Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

And once again, Iris gets screwed in getting a reasonable Dragon-type that isn't fully evolved.

So if a Druddigon made her get into dragons...why the hell doesn't she have one? Also, why didn't she say this back in the previous Druddigon episode where her Dragon sixth sense was at high gear? I swear there's something absolutely wrong with her character development, or the writers just like to made her life miserable in the long run. That'll teach the kids!

First it was all the teasing with the Deino, now this. Iris, your destiny is to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    What's with all these side characters getting team changes that we'll never see again? (Yes I knew Iris stood no chance of getting Druddigon)
    'Cause Ash never exists in the games. Everyone else that isn't named Ash or Delia or is a COTD deserves team changes.

Speaking of Delia, she's getting an Alomomola next week! (Just kidding.)

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And once again, Iris gets screwed in getting a reasonable Dragon-type that isn't fully evolved.

So if a Druddigon made her get into dragons...why the hell doesn't she have one? Also, why didn't she say this back in the previous Druddigon episode where her Dragon sixth sense was at high gear? I swear there's something absolutely wrong with her character development, or the writers just like to made her life miserable in the long run. That'll teach the kids!

First it was all the teasing with the Deino, now this. Iris, your destiny is to fail.
    She does not need another dragon type right now. Axew is what needs her attention and training. Iris doesn't need to get every wild or thought to be wild dragon type they encounter. Iris' development has always felt forced and mishandled, in my opinion. People say that she has had the most of it, but that doesn't really mean much since Ash and Cilan basically get squat.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    She does not need another dragon type right now. Axew is what needs her attention and training. Iris doesn't need to get every wild or thought to be wild dragon type they encounter. Iris' development has always felt forced and mishandled, in my opinion. People say that she has had the most of it, but that doesn't really mean much since Ash and Cilan basically get squat.
    She isn't ignoring her Kibago though, the show doesn't acknowledge Kibago as being anything resembling a Pokemon that's ignored. If she wants to be a Dragon Master she should try to capture more Dragon-types, AuraChannelerChris is right. Even then, I'm not sure why having one Dragon-type that's she training keeps her from getting another.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    She isn't ignoring her Kibago though, the show doesn't acknowledge Kibago as being anything resembling a Pokemon that's ignored. If she wants to be a Dragon Master she should try to capture more Dragon-types, AuraChannelerChris is right. Even then, I'm not sure why having one Dragon-type that's she training keeps her from getting another.
    Because it's somehow impossible to have them share training and screentime. One of them would get the short end of the stick. Look at Cilan and Ash's Pokemon for example.

I'm glad Dragonite's gender was revealed, even if by some it was kinda obvious. By the way, who discovered their gender ? Cilan ? Clair ?
    I liked that episode to be honest, seeing Clair back was nice (damn she's cute, now!). I was sad to notice Alexa wasn't very part of the episode, but oh well.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

The episode was fine but I honestly expected better. I didn't expect the Dragonites' returning to their pokeballs and staying there for the remainder of the episode.

I know! That Axew in particular is the hardest Axew to get evolved, and that's why she was tasked to train it, just like 3/4 of all Ash's Pokémon.

Because it's somehow impossible to have them share training and screentime. One of them would get the short end of the stick. Look at Cilan and Ash's Pokemon for example.
    You're both right. On one hand, there's no reason Iris shouldn't get more dragons because that is her goal. But on the other hand, screentime is the main reason she hasn't gotten more. Again, we're seeing the effects of BW being a 3-year series because she likely would've gotten one more if this series was 4-years.

It was a alright and fun episode, I honestly am a bit underwhelmed by it. I wish the feuding Kairyu could have interacted a bit more, especially since they had such an entertaining dynamic that I think I would have preferred an episode of that over Ibuki searching for Crimgan. But yeah, those Kairyu were probably my favorite part of the whole episode. They were both amusing Pokemon in personality and it was nice to see Iris's own Kairyu interact with a naturally benevolent Kairyu in-contrast to the ornery expression he wears 24//7. He even showed a bit of a more softer side seeing the female Kairyu so distraught over him crushing a flower by accident. I know Iris's Kairyu is usually tough-looking but it's nice to see different layers to his personality besides "I'm gonna beat this thing up, raawwrrr!" To the surprise of no one Iris's Kairyu is confirmed to be a male, the flashback scenes with learning how Iris came to like Crimgan and many Dragon-types were nice as well.

I also enjoyed Ibuki's interactions with Iris and Satoshi a lot and Dento apparently shipping the two troublesome Kairyu together was entertaining as well. I noticed Mamoru Miyano seemed to be overacting in that scene which really gave it more life. The flashback and music within it were nice, it's also interesting to see Ibuki is apparently visiting Shaga and, if iirc, it seems as though Ibuki said her and Iris should have a battle someday? Seeing an alternate-colored Crimgan was good too. The sizable of the episode was pretty dialogue-heavy, so a fair bit of the entertainment value does come from the character's words and interactions. But yeah, amusing episode but not as good as I thought it would be.

This episode just made me ask the question why the writers love druddigon so much...out of all the unova dragons (besides axew of course) druddigon has been featured the most...there was that first one, the ones in just about everyone of Iris's flashbacks, the one in the Don tournament, Drayden's aggrandized one, and now a shiny one...it seems they are trying to hype druddigon just because no one really cares for it as a pokemon...but to tell you the truth, I would have so much rather seen a shiny garchomp, flygon, salamence or even haxorus just as a throwback to the in game event.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

So Iris got no influence to leave the show in this episode? It would have been a perfect opportunity, but now she'll seemingly walk out before the start of XY. Which means this episode revolved around developing a character that might not appear again for 10 years (or ever).

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    So Iris got no influence to leave the show in this episode? It would have been a perfect opportunity, but now she'll seemingly walk out before the start of XY. Which means this episode revolved around developing a character that might not appear again for 10 years (or ever).
    They'll probably have Drayden re-appear in the last BW episode, which will lead to Iris leaving with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They'll probably have Drayden re-appear in the last BW episode, which will lead to Iris leaving with him.
    Drayden: There you are, Iris. After taking a quick airplane trip from Mistralton City to avoid island-hopping by boat, I have decided to take you back so that you become the Gym Leader.

Cilan: Sir, how did you even know she was here? *Cut scene of Drayden applying a suplex on Cilan*

Maybe Iris and Cilan will probably wander Kanto on their own.

It was a alright and fun episode, I honestly am a bit underwhelmed by it. I wish the feuding Kairyu could have interacted a bit more, especially since they had such an entertaining dynamic that I think I would have preferred an episode of that over Ibuki searching for Crimgan. But yeah, those Kairyu were probably my favorite part of the whole episode. They were both amusing Pokemon in personality and it was nice to see Iris's own Kairyu interact with a naturally benevolent Kairyu in-contrast to the ornery expression he wears 24//7. He even showed a bit of a more softer side seeing the female Kairyu so distraught over him crushing a flower by accident. I know Iris's Kairyu is usually tough-looking but it's nice to see different layers to his personality besides "I'm gonna beat this thing up, raawwrrr!" To the surprise of no one Iris's Kairyu is confirmed to be a male, the flashback scenes with learning how Iris came to like Crimgan and many Dragon-types were nice as well.

I also enjoyed Ibuki's interactions with Iris and Satoshi a lot and Dento apparently shipping the two troublesome Kairyu together was entertaining as well. I noticed Mamoru Miyano seemed to be overacting in that scene which really gave it more life. The flashback and music within it were nice, it's also interesting to see Ibuki is apparently visiting Shaga and, if iirc, it seems as though Ibuki said her and Iris should have a battle someday? Seeing an alternate-colored Crimgan was good too. The sizable of the episode was pretty dialogue-heavy, so a fair bit of the entertainment value does come from the character's words and interactions. But yeah, amusing episode but not as good as I thought it would be.
    Underwhelming is the right word. This episode could have been better. I am not even talking about battles or something. When I see Clair with Iris, I expect the writers to form a bond between them, ya know. Iris should be extra-special in Clair's eyes and then Clair offers her some kind of advice or help or something. But instead, they chose to develop Iris's past and how she came to love Dragon Types. Now this seemed really weird to me. This part of Iris's story should have been developed somewhere else in another Iris dedicated episode, not here. This should have been more Kairyu X Kairyu and Iris X Clair.

That said, I am not entirely disappointed by the episode. Just didn't like the fact that things I speculated (like the writer's showing Clair's tree jumping skills from Johto) didn't happen. Clair seemed like a different Clair. Her character was a bit off IMO.

And yes, Clair says "The next time we meet, let's battle" or something like that. Although, I believe these promises are a waste because I doubt we'll be seeing Clair again.

Things I liked, Lizardon snorting in anger. He would have definitely put up a fight but Ash was smart enough to tell him not to do that. Even Lizardon complied with him, and let the two Kairyu go. I liked the fact that BW TR's Pokemon are not as worse as their DP ones. Frillish and Amoonguss have put up a decent performance. I say I am impressed by them despite getting blasted away right after that. And Pansy feeling bad for missing the Shiny Druddigon and asking cutely that she wants to see it <3.

I think Pansy appearing has been planned after this episode was made because she seemed like she was "shoe-horned" in a few scenes like when Parker was speaking to Ash and something like that.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Clair IS going to meet Drayden, so for all we know, Iris could still leave with Clair.

All she needs is a call/message from Drayden.

....and now, her story begins.

I wonder who even thought of the fact that just because Claire came back that meant that Iris was going to leave in the first place? This is why I wait before thinking about things like that.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I wonder who even thought of the fact that just because Claire came back that meant that Iris was going to leave in the first place? This is why I wait before thinking about things like that.
    I don't know. It became a hive mind thing. The thing is, it made sense based on her character direction.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Dang-it! I really hoped that Iris would get the Druddigon so that we could have another regular shiny (like Ash's Noctowl). But of course, the pokemon writers had to screw everything up and Iris didn't get it.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    Dang-it! I really hoped that Iris would get the Druddigon so that we could have another regular shiny (like Ash's Noctowl). But of course, the pokemon writers had to screw everything up and Iris didn't get it.
    Yes, because having the summary state that Clair was hunting for it obviously meant that Iris had a chance to ever get it.

I just find it funny that secondary characters are actually allowed to get team changes, but the main cast isn't
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I just find it funny that secondary characters are actually allowed to get team changes, but the main cast isn't
    Agreed but the reason is because this is just one episode so the writers don't have to deal with Clair or Druddigon again after this. With the main cast, the writers actually have to put effort into making the new pokemon appear.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    The show is going to end in two months.

There is no reason why anyone should be capturing anything at this point. The show's almost over.

Yes, because having the summary state that Clair was hunting for it obviously meant that Iris had a chance to ever get it.
    To clarify, this was the first ep I've seen in months so any build up was non-existant to me. My only spoiler for this episode was a picture of the shiny druddigon. My sliver of hope for the anime was shot down during the ep and absolutely shredded by you lot. Doubt I'll be watching any more pokemon from now on.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    And despite this she never catches one.
    Imagine the level of outrage people would have if she was the one that caught the shiny druddigon. People would be like she already has a DRAGONITE why give her another op pokemon D:<

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Who did Clair?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast