Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

The one problem I have with this episode is that they made it seem like the Dragonite that attacked the Dragon Holy Land was Clair's, when it actually belonged to the first Blackthorn gym leader

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Do not mess with flowers. Huh, I wonder what the female Dragonite would say if the male Dragonite hurt a Flabebe.

For a cave known to house Dragon-type Pokémon, it's pretty underwhelming how it's littered with common Pokémon found IN EVERY ISLAND, and there's just a single Dragon type in there.

By the way, what kind of basic title is this? This sounds like it should've gone to the Noctowl episode instead.

More Iris character development. This makes Cilan look less relevant, and perhaps maybe Ash as well. I'm amazed how Iris didn't even catch the Pokémon that introduced her to liking Dragon types, but that's to be expected after getting trolled with every single opportunity she could've gotten a Deino... Don't worry, guys. She'll end up catching a Klefki at this rate!

So I think this was a little decent to watch.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

I swear, someone at TPCi is mixing up the opening titles on purpose. Those aren't mistakes after its happened so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I swear, someone at TPCi is mixing up the opening titles on purpose. Those aren't mistakes after its happened so many times.
    I know!

But I'm starting to think it's a conscious choice now that it's happened a lot...

Keep in mind that the dub of DA! ends on December 7th. NO WAY does the XY dub start on December 14th. I don't know if we are getting a month break from Pokémon (which never happens) or if the Iris and Cilan specials are getting dubbed. But none of that would explain the N opening. Unless of course they air the TR vs. TP episodes, which is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Keep in mind that the dub of DA! ends on December 7th. NO WAY does the XY dub start on December 14th. I don't know if we are getting a month break from Pokémon (which never happens) or if the Iris and Cilan specials are getting dubbed. But none of that would explain the N opening. Unless of course they air the TR vs. TP episodes, which is a possibility.
    Didn't BW start right after Sinnoh League Victors? Also we had a 2 or 3 month wait for DP after BF.

I could see them starting XY on the 14th and starting with episode 3 on January 4th (skipping a week or two for the holiday stuff since CN screw the line up around that time) So the new XY episodes air in 2014. Idk but I guess they could air the specials if they wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    No, just stop, seriously...stop. That TR vs TP is long gone, it is never seeing the light of day. I don't know why TPCi randomly atarted showing the N intro, and then went back to the da one, and back again, and again. There is no secondary reason though, it is just someone for some reason messing it up badly. And who says xy dub can't start in late december? At the most there will only be a week off after da. There is never a break longer than that between dub seasons.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    No, just stop, seriously...stop. That TR vs TP is long gone, it is never seeing the light of day. I don't know why TPCi randomly atarted showing the N intro, and then went back to the da one, and back again, and again. There is no secondary reason though, it is just someone for some reason messing it up badly. And who says xy dub can't start in late december? At the most there will only be a week off after da. There is never a break longer than that between dub seasons.
    When has this ever happened before? Have you ever recalled them accidentally airing the Rival Destinies opening during Adventures in Unova or the Black and White one during Rival Destinies? If you think this isn't a conscious decision, you might be in for a huge shock. Also, don't tell me to stop posting my opinions on a forum. Keep doing that and I'll keep reporting you.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    For a cave known to house Dragon-type Pokémon, it's pretty underwhelming how it's littered with common Pokémon found IN EVERY ISLAND, and there's just a single Dragon type in there.
    They said that in the dub? Odd. In the original, it was just said that the cave was known for having many kinds of Pokémon, with no mention of their types.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    They said that in the dub? Odd. In the original, it was just said that the cave was known for having many kinds of Pokémon, with no mention of their types.
    Maybe I didn't listen too well.

But "many kinds of Pokémon" is still within littering the cave with Patrat, Foongus, Deerling, and Woobat.

Seriously, when will we ever have ACTUAL many kinds of Pokémon? I want to see wild Larvesta, Tyrogue, Riolu, or -shockers - Pikachu?

