Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Default A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Clair & Iris! The Shiny Druddigon!!

Arriving on the next island, Ash & co. meet up with the Blackthorn City Gym Leader, Clair. Clair has come to the island in search of a very special Pokémon, a shiny Druddigon! However, while searching for it, she got separated from her Dragonite so Ash & Iris decide to help find it. Once found, Iris' Dragonite starts to feud with Clair's which causes various issues, but when Clair solves this and moves on to find the Druddigon, she finds out that not is all what it seems with this special Pokémon. Will she be able to calm and capture it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Some nice Iris flashbacks in this episode, she looks really cute.

The episode starts with Ash and co. one a ship and a Parker walks up to them, with Alexa and Helioptile behind him.

They get off the ship and then Alexa brings out Gogoat and rides it to go somewhere.

Ash notices Claire on the port and then talks to her.

A flashback about that Dragonite that they met in Johto occurs.

Iris and Axew are excited to see her.

Ash brings out Charizard and Iris brings out Dragonite.

Team Rocket are near by, listening in, in their regular clothes.

Iris's Dragonite comes across a Dragonite meditating on a flower field and the other Dragonite headbutts Iris's Dragonite.

Charizard see this and warns Ash and co.

Clair and Iris try to calm the Dragonite's down.

Charizard is looking smug/annoyed for some reason and Cilan does some sort of speech that annoys Iris and Clair.

A Drilbur, Roggenrola, Venipede, Woobat and Foongus come out of some bush in a forrest and they run past Ash and co.

A bunch of Woobat fly out of a cave where Team Team Rocket are near the entrances to.

Ash and co. come across a door and Iris and Clair bring out their Dragonite's.

Ash brings out Charizard to calm the two down. Charizard returns into his Pokeball and the Dragonite throw the door from a cave entrances away and some signal comes through the cave and hurts Pikachu and Axew's ears.

Ash put hits hat on Pikachu.

Dare Da? Druddigon.

They walk through the cave and then stop for a reason. Iris has a flashback to when she was young and found a Druddigon in a cave.

Meowth walks into the cave entrance that Team Rocket are at and runs back out because a Shiny Druddigon chased him out.

Jessie and James bring out Frillish and Amoonguss. They attack the Druddigon but the Druddigon attack them after Ash and co. come out of the same entrance, from where Druddigon came out.

Team Rocket blast off. Clair tries to calm Druddigon down, but he pushes her down. She gets back up and tells the others she okay.

Iris has another flashback about the other Druddigon. Iris calmed down that Druddigon int he past and now Clair is still trying to do the same to a different Druddigon.

Eventually Druddigon calms down and the other Pokemon are no longer scared of Druddigon and go back into the cave.

Clair throws a Pokeball at Druddigon and she has now caught it.

Back at the port, Alexa is worried about something and then Clair brings out Druddigon and Alexa is happy to see it.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Clair and Druddigon.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 1st August 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

They're really doing a nice job of reanimating bits from past episodes this season

I think it confirmed that Iris' Dragonite is Male and Clair's is Female.

And here's the Shiny Druddigon!

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

So then nothing indicating that iris will go to blackthorn to train with clair.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They're really doing a nice job of reanimating bits from past episodes this season
    And they've brought back a lot of old stuff (Charizard, Butterfree Flashback, even saw Primape (again, Flashback) and more). I Hope this means the XY anime will have more references about the older Days. Though I doubt it.

Anyways, can't wait to see this episode.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

So Claire's female Dragonite got angry at Iris's male Dragonite because the latter broke the formers flower. Lulz, we definitely haven't seen that before.

Anyway, it was an okay episode. It was nice seeing Claire again, and the interaction between Iris and her was alright. Though, really, I don't think we needed the angry dragon angle again.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 1st August 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Charizard booted out of this episode and it was funny

Flashbacks

Flashbacks everywhere (and they were animated swell too)

I liked the episode, I liked seeing Clair again, and I really thought her Dragonite and Iris' Dragonite were going to fall in love or something and I guess that would be one of the reasons why Iris' would leave with her. But alas, there was a Druddigon in this equation as well and the whole Dragonite sub-plot was dropped after the 15 minute mark, bummer.

No Misty and Brock in the flashback this time, I also would have liked to see the Clair Gym battle reanimated with Snorlax/Charizard/Pikachu battling. That was the best fight in Johto.

Good episode, the flashbacks were good. Maybe we will get to see other past characters later in this arc.

That was a ok episode. I was expecting my Iris development oh well. Seeing Clair was cool but Alexa was out the episode ): Oh well. It is funny how Charizard now gets regional bird treatment....Charizard! find Pokemon X

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

What's with all these side characters getting team changes that we'll never see again? (Yes I knew Iris stood no chance of getting Druddigon)

Other then that, seemed like an okayish episode. Also, Clair looks a lot more happy then she did in the past
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 1st August 2013 at 5:12 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This episode was alright. I kind of felt like they just stuck in the Iris flashbacks to make it seem better than it was, but everyone at this point knows it wasn't really needed.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    This episode was alright. I kind of felt like they just stuck in the Iris flashbacks to make it seem better than it was, but everyone at this point knows it wasn't really needed.
    They did it because it made sense, specially since it was the same type of situation with the same pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They did it because it made sense, specially since it was the same type of situation with the same pokemon.
    Yeah but what I mean is, normally flashbacks are used for Iris's development. This one they kind of just stuck there for the story.

It kind of made me laugh though, because it's like if you want stories go to Iris, because almost everything happened to her then.

EDIT: I didn't know Druddigon was the reason Iris started liking Dragons. That's interesting. =O
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 1st August 2013 at 6:15 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    EDIT: I didn't know Druddigon was the reason Iris started liking Dragons. That's interesting. =O
    And despite this she never catches one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Other then that, seemed like an okayish episode. Also, Clair looks a lot more happy then she did in the past
    Ok I do admit she seemed a little happier, but still she wasn't exactly mean to begin with.

It was nice to see Clair again and remind us of Iris's offer to be a Gym Leader, but past that I thought the episode was just kind of dull. I also found it odd that Clair had to be told by the group that Druddigon wanted to join her, if she's a Dragon expert shouldn't she be able to figure that out herself?

Some part of me wanted Team Rocket to catch that Druddigon.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Ok I do admit she seemed a little happier, but still she wasn't exactly mean to begin with.
    Oh I know that much, but she had that stern look back then
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Oh I know that much, but she had that stern look back then
    Because her eyes look completely different now.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No Misty and Brock in the flashback this time
    I'm sure you're thrilled.

Anyway, this episode played out just like I thought it would with the exception of the Iris flashbacks, but those seemed completely unnecessary given that it was Clair who soothed the Shiny Druddigon's anger. I mean if Iris had history with the species, why not have her deal with the Shiny Druddigon? It's like taking one step forward and two steps back. Anyway, Charizard being here seemed forced, as did Team Rocket's presence. And Clair was way too happy; was Bianca's spirit reincarnated in Clair's body or something? The only part of the episode that I liked was the whole Dragonite x Dragonite shipping thing which was cute and apparently canon now. :P

Seems like a random character to bring back, but its as good as any I guess. Except Brock.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    So Claire's female Dragonite got angry at Iris's male Dragonite because the latter broke the formers flower. Lulz, we definitely haven't seen that before.
    Even plot points in Da! get reused.

Nice episode though. Not great or bad, just nice.

Random : PokéRadar

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast