Page 105 of 658 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

So, here's something I just thought of that bugged me. According to the main site, Mega Mewtwo seems to get a boost to solely its Special Attack? But in the recent movie, did it not change to Mega Mewtwo and then get a huge boost to its speed? Maybe I'm looking to much into it, and I guess it's not really a problem seeing as it's still got a pretty awesome Speed stat, but just made me wonder was all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    You're just singling us out. Not all of us are treating this the best thing in the world, that's as bias as saying the Digmon anime is better than the Pokemon anime, Gen 1+2 better than the others, etc. I want to see how this goes, not treat it like slice bread, but I am not going to attack GF for 'ruining' Pokemon or 'jumping the shark'.
    I know not everyone is, I said some people are, not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by turtwig9 View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE.

get the game, THEN moan when you have something to properly justify it at least.
    Yeah...unfortunately, this is the Internet. And in this day and age, when the Net doesn't like something it reverberates throughout the whole system far and wide; whether it's right or wrong.

Take me for example: so far, MegaLucario is my least favorite (cosmetically speaking, anyway). Does that give me the right to type up the equivalent of hatemail, writing five or six paragraphs of how much I think "it sux"? Yes. But is it the right thing to do, or even a necessary/rational one that everyone can at least read without getting angered at my childishness? Absolutely not. For someone my age (23), that looks immature on me as a person.

I welcome whatever changes come, since stagnation is a big thing in the videogame industry every franchise must face at some point. I'll admit by the time I reached BW1/s Chargestone Cave for the first time, Pokemon was starting to feel pretty repetitive for me. I'm glad they're switching gears now, and BW2 did the same thing...if you want to hate Megas, fine--just be realistic about it.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

You're just singling us out. Not all of us are treating this the best thing in the world, that's as bias as saying the Digmon anime is better than the Pokemon anime, Gen 1+2 better than the others, etc. I want to see how this goes, not treat it like slice bread, but I am not going to attack GF for 'ruining' Pokemon or 'jumping the shark'.
    Well, to be fair, the Digimon Anime does surpass that Pokemon Anime and the Pokemon Games surpass the Digimon Games. That's just how it is.

LOL its ironic because many have singled everyone who doesnt hold a complete positive view of the game as narrow-minded and overall dont know what they're talking about.

Thats not what the last 5-10 pages show.
    Last edited by IAintObeezy; 9th August 2013 at 8:07 PM.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasimo View Post
    Well, to be fair, the Digimon Anime does surpass that Pokemon Anime and the Pokemon Games surpass the Digimon Games. That's just how it is.
    Because I don't want to get in trouble for going off topic about how the digimon anime isn't as good as people give it and it's many flaws, this is about Megaevolution. So let's stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Thanks guys for answering.

From the looks of it, it's just stored in the regular items bag. I do think it would be better if they given their own storage space though. While going through 20-30 possible stones isn't bad, one for every fully evolved Pokemon would be a waste of space and annoying to go through, even if you do sort. If it isn't given it's own storage space, it seems pretty inefficient to me, but that just me.
    you could just attach the stones you don't want to fodder pokemon in the boxes
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

The first thing I thought when I saw the update is "This is basically digimon". Even the name: "Mega" makes it sound like digimon. But you know what, fine, maybe the designs will be good. But it looks time to general way of thinking was "lets add more and more stuff". Most of them look like they spent too much time hanging with Giratina in the distortion world. And the wings on Absol look so.. irrelevant. I have to say I am disappointed by this. This is is not the direction I would have wanted the franchise to go.

With that sad, I am glad Ampharos and Mawile are getting some spotlight. I always liked these guys.
    Last edited by Atratus; 9th August 2013 at 8:15 PM.

I really think it's not a coincidence that Mega forms coincide with Nordic gods/goddesses. There should to be some method to this "madness", a plot or storyline, a reason for these specific Pokemon. Like Keldeo's other form.

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    Also if the Free Space bag comes back from B2/W2 that's a pretty good storage space. That's where I put all the held items I mainly use.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Yeah...unfortunately, this is the Internet. And in this day and age, when the Net doesn't like something it reverberates throughout the whole system far and wide; whether it's right or wrong.

Take me for example: so far, MegaLucario is my least favorite (cosmetically speaking, anyway). Does that give me the right to type up the equivalent of hatemail, writing five or six paragraphs of how much I think "it sux"? Yes. But is it the right thing to do, or even a necessary/rational one that everyone can at least read without getting angered at my childishness? Absolutely not. For someone my age (23), that looks immature on me as a person.

I welcome whatever changes come, since stagnation is a big thing in the videogame industry every franchise must face at some point. I'll admit by the time I reached BW1/s Chargestone Cave for the first time, Pokemon was starting to feel pretty repetitive for me. I'm glad they're switching gears now, and BW2 did the same thing...if you want to hate Megas, fine--just be realistic about it.
    dude... i swear you must be me, only in the future!

but... can't we all just do what this thread is for? speculation and discussion.

so... speculate on what it might be like, and discuss on what you think it will mean overall. nobody should get opinionated either
    way when we have so little to go on... but, can't we just be happy until we have something for certain to not like?

EVERYONE is inclined to their feelings on if they are positive or negative about the idea, but also the way Game Freak have suprised us in the past and the fact we've been given so little to go on, i'd say we shouldn't keep opinions so strong or in stone yet.

like its been said many times: try the game, then state your opinions. because what some people are trying to do is review a game which hasn't came out yet... and thats just silly.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2ic7061.png[/IMG]

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    turtwigs also my favorite pokemon...

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    Yeah, I guess. It's just something that would be inefficient bugs me, being a Computer Science Major and all, shrug. I'll get over it, it's nothing major after all.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Alright, here's my take on it. If they localize "Mega" to "Awakened". People may be a little more comfortable with it. I'm glad that its held item (similar to giratina-origin form gresious orb). I just hope its not like meloetta using relic song to change forme, but instantaneous. A nice way to think of this as evioilite for evolved pokemon.

But I think it may just not be too broken, now that I know its battle only via items.

If someone were to use knock off, would they revert back to their original forms?
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

So, it's confirmed these new MegaEvolutions are actually going to be called "MegaBlaziken" and "MegaLucario" in the games, as opposed to just keeping their standard species name such as "Blaziken" and "Lucario"?

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Yeah, I guess. It's just something that would be inefficient bugs me, being a Computer Science Major and all, shrug. I'll get over it, it's nothing major after all.
    Oh, I understand your point. I am studying physics in college, so I too get bothered by inefficiency.
    But yes, I hope that there is a way to hold the mega stones that is not too busy/hard to find/organize. A new pocket sounds possible, but I can also see a segment of the "items" or "key items" bags.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    Oh, I understand your point. I am studying physics in college, so I too get bothered by inefficiency.
    But yes, I hope that there is a way to hold the mega stones that is not too busy/hard to find/organize. A new pocket sounds possible, but I can also see a segment of the "items" or "key items" bags.
    That makes two of us studying physics in college. But yeah, I want "mega" to be localized to "Awakened" in the english version. I think people would then not draw parallels to digimon and dbz, if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post

You're one of my new favorite people on the site now. :B

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    That makes two of us studying physics in college. But yeah, I want "mega" to be localized to "Awakened" in the english version. I think people would then not draw parallels to digimon and dbz.
    1. yeah for physics.
    2. I also like the term "Awakened"
    3. I am so tired of all the Digimon comparisons. There is even a rule about it now.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I'd hate to burst all of your bubbles, but English site makes it pretty clear that "Mega Pokemon" is and will be the official term.

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    But yeah, I want "mega" to be localized to "Awakened" in the english version.
    Unfortunately, the English names have been confirmed to be Mega(Pokemon). Not very creative in my opinion.

Alright i'm going to try to cover everything we know about these mega evolutions

first of all when they transform they have a dna symbol above their heads and they hatch from some kind of egg

Of course they need to hold this item. My theory is these stones alter their DNA makes sense since it even changes ampardos's type. I'm thinking team flare will have made these stones in order to make money and sells them for ridiculous amounts. ( how much it takes to buy a bike xD) and of course this theme has been done before remember red gyarados? Team rocket used radio signals to evolve it early. They also come out of an egg like thing as if they were born again with more chormones or more Superior ones? (pokemon down syndrome? xD)

It also seems you need to meet certain conditions i'd like to take a line from the website:

"A Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be able to tap into a strength far greater than it could before. When a Pokémon becomes a Mega Pokémon in battle, Trainers will have a great opportunity to turn a battle around and snag a win!"

Notice the bold turn a battle around and snag a win. That makes it sound like you were losing but thanks to this new form you can become ten times more powerful and end it. Kinda like torrent,overgrow and blaze.

Thats all i got stuff we already knew but i added my theory in there
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Unfortunately, the English names have been confirmed to be Mega(Pokemon). Not very creative in my opinion.
    But I guess that's just a general term for them, which is okay to me. I wouldn't think they change their name into Mega Pokémon in-battle though, as it's basically just a form change?
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'd hate to burst all of your bubbles, but English site makes it pretty clear that "Mega Pokemon" is and will be the official term.
    Well, so much for my bubble of hope....sigh. Atleast, I like ampharos...*please don't make them too broken....

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    If someone were to use knock off, would they revert back to their original forms?
    I would assume so but then do Giratina or Shaymin when you knock their items off?

Perhaps knock off could be boosted to 60 BP this gen

Page 105 of 658 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast