Thread: How to capture game footage?

Default How to capture game footage?

With X and Y on the horizon, I'd like to be able to capture my game play to put into videos on my YouTube channel. However, I have no idea how to do this. People tell me there's a capture card, I don't know what that means. Is it something that I just attach to it or plug in or is it built in? I already have a 3ds XL, so I'm hesitant to buy a new one. So how do I capture gameplay?
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

They have 3DS Capture card. Quite expensive though
    EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the whole thing. It's a device that lets you connect your 3ds to your computer and record+save the video output of the 3ds directly onto your computer or something like that
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

It's also not a device that's available to the general public. If you see direct-feed footage on YouTube, it's either from a media outlet that would have such a device via official means, or someone using an emulator.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's also not a device that's available to the general public. If you see direct-feed footage on YouTube, it's either from a media outlet that would have such a device via official means, or someone using an emulator.
    Apparently there's some unofficial company that's been making and selling them. I think that's what EonDragonFTW meant by them being expensive (since the official ones aren't for sale like you said). I don't know much else about the unofficial ones though.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Is this what you're talking about? It's a USB port that's built into your 3DS and yes, it's VERY pricey.
    Last edited by FusionKT; 31st July 2013 at 2:10 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Just use a video camera to record it rather than using an unofficial item coz it might damage yer console coz I use my iPhone to record my playthroughs.
    That happened to me with my old computer (damage part), unofficial WiFi USB. It died coz of the blue screen >.> nya~

Okay thanks for the help guys! Looks like an emulator is the way to go...I'll make a new thread asking about those though.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]