Page 102 of 658 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    You know, amusingly enough, I think the TCG actually did something like Mega Pokémon before. I think they were called "Lv. X" cards, and they were basically just a stronger version of the Pokémon that you had out which you would "evolve" your current Pokémon into (so you would put your Garchomp Lv. X onto your regular Garchomp). However, I wasn't really into the TCG at the time, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy on the details.
    It might of been them I was thinking of then, I haven't looked at the cards properly for years. I just remember Jungle packs and stuff xD
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

"Mega evolutions" are very cool, the art is well done (except for mega ampharos, just looks lazy) and I do agree that they give a power boost to pokemon that need them and it does help make sense of theme of the game, but its still pointless and everyone can live without them. A permanent evolution for pokemon who needed them, in my opinion would have just been better and it would have addressed the desire for evolutions for pokemon that need a slight upgrade not a mega boost. They could of went about the mega evolution differently by giving them to pokemon who reached at least stage 1 evolution first, in this way pokemon who need a permanet evolution get one and maybe later on get a mega evolution. I think blaziken and lucario are the last pokemon that need a power boost, be as powerful as they already are. Don't get me wrong i don't hate the "mega evolution" I just don't see the point in it over a permanent evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    It might of been them I was thinking of then, I haven't looked at the cards properly for years. I just remember Jungle packs and stuff xD
    Well, I know you're right about how knocking out an opponent's EX lets you take two prize cards. I just thought it was funny that the TCG already went through a sort of "Mega Evolution" gimmick years ago (although I suspect that they'll be introducing it properly now). :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Exactly, GF could even say that if you use a MegaPokemon and it faints then you automatically lose the fight. It's like those EX cards or whatever in the TCG where if it faints the opponent gets more prizes or something.
    ...This would sting pretty bad. But if all their stats are raised instead of just swapped around, it'll be an understandable nerf in my book. I strongly feel there will be more restrictions on Megas than what's been revealed so far.

Someone else mentioned a link between Megas and Ex/Lv. X Pokemon in the TCG, and I think that's genius deduction right there. It just goes to prove the mechanic was always there, but now that it's jumped to the core games almost everyone opposing it screams it's the Satanic work of Digimon. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    Zen mode rehash is what i think it will be
    ...This would sting even worse; and deter me from even considering Megalution.

If Megas end up this way, people will just use their normal pokemon and Mega popularity will just fall to the wayside. Suppose, like Darminitan-Z, a pokemon gains extra defenses during Megalution. There really would be no point to it for me; seeing how it's already half dead to begin with and will easily get swept under the rug by a SE move of the opponent's choice.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    I find it interesting and a bit exciting that Game Freak is sending players on what's essentially a National Easter Egg hunt for Megastones. This, and the fact they said "they many megastones", lead me to believe there's a sizable list of Megas to be found in XY. 15-20, maybe?

Just how will that Gym Leader play into this? I doubt she'll just tell you the locations of them all, especially if they're tucked away like Hidden Grottoes in BW2. Megastones seem to be a post-game treat at this point, because unless CPU Trainers can run Megas as well, I imagine players will just steamroll over the story with Megas of their choice. XD

On another note...the fact their first DLC for XY is a Torchic, rather than a usual Mirage Pokemon, is a little...disheartening. DW MegaBlaziken will be a MONSTER, but are they implying this will be the only legal way of obtaining any Torchic in next gen games...?

At this point, I'm pretty assured there will be no Gen migration. If there were, I'm sure they would have mentioned it by now (September's Issue of CC promises nothing about it so far): it really seems like they're publicizing everything else but a foolhardy way to get your favorite pokemon from today's games into XY. I'd dare say all these new mechanics, including Megastones, are GF's way of trying to make up for this assumed incompatibility.
    While your worry is warranted, I don't think it will happen since it is akin to shooting themselves in the foot. If we remember the jump from Gen II to Gen III had no backwards compatibility. People were rightfully ****ed. Now, the official reason given was that the Color's and Advance's architecture were far to different from one another, and that is a living nightmare to make compatibility for; it's more trouble than it's worth. Game Freak took advantage of that to revamp the metagame. I'm pretty positive that the DS and 3DS have similar enough architecture that compatibility is of no concern. Now, it'd be hurting themselves because people aren't exactly happy with DLC and if they did what you're suggesting, it will royally **** off their fanbase. It will also be attributed to corporate greed so it will reflect badly upon them. I also think they have mentioned nothing on compatibility because at this point they probably assume that it's to be expected so no announcement is necessary anymore.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Good times my friend good times...

I don't want to wait one turn everytime..
    They'll set up a SS and boom I'm dead >~<

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

first, I still fell a little bit off with the mega evolution terms, I think it's better to call it mega form,, maybe further detail will explain why it's evolution

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    So I just looked at the trailer, and realized something:
    When Mewtwo or Lucario Mega Evolved, at the end of their transformation, the DNA symbol in the Japanese X and Y titles show up above them. Maybe the game has a focus on Mega Evolution specifically, rather then solely on DNA?
    If the game is focusing on mega evolution, it will make no sense, because old pokemon as the main theme of the game?, I don't think so,,

I think XY has something to do with DNA modification, and mega evolution is a result/part of it, it make sense since mewtwo is the first to revealed its megaevolution, and we know that mewtwo is a result of DNA modification,,

in battle, I like to think it as the power boost like gems in genV, but an instant and lasting stat boost is just to much for the balance,, they said attaching mega stone and entering the battle isn't the only requirement, and for the sake of battling, I really hope there's a hard requirement to activate this mega evolution,,
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

Quote Originally Posted by Megaevolution View Post
    "Mega evolutions" are very cool, the art is well done (except for mega ampharos, just looks lazy) and I do agree that they give a power boost to pokemon that need them and it does help make sense of theme of the game, but its still pointless and everyone can live without them. A permanent evolution for pokemon who needed them, in my opinion would have just been better and it would have addressed the desire for evolutions for pokemon that need a slight upgrade not a mega boost. They could of went about the mega evolution differently by giving them to pokemon who reached at least stage 1 evolution first, in this way pokemon who need a permanet evolution get one and maybe later on get a mega evolution. I think blaziken and lucario are the last pokemon that need a power boost, be as powerful as they already are. Don't get me wrong i don't hate the "mega evolution" I just don't see the point in it over a permanent evolution.

Strategy, as I've said before. In all likelihood, Game Freak doesn't just sit and go "hmm who could use an evo? I think you could use an evo, and you, and oh here's one for you; yay, evos for evo-ryone!" They think about what kind of an effect it will have on that Pokémon's playability. How can it take advantage of items? What moves will it be able to learn if it evolves? How will its stats be distributed? (Can you imagine what Blaziken's stats would have looked like if these had been straight-up evolutions? Or Mewtwo's?) All of those things and more are important, and Mega Evolutions provide them with an alternative, should they decide that a standard evolution wouldn't be appropriate.

And it lets them reserve other spots in the Dex for new Kalosian Pokémon.
    Last edited by Endolise; 9th August 2013 at 6:44 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Well there we go then, a MegaPokemon down for the count and no longer a threat.

But I doubt Mega upgrades are just going to be given to 'GlassCannons' GF will also give it to more pokemon and make new tanks and make new clerics and more sweepers etc. GF are not going to make these huge power houses and not have some repercussion for using them.
    My point was that these MegaEvolutions are glass cannons as their Defense would be ultra-frail, and every other Pokemon is a glass cannon, as they are easily swatted aside by a MegaEvolution. As for a MegaEvolution vs a MegaEvolution, e.g., two MegaLucario, its just who moves first wins. That would not be good. Perhaps they would make new tanks, and that would be welcome, but as I said, the Attack stat is more likely to become inflated than the Defense stat, as GF just wants to please the masses.

I am significantly less excited for this idea than I was yesterday, this is nothing truly revolutionary. Game Freak is just misusing the word "evolution" to create extra hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    ...This would sting pretty bad. But if all their stats are raised instead of just swapped around, it'll be an understandable nerf in my book. I strongly feel there will be more restrictions on Megas than what's been revealed so far.

Someone else mentioned a link between Megas and Ex/Lv. X Pokemon in the TCG, and I think that's genius deduction right there. It just goes to prove the mechanic was always there, but now that it's jumped to the core games almost everyone opposing it screams it's the Satanic work of Digimon. Sigh...
    I know it would be bad, but it was meant to be a bit OTT, but at the end of the day if GF want to or have to remove it from the metagame or nerf it, then they have the power to do so and they can implement that power if necessary. As many people have said before, GF care about the metagame coz they introduced Fairy, its highly unlikely that GF would implement something the same generation to make the effects of Fairy basically redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I am significantly less excited for this idea than I was yesterday, this is nothing truly revolutionary. Game Freak is just misusing the word "evolution" to create extra hype.
    I agree. They are nothing more than Formes, just temporary.

Uh guys, remember how we were debating that the Mega stones were held items? Well, it looks like they are, but...

It seems you can hold two of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Uh guys, remember how we were debating that the Mega stones were held items? Well, it looks like they are, but...

I hope the two item held is only allowed if the Pokemon is holding a MegaStone, because if not, goodbye metagame.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    My point was that these MegaEvolutions are glass cannons as their Defense would be ultra-frail, and every other Pokemon is a glass cannon, as they are easily swatted aside by a MegaEvolution. As for a MegaEvolution vs a MegaEvolution, e.g., two MegaLucario, its just who moves first wins. That would not be good. Perhaps they would make new tanks, and that would be welcome, but as I said, the Attack stat is more likely to become inflated than the Defense stat, as GF just wants to please the masses.
    The who moves first rule has applied for years, everyone wants to have their pokemon faster (Unless slower for Gyro and shizz) so it's nothing new really. Again until we see what they're like, we're not going to know, by the looks of it it will just be MegaBlaziken and a few other running around at first, maybe a few more that can be used and found ingame. Again I'm sure there will be some sort of repercussion if it's necessary.

They could just ban the MegaEvolutions.

It isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I don't want to wait one turn everytime..
    They'll set up a SS and boom I'm dead >~<
    Wait a minute. Where exactly did you hear that it'd take a turn to kick in, considering you're not just speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    While your worry is warranted, I don't think it will happen since it is akin to shooting themselves in the foot. If we remember the jump from Gen II to Gen III had no backwards compatibility. People were rightfully ****ed. Now, the official reason given was that the Color's and Advance's architecture were far to different from one another, and that is a living nightmare to make compatibility for; it's more trouble than it's worth. Game Freak took advantage of that to revamp the metagame. I'm pretty positive that the DS and 3DS have similar enough architecture that compatibility is of no concern. Now, it'd be hurting themselves because people aren't exactly happy with DLC and if they did what you're suggesting, it will royally **** off their fanbase. It will also be attributed to corporate greed so it will reflect badly upon them. I also think they have mentioned nothing on compatibility because at this point they probably assume that it's to be expected so no announcement is necessary anymore.
    ...Thanks for this post--seriously. All of this puts me at ease, considerably.

It really would be a couple steps backward if they clip compatibility out of the blue, especially if they announce an explanation not some band of hackers can work around (The debacle of EA's launch of Simcity will never be forgotten to me). It won't deter me from buying XY of course; but like you said it would throw the entire franchise back into slews of remakes again--and possibly haze their integrity as a franchise, or worse--be labeled a predictable one. And from BW2 onward, GF has proved they're not to be so easily predicted.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

That other item is a repel not a hold item the lucarioinite is light blue indicating its a hold item so that must be the view from the bag.
    Last edited by mew 2000; 9th August 2013 at 6:56 PM.
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

It could just be swapping items, or it's just the bag list. Plus Lucario doesn't have an item box over it's sprite so I don't think it's holding anything in the first place.

hmm... well, it does say it "one" of the requirements to achieve mage evolution... so maybe it'll be really hard to do without killing yourself!

im REALLY happy that it confirms that they are in fact in game, because when it said on the first page of this "not obtained by normal gameplay" i was like *nooooooooooooo downloadable content D:* xD

lol, seriously though, maybe the requirements besides the special stone will be hard to achieve... perhaps to the point of putting yourself at risk of losing a battle trying to do it! besides... if some of them are over powered we'll just put'em into a different tier... so just stop the moaning about them being "over powered" and let smogon decide that. :P

i think its nice to have things mixed up again! when i first looked at serebii and saw the pic of blaziken with black legs i thought it was an error! in no way we expected this... yet with the "DNA" patterns on the logos it was right in front of us!

i think its nice that different mechanics are coming into it... X and Y only get more exciting about what theyre gonna be like each time we're revealed soemthing! actually... im trying to chose the time to stop looking here and leave things a suprise... but i can't help but look! xD
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2ic7061.png[/IMG]

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    turtwigs also my favorite pokemon...

I think the other box is showing the bag, not the item that lucario holding,
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

It could just be swapping items, or it's just the bag list. Plus Lucario doesn't have an item box over it's sprite so I don't think it's holding anything in the first place.
    Ah, sorry, false alarm.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I wouldnt call them Mega Evolutions i call them Mega Formes,as it looks like the Mega Stones slightly change its Genetic Makeup,any X and Y likely have a connection too DNA,it futher supports my theory when they break out of the Egg,a DNA Helix is shown above the Pokemon's Head
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Strategy, as I've said before. In all likelihood, Game Freak doesn't just sit and go "hmm who could use an evo? I think you could use an evo, and you, and oh here's one for you; yay, evos for evo-ryone!" They think about what kind of an effect it will have on that Pokémon's playability. How can it take advantage of items? What moves will it be able to learn if it evolves? How will its stats be distributed? (Can you imagine what Blaziken's stats would have looked like if these had been straight-up evolutions? Or Mewtwo's?) All of those things and more are important, and Mega Evolutions provide them with an alternative, should they decide that a standard evolution wouldn't be appropriate.

And it lets them reserve other spots in the Dex for new Kalosian Pokémon.
    Considering that they used a generic template for all the mega Pokemon, I'm placing my bet on the possibility that this would one of those 'introduce a handful at a time' kind of thing over the years, much like dreamworld abilities and Pokemon that gain new evolutions in later gens. And looking at the choice of megas we have now I seriously doubt that Game Freak chose based on what you think they based on, considering that addition to movepool, abilities, stats and typing existed prior to this, the first two quite abruptly between generations and the latter two in the form of formes.

The choices we have seems more like: Which Pokemon are popular with the kids? Which one could do with a boost since everyone complains they were too weak and some are already third-stage? How do we make the concept simple enough to be implemented for any Pokemon we want in the future?
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I'm starting to have the feeling that only Blaziken will have a Megalution because they promote torchic...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Page 102 of 658 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast