View Poll Results: Which Kalos Starter will Ash choose?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fenniken

3 10.34%
  • Chespin

8 27.59%
  • Froakie

11 37.93%
  • All. He won't be given one, they'll come to him.

7 24.14%

Thread: Who will be Ash's Kalos Starter?

Default Who will be Ash's Kalos Starter?

Will Ash choose Chespin, Fenniken or Froakie as his starter in Kalos? Or will Ash probably do something stupid and one/all the starters will come to him eventually. I'm under the assumption that Froakie would probably be the safe choice. Ash has two fully evolved Fire and Grass Starters but lacks any fully evolved or even evolved for that matter water starters. I don't think Chespin is an outlandish choice either, but another fire type doesn't seem likely.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 3rd August 2013 at 4:04 AM.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I think ash will get chespin and froakie because ash has always gotten the grass starter and froakie looks like it has the potential to be good comedy relief

Fennekin because she's the most popular out of the three and the writers always give Ash the most popular regional Starter Pokemon.

Well that depends in what direction the show goes in, will the Kalos region have Ash;

1. Have Ash to obtain only one of the starter and have the other two starter go to Ash's travel companions.
    2. Have Ash obtain only two of the starter and have the third one go to Ash's travel companions.
    3. Have Ash obtain all three starter.
    4. Have Ash obtain none of the starter- this is the least likely option that the writer will choose.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Well that depends in what direction the show goes in, will the Kalos region have Ash;

1. Have Ash to obtain only one of the starter and have the other two starter go to Ash's travel companions.
    2. Have Ash obtain only two of the starter and have the third one go to Ash's travel companions.
    3. Have Ash obtain all three starter.
    4. Have Ash obtain none of the starter- this is the least likely option that the writer will choose.
    2 or 3 are reasonable. Ash will probably end up getting all three. The new Prof. won't give it to him, he'll help one that was abused by a former trainer, one will follow him, and he will help another, all 3 will join up. From what i remember that seems to be the usual trend.

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Fennekin because she's the most popular out of the three and the writers always give Ash the most popular regional Starter Pokemon.
    It'll be a he like all starters are 87.5% of the time

Nope. Still hate megas.

Hopefully Froakie, Satoshi really needs to main a Water-type starter at least once. Chespin in the worst scenario. Fennekin? No, thanks.

the writers always give Ash the most popular regional Starter Pokemon
    He didn't get Torchic. Piplup's also pretty up there in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    He didn't get Torchic. Piplup's also pretty up there in popularity.
    Actually I think Mudkip is the most popular Hoenn starter, but Ash still didn't get it.
    As for my own choice, I can see Ash with Froakie very well. It reminds me of Chimchar. I really hope Ash chooses Froakie. Chespin or Fennekin wouldn't be bad either, so I won't complain.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Actually I think Mudkip is the most popular Hoenn starter
    Mudkip didn't reach meme status until 2005; a few years after Generation III began.

At the time Advance Generation was being worked on and at the beginning of the series they were promoting Torchic and Blaziken in a big way. Being the first Starter with a form shown in the anime (and beating Charizard at League) did a lot to boost Torchic's early popularity.

I bet he's going to have both Fennekin and Chespin ;3 I can sense it XD nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Actually I think Mudkip is the most popular Hoenn starter, but Ash still didn't get it.
    As for my own choice, I can see Ash with Froakie very well. It reminds me of Chimchar. I really hope Ash chooses Froakie. Chespin or Fennekin wouldn't be bad either, so I won't complain.
    Yea, if it werent for the meme, mudkip might be the least popular actually.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I'm going to predict chespin or froakie. While I personally would prefer chespin to go to the new female (break the tradition of ash getting every grass starter.) If he only gets one that would be my prediction. Froakie is possible i just think if he is only going to get one it would be chespin. Especially given that Ash is probably going to have a talonflame eventually and clauncher is my prediction for his water type. Of course this prediction is based on the idea that he will only get one like in the advanced saga which could easily be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Mudkip didn't reach meme status until 2005; a few years after Generation III began.

At the time Advance Generation was being worked on and at the beginning of the series they were promoting Torchic and Blaziken in a big way. Being the first Starter with a form shown in the anime (and beating Charizard at League) did a lot to boost Torchic's early popularity.
    Oh, I didn't know. It's just that, when I see some polls (here or on internet), Mudkip always seems to be first, and I don't know if even here, Mudkip is popular because of the meme or because it's really a popular starter...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I just see Ash with Fennekin. It fits him. As much as I want him to get Froakie, he won't. Chespin and Froakie seem like they would fit best with other characters.

Why isn't there a 'None' option? Yeah it is unlikely that the writers make it so Ash doesn't get a Kalos Starter but I'm sick of Ash always catching a starter, I think they need to change the record for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    Why isn't there a 'None' option? Yeah it is unlikely that the writers make it so Ash doesn't get a Kalos Starter but I'm sick of Ash always catching a starter, I think they need to change the record for once.
    I didn't add a 'None' option due to it being highly unlikely. I feel that the amount of rage would skyrocket if he didn't get any.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 4th August 2013 at 3:59 PM.

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I didn't add a 'None' option due to it being highly unlikely. I feel that the amount of rage would skyrocket if he didn't get any.
    They have to give him one. That's how they promote the games too, by using the starters in the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    You can be sick of it, but you think it really would happen?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    You can be sick of it, but you think it really would happen?
    Sadly, I know that it would never happen, I just personally think that it should.

I pretty much agree with you which is why I didn't vote. I don't want him to get a Starter, and if he does I don't care which one he gets.

I just hope it doesn't get in the way.

Here's the pattern so far:

Grass, water, fire
    Grass, water, fire
    Grass
    Grass, fire
    Water, Fire, Grass

What's funny about this pattern? My guess is either all of them or Froakie and Chespin

Fennekin or Chespin maybe ?

I'm hoping Froakie will be Ash's only Kalos Starter, at least it better be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'd like him to only have one, just so it shows that Ash's companions will get some focus and hopefully have an active goal themselves. If this is the case though, I really don't mind which one he gets. I'd also be happy if he gets two. If he does my preference would be for him to get Chespin and Froakie, Froakie being the main starter powerhouse and Chespin carrying on the Grass-type starter tradition.
    {Insert signature here}