Page 101 of 658 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Except that in terms of design new evolutions we're looking at well, evolutions in the form of growth, while none of these mega versions did, partly because it's a temporary stage. So all you get is extra fur, longer tail, sharper claws and the likes. If you have a friend who's half-decent with art he or she can probably do that mega-thing with any Pokemon you like.

And when it comes to functionality, new evolutions receive these stats permanently (if they were a 1/2 stage Pokemon prior to that), so they gain something while losing nothing, which helps to raise their profile and be more on par with other Pokemon in battling capabilities. This mega evolution thingy looks to me like something every Pokemon will receive, hence the generic mega-insertname template, and something that requires a held item (Mega Stone), which deprives you of other held items (unless we're getting two slots, which is silly because every other Pokes would just pull a Choice Scarf + Band/Spec).
    True, but GF have expressed themselves that these aren't traditional evolutions, so the fact you can argue they essentially just gain more detail is actually kind of on point. Thes Mega stones essentially make them a better version of themselves, but this by no means confirms that their normal forms will become redundant. I get that people might be worried about that, but I think GF will realise this.

They arguably aren't an official Pokemon, but they still exist and function the same. These forms by the looks of thinks do have some negatives compared the the original forms, they can't hold items and there could be a few other things as well, we just don't know yet. It feels the same as when you evolve pokemon with an elemental stone, once evolved you gain power but their level up movepool plummets. It's tic for tac, it always has been.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Well I'm somewhat disappointed my hopes for a Mega Evolution for everyone Pokemon(in their final stage of course) won't happen cause on the website it says "it's not possible for all Pokemon"
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- My E3 Wish List:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Master Ask View Post
    Maybe the Kalos Champion is a Mega Pokemon user?

I kinda see that happening actually
    Actually what if Sycamore is the Champion and he uses Mega Pokemon..that would be awesome

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Sooo relieved to see that not all Mega forms will be event only (according to the official site many of the stones are scattered around the region).

But I just can't stop cringing at the naming though - Lucario Megaevolved into Mega Lucario!! Yeah!!11

So cheesy. I like the concept though so W/E.

I don't get the people complaining that a so called "real" evolution would have been much preferred to this though. How is that better exactly? Honestly, for something like Absol I think this is much more fitting; it allows an already well-designed pokemon to retain it's identity while still getting a very nice upgrade. Win-win in my book.
    . . .

personally I hope 25 pokemon out of each generation gets a mega evolution. why? why not?
    I am pretty sure it was confirmed not all pokemon will receive a mega evolution
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    From the official website Mega Evolutions are indeed classified as an evolution but a different kind, despite the fact that there only temporary. This is a quote from the website that I linked to.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats...ega_evolution/
    So it's indeed exclusive to certain Pokemon, and held item-activated. The last time a Pokemon had a decent held item to boost their stats, the items was deemed too powerful and banned in the metagame. Let's hope GF found the sweet spot for stats boosting so that the boost is decent but not overpowered, yet not too weak that it becomes obsolete compared to other held items.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 9th August 2013 at 5:34 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by profpeanut View Post
    Y'know what's some make-or-break piece of info I'd like to know?

If the Mega Stone holder (or whatever's the specific required item) lost his/her item, does he/she keep the Mega evolution, or change back to their normal form?

And if a Mega Stone holder switched into a Magic Room, which supposedly disables held items, does he/she still Mega evolve?
    If the answer to all of these questions turn out to be yes, Magic Room, Trick and etc. will see a massive spike in usage.
    I envision Megas being as pretty strong, but easily removable as an additional drawback. Maybe even arrange it so Megastones will not activate unless the player's team is down to that pokemon alone? Similar to Jin Saotome's Super in the MvC series.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    The majority of all these MegaEvolutions have resulted in increases of Attack or Sp.Attack. The Attack and Sp.Att stats will inflate at a faster rate than the BST. Logically this will all lead to a lot of Pokemon being OHKOed, even without the hits being super-effective. as all these Attack Stats are going up, and no Defense is going up. And, just to please you, here's some proper evidence that everyone has been moaning at me about (however, they don't seem to know what proper evidence is so I will have to advertise it in big flashing lights so they don't miss it). Porygon Z's Adaptability Hyper Beam and Slaking's Giga Impact both are very often OHKOs. Now Lucario has Adaptability, but doesn't even need to recharge. if Porygon Z can hit a Pokemon out for the count without it being super-effective, what will Lucario be able to do? hit pokemon for 240 power with 130+ Attack, 480 power if super-effective. Porygon manages 300 power with 135 Sp.Attack. That it what the game is about to descend into. Pokemon just receiving OHKOs. No strategy. Non-damaging moves fading into insignificance. High defences won't matter, as they are usually associated with Rock and Steel, and can easily be Close Combated and Flare Blitzed to death.
    First of all, please quote my entire post, you are now only trying to pick holes instead of addressing everything I said.

O.k So we now have a huge attack coming from MegaLucario and those numbers are really something to be scared of. But we still don't know everything about them. Ironically the official websites have given us updates on the ones I care about the least actually. They have increased stats, who's to say that some might not go down. Even with a bit of help in Speed, Lucario will still be scared of a scarfed Earthquake or a scarfed anything for that matter. Again you are applying things to the Gen 5 metagame where these MegaPokemon will never ever reside. Until we know more about them and the Gen 6 metagame, you can't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    1. And this is... New? I'm confused what you consider legendaries and psuedo legendaries to be.

To dissenters: Mega-evos are simply a new way of powering up a pokemon. Just like normal evolutions, TMs, EVs, and dream world abilities. They're still achieving the same goal, simply with a new method. The only thing this has in common with digivolving is the temporary-ness. Digivolving (from what I remember) is the pretty much the same as Pokemon Evolution, metamorphisis. While the mega evos are more like, as I and others have said, going 'super saiyan'.
    I understand what you are saying, but first of all, most pseudo-legendaries have double-weaknesses as do many legendaries, and secondly, I would not say the legendaries and pseudo-legendaries are an elite group, what would be classified as "the Über category" if you like. In fact many Pokemon are able to challenge these legendaries, but I am concerned that these MegaEvolution will widen the crack that separates weaker and stronger Pokemon into a massive chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I thought MegaMeganium would be worst. So mega, you need two mega's in a single name.
    MegaYanmega which grows a horn and can usse Megahorn

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    First of all, please quote my entire post, you are now only trying to pick holes instead of addressing everything I said.

O.k So we now have a huge attack coming from MegaLucario and those numbers are really something to be scared of. But we still don't know everything about them. Ironically the official websites have given us updates on the ones I care about the least actually. They have increased stats, who's to say that some might not go down. Even with a bit of help in Speed, Lucario will still be scared of a scarfed Earthquake or a scarfed anything for that matter. Again you are applying things to the Gen 5 metagame where these MegaPokemon will never ever reside. Until we know more about them and the Gen 6 metagame, you can't know for sure.
    Plus the official website says some conditions need to be met first i'm thinking its like blaze where you drop below a certain amount of health. Knock em out before they reach that point it won't be a problem ( if it works out that way)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    Plus the official website says some conditions need to be met first i'm thinking its like blaze where you drop below a certain amount of health. Knock em out before they reach that point it won't be a problem ( if it works out that way)
    Zen mode rehash is what i think it will be

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    Exactly, GF could even say that if you use a MegaPokemon and it faints then you automatically lose the fight. It's like those EX cards or whatever in the TCG where if it faints the opponent gets more prizes or something.

Exactly, GF could even say that if you use a MegaPokemon and it faints then you automatically lose the fight. It's like those EX cards or whatever in the TCG where if it faints the opponent gets more prizes or something.
    That would extremely absurd

I have no problems with the concept of mega-evolution itself. It's a nice addition to the game.

I know people have problems with the fact that already powerful pokemon have received them. This is purely to make the most impact on reveal. Mewtwo, Ampharos, Lucario and Blaziken are some of the most popular powerful ever. Giving them mega-evolutions would create the most buzz upon reveal.

I also have a feeling that Blaziken and Lucario are meant to be counterparts. You'll notice the mega versions each have an X or Y on their chest in fur. that along with the fact they're both fighting types makes me think that they'll both be event pokemon. A Riolu event is likely.

The problems I have with it, is that they have given 1 stage pokemon mega-evolutions, such as Mawile and Absol. These are not the pokemon that should be getting mega-evolutions. These pokemon should be getting regular evolutions that bring them up to par with other pokemon, whilst 2 or 3 stage pokemon that already evolve yet are sill mediocre should be the ones receiving mega-evolutions as a way of fixing that problem.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Choice Scarfing Earthquake against Lucario would form part on my point. Because as you said, if some of the other stats go down like its Speed or Defense which could well happen (even though this is just giving Formes a new name really) will result in MegaLucario being OHKOed. If Lucario hits first, then it's massive power result in OHKOs. So everyone's firing glass cannons everywhere, and at the moment, that doesn't make sense. As there is simply no strategy at all involved, just a lot of same-attack spamming.

So it takes one turn to megavolve it huh..
    Tha sucks noodles...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    That would extremely absurd
    I know, but so is saying that these new evolutions will completely ruin the metagame or Pokemon in general when we don't know everything about them.

The one thing I'd love to see is every Starter getting a MegaEvolution... MEGAEMPOLEON <3
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

I've seen a lot of Digimon comparisons, so I just wanna clear some things up:

- In Japan, Digimon do not 'digivolve', they simply evolve.
    - The Mega level does not exist outside the dub-- it is called Ultimate in Japan and the dub's ultimate is called Perfect. Since the term Mega Evolution applies to Japan as well as the US, the use of the word Mega does not mean they nabbed it from Digimon. In cases like this, you really have to consider the original terminology and not Saban's dubbing.

That being said, I suspect that this is more akin to Super Saiyans from Dragonball Z than Digimon evolutions. Alternatively, this may be similar to Burst Mode from Digimon Savers.

That said, I can almost guarantee that we will be getting a MegaCharizard. It could even be the reason why they reintroduced him in the anime and haven't sent him back to Johto. The way I see it, they will probably make Mega evos for popular Pokémon and ones with fan demand for stronger forms. Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, and other candidates could still gain those forms.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Choice Scarfing Earthquake against Lucario would form part on my point. Because as you said, if some of the other stats go down like its Speed or Defense which could well happen (even though this is just giving Formes a new name really) will result in MegaLucario being OHKOed. If Lucario hits first, then it's massive power result in OHKOs. So everyone's firing glass cannons everywhere, and at the moment, that doesn't make sense. As there is simply no strategy at all involved, just a lot of same-attack spamming.
    Well there we go then, a MegaPokemon down for the count and no longer a threat.

But I doubt Mega upgrades are just going to be given to 'GlassCannons' GF will also give it to more pokemon and make new tanks and make new clerics and more sweepers etc. GF are not going to make these huge power houses and not have some repercussion for using them.

You know, amusingly enough, I think the TCG actually did something like Mega Pokémon before. I think they were called "Lv. X" cards, and they were basically just a stronger version of the Pokémon that you had out which you would "evolve" your current Pokémon into (so you would put your Garchomp Lv. X onto your regular Garchomp). However, I wasn't really into the TCG at the time, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy on the details.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    The one thing I'd love to see is every Starter getting a MegaEvolution... MEGAEMPOLEON <3
    I'd want an double battle with MegaEmpoleon and MegaSamurott.
    They both are my favorite starters c:

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I know, but so is saying that these new evolutions will completely ruin the metagame or Pokemon in general when we don't know everything about them.
    It won't ruin anything, i don't like them myself and won't be using them and if Espeon gets a mega i'll be upset though. Tbh with the metagame i see them having their whole own mode if they're that OP

Quote Originally Posted by Dorked View Post
    I've seen a lot of Digimon comparisons, so I just wanna clear some things up:

- In Japan, Digimon do not 'digivolve', they simply evolve.
    - The Mega level does not exist outside the dub-- it is called Ultimate in Japan and the dub's ultimate is called Perfect. Since the term Mega Evolution applies to Japan as well as the US, the use of the word Mega does not mean they nabbed it from Digimon. In cases like this, you really have to consider the original terminology and not Saban's dubbing.

That being said, I suspect that this is more akin to Super Saiyans from Dragonball Z than Digimon evolutions. Alternatively, this may be similar to Burst Mode from Digimon Savers.

That said, I can almost guarantee that we will be getting a MegaCharizard. It could even be the reason why they reintroduced him in the anime and haven't sent him back to Johto. The way I see it, they will probably make Mega evos for popular Pokémon and ones with fan demand for stronger forms. Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, and other candidates could still gain those forms.
    It's not the mega terminology which makes me think of Digimon, it's the fact that a specific item that when present cause said mon to evolve in battle to a stronger like form. It reminds me to much of the crests from Digimon adventure
    Last edited by mtie123; 9th August 2013 at 5:36 PM.

True, but GF have expressed themselves that these aren't traditional evolutions, so the fact you can argue they essentially just gain more detail is actually kind of on point. Thes Mega stones essentially make them a better version of themselves, but this by no means confirms that their normal forms will become redundant. I get that people might be worried about that, but I think GF will realise this.

They arguably aren't an official Pokemon, but they still exist and function the same. These forms by the looks of thinks do have some negatives compared the the original forms, they can't hold items and there could be a few other things as well, we just don't know yet. It feels the same as when you evolve pokemon with an elemental stone, once evolved you gain power but their level up movepool plummets. It's tic for tac, it always has been.
    I'm pretty sure that all other evolutions, inclusive of stone evolutions, do not have situations where it's tit for tat, since most issues can be resolved by planning when to get the evolutions. Unless you're talking about branched stone evolutions, which usually end up with one Pokemon being always better than the other. This mega thingy function more like formes and/or item boosts because looking past the designs, you're making a choice between keeping the current stats (and maybe type and ability) along with an item of your choice or changing all these with a single item.

Come to think of it, Lati@s with Soul Dew is like a mega evolution without the crazy design and change to type and ability.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Page 101 of 658 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast