work is you could find and battle wild Pokemon, I'd imagine it would be more like the anime where they only find wild Pokemon every once in a while you'd find one and can capture. Random based on environment.

I love the dark feel of the Shadow Pokémon series, so yes, I would love another Shadow Pokémon game. With the ability to choose which gender you want to play as.

I like the dark aspect of the games also so if they did another one that would be a bonus. I imagine it would be more like the intended Pokemon for more older people who could appreciate it more.

Colosseum and XD were the few pokemon spin-offs that caught my attention and perhaps the only spin offs that I can still say that I love and like to p-lay from time to time. I introduced some people I know to Colosseum and they were hooked. One of them even wants to purchase a gamecube just for the sole purpose of this game. I think it would be nice if they did a 3ds remake of both games, but that's not likely going to happen.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

As underrated as Colosseum was I would make changes to it if I could. Like am I the only one who felt Rui was a bit useless? I wish she could've had pokemon of her own.
    I support shipping diversity because our fanbases would be boring if we all supported the bloody canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko-Gale View Post
    As underrated as Colosseum was I would make changes to it if I could. Like am I the only one who felt Rui was a bit useless? I wish she could've had pokemon of her own.
    I also found her to just get I the way. If she taught Wes to see shadow Pokemon, I wouldn't mind as much, saying you could just ditch her. If se could help in battles, other than seeing shadow Pokemon, I wouldn't mind her as much.

Yes, they should definitely make more games like this.
    Pokemon Colosseum and XD had a good concept of snagging shadow Pokemon and purifying them back to normal.
    The stories for theses two games were just amazing.
    If they ever make another Pokemon game like this, I would definitely buy it.

Of course!! I love the Orrse region, and the stealing was fun X3

X/Y's graphics are actually about the same as XD and Colloseum though!! (just a little worse, but very similar!)
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

I'd love a 3rd game!

It'd be a good chance to give us a rare Pokemon like Celebi, or Darkrai. Colosseum and XD are two of my favourite games to replay. They are just so fun and I'd love to have another one to play!
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

This thread is really going nowhere. If a new game is ever announced, we'll make a topic for it, until then there's really no point in discussing nothing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |