Page 48 of 658 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

The triforce is finally complete we have Goku the Blaziken, Vegeta the Lucario and Frieza the Mewtwo!

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Actually, that is the problem. We're handing out Megaevolutions to Pokemon already with a 530 base stat total, higher than most other non-legendaries in the game. And then we're handing out whatever ability will suit them the best like candy. Which will make them OP.
    We don't know if it effects stats yet. It just seems weird that people are moaning about the metagame, GF obviously care about it thats why they introduced Fairy. I highly doubt GF are going to introduce something that helps the metagame and them throw something out that will damage the metagame after they've literally just announced they're trying to fix it.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Are we talking about the same Mawile? Because I've never found Mawile to be even remotely popular. It's always been one of those Pokemon that people forget even exists. I'm not talking competitively either. I just mean that Mawile has never been a hot commodity. I think its counterpart (Sableye) is more popular. Oh heck, GF will probably give it a mega form too. Well that would be neat to see.
    Yes, Mawile has always been popular among the Western world, and maybe even in Eastern countries. It's never usually forgotten, and most people bring it up time and again about how it needs an evo to bring up its awful stats.

This is the weirdest thing. Like. What even.

I'm not opposed to old Pokemon getting new forms that give them a bit of a boost, but this... it's just so darn bizarre. I'm especially disappointed that Mawile and Absol (and Lucario, I guess) didn't get ACTUAL evolutions, considering that those two in particular really could have needed them. I hope there are some more legit evolutions besides Sylveon. Also, Blaziken getting this is really strange with it being a starter and all. I wonder if Swampert and Sceptile will get one too?

As for the actual designs, I really like MegaMawile and MegaAmpharos (the newest pop queen!) and MegaAbsol is okay. Blaziken and Lucario look kind of ridiculous though (Lucarios why do you have Giratina arms).

Are we talking about the same Mawile? Because I've never found Mawile to be even remotely popular. It's always been one of those Pokemon that people forget even exists. I'm not talking competitively either. I just mean that Mawile has never been a hot commodity. I think its counterpart (Sableye) is more popular. Oh heck, GF will probably give it a mega form too. Well that would be neat to see.
    From what I've seen, Mawile was one of those Pokemon that was hyped when it first came out because it was a pure steel with high attack, and it was a good mix of cute and cool looking. However, it ended up being disappointing. Therefore, people have always wanted an evolution in order to make it as viable as they once imagined. Sableye basically went through the same thing, only it was its typing that was hyped up.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    I'm sure a permanent evolution would also bring with it good typing and abilities, and it would also raise the stats a lot more than a form would.
    One thing I think is for sure in this case -- implementing good typing, good abilities, and stat manipulations in a not-so-ideal way is better than not implementing them at all. I admit, I would've liked evolutions better than Mega-Pokémon, but as far as things that exist and that I can't do anything about are concerned, I don't mind them.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    You got me on the Magmar and Electabuzz thing since they are supposed to be counterparts. It may be favoritism, or it can be a simple oversight. Looking at total BSTs there does appear to be a number fires, but how it is being pandering is completely subjective, is it stats, moves, formes, to what, etc... My point is while they are most likely being pandered to, their is no empirical way to prove this. Nonetheless, is being favored unfair, yes, but what can you do, this world unfair as is, it's not going to change anytime soon.
    Haha, yes, I totally agree with that last sentence!

Dual type attacks will be the icing on MegaEvolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    My thoughts on the Mega Pokemon:

MegaBlaziken: Definetly will outclass most of the fire starter evolutions, especially Infernape and Typhlosion
    MegaLucario: Claimed! A force to be reckoned with
    MegaAbsol: About time it got an evolution
    MegaMawile: Has Iris been turned into a Mawile!? No seriously it looks like Iris (that dress)
    MegaAmpharos: Like I mentioned earlier, a hinderance to itself. Worst one so far
    MegaMewtwo: No comment we know it already
    ...Your reasons for disliking Ampharos still come off as unreasonable, to me.

Your hatred for it seems to be purely cosmetic, and it makes zero sense from the point you're trying to justify: that it's "a hindrance to its former self" when it was clearly designed above it (at least in a combat sense--by way of looks, that's highly subjective). No offense, but its making me feel like you don't realize what the word "hindrance" means.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    No, I meant Mawile has got Fairy-Type in regular form, but now also has it in mega form XD
    Right. Sorry about that--I just read it wrong. ^^''
    I'd kill for Gardevoir to get Mega Treatment...if it did, I'd be grinning all they way to E4 for sure.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Korumi knows how to understand this mega evolution so ask her and we'll see how these pokemon evos work^^

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Dual type attacks will be the icing on MegaEvolutions.
    If they're executed really well and really are "dual-type" attacks, then I wouldn't mind them, either. But an Ice-type move that gets STAB from Ice-type Pokémon that is super-effective on things that Psychic would be super-effective against is by definition not a "dual-type" attack; it's just a move that swaps one type's offensive matchup with another. It's like saying that Psyshock is both physical and special because its damage is based off of the user's Sp. Atk and the target's Defense; it just doesn't work.

Giving Sableye a Megaevo would ruin it, but removing Prankster.
    And yes, Mawile is popular people don't mention it while talking about battles because well it sucks... Haha.
    If you look at the comics/fanart/animation ect. You'll probably see a Mawile, preferably female.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Guys. Do you know what's really annoying and uneccesary about this issue of CoroCoro?

Your b!tching!

Just don't use it, or stop playing.

Sim. ple.
    Do you know what's also really annoying? People constantly complaining about the people complaining about the Mega Evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    One thing I think is for sure in this case -- implementing good typing, good abilities, and stat manipulations in a not-so-ideal way is better than not implementing them at all. I admit, I would've liked evolutions better than Mega-Pokémon, but as far as things that exist and that I can't do anything about are concerned, I don't mind them.
    Very true.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    We don't know if it effects stats yet. It just seems weird that people are moaning about the metagame, GF obviously care about it thats why they introduced Fairy. I highly doubt GF are going to introduce something that helps the metagame and them throw something out that will damage the metagame after they've literally just announced they're trying to fix it.
    That may be the case, but I don't really understand what additional assets these Megaevolutions will have without changing BSTs, apart from looking cooler (or trying to, in some cases). Maybe BSTs won't change, but I think Lucario's Adaptability and Blaziken's Speed Boost is damage enough.

Guys. Do you know what's really annoying and uneccesary about this issue of CoroCoro?

Your b!tching!

Just don't use it, or stop playing.

Sim. ple.
    The whole point of a discussion thread is to discuss the good and the bad and give opinions. What REALLY isn't needed is people like you complaining about it and telling people to shut up every time they have an opinion that isn't completely positive.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Mega evos is definitely shocking news, but I am not keen on it at all. I don't like the designs shown and I liked all of them just the way they are. Mawhile and Absol were the only ones I wouldn't have minded seeing an evo of, but I would greatly have preferred just a normal evolution. I really don't think mega evos were necessary.

Pokemon Black ........................................ Pokemon White

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    I'd kill for Gardevoir to get Mega Treatment...if it did, I'd be grinning all they way to E4 for sure.
    Same here! GF make it happen!

I think that the real problem is with the name. Mega evolution sounds alot like digimon... That's aside, better gamefreak have a good explanation for that or I'll be so mad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    Do you know what's also really annoying? People constantly complaining about the people complaining about the Mega Evolutions.
    Do you know what's really annoying? People constantly complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the Mega Evolutions.

Two can play this game.

I hated the idea of Mega Evolution Pokémon at first, but then I remembered Darmanitan's Zen Mode.
    If it's kinda like that, than I don't mind the new Mega Evolution Pokémon all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    That may be the case, but I don't really understand what additional assets these Megaevolutions will have without changing BSTs, apart from looking cooler (or trying to, in some cases). Maybe BSTs won't change, but I think Lucario's Adaptability and Blaziken's Speed Boost is damage enough.
    Depends how many Mega formes we get I think, if we have about 50 running around then they won't be so bad, coz against one another, it would be no different from a Ferrothorn taking on a Gengar or something. I get that's it's strange, anything new and unexpected is. GF assured us that Fairys wouldn't take the place of Dragons in the metagame, I doubt these things will either.

GF could also put a cap on things, we're only allowed 1 in our team, they might even be banned outright, for the moment no one can say for sure.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    most people bring it up time and again about how it needs an evo to bring up its awful stats.
    That's literally the only time I've ever seen the species mentioned around here. If the only things that are said about Mawile are negative things like "it needs an evolution" then it's because people perceive it as a bad Pokemon that needs improvement. However, I doubt this new form will appease anyone. It's like when people said they wanted the day/night feature to return and it did in DP but then it wasn't such a big deal anymore and people had neither negative nor positive things to say about it. That's how MegaMawile will be imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    I think that the real problem is with the name. Mega evolution sounds alot like digimon... That's aside, better gamefreak have a good explanation for that or I'll be so mad!!!
    Mega is the Dub name, Ulitmine the Jap name.

okay i would like to swap the mawile mega evo for a zoroark one and just let mawile evolve regularly into that new pokemon. I hope these don't remove the chances of new regular evos from past generations. Still hoping for minun/plusle, parachisru and emogla evolutiions

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    I know i bet once the name changes people wouldn't mind as much^^

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

Guys, MegaStunfisk! Maximum Deripiness Go!

So, with the information we have so far, I was able to come up with a theory on how this will work.
    This will happen only in-battle ( a la Meloetta w/ Relic Song) and will be triggered by an item. Whether it's triggered automatically or something else triggers it (1/4 Hp etc. etc.) (Although that "Mega Stone is bothering me) is still unknown. Whether or not this item is consumable is also unknown. But by that logic, all pokemon should have a mega forme. So far, "Blazikenite" is proving me wrong on that. (Okay, the whole Mega stone and Blazikenite thing is really confusing me) Although it looks likely, whether the pokemon revert back to their original forms upon the end of battle is also still unknown. If they do, then that screws them out of a held item.

While so far, I rather detest the concept of mega forms, if this is the case, then I wouldn't mind my pokemon going super saiyan every now and then.
    But, I still won't like the idea unless they get magical girl transformation sequences when they do the thing.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

Page 48 of 658 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast