Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #135

Timid Starmie @ Leftovers/Water Gem
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt/Thunder
    - Psychic/Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin/Recover

Works better in rain, obviously. If used in rain, go with Water Gem and Thunder. If not, go with Leftovers and Thunderbolt.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Ah, Starmie. One of only two Pokémon that have been OU since gen 1, the other being Dragonite IIRC. A special move pool comparable to Normal-types, with the exception of Fire attacks and Focus Blast, coupled with 100 Sp. Attack and 115 speed, Bulk is decent, if you're willing to invest in it, with support moves to match (Rapid Spin, Recover, etc.). Starmie is one of several 'Mons that suffers from four move slot syndrome: do you run Trick + three attacks or just four attacks (double STAB + bolt-beam) on a choice set? Do you run Spin, Recover, or just a Psychic attack to go with the other three attacks on a non-choice set? Of course, the not-too-common dual screens set is allowed only two attacks (or one if you opt for, say, Recover). The attacks themselves are a matter of preference (i.e. power vs. accuracy, or in Scald's case, the chance to burn; if you pack a Psychic attack, whether you want to hit the physical side or not). Even nature is a matter of preference (i.e. does it boost speed or not?), as is ability (though I prefer Natural Cure).
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

Starmie
    At the center of its body is a red core, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky.

"LittleGem" Starmie @ Leftovers
    Modest - Natural Cure
    252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
    - Toxic
    - Camouflage / Reflect Type / Cosmic Power
    - Recover
    - Surf / Scald

Credit to ThreeStyler3 for his set.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Well, someone already posted the gravity set, so all I can say is that hail is an option for weatherless teams to level the playing field after the setter is gone.

And you people must've really hurt lucario fan's feeling. hasn't posted since the 21st.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12