Page 410 of 658 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Yeah...pretty much the ability and possibly typing for some, that make mega evolutions desirable over a held item that boosts stat or damage. But being a dynamic item, (Having the ability to control when you decide to use it) is very innovative and welcome in competitive battling. It will really freshen up the predictable metagame we have so far and allow more diversity instead of dedicated movesets.
    The Venusaur I currently use has a Big Root to boost Giga Drain. If I had to choose between that item and the Mega Stone to get Thick Fat, it's going to be Thick Fat all the way.
    Last edited by PearlDex; 20th September 2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to qupte person I was responding to.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    The Venusaur I currently use has a Big Root to boost Giga Drain. If I had to choose between that item and the Mega Stone to get Thick Fat, it's going to be Thick Fat all the way.
    Exactly, abilities and type are probably the main thing that make them more desirable over other held items.

As a side note, you do know that big root + giga drain will not deal any extra damage to the opponent. It only increases how much HP you heal by 30%, but giga drain still does the same amount of damage as before.

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Exactly, abilities and type are probably the main thing that make them more desirable over other held items.

As a side note, you do know that big root + giga drain will not deal any extra damage to the opponent. It only increases how much HP you heal by 30%, but giga drain still does the same amount of damage as before.
    Of course. But with weaknesses to so many common types of Pokemon (which, again, thick fat partially resolves) Big Root gives me, typically, 1 more turn before Venusaur is out like a light. It's a Dream World Venusaur so its speed (after Houndoom's Heat Rock/Sunny Day) keeps it around a lot longer than usual, ANYWAY. With Thick Fat, hopefully even longer.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiza View Post
    i think the new ability is the way to go for a certain mega evolution.. maybe a new type aswell.. but mainly the ability
    Yeah.
    But then again, it really depends of on the pokemon.
    Maybe if a pokemon already has a decent ability, but its stats suck, then maybe higher stats would be best for the mega evo. IDK just thinking out loud here XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Since all starters except the Kalos trio will likely get a new mega, I'd like to see. Mine are hardly broken though.

Meganium
    Grass/Psychic
    Ability: Regenerator
    + Def, + Sp Def

Typhlosion
    Fire
    Ability: Intimidate
    + Spd

Feraligatr
    Water
    Ability: Rough Skin
    + Atk, + Def

Sceptile
    Grass/Dark
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    + Atk, + Spd

Swampert
    Water/Ground
    Ability: Storm Drain
    + Def, + Sp Def

Torterra
    Grass/Ground
    Ability: Solid Rock
    + Atk, + Def

Infernape
    Fire/Fighting
    Ability: Iron Fist
    + Atk, + Spd

Empoleon
    Water/Steel
    Ability: Sniper
    + Atk, + Spd

Serperior
    Grass
    Ability: Infiltration
    + Sp Def, + Spd

Emboar
    Fire/Fighting
    Ability: Anger Point
    + Atk, + Sp Atk

Samurott
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Technician
    + Atk, + Sp Atk, + Spd

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I can't help but think they could be reserving the Dream World abilities of the fifth gen starters for their Mega Evolutions, seeing as they still haven't been distributed at this point in time.

I wish it would show the moves the Mega Evolutions use in their trailers... It's really intriguing me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

@Shneak, they sound very real, actually.

Althugh, becuase I change everything, I have my stuff.

Meganium
    Grass/Fairy
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    + Sp. Attack, + Sp. Defense

Typhlosion
    Fire/Ground
    Ability: Hustle
    + Attack, + Speed

Feraligatr
    Water/Dark
    ++ Attack

Sceptile
    Grass/Dark
    + Attack, + Sp. Attack

Swampert
    Water/Ground
    Ability: Sap Sipper Dry Skin
    + Defense, + Sp. Attack

Torterra
    Grass/Ground
    + Defense, + Sp. Defense

Infernape
    Fire/Fighting
    + Attack, + Speed

Empoleon
    Water/Steel
    Ability: Snow Cloak

Serperior
    Grass/Dragon
    Ability: Contrary
    + Sp. Attack, + Speed

Emboar
    Fire/Fighting
    + HP, + Attack

Samurott
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Justified
    + Attack, + Sp. Defense

:P
    This hardly helps

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Since all starters except the Kalos trio will likely get a new mega, I'd like to see. Mine are hardly broken though.

Meganium
    Grass/Psychic
    Ability: Regenerator
    + Def, + Sp Def

Typhlosion
    Fire
    + Spd

Feraligatr
    Water
    Ability: Rough Skin
    + Atk, + Def

Sceptile
    Grass/Dark
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    + Atk, + Spd

Swampert
    Water/Ground
    Ability: Storm Drain
    + Def, + Sp Def

Torterra
    Grass/Ground
    + Atk, + Def

Infernape
    Fire/Fighting
    + Atk, + Spd

Empoleon
    Water/Steel
    + Atk, + Spd

Serperior
    Grass
    Ability: Infiltration
    + Sp Def, + Spd

Emboar
    Fire/Fighting
    + Atk, + Sp Atk

Samurott
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Technician
    + Atk, + Sp Atk, + Spd
    I love the Abilities you choose.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

I'm hoping they didn't think that gen 5 is too recent to deserve any Mega Evolutions or anything silly like that. While the gen 5 Pokemon are overall a lot less in need of them, if they're going to be giving other already good Pokemon megas, there's really no justification in not giving them any.

On an unrelated note, I randomly had a weird thought about Manectric gaining Fire as a secondary typing with its Mega Evolution. It does learn more Fire type moves then any other Electric Pokemon, if I'm not mistaken, though it's only mentioned as accidentally causing fires with its electricity.

I'm still not entirely sure why Gen VI aren't getting Megas (or why that's even come up). Restricting Gen VI Pokemon specifically from having Mega Evolutions seems conspicuous and lazy (especially if all past Gen Pokemon get MEvos, as speculated). By only enabling past-Gen to have Mega Evos, you're putting people who use the new Pokemon at a Mega-less disadvantage, and further separating the more recent designs from their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure why Gen VI aren't getting Megas (or why that's even come up). Restricting Gen VI Pokemon specifically from having Mega Evolutions seems conspicuous and lazy (especially if all past Gen Pokemon get MEvos, as speculated). By only enabling past-Gen to have Mega Evos, you're putting people who use the new Pokemon at a Mega-less disadvantage, and further separating the more recent designs from their predecessors.
    I think they have them they just wont be in this game or they may release a mega stone as an event for the starters later on

I just don't get why the region that discovered Mega Evolution doesn't have any Gen 6 Pokémon that can learn it... not even 1?

tbh this idea kinda put me off mega evolution I was so excited for it then they said it was only on pokemon I have already used (which will probs have nearly the same sets/attacks as last gen and the gen before that)

the only ME I intend to have are the Kanto Starters (because Gen 1 was where is started for me ) and Mewtwo because I have 2 event ones with electro ball
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm not sure how likely it is, so far we get one from a set in-game (Kanto for nostalgia) and one from an event (Blaziken must be popular). Until we get more info I'm not convinced we have enough to say they will all get them yet.

I don't have a big wish list for megas only two. First off mega grumpig with magic bounce, I want to look a little meaner like a boar with tusks and all and secondly I want my favorite starter serperior to finally get contrary as well as the grass/dragon typing. If you make this come true gf I will love you forever.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    MegaEvolution is to improve a certain aspect and/or characteristics of a pokemon. Until GF know which pokemon need ' improvements ' in Gen VI I think this is a good decision. Otherwise every gen VI pokemon would have lower BST in their last evolutions for obvious improvement, but I'm lost on that concept myself. But what I'm saying is, if Kalos pokemon had MegaEvolution (remember, they only said not in XY, so it may appear in Z/XY2/A/W/whatever), then their final evolution may be used less and MegaEvolving new pokemon would take away from their un-MegaEvolved forms, IMO. E.g. I'd prefer a MegaTalonflame with higher speed and attack compared to a 'normal' Talonflame. GF is a business, they need to show off what they have. XY can be seen as a survey as to what pokemon need what improvements, if any, and XY needs to show off gen VI pokemon as much as possible. If we had MegaEvolution in say Gen 3, I guarantee most people would rather have the pokemon beast MegaBlaziken than the normal one. Plus, they need to find out which Gen VI pokemon are popular and 'improveable' before any MegaRehash of new pokemon. But give it time, it'll happen!
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    @Shneak, they sound very real, actually.

Althugh, becuase I change everything, I have my stuff.

Meganium
    Grass/Fairy
    Ability: Leaf Guard

Typhlosion
    Fire/Ground
    Ability: Hustle
    + Attack, + Speed

Feraligatr
    Water/Dark
    ++ Attack

Sceptile
    Grass/Dark
    + Attack, + Sp. Attack

Swampert
    Water/Ground
    Ability: Sap Sipper Dry Skin
    + Defense, + Sp. Attack

Torterra
    Grass/Ground
    + Defense, + Sp. Defense

Infernape
    Fire/Fighting
    + Attack, + Speed

Empoleon
    Water/Steel
    Ability: Snow Cloak

Serperior
    Grass/Dragon
    Ability: Contrary
    + Sp. Attack, + Speed

Emboar
    Fire/Fighting
    + HP, + Attack

Samurott
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Justified
    + Attack, + Sp. Defense

:P
    This hardly helps
    You played volt white haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    MegaEvolution is to improve a certain aspect and/or characteristics of a pokemon.
    Partly true; they've been giving some of them out to just fan favorites (see Mewtwos, Blaziken, Lucario, Garchomp).

Besides, it's not as if Game Freak is incapable of making some kind of prediction; they've said themselves that they perform playtesting on the games. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a < 500 BST Pokemon with a poor movepool and typing is going to underwhelm.

(remember, they only said not in XY, so it may appear in Z/XY2/A/W/whatever)
    goddammit, they'd better not pull sh*t like that

then their final evolution may be used less and MegaEvolving new pokemon would take away from their un-MegaEvolved forms, IMO. E.g. I'd prefer a MegaTalonflame with higher speed and attack compared to a 'normal' Talonflame.
    In the same way the current Megas take away from the Pokemon they're Megas of? I doubt that popularity of the original forms of Kanto starters or Lucario has necessarily dwindled since the introduction of their Megas, and even if it does, that's not necessarily a bad thing, per se. They take away in the same way something like Hariyama takes away from Makuhita, or Kingler takes away from Krabby.

At any rate, there's still the one-Mega-limit in effect; you can't just Mega all your Kalos Pokemon even if you want to.

[/QUOTE]
    In the same way the current Megas take away from the Pokemon they're Megas of? I doubt that popularity of the original forms of Kanto starters or Lucario has necessarily dwindled since the introduction of their Megas, and even if it does, that's not necessarily a bad thing, per se. They take away in the same way something like Hariyama takes away from Makuhita, or Kingler takes away from Krabby.

At any rate, there's still the one-Mega-limit in effect; you can't just Mega all your Kalos Pokemon even if you want to.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, what I meant was I think that they want to establish this gen before they MegaEvolve the minority of them, so that they're MegaEvolutions can be easily recognised. Commercially, I guess this makes sense. But I'm with you lot - I'd love a MegaNoivern for example.
    Last edited by hydrosharp_98; 21st September 2013 at 6:22 PM.
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

im still going to wait on the release to pass my full judgement of megas. They are cool, but i hope they dont unbalance the whole Universe of Pokemon. Im still waiting.....i am patiently optimistic.

Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

I doubt ANY of the starters are going to change typing with their megas after Charizard and Blastoise don't

I don't know, I could see Mega Feraligatr/Typhlosion both getting fighting type - not saying I'm rooting for another Fire/Fighting though!
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    I doubt ANY of the starters are going to change typing with their megas after Charizard and Blastoise don't
    I agree. And I'm also cautious about other starters even getting Mega evolutions, as the Kanto-starters weren't apparently thought about that much... it just happened I guess?

Anyway, if other starters do get Mega evolutions and do gain new types, the only ones I'd like are Grass/Fairy for Meganium, Grass/Dragon for Serperior and Water/Fighting for Samurott. The others would be fine with no type changes, in my opinion.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

IF I saw Typhlosion getting anything, which I doubt he would, it would be ground seeing he's the volcano pokemon - like camerupt (Who ISN'T the volcano pokemon, but he is a volcano) which despite having a 4x weakness, I feel is a pretty good typing with 4 resistances and an immunity. STAB Earth Power and access to Power Gem would be pretty good

For Feraligatr, I don't see anything he could be better than Water/ Dark, which would make his Crunch's STAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    I agree. And I'm also cautious about other starters even getting Mega evolutions, as the Kanto-starters weren't apparently thought about that much... it just happened I guess?

Anyway, if other starters do get Mega evolutions and do gain new types, the only ones I'd like are Grass/Fairy for Meganium, Grass/Dragon for Serperior and Water/Fighting for Samurott. The others would be fine with no type changes, in my opinion.
    When Megas were announced, the ones people wanted more than anything WERE the Kanto starters. It was pretty obvious they were going to get Megas if any.

On the top 100 pokemon poll on IGN, Charizard and Blastoise got in the top 3 favorite pokemon, Charizard being number one and Blastoise being number 3. They are the most favorite starters AND pokemon of many pokemon fans

Page 410 of 658 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast