Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Stupid YouTube Comments

The problem (for me anyways) with ignoring YouTube comments is that some of it might actually be valid discussion and critical feedback that YouTubers would actually want to pay attention to. Of course, this makes some assumptions, but we must also realize this is the internet: A cess pool that proves what anonymity does to people (giving them unhinged freedom to be as depraved and nonsensical as they desire without fear of real consequences).

3DS: 4468-0987-7537
    Neophenx Gaming YouTube
    Currently Promoting
    Pokemon Y Global Link Tournament: April Friendly Summary (Coworker Commentary)
    Posted Wednesday 2014.05.07

The other day I came across a Pokémon/Angry Birds crossover fan made trailer. I hate Angry Birds so without thinking, I posted a stupid comment talking about how frustrating Angry Birds is and that there are better puzzle games like Bejeweled. So a user replied to me saying:

"Just because you hate it doesn't mean it bad. Just don't play it. Your comment says nothing about Angry Birds but more about yourself."

I realized I was trolling so I deleted the comment along with the reply.

I liked commenting on YouTube until people take it so personal for your opinions. I mean if a person puts out a viral video of him/herself acting stupid, are we not allowed to poke fun at em? So why people take it personal. That's what it is for, to view and comment (unless commenting is disabled).
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

How people bring the topic of racism into every comment section of youtube videos. Like Avril Lavigne's new music video of Hello Kitty -.-

"Homestuck is a great anime."

I mean... Homestuck isn't an anime. It is an online comic.

I have claimed the Cruel Pokémon, Liepard!

"Your assumption that you have any knowlege regarding my intellectual capassity is just sad."

"You spelt capacity wrong *******."

He also spelled "knowledge" wrong.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Last night I was watching a voice over reel by Christine Marie Cabanos and somebody asked if it was CMC that was talking.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Hmm...
    -Any and all chain mail spam
    -People commenting on how much they dislike something (on a video about said something)
    -Comments about the youtuber's personal life (Ex: Ian and Anthony (smosh) are gay, it's so obvious!)
    -On love songs, anything about the person's personal sap story about how some person wronged them (Taylor Swift videos are an excellent breeding ground for these)
    -Anyone sharing a controversial opinion just to argue or who is very mean about it
    -People who post under the name of a celebrity/cartoon character/video game character/political leader
    -People who go on religious videos to post offensive things about religion (and other things of the like)
    -And lastly, middle schoolers trying to act cool because they like [insert thing here]

I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

Comments that start like this "DON'T READ THIS OR YOU WILL DIE!" ugh, stop it, it's spam and really annoying. Also, when people advertise their channel indirectly "this song is okay, but you should really hear me sing it" just...no. There's more, but i dont remember them right now
    FC for Friend Safari: 0361-7472-0721 Fighting Type with Machoke , Pancham, and Hariyama . PM to exchange FC's.

SHINIES: Lilpup, Chatot, and Froakie WILL TRADE FOR ANOTHER SHINY

Chapter 8 out now!

Seems to be the newer age too RAGE out on Youtube nowdays. When Youtube was first around it was alot calming/mature posts on videos.. Now.. I wont even look.
    Remember the Titans!

Youtube has its trolls... but as for comments that are genuinely stupid, I would say it's comments that clearly show the poster didn't watch the entire video, read the description, etc. Those always make me facepalm, as the information was right there in front of them but they were too stupid to see it.

This happened a lot to me when I posted a series of videos showcasing the different animations of Pokemon attacks across the generations. I arranged the attacks in videos according to either type or effect, and at the end of each video, I included some comments about a certain attack being in a different video - i.e. in the Grass attacks video: "Solarbeam is in the Multi-Turn Moves video". I even included an index listing which video each attack could be found in. Yet despite this, I got a LOT of comments saying "You forgot (name of attack)!" or "Where is (name of attack)?" Sometimes when I specifically said in the video that that attack was in some other video. Sometimes I was generous and replied to them saying which video the attack was in, and also reminding them to check the index next time, but other times I got so tired of it that I didn't bother.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Anyone that post something among the lines of "but you forgot ____ or but this happened already ect.

The people who bring up future events, or things in old videos wondering why the uploader didn't mention them, when the video was uploaded 3-4yrs before whatever the hell you're talking happened.

There's a description people, read it!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Epic Rap Battles of History suggestions are just getting annoying. This is a rough generalization of what they look like:

50% random young adult novel/movie characters, TV characters, or anime characters. Heck, you can throw in comic book characters in there, too. Seriously. I can't look at the comments without seeing someone including, say, Tris from Divergent or Eren from Attack on Titan as one of the battlers. And then, they'll inevitably be paired up with another character that no one will give a damn about 20 years from now. (What's even worse is when the two suggestions for the battlers are from the same show/anime/movie.) These people need to learn that it's Epic Rap Battles of HISTORY, not Epic Rap Battles of Anime Fanservice. Go take those to Animeme Rap Battles.
    15% random video game characters. And they're not even from really famous games that everyone knows. I doubt that in 20 years, many people could look back and remember Dovakhiin or Commander Shepard (but who knows, maybe they will!)
    10% YouTubers. I'm SO sick of seeing PewDiePie vs. Smosh being spammed regularly on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.
    5% inanimate objects. There's a surprising number of XBOX 360 vs. PS3 or American Football vs. Football/Soccer suggestions.
    5% God vs. Satan or something similar.
    5% The Beatles vs. One Direction, or basically [old pop/rock music act] vs. [new pop/rock music act].
    5% Matchups that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I just saw George Washington vs. Selena Gomez, for crying out loud.
    5% figures who have actually made an impact on history and/or pop culture.

That bolded 5% is what I want to see from these suggestions. Bonus points for using a "history class" historical figure and a modern pop culture icon (they've done this many times).

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I'm surprised anyone even reads youtube comments

Quote Originally Posted by exeRegret View Post
    I'm surprised anyone even reads youtube comments
    I do it to avoid awkward parts.
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

It could be a video of a mediocre SNES platformer game and when I scroll down the comments and...
    "Better than COD lolololol"
    I get it people, you don't like the series. Move on.
    2294-4340-8078

Those pointless arguments by wannabe intellectuals that go on for 9999999999999999999999999999999 replies.

Credit to Archangel Armada

Any YouTube comment on the Pokemon anime that tries to apply game logic, not even the regular mechanics but all those convoluted stats and what not, to the anime.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Anyone who just simply comments on something that really does not matter or have to do with the video itself. Like this one cooking one I watch sometimes, someone simply said "Your annoying, or your voice is annoying"

While she is talking, why the hell does that matter? It's a cooking show, not a music video or something where your voice is the main part of it, if you are so concerned about the way someone talks while teaching how to cook, then go elsewhere and stop posting stupid stuff,.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Any video about the WWE that goes, "it's fake." Like no **** buddy. Everybody over the age of 8 knows it's scripted.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by neophenx View Post
    The problem (for me anyways) with ignoring YouTube comments is that some of it might actually be valid discussion and critical feedback that YouTubers would actually want to pay attention to. Of course, this makes some assumptions, but we must also realize this is the internet: A cess pool that proves what anonymity does to people (giving them unhinged freedom to be as depraved and nonsensical as they desire without fear of real consequences).
    This.

Which brings me to my point. I find it annoying when someone takes a really articulate comment and replies with "This." I guess some people aren't willing to form opinions in their own words, myself included sometimes (read: 2011). But people could at least try to add on something, anything!
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 10th July 2014 at 6:35 PM.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8Heart View Post
    This.

Which brings me to my point. I find it annoying when someone takes a really articulate comment and replies with "This." I guess some people aren't willing to form opinions in their own words, myself included sometimes (read: 2011). But people could at least try to add on something, anything!
    This. Yeah, I've seen this myself, or variants thereof like "I agree" or "Yeah me too". It's pointless, especially since you can just as easily +1 the original comment.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

"First!"
    "Second!"
    "One millionth!" (<when the person was only the third or fourth person to "comment")

^These kinds of comments are annoying.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Not entirely sure if this would count as a "stupid" comment, but...

I remember there was this one video of someone using Emeralds RNG to get a Shiny Treeko...and someone commented with a lot of cussing, basically saying the uploader was a...something something, for playing the old games, and not playing the newer Diamond/Pearl games....which is even sillier, when you take into account the date of the video upload...

(I could probably list a million stupid comments I've seen on Miiverse, as well, but that's a topic for another post...)

(Claims:Red Savarin, Klonoa 2, Sandslash)

{Klonoa Artbook and Banner courtesy of ka64 of Untamed Heart}
    [Red Sprite made by Zacharyleebrown via DeviantArt.com]

"I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I'm Xrift87 by the way:
    [img]http://i61.*******.com/292pa52.png[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add; Friend Safari (XL) Fire - Charmeleon/Fletchinder/Growlithe

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast