Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mother/Earthbound club.

Default The Mother/Earthbound club.

Welcome to the....

(I made the banner)
    Here we talk about the strange, funny, heartrending series that's for kids, adults, and even young women! Remember, no crying until the end! If you're a fan of the series, you came to the right place! You better read the rules first, or else you'll be in deep doo doo with the club staff and me.

Rules!
    1.Read the SPPF rules, cause they apply here as well!
    2.You're gonna have to fill out sign up sheet if you wanna post here.
    3.Should we get any buttons and such, you can't put them in your signature unless you're a member. Do not join just for them though, you must have made at least 10 posts in the club to be able to put one in your signature. (Again, this is assuming if we will get some of those items)
    4.Stay on topic, don't be trolling or spamming!
    5.No one-liners like 'okay' or 'yeah, I like that'. Type something meaningful
    6.Not a fan of Mother? Don't join.
    7.Breaking the rules will involve in strikes. The number of strikes depends on your punishment.

Strike 1:Warning.
    Strike 2:24 hour ban.
    Strike 3:1 week ban.
    Strike 4:2 week ban.
    Strike 5:1 month ban.
    Strike 6:That's it, you're permanently banned.

Follow the rules and you should have no trouble at all. Kay-o?

Member List
        Spoiler:- Members:

Spoiler:- Striked members:

HTML Code:
    Your username please:
    Who's your favorite Mother character?:
    What's your favorite Mother game?:
    Why did you join?:
    Here's mine for example.

Your username please:Prince Fluff the Second
    Who's your favorite Mother character?:Mr. Saturn, he's such a funny little guy!
    What's your favorite Mother game?:Mother 3, such a heartwrenching game. It improved a couple of things wrong about Earthbound. Call me a person who likes overrated stuff but if anything, it's a little underrated.
    Why did you join?:I want to meet more fans!

Topics
    What's your favorite PSI move?
    What's your favorite non PSI technique?
    Do you name characters by their defaults or your own?
    Last edited by Lluc; 31st October 2013 at 12:56 AM.

SQUEEE Finally there's a club for Earthbound~
    Your username please: supersmew
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Loid
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 1
    Why did you join?: I... Like Earthbound... I.... Feel that's a bit obvious though.

Saaatoshi!

Your username please : Minedreigon
    Who's your favourite Mother character?: Flint or Claus
    What's your favourite Mother game: Mother 3
    Why did you join?: I like mother. Simple enough.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I suck at these games but I love them so much /)^3^(\

Your username please: Skytorn
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: I am obsessed with the Mr Saturn's. Yes, all of them.
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Earthbound/Mother 2
    Why did you join?: Ummm... I like the series?
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    SQUEEE Finally there's a club for Earthbound~
    Your username please: supersmew
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Loid
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 1
    Why did you join?: I... Like Earthbound... I.... Feel that's a bit obvious though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Your username please : Minedreigon
    Who's your favourite Mother character?: Flint or Claus
    What's your favourite Mother game: Mother 3
    Why did you join?: I like mother. Simple enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytorn View Post
    I suck at these games but I love them so much /)^3^(\

Your username please: Skytorn
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: I am obsessed with the Mr Saturn's. Yes, all of them.
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Earthbound/Mother 2
    Why did you join?: Ummm... I like the series?
    All three of you are accepted! Have fun!
    There's some topics in the first page you can discuss, or you can talk about any EB news, or just start a topic right now!

I think I'll probably go ahead an answer some topic questions.

I really like PSI rockin for some reason.
    As for my favourite non PSI technique, I am a fan of Flints' s power smash and Lucas's PK love (would PK count as PSI?)
    I use the defaults, I don't really know why.

I've always found mother 3 to be my favourite. I really enjoyed it, and my favourite chapter was probably chapter 7 (but I did cry watching chapter 6)

Finally a Mother club, awesome!
    Your username please: Retro-Chaos X
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Kumatora
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 3
    Why did you join?: I love the series and I'd love to talk to some other fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    Finally a Mother club, awesome!
    Your username please: Retro-Chaos X
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Kumatora
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 3
    Why did you join?: I love the series and I'd love to talk to some other fans!
    You are Accepted! Welcome aboard!

I guess it would make sense if I too answer some topic questions.
    PSI Freeze, doesn't cost much, does good damage and I like it's Earthbound animation! PK Freeze gamma was so useful for me on my playthrough, makes a bulky enemy so easy to take down!
    Duster's thief tools, he debuffs bosses with those and makes it easier to take it down. Smoke bomb saved my butt during the fight with Mr. Passion
    I like giving them my own names. I feel the developers wanted you to associate with the main characters so I named them after me and my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Fluff the Second View Post
    You are Accepted! Welcome aboard!

I guess it would make sense if I too answer some topic questions.
    PSI Freeze, doesn't cost much, does good damage and I like it's Earthbound animation! PK Freeze gamma was so useful for me on my playthrough, makes a bulky enemy so easy to take down!
    Duster's thief tools, he debuffs bosses with those and makes it easier to take it down. Smoke bomb saved my butt during the fight with Mr. Passion
    I like giving them my own names. I feel the developers wanted you to associate with the main characters so I named them after me and my friends.
    I tried naming them after me and my friends (my cousin was Claus, I don't have a bro ) it was cool, but I prefer the defaults.

Mr passion was easy for me. Just spam PK fire and use smoke bomb. That "everything but the kitchen sink" attack is damn good though.

Giygas was a bit disturbing, but not really difficult. My favourite boss was the masked man from chapter 7, not 8, since you can attack. I did not spam PK Ground, it's a bit OP. (Yes, I did cry at the end of chapter 8)

I guess Kumatora is cool, but flint has got to be my favourite, or Claus. Ness and Paula were interesting, especially at the end, when she was going to tell Ness "something" (we all know what she was gonna say...) as it shows an actual (possible) relationship. Tbh you would probably grow feelings for someone after traveling with them for a long time. (I know I would)

Who's your favorite magypsy?
    I really like all the magypsies but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Mixo- no I mean Missy~ (Mixolydia). She's (If that's what the magypsies are trying to be, I'll refer them as females) got the longest name and quite a beautiful one. I like her more fierce attitude compared to the other sweet magypsies (discounting Locria), her lines in chapter 1, the fact she smacks Lucas' party so snap them out of the hallucination, and the fact she set up three guards so powerful the pigmasks (which includes the Masked Man who easily knocked out Lucas' party without the Franklin Badge) had to wait for Lucas' team to defeat them added some awesomeness points to her. Finally she's the most feminine of them all.

Your username please:Sylveon
    Who's your favorite Mother character?:Giygas, because of it's tragic descent into evil, fascinating final boss battle in Earthbound, and all the theories/creepiness!
    What's your favorite Mother game?:Earthbound, because it's the only one I legitimately own(A SNES cartridge and the Virtual Console version)
    Why did you join?:To meet up with other fans, discuss Giygas and Porky/Pokey, and talk about Chuggaaconroy's LPs of the Mother series!
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylveon View Post
    Your username please:Sylveon
    Who's your favorite Mother character?:Giygas, because of it's tragic descent into evil, fascinating final boss battle in Earthbound, and all the theories/creepiness!
    What's your favorite Mother game?:Earthbound, because it's the only one I legitimately own(A SNES cartridge and the Virtual Console version)
    Why did you join?:To meet up with other fans, discuss Giygas and Porky/Pokey, and talk about Chuggaaconroy's LPs of the Mother series!
    You are accepted! Have a great time! I started getting into the Mother series through Chuggaconroy's let's play.

For the love of Hillary Duff on a stick, why didn't you say so!

I got into it because I was curious about who Ness really was back when Super Smash Bros. came out, and I unlocked him...
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

^ That's what inspired me to look up an LP. Chuggaconroy was informative so I chose his. When I watched all three I started getting into the series. Looking back though I wish I played it myself instead since that seems to be a better experience. I learned from that though.

Joining this *^*

Your username please: Auaria~
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Kumatora :>
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Earthbound P:
    Why did you join?: Because I like the Mother series >.<

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    Joining this *^*

Your username please: Auaria~
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Kumatora :>
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Earthbound P:
    Why did you join?: Because I like the Mother series >.<
    You are accepted missy! Great to have you aboard too! Kumatora's my favorite Mother 3 party member.

It is awesome...I just wonder why Nintendo would keep Mother 3 from us, and not recognize that Earthbound came out here until that blessed fan petition saved the franchise herein.
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylveon View Post
    It is awesome...I just wonder why Nintendo would keep Mother 3 from us, and not recognize that Earthbound came out here until that blessed fan petition saved the franchise herein.
    One of my wishes as a Mother fan is Mother 3 to be released internationally. I would like more people to experience this game and see it's wonderful story.

Your username please unresponsive
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: kumatora, mr. saturns, ness
    What's your favorite Mother game?: hmm probably mother 3, i had a lot more fun with it than i did EB. i like EB a lot but it felt more like a chore and m3 had a great battle system
    Why did you join?: games fun thing playin' yeahhh. nah i'm new and naturally gravitated here
    3DS FC: 1821 9722 6232
    Name: Bosch
    Zone: Fighting. Contains Meditite/Pancham/Hariyama
    Currently: breeding 5IV Corphish
    For trade: GEN6 5IV LIST

Quote Originally Posted by unresponsive View Post
    Your username please unresponsive
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: kumatora, mr. saturns, ness
    What's your favorite Mother game?: hmm probably mother 3, i had a lot more fun with it than i did EB. i like EB a lot but it felt more like a chore and m3 had a great battle system
    Why did you join?: games fun thing playin' yeahhh. nah i'm new and naturally gravitated here
    You are accepted! Everyone's welcome, even new members!

Your username please: CMDShift4
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Ness or Jeff
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 2 and 3
    Why did you join?: I don't think I can ignore this, knowing how dang great the game and its soundtracks. Loved it.

Your username please: Loki's Lysander
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Lucas! His journey mirrors my own, going from coddled crybaby to strong and dependable.
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 3, hands down. It makes me cry.
    Why did you join?: I have always loved Mother/Earthbound, but never found a group that even know what the games were. It's nice to see people here that are familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Your username please: CMDShift4
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Ness or Jeff
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 2 and 3
    Why did you join?: I don't think I can ignore this, knowing how dang great the game and its soundtracks. Loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki's Lysander View Post
    Your username please: Loki's Lysander
    Who's your favorite Mother character?: Lucas! His journey mirrors my own, going from coddled crybaby to strong and dependable.
    What's your favorite Mother game?: Mother 3, hands down. It makes me cry.
    Why did you join?: I have always loved Mother/Earthbound, but never found a group that even know what the games were. It's nice to see people here that are familiar with it.
    Woah, this club is getting a little bit popular! You two are accepted! The more the merrier!

Discussion has been quiet lately so I'll ask something. What do you think what will happen to the series in the future?

With the amount of people purchasing Earthbound from the Wii U virtual console we're all getting optimistic about the other 2 games being localized. I'm not expecting a release of Mother 3 or 1 but I'm not completely thinking they will not be released either. I can't say a percentage of probability of them being localized. It's more like I have an attitude that they won't be released but I check up on Earthbound news frequently still to see if they will after all.

If I had to choose which would more likely be localized, I'd say Mother 1 since NES games is what most people think of when you mention Virtual console, plus they have a protoype. The only problem would be the title..

As much as I would love to see Mother 3 finally localized, I doubt it will happen. I do agree that Mother 1 will probably get the localization and possible (?) enhancement. However, they would have to change the title, as Earthbound is still believed to be the first game when in reality it's the second. Unless they call it Earthbound Zero, and then if they did Mother 3 it would be Earthbound 2 or something else like Earthbound Rising. -shrug-

I do remember at some point Nintendo said they weren't completely dismissing the Mother series. I still think it's highly underrated.

Dubstep/DNB before it was invented:

The Mother series is the most unique gem of all Nintendo games and that's just me. Oh well, the series is full of aliens. :-) Loved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast