Page 14 of 658 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

I do not know how I feel about this. A part of me is like really excited about this. Another part of me is like . . . . . why do we need this? It's a very interesting concept though. I might warm up to it if they give me a MegaMiltank. Really though, I hope they plan to do this for more than just those four Pokémon. It would be a real bummer to have to wait 2-3 games to just get new Megaforms for our favorite Pokémon. If they plan to do something like this, they better have a whole bunch of Pokémon who can go into the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanima View Post
    Well, since we're all making a wishlist, I could really want MegaHoundoom or MegaWeavile. MegaMetagross
    I just had something pop into my head..MEGADELIBIRD!!!

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

MegaSpinda will Teeter Dance its way out of lots of battle
    MegaFarfetch will hold a brocoli instead of a leek
    MegaDitto will breed 10 times more efficiently
    MegaUnown will now spell Chinese characters

Seriously MEGA pokemon you've gotta be joking I will get use to it I guess but I don't think any of the starters should have a mega form unless all the starters do

I just realized I (kind of) predicted this back when I was a kid

I used to make fake pokemon-like creatures called Megamon and they all pretty much were buffed up pokemon (except they weren't pokemon)

CURSE YOU GAMEFREAK >
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Noturno View Post
    Electric/Dragon Ampharos is cool, but
    Mega Absol with Magic Bounce... is awesome!
    the Anti-Lead its destined to become with Fire, Fighting and Dark Attacks up its sleave

and also priority

Whoa, I can't believe I just woke up to this. Are we sure this is real? Because this is probably the craziest thing to happen to Pokemon in like... ever.

Also, does this mean 4th evolutions are a thing now, because unless Combusken goes straight to MegaBlaziken, I'm pretty sure the Torchic line now has 3 consecutive evolutions.

I'm kind of expecting this to be an event thing or something (maybe like Hidden Abilities), because a lot of these sound like they'd be completely broken.

EDIT: MegaAmpharos would be a 4th evolution as well.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th August 2013 at 6:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This is probably the craziest reveal I've ever seen. But what is the deal with GF always giving Blaziken something cool...why does it have to be my least favorite starter that gets all the good stuff?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

MegaDerpfisk! Oh the terror! Those puddles will never be the same.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by interludes View Post
    Pretty intresting concept, I guess this could work well as a strategy for competitive gaming.

MegaHydreigon; take my money right now!
    Ugh. I don't want to envision mega-pseudos at all--Hydreigon would only get uglier and grow six heads with nine wings! XD

But think about it: now that I've had a chance to let it sink in, I think these MegaForms have something to do with balancing the game somewhat. Like Fairy was created to nerf Dragons, I think MegaForms are actually meant to give pokemon the BSTs necessary to go toe-to-toe with OUs, pseudos and minor legendaries too. (But if that's true...why give one to Mewtwo then? that thing was ABSURDLY powerful to begin with...)

I don't want to jump to conclusions and say all Megas will run 600 BSTs, but let's be honest. We now have MegaBlaziken. MEGA. BLOODY. BLAZIKEN. A pokemon whose DW version was sent straight to Ubers; who--if you're not prepared--will regularly outrun, then sweep, half a team lacking weather and some trap support. M-Lucario will be a beast as well, but in the long run Blaziken just became a legend overnight because of this...they may only be battle-exclusive formes, but it's still VERY game-changing.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Also, does this mean 4th evolutions are a thing now, because unless Combusken goes straight to MegaBlaziken, I'm pretty sure the Torchic line now has 3 consecutive evolutions.
    Mid-battle forms.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Megadoof. Think about it.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    also does this mean Ampharos will get Dragon Pulse this Gen or will it be relying on a Hidden Power Dragon
    I think we can expect Dragon Pulse. Though it already can learn Outrage, so who knows? I'd love to see it learn Dragon Pulse, though, since basically every Dragon type does.

I've already said it, but if we get a Mega Rayquaza, Game Freak can just have all my money. Mega Blaziken already exists now, so if the only Pokemon I like more than him gets this treatment, I'm done waiting. That, and it would be a reason for Rayquaza to finally get a signature move for once.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveemaster View Post
    Every Pokemon should've Mega forme tbh... Like why is it only limited to certain Pokemon and most have solid stat competitively. Mega Forme should've been more for Underused/Neverused Pokes rather than buffing powerful ones..
    You seem to imply that Gamefreak cares about competitive balance.

Like really Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Corsola, Spinda and handful more Pokemon are always forgotten!
    You forgot Qwilfish.

hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

MegaBraviary would be awesome!

I sleep for one day, and pokemon are now digimon. And to top things off, competitive battling just went from hyper offense....to just and only offense. I am not happy. But I am paitient, I need to know if their base stats change, or how to get to their so called "Mega" forme.

Quite frankly, I don't like any of this Mega nonsense, but I won't put it down completely until we learn more about it.

The ONLY Shiny I have ever caught, back in Gold. My file was shortly deleted by my friend...

La Quinta Estacion
    Que te Quería

Quote Originally Posted by Hevanli View Post
    Seriously MEGA pokemon you've gotta be joking I will get use to it I guess but I don't think any of the starters should have a mega form unless all the starters do
    This is NOT a joke, it's a confirmed news. Pokemon are getting Mega evolutions for real.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

MegaGliscor, MegaWeavile, MegaHoundoom... freaking MegaCharizard! Now I really want to see these. I wonder if those from CoroCoro were the only pokemon who get mega evolution or GF is savin some stuff for later.

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    idk how feel. on one hand it is an awesome concept that will give some pokemon a much needed boost. on the other its just an excuse to give pokemon a fourth evolutionary stage. also blaziken it is alrdy powerful it doesn't need a boost. in addition I doubt they will give all starters a mega stage. in that case it will be really unfair. in the ruby/sapphire remakes who would pick swampert or sceptile if you could have mega blazekin
    Ruby/saphirre remakes? Are you people still dreaming about these? We've got completely new breeze in games and all you guys want is this? Besides, mega evolution is going to happen only during the battles (from what I understand), so if someone likes better Sceptile he will use Sceptile regardless of Blazike's new form.
    Last edited by Naito; 8th August 2013 at 6:49 PM.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

Megasceptile to get grass dragon

because sceptile is beast U_U
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

idk how feel. on one hand it is an awesome concept that will give some pokemon a much needed boost. on the other its just an excuse to give pokemon a fourth evolutionary stage. also blaziken it is alrdy powerful it doesn't need a boost. in addition I doubt they will give all starters a mega stage. in that case it will be really unfair. in the ruby/sapphire remakes who would pick swampert or sceptile if you could have mega blazekin

edit: I do hope all starters geta megalution I want to see adragon chaizard or a super blastoise
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    I sleep for one day, and pokemon are now digimon. And to top things off, competitive battling just went from hyper offense....to just and only offense. I am not happy. But I am paitient, I need to know if their base stats change, or how to get to their so called "Mega" forme.
    With a Megastone. And then they Megachange in-battle to a Megapokemon. Megasimple.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

how about Mega Skarmory for a Defensive lead

I wonder what a Mega Lapras would look like?

Here is what Serebii said abot Ampharos in Generation IV:

http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/181.shtml

I hope to see a much more positive statement about Ampharos in Generation VI.

Also, "Mega" is a way to get around the ten-character rule. "MegaAmpharos" is longer than ten-characters, but Ampharos and Blaziken cannot be, without the "Mega."

MegaMewtwo got a pretty lousy ability... it's already outspeed anything that can put it to sleep (besides the odd user who scarf them)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 14 of 658 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast