Page 15 of 658 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Mega kyurem anyone? Original dragon would be cool
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    This is NOT a joke, it's a confirmed news. Pokemon are getting Mega evolutions for real.
    It is confirmed, like NPT has said.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    MegaMewtwo got a pretty lousy ability... it's already outspeed anything that can put it to sleep (besides the odd user who scarf them)
    Darkrai says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    also does this mean Ampharos will get Dragon Pulse this Gen or will it be relying on a Hidden Power Dragon
    I could see us easily getting it with Draco Meteor through an Event, as well. So far, all Dragons can learn Draco Meteor, but if it is not Dragon outside of battle it probably won't be able to learn Draco Meteor which would suck since Draco Meteor is the most powerful Dragon move, and it is Special to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevanli View Post
    Seriously MEGA pokemon you've gotta be joking I will get use to it I guess but I don't think any of the starters should have a mega form unless all the starters do
    Starters have never been equal. For instance, only Emboar was dual-typed starter last gen, and Bulbasaur is the only starter that starts off dual-typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Also, does this mean 4th evolutions are a thing now, because unless Combusken goes straight to MegaBlaziken, I'm pretty sure the Torchic line now has 3 consecutive evolutions.
    Most people seem to have settled on the notion that mega forms will function like Meloetta's Pirouette Forme.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

If a leaker said we were getting a Blaziken evo, we wouldn't have believed them. Well, look what we have here.

This...is too much to bear for me...such a drastic change... fairy was shocking enough but now this? On another note Mega Blaziken is amazing! I just realize that the rumored evolution of Charizard from red and green is now possible! What was it called again? I cannot remember.
    Last edited by divinepokemonXZ; 8th August 2013 at 6:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveemaster View Post
    Every Pokemon should've Mega forme tbh... Like why is it only limited to certain Pokemon and most have solid stat competitively. Mega Forme should've been more for Underused/Neverused Pokes rather than buffing powerful ones..

Like really Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Corsola, Spinda and handful more Pokemon are always forgotten!
    This. But why not give them real evolutions instead?

my 3DS-Code: 1779 - 0543 - 6868

And the good feeling about Pokemon X and Y is fading away. All starters better get a mega evolution.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    MegaMewtwo got a pretty lousy ability... it's already outspeed anything that can put it to sleep (besides the odd user who scarf them)
    unless there is a reason this gen it was given it... think about it lol perhaps we have a new sleep pokemon faster than mewtwo

Wait! What if pokemon with hidden abilities are the only ones that can mega evolve?

I'm hoping that Megaevolutions are the new EX cards.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I'm extremely excited for this.

I want Mega Evolutions for the following:

Blastoise
    Sandslash
    Marowak
    Steelix
    Tyranitar
    Luxray
    Cherrim
    Drapion
    Bisharp

Other megas I see happening for previously introduced Pokemon as there may be newly introduced Pokemon might have Mega Evolutions too(this is all of them as I do not believe all Pokemon let alone Pokemon that dont evolve, legendaries, and final evolution line Pokemon, have Mega Evolutions):

Zoroark
    Scizor
    Garchomp
    Krookodile
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Sableye
    Dragonite
    Mamoswine
    Zebstrika
    Garbodor
    Dusknoir
    Lilligant
    Whimsicott
    Tangrowth
    Togekiss
    Galvantula
    Swampert
    Persian
    Scrafty
    Charizard
    Wigglytuff
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Exeggutor
    Slowking
    Wobbuffet
    Jellicent
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Genesect
    Serperior
    Sceptile
    Empoleon
    Politoed
    Poliwrath
    Swanna
    Staraptor
    Houndoom
    Weezing
    Scolipede
    Mantine
    Octilerry
    Luvdisc
    Huntail
    Gorebyss
    Kingdra
    Emolga
    Haxorus
    Hydreigon
    Druddigon
    Victreebel
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Raichu
    Gothitelle
    Blastoise
    Samurott
    Emboar
    Meganium
    Feraligatr
    Typhlosion
    Torterra
    Exploud
    Sawsbuck
    Audino
    Blissey
    Infernape
    Simisage
    Simisear
    Simipour
    Regigigas
    Celebi
    Kingler
    Walrein
    Klinklang
    Ludicolo
    Shiftry
    Beartic
    Electivire
    Magmortar
    Magnezone
    Probopass
    Drifblim
    Yanmega
    Cofagrigus
    Golurk
    Golduck
    Raticate
    Gyarados
    Milotic
    Heatmor
    Stantler
    Aerodactyl
    Eelektross
    Manectic
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    You seem to imply that Gamefreak cares about competitive balance.
    Well they created Fairy type to balance out the overpower of Dragon type.. So yeah more or less they do care. Like why wouldn't they release a Contrary Serperior and limiting Archeops power with its terrible ability.. I do think they try to balance out the game itself although its really possible they care competitively..

Mega Masquerain for the nth time! I would die happy if GF buffed this little guy!

Mega Masquerain with Drizzle - Bug/Water please please please!!!!!!!!
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

Mega kyurem anyone? Original dragon would. Be cool
    Only one revealed Mega Pokémon so far is legendary. Mewtwo is a Pokémon even people who have not played since 1999 recognize. Kyurem EATS people and Pokémon. How much more Mega can it possibly be?

I'm confused and excited at the same time. I'll need it in laments terms by October 12th otherwise I'll be really lost.

I'm still reeling with shock from this announcement. I instantly thought "crap, now it's really turning in to digimon". However i feel loads better about Mega Evolutions after learning that the formes are only usable in battle. All the Mega Pokemon shown do look incredible though, especilly Blaziken.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Well Gamefreak sure didn't lie when they said biggest scoop of the decade. This is causing controversy every where, and there's been a good mix of positive and negative comments for this.

Some things I've just been thinking in regards to this:

- What is Blazakinite? Could some Pokemon have the ability to permanently stay in their Mega form and is this how? The event Torchic is metnioned to use a Mega Stone, but it comes with an item specially for it.
    - The new Gym leader says to have the key to understanding Mega EVOLUTION , not form. Pokemon always distinct between Form and Evolution unless there was a translation error.
    - Is this form directly accessed at the start of the battle or does it take a turn to settle in.
    - Holy crap Mega Pokemon pdgibsipognbsgpidgsd
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    And the good feeling about Pokemon X and Y is fading away. All starters better get a mega evolution.
    Because introducing optional features makes the game worse somehow?

Aggrons my favorite Pokemon if you couldn't tell.

Spoiler:- Fan Art by Ruth-Tay [url:

3DS friend code: 2148-8147-1931

Quote Originally Posted by Banani View Post
    This. But why not give them real evolutions instead?
    Because they wanted to explore the new gimmick.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Maybe this is how they're planning to deal with the problem of adding new evolutions and abilities from now on. The ones in DP were often quite controversial and adding another optional ability would be a faff, so this way they can cover all of those while still improving the pokemon they'd already made. Being able to evolve third-stage or even legendary pokemon is pretty unbelieveable but this is what they came up with and I'm glad they did!

Quote Originally Posted by divinepokemonXZ View Post
    This...is too much to bear for me...such a drastic change... fairy was shocking enough but now this? On another note Mega Blaziken is amazing! I just realize that the rumored evolution of Charizard from red and green is now possible! What was it called again? I cannot remember.
    I've never heard about that. Could you explain to me that rumour? Google didn't help.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Cant believe im quoting PokeJungle...

A “Megastone” seems to be a collective term for the held items used to Mega-evolve each Pokémon. In the case of Blaziken, its Megastone is called “Blazikenite”.
    So this means that you can use more than one in competitive play as they take the name of the Pokemon so Lucario's will be Lucarioite and Absol's will be Absolite this means that they will be separate Items

MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon, awesome! Though now everyone's going to want Charizard to be Fire/Dragon because of this...

I'm hoping Meganium, Feraligatr, Samurott, Serperior, Luxray, and the like get these forms. As for legendaries, I could see them going two ways: Give them to the popular legendaries (so mascots, Pokemon like Mewtwo, etc. get it) or restricting it to non-mascots to make them feel more special.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 15 of 658 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast