Page 103 of 658 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    They could just ban the MegaEvolutions.

It isn't that hard.
    That would just be a rather humiliating fiasco for GF, and at the moment, I think it could be a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post

The choices we have seems more like: Which Pokemon are popular with the kids? Which one could do with a boost since everyone complains they were too weak and some are already third-stage? How do we make the concept simple enough to be implemented for any Pokemon we want in the future?
    Again though, this has been happening for years, why did Rhydon get an evolution while stuff like Mawile/Sableye/Absol needed it more. GF used stuff like Blaziken and Lucario coz they are popular and are a very good way to help promote this new idea. But others such as Absol and Mawile also weren't forgot.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by turtwig9 View Post
    hmm... well, it does say it "one" of the requirements to achieve mage evolution... so maybe it'll be really hard to do without killing yourself!

im REALLY happy that it confirms that they are in fact in game, because when it said on the first page of this "not obtained by normal gameplay" i was like *nooooooooooooo downloadable content D:* xD

lol, seriously though, maybe the requirements besides the special stone will be hard to achieve... perhaps to the point of putting yourself at risk of losing a battle trying to do it! besides... if some of them are over powered we'll just put'em into a different tier... so just stop the moaning about them being "over powered" and let smogon decide that. :P

i think its nice to have things mixed up again! when i first looked at serebii and saw the pic of blaziken with black legs i thought it was an error! in no way we expected this... yet with the "DNA" patterns on the logos it was right in front of us!

i think its nice that different mechanics are coming into it... X and Y only get more exciting about what theyre gonna be like each time we're revealed soemthing! actually... im trying to chose the time to stop looking here and leave things a suprise... but i can't help but look! xD
    ...If every comment were as innocent and enthusiastic as yours, worldwide peace may be restored to our fanbase.
    Joking aside, I share your sentiments--but I don't exactly plan to quit looking up CoroCoros now. I'm in too deep as it is. XD

...I wonder how they'd handle a MegaHonedge...
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Wait a minute. Where exactly did you hear that it'd take a turn to kick in, considering you're not just speculating?

...Thanks for this post--seriously. All of this puts me at ease, considerably.

It really would be a couple steps backward if they clip compatibility out of the blue, especially if they announce an explanation not some band of hackers can work around (The debacle of EA's launch of Simcity will never be forgotten to me). It won't deter me from buying XY of course; but like you said it would throw the entire franchise back into slews of remakes again--and possibly haze their integrity as a franchise, or worse--be labeled a predictable one. And from BW2 onward, GF has proved they're not to be so easily predicted.
    No problem man, your welcome.

Nothing worse than for technology to take a step backwards. Oh yeah, that whole incident. Man, people were mad EA, not surprised though, it's EA after all. Same here, would I still buy it, of course, I've been a fan of the franchise since the Red and Blue days. It would make me a little distrusting of them. You're right about that, Game Freak has been unpredictable as of late, evidenced by their fear of stagnation.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I'm starting to have the feeling that only Blaziken will have a Megalution because they promote torchic...
    hope not, I'm hoping at least all the starter have megaevolution, otherwise it will ruined the balance between them, and I think why blaziken is picked is because they gave speedboost torchic in Japan only in genV,, and that pokemon was really powerfull,,
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

OHHH MY GOD THESE MEGA EVOS ARE THE BEST THEY LOOK SO AWESOME, THANKS GAME FREAK!

That aside, I wonder if the mega stones are only gonna be event exclusive, or they're gonna be side quest rewards

Oh yeah, and if Ampharos gets to be electric dragon (still can't see it, but I'm not complaining), then lets give Charizard a fire dragon mega evo (feels a little weird saying that)
    Last edited by EonDragonFTW; 9th August 2013 at 7:10 PM.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    OHHH MY GOD THESE MEGA EVOS ARE THE BEST THEY LOOK SO AWESOME, THANKS GAME FREAK!

That aside, I wonder if the mega stones are only gonna be event exclusive, or they're gonna be side quest rewards
    Some are scattered throughout Kalos.

...I wonder how they'd handle a MegaHonedge...
    A lightsaber! Anyways, I'm guessing Farfetch'd is getting one.

Since gf basically confirmed that the mega stones are event only I don't mind the megalutions as much now.

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

So are MegaStones called MegaStones when you find them, or are they *insertpokenamehere*nite?

I'm annoyed that people are calling these new Pokemon 'Awakened Forms' when the only one this counts for is MegaMewtwo, because of the fact that it has Amnesia.

Perhaps the restriction to become mega could involve getting all your other Pokemon allies knocked out and your final Pokemon having less than 25% of the HP. And it'll showcase the Pokemon glowing all yellow and screaming "Aaaaahhhhhh!!!" for a whole 1 minute.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Again though, this has been happening for years, why did Rhydon get an evolution while stuff like Mawile/Sableye/Absol needed it more. GF used stuff like Blaziken and Lucario coz they are popular and are a very good way to help promote this new idea. But others such as Absol and Mawile also weren't forgot.
    That actually reminds me of another advantage of Mega Evolutions as opposed to classical evolution: GF doesn't have to think of some brand-new Pokemon design whenever they need to give someone a stat buff, but can only do so through evolution. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the cross-gen Gen. 4 evolutions still don't sit well with people (Magmortar being the worst offender IMO), so this lets GF not have to worry about creating a design that must be similar enough to still belong to the evolution line, but different enough to be considered a separate species. They still have to add to the design to make it look more powerful, but they can do it without having to butcher the base alright-as-it-is design of the Pokemon in question, especially considering that these forms only show up in battle and are hardly their everyday appearances.

Fingo par Res

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    So are MegaStones called MegaStones when you find them, or are they *insertpokenamehere*nite?
    Megastones are the names given to the stones that make the Pokemon evolve to their Mega formes, they have an individual name, like the Lucarionite and Blazikenite we saw.

Its basicly like Elemental stones, we have thunder, water, wtc Mega stones is the general category that all those stones are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    I'm annoyed that people are calling these new Pokemon 'Awakened Forms' when the only one this counts for is MegaMewtwo, because of the fact that it has Amnesia.
    Why are you annoyed? they are awakened formes, it has nothing to do with Amnesia with Mewtwo, Mewtwo was able to unlock his hidden power because of his megastone, they are called mega evolutions but called them awakened(since its the awakening of an hidden power) makes sense, its not hard to understand if you lose 5 minutes to think instead of making an post complaining about it and also inform yourself.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 9th August 2013 at 7:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0danmaster0 View Post
    Since gf basically confirmed that the mega stones are event only I don't mind the megalutions as much now.
    No blaziken's is event only and the most will be foundable INGAME

Also this is my best Signature ever c:

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I wonder if the general term for the group of items is "Mega Stone," but for each Pokemon, it has a different title based on the Pokemon it's intended for. Basically, Lucarionite and Blazikenite are both in an item class called Mega Stones. Something like that, I guess. That may not be right, but that's how I understand it.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

I'm assuming each Pokemon has its own respective MegaStone, which is its name with -ite added.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Perhaps the restriction to become mega could involve getting all your other Pokemon allies knocked out and your final Pokemon having less than 25% of the HP. And it'll showcase the Pokemon glowing all yellow and screaming "Aaaaahhhhhh!!!" for a whole 1 minute.
    Don't be silly, you know it'll take longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by profpeanut View Post
    That actually reminds me of another advantage of Mega Evolutions as opposed to classical evolution: GF doesn't have to think of some brand-new Pokemon design whenever they need to give someone a stat buff, but can only do so through evolution. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the cross-gen Gen. 4 evolutions still don't sit well with people (Magmortar being the worst offender IMO), so this lets GF not have to worry about creating a design that must be similar enough to still belong to the evolution line, but different enough to be considered a separate species. They still have to add to the design to make it look more powerful, but they can do it without having to butcher the base alright-as-it-is design of the Pokemon in question, especially considering that these forms only show up in battle and are hardly their everyday appearances.
    Or, they could've just retconned the stats.

Don't be silly, you know it'll take longer than that.
    I'm already looking forward to Mega-Ampharos 2, 3 and 4, where the white fur grows longer and longer. This makes way for even more epic game battles that last 2 hours just to knock out 1 Pokemon.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I actually like Mega Evolutions as a concept more now, but I still don't really like the Pokemon they gave them too. Ampharos, Lucario and Mewtwo are fine, but selecting just Blaziken (presumably--I doubt that they'll make 18 new megalutions for all of the starters and tie themselves down by having to design megalutions for any new starters) is really weird, and I would have rathered that Mawile and Absol got proper, permanent evolutions rather than what is effectively just a new form.

They've only confirmed that MegaBlaziken is event-only (presumably to give access to a megalution early on without giving access to all of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Megaevolution View Post
    I'm with Hidden Power on this one, I don't fully support "mega evolution" and I don't understand why people are attacking others who share this same view as me.
    Obviously, because your a narrow-minded genwunner who fears change. Obviously.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why are you annoyed? they are awakened formes, it has nothing to do with Amnesia with Mewtwo, Mewtwo was able to unlock his hidden power because of his megastone, they are called mega evolutions but called them awakened(since its the awakening of an hidden power) makes sense, its not hard to understand if you lose 5 minutes to think instead of making an post complaining about it and also inform yourself.
    Really, they are Awakened forms?

What official information tells me this?

THE WEBSITE SAYS WE FIND THE MEGASTONES INGAME(the other ones), why do you guys keep asking it? lose 10 minutes reading the website and you won't make this kind of questions.

-----

Well Valoo I don't think the choices are that bad, Mawile, Absol and Ampharos deserved a boost and like I've said before I doubt the other starters aren't getting it, even if they don't get it on release they can make a DLC for them.

So I've been following the thread since yesterday and I would like to point out some logical things regarding this new mechanic:

- We know NOTHING about their base stats. So stop with "these will break the meta game" for all we know its only a +10 base stat increase. There may even be decreases.
    - Mewtwo and Blazikin are already in the Uber tier. So why are we freaking out? If anything I hope M-Blazikin gets hindered so it can be used in more tiers.
    - More Mega's are here to come, so can we stop with the unfairness of Blazikin getting one? Lord wait until ALL of them are revealed and wait and see if he is the only starter to receive one, and if he is, then complain. Until then what logical point is it to even whine about it when we know NOTHING about the rest of the Pokemon that get them.
    - Needed or not needed, what's the point? Its an optional thing. What would have you suggested they do instead?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Then why on God's Green Earth is your username Megaevolution???
    Please explain this to me, because right now this is a perfect example of blindly disliking something without reasonable basis. Need good examples of what I see as some? Read the quote below. I'm not bashing you by any means; but you have to admit its drawing hypocrisy at face value. =/
    How do you know this was just pure coincidence? Unless he recently made an account...
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Page 103 of 658 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast