Page 43 of 658 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CovertNinja View Post
    Whