Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1220

Thread: The Worst Part of Your Day?

Today a wasp got the better of me. You could say that stung.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTriox View Post
    Hearing this woman call people 'guys' over an over again on this video i was watching.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. WHY WOULD YOU SAY A WORD SOOO MEAN??!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SAYING YOU LIKE VIOLENCE OR SOMETHING? OR YOU THINK LOVE IS WEAKNESS? whywhywhywhy....
    Never thought the day where I'd be out of touch with internet insults would come. When did "guys" become a derogatory term now? I've seen the rise of a lot of dumb terms become insults over the last couple of years, but this one just confuses me. Not trying to bust anyone here, I'm legitimately curious as how that word became an initiation of violence.

Being slightly spoiled by USUM in PAD.

Also work later. Just let me know if people are getting bored of my complaints. Rest assured I am looking elsewhere.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Not sure if this should be the best part for the news or worst for breaking the news. I took a month's notice. Yup, it's actually happening. It sucks hearing your coworkers be sad about it and you being the one to break the news.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

My worst part of the day occurred yesterday when I found out that Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup. So now that is two of the countries that I root for that failed to qualify for the World Cup. So odds are I probably will not watch the World Cup next year.

I think the worst part of my day was getting out of bed. Oof. I want to be asleep.

You do enough talk, my little hawk, why do you cry?
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . instagram

One of my meals turned out to be nothing but fat and gristle. It was a Korean beef dish that looked great on the cover. I'm quite disappointed right now. >:I

Currently working on a project for NaNoWriMo ~

Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)

I got to come home early today... only because I threw up at work after feeling crummy the whole day. I don't even feel that sick otherwise but my stomach is super upset and I don't know why. : (
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13800 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 22600 REs | Platinum BQ #4 - Cranidos - 200 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 6000 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #3 - 1167 SRs - 8/14/17

With every broken bone, I swear I lived

My employer decided it would be OK to cut my hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    My employer decided it would be OK to cut my hours.
    I'm real sorry this is happening. Maybe you could take advantage of thinking that now, you won't have to deal with that slacker on the team. I hope you find something better.

Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    I'm real sorry this is happening. Maybe you could take advantage of thinking that now, you won't have to deal with that slacker on the team. I hope you find something better.
    Your optimism is amazing satopi!

Sadly this job is making me miserable and although I should be happy I don't have to go in as much - it's the fact that I will now have to go through processes to try and reclaim that day, while also informing benefits people that I'm not working as much.

Also I asked for time off next weekend and didn't get it but that's the least of my concerns.

Looking elsewhere desperately - I don't think my current job is run well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Your optimism is amazing satopi!

Sadly this job is making me miserable and although I should be happy I don't have to go in as much - it's the fact that I will now have to go through processes to try and reclaim that day, while also informing benefits people that I'm not working as much.

Also I asked for time off next weekend and didn't get it but that's the least of my concerns.

Looking elsewhere desperately - I don't think my current job is run well at all.
    Hey, that's what I'm saying with my current job! I see and now that's going to be an annoying hassle. @_@

Since you know your current job isn't running well, it's best that you leave before it gets even worse. Trust me, I stood by my job through thick and thin where it at one point got better, only for it to quickly turn out 2x even worse. Keep looking out for those opportunities!! You could always try out a different job temporarily until you got the job you wanted. I seriously hope you hear back on a better job soon!!
    Last edited by satopi; 16th November 2017 at 7:40 AM.

A friend of mine on Instagram just posted to say that they're leaving the site. I understand that they probably have reasons to leave but it doesn't stop me from feeling really sad, since they were really fun to talk to and they were one of my main inspirations to keep on drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    Hey, that's what I'm saying with my current job! I see and now that's going to be an annoying hassle. @_@

Since you know your current job isn't running well, it's best that you leave before it gets even worse. Trust me, I stood by my job through thick and thin where it at one point got better, only for it to quickly turn out 2x even worse. Keep looking out for those opportunities!! You could always try out a different job temporarily until you got the job you wanted. I seriously hope you hear back on a better job soon!!
    Yeah...

put on my adulting pants today and asked my boss why my hours had been dropped - apparently it's because it's not as busy so there is less need for me to come in. Like, sorry the business isn't running as well as expected?

One plus is that it sounds like I'm unwittingly gone on a zero hours contract which means I can refuse weekends if it's the case. At least I'm still getting paid...for now xD

Ultra Sun came out on payday too, just in time

Fell out of bed and now my arm is really effin' sore. At least I have Ultra Moon to help ease the pain I guess. :T

Currently working on a project for NaNoWriMo ~

Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)

sheridan has sent me my info but the entire faculty is on strike. the website says that it wont effect me just yet, but it's been a whole month so the year may be significantly cut.

also my backup school has probably accepted me but im still anxious about that :P

Welp another complaint about my job.

This time it's more legitimate. One of the slackers on the team ended up not turning up so got sacked. This left us with his workload on an already busy shift. Another two staff had left the day before as well which isn't helping, considering hours are dropping across the board...

On top of that my hands and feet were more or less ruined due to the amount of scrubbing I needed to do. I got blisters from running around so much. Also back pains but that's becoming bearable.

Thankfully I was given an extra day off next week so I won't be doing one weekend and can spend it recovering and hanging with friends. I shall use the weekdays to think about a plan of action.

EDIT: I have found a funny picture that accurately describes my situation. Sometimes Front Of House can annoy me so much...

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Frozocrone; 20th November 2017 at 5:36 PM.

Residents at this assisted living facility I work at have been getting the flu since last Tuesday and now people at my home have been catching colds. It's going to be very hard trying not to get sick before or during Thanksgiving break and my hands are extremely dry and cracking from all the hand washing I've been doing the past week. :/
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Not getting support over a decision that's only going to affect me. I know I am by all means capable and legally able to move to wherever I want to but it would be nice to get some supportive words. I mean, I'm the one making this life changing decision all by myself. I wish I didn't give a f*** but I don't know, I'm just not programmed that way. I do give a f*** and I'm ok with that but I will do what I believe will benefit me then to stay unchanged and allow others to control my life.

Getting told that the fifth grade teacher would do a joint teaching exercise, only for her to leave me with the kids alone for nearly the entire class. Fifth graders can be crazy/hyper without the head teacher in the classroom to keep them on track. Luckily I had the lesson already planned out just in case, still it was a hectic experience.

I had booked time off work to spend time with a friend but they have to be away for the time I booked off.

Doubt I'll get a weekend off for a while now.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849