Thread: Fight On, Artemis! (BW2 OU)

Default Fight On, Artemis! (BW2 OU)

Intro:

Hello peeps, I decided to make one more team before the drop of X and Y. I remember the first team I ever put an RMT for was built around the pokemon Virizion. Although the team wasn't very good obviously, I found Virizion to be the star of the team. So, I decided to see if I could use it more effectively now that I know a lot more about team building. So here is the process.

Started off with Virizion with the same set I had used before, special CM. Virizion starts me off with a great pokemon against rain and a great middle ground pokemon.

Added Heatran to start building the special core. Good synergy, protects virizion from hurricanes and can switch in + take advantage of threats like rachi or scizor.

At this point decided to split the team into a special and physical three. Jelly helps cover the current fighting weakness. Can help keep my rocks up. And further help buffer strong water attacks. Can also take the occasional DM or hurricane if needed.

Added Landorus to start building some physical offensive presence. also get rocks and a good pivot + buffer to physical attacks.

Although this team is more balanced than offensive, I wanted something that could clean up after I wear the opponent down. Also needed the prio

Also needed the ability to slay dragons, with a scarf set I get that plus more ability to revenge.

Changes Made:
    -Swapped Slowbro for Jelly since Keldeo and strong special waters were crushing me
    -Swapped Scizor for Rachi for better revenging and dragon slaying.
    -Changed Rachi nature from adament to Jolly for speed matchups
    -Changed spread of Tran to more defensive focused.
    -Changed Landorus set to more defensive focused.

In Depth:

Virizion@Lum Berry
    252 SPA 252 SPE 4 HP
    Timid
    Justified

-Giga Drain
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Calm Mind

This is the set I used when I first played with Virizion and it does really well. Speed nature and EV's are important to outspeed up to base 108. Most notably for Lando I, non scarf Terrakion, and Nape. Prefer HP ice to deal with Lando as well as keep Dragonite and Gliscor from setting up. also helps win the battle against other grass types. I personally prefer the power of Focus Blast over secret sword, despite how frustrating it can be. Lum berry to protect it from a crippling Twave as well as protection from toxic. Also gives Virizion the leg up on Breloom.

Heatran@Lefties
    248 HP 8 Def 252 Spd
    Calm
    Flash Fire

-Lava Plume
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute
    -Toxic

Sub Heatran makes a great partner to Virizion. It can switch into plenty of steel types as mentioned before and set up its sub. Lava Plume over Blast because I already have one stab with poor accuracy and trying both caused me to lose my mind. Earth power for coverage and other heatran. Decided to give toxic to Tran rather than Jelli because it would be more useful against a water type being the common switch in to this set.

Jellicent@Lefties
    252 HP 220 Spd 36 Def
    Calm
    Cursed Body

-Surf
    -Will o Wisp
    -Shadow Ball
    -Recover

I wanted a pure protector for special attacks. Especially heavy water hits due to the teams weakness to them prior to this add. Surf over Scald because already using Will o. Recover pretty obvious for more staying ability. Shadow Ball gives additional stab and a W vs. Gengar. Cursed Body can help me stall out opponents better than Water absorb.

Landorus@Lefties
    200 Hp 64 Atk 244 Def
    Adament
    Levitate

-Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -U turn
    -Stealth Rocks

Landorus has the natural bulk and ability to be able to set up rocks regularly. It also gives me instant offensive pressure. QuakeEdge coverage. Then U-turn for pivoting and keeping momentum. Intimidate is also great for dampering physical threats or keeping them forms setting up. Lando is important for taking out thinks like Volcarona and Terrakion and its rocks are huge for making things like Dnite easier to deal with.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
    Jolly
    Multiscale

-Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -Xtreme Speed
    -Dragon Dance

Speaking of, Dragonite is added to give the team a cleanup sweeper. Once all the steels are gone or weakened Dnite can come in and grab a boost. Went with fire punch over earthquake because the team in general can handle rain better than sun. So that adds a little help. Speed over power because I lack a spinner and likely can't afford Dnite tking any extra hits after the boost and break of scale.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
    252 Atk 252 Spe 5 HP
    Jolly
    Serene Grace

-Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -U turn
    -Ice Punch

Jirachi is here to revenge and ensure outrage won't punch holes in my team. The scarf lets it outspeed and eliminate dragons (Including +1 Dnite) as well s other threats. I can also spam Iron head if need be. Zen headbutt gives another stab and another option for getting rid of Keldeo who is a pest to this team. U turn for momentum.

Thanks for reading! Open to any kind of suggestions you are interested in giving. Lastly, here is a replay of me using this team to win a OU tour on pokemon online. Just to see how the team actually runs if anyone is interested. I did however, make some changes after this match.

Spoiler:- Battle:

I'm Lions!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sheps™; 31st July 2013 at 5:38 AM.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Hey, cool team, I've always liked Virizion. I don't have time for a full rate, so I'll give a few detailed notes to help out.

• Your Heatran is begging for a Special Defensive set, so you can form a potent defensive core along with Jellicent, as they are really hard to break through, & allow your Virizion to sweep late game. A simple spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD would suffice here. This spread allows Heatran to take weak Special Attacks while either hitting back hard, or crippling the opponents Pokémon. I'd also change Earth Power into Protect on him, as it allows you to scout the opponent & allow you to rack up Toxic damage.

• Landorus-T is also begging for a new spread. I'd suggest running one of 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def over your current spread. This spread allows Landorus-T to become an excellent defensive pivot, stealing momentum & being an extremely hard hitter at that. The EV spread here is fairly complicated, but really simple. Landorus-T needs only 64 Attack EV's along with an Adamant Nature to hit a level of 376, while the rest of the EV's are thrown into HP & Defense in order to add some additional bulk to tank some really strong hits, thanks to Intimidate.

• Jirachi is begging for a Jolly Nature over Adamant, as you are able to outspeed Choice Scarfed Salamence, +1 Volcarona, as well as +1 Jolly Haxorus. You are able to cripple the latter 2 with Trick, while outright OHKO-ing Salamence with an Ice Punch. I'd also be running Trick over Zen Headbutt, as it allows you to cripple some real troublesome Pokémon, most notably Chansey, Blissey, & setup sweepers in general.

Spoiler:- Changes:
    Last edited by Cherche; 30th July 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ciel View Post
    Hey, cool team, I've always liked Virizion. I don't have time for a full rate, so I'll give a few detailed notes to help out.

• Your Heatran is begging for a Special Defensive set, so you can form a potent defensive core along with Jellicent, as they are really hard to break through, & allow your Virizion to sweep late game. A simple spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD would suffice here. This spread allows Heatran to take weak Special Attacks while either hitting back hard, or crippling the opponents Pokémon. I'd also change Earth Power into Protect on him, as it allows you to scout the opponent & allow you to rack up Toxic damage.

• Landorus-T is also begging for a new spread. I'd suggest running one of 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def over your current spread. This spread allows Landorus-T to become an excellent defensive pivot, stealing momentum & being an extremely hard hitter at that. The EV spread here is fairly complicated, but really simple. Landorus-T needs only 64 Attack EV's along with an Adamant Nature to hit a level of 376, while the rest of the EV's are thrown into HP & Defense in order to add some additional bulk to tank some really strong hits, thanks to Intimidate.

• Jirachi is begging for a Jolly Nature over Adamant, as you are able to outspeed Choice Scarfed Salamence, +1 Volcarona, as well as +1 Jolly Haxorus. You are able to cripple the latter 2 with Trick, while outright OHKO-ing Salamence with an Ice Punch. I'd also be running Trick over Zen Headbutt, as it allows you to cripple some real troublesome Pokémon, most notably Chansey, Blissey, & setup sweepers in general.

Spoiler:- Changes:
    Thanks for the comments! I'll be changing the two spreads and the nature of rachi but will keep earth power just because I've found it to be needed to always ensure the sub is worth while. Going to test trick and see if Keldeo starts becoming a problem again without headbutt but for now will keep it the same on the RMT. Again, appreciate the glance!

Hey sheps! Glad that you finally posted a new team (since forever -____-)

Anyway, Dr. Ciel already made some good points regarding EV spreads. However, I find that one thing your team lacks is something that can enable Virizion to sweep. You have a bunch of bulky checks to things that would KO Virizion, but you don't have anything that can enable it chances to boost (basically remove its defensive checks). So basically, a "wallbreaker" of sorts, something that can get into defensive cores and some offensive checks. I personally like to use some sort of bulky dragon here, whether it be SubGarchomp or SubKyurem. For your team, I really think SubKyurem works really well here. When behind a Substitute, Outrage/Fusion Bolt/Ice Beam can OHKO - 2HKO most of Virizion's traditional checks and give it a good chance to sweep.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Assuming you are talking about black kyu. I'm actually gonna try replacing that with dragonite. Good lookin!

Not really getting any higher with the team so taking my one bump.

I agree with eagle that a stallbreaker would be helpful, but physical sub kyub is blah at baiting in and breaking virizons checks. I would suggest calm mind keldeo as a wall breaker as he baits in the most common special wall atm, sp defensive celebi and KOs it with hp bug.

If you use CM keldeo, i would say over dnite/kyub, i would switch landorus therian for forretress for spikes as your team is fairly passive, you have a spin blocker, and virizon likes the extra damage, and spin support as again, your team is fairly passive, and will be switching alot.