EDIT: TR vs. TP is forever dead, people. Live with it. There's no logic with this.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 26th October 2013 at 8:33 PM.

This thread has nothing to do with the Rocket VS Plasma episodes. Take that discussion elsewhere.

This episode was really great, it was awesome to see Clair again and wished Da would bring back other interesting characters from the OS like this to make it more tolerable, bummer that Clair isnt sticking around though, on another topic i for one hope we don't air the specials on CN and just have them posted on Pokemon TV like pokemon Origins will be, i also hope their isnt a long break between BW and XY

This was an ok episode. It was kinda nice to see a shiny Druddigon as well as Clair. Not much else beyond that.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Good episode. It was great to see the development of Iris, seeing Clair, and a shiny Druddigon. Hopefully we'll see the Iris and Clair battle episode, but I don't think that has aired in Japan yet, has it?

I liked this episode. It was great to see a animated shiny Druddigon. I laughed at Cilan's theory that the two Dragonites would fall in love.

So why does Alexa just vanish and not stay with the group?

I enjoyed James' little recap of their plan.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I enjoyed James' little recap of their plan.
    It's a Time Bokan parody, but that most certainly didn't come across in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It's a Time Bokan parody, but that most certainly didn't come across in the dub.
    Every time i see you post it seems you are always bashing the dub, we get it you like the Japanese version better, while most of us like the show better in our own language

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    Every time i see you post it seems you are always bashing the dub, we get it you like the Japanese version better, while most of us like the show better in our own language
    Sorry, what? I don't even watch it, and I can't say I've said anything negative about it in neither that post or any other.
    I just rather doubt a referential joke based on a line with no commonly accepted English translation taken from a show it's unlikely anyone involved with the dub have even heard of made it into the dub in any sort of recognizable manner. That's all.

It was great to see Clair again. The voice was also a good fit for her. Shiny Drudigon was a sight to see, and it was stunning to see Clair endure through it's attacks. And yay, she caught him.

That's all I really cared to see in this episode. Nothing more, especially when Alexa was written off the plot very quickly.

It was nice episode to spend time with a familiar face from a long time ago. I also enjoyed the further insight into Iris' past and that she actually feared dragon types at a young age. The funny moment was when Cilan said that Clair's and Iris' dragonite were falling in love.

Good episode, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I can barely remember what Clair sounded like in Johto, but her voice in this episode was decent. I'm still stunned that Clair's character was brought back at all, but at least the episode was somewhat entertaining and showcased Clair's experience with Dragon-types; I preferred the dubbed version of this episode since I could actually understand what was being discussed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    So why does Alexa just vanish and not stay with the group?
    I believe she said she needed to get equipment.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

In one aspect of this episode, they took dubbing to literal.

If I'm not mistaken, "shiny Pokemon" in the Japanese is "Pokemon of a different color" or something of that if I'm not mistaken, that's what I remember it being referred to as.

What I disliked about the dub, is that they went too literal with a translation.

Instead of saying the Druddigon was a shiny Druddigon they said it was a Pokemon of a different color.

I don't know if lip synching was why they chose to dub it, but I don't know why they just didn't say "shiny"

It's not like the Druddigon was purple and yellow, it matches the shiny coloring in the games.'

Edit: I also disliked how the Dragon Den Dragonite was referred to Clair's Dragonite, I thought the original stated that Clair's Dragonair evolved? Why was the Dragonite we saw in the episode being referred to the same Dragonite that Charizard and Clair's Dragonair helped stop going on an outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The one problem I have with this episode is that they made it seem like the Dragonite that attacked the Dragon Holy Land was Clair's, when it actually belonged to the first Blackthorn gym leader
    I'm pretty sure, that first gym leader is dead, I highly doubt he can claim ownership. If anything it makes sense for THAT Dragonite to go with Clair or at least have it be like Jasmine's Ampharos.

The problem I had was that the Clair's Dragonite in the episode was supposed to be Clair's Dragonair evolved, but the way the dub says it, it was the dragon den Dragonite.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 3rd November 2013 at 4:55 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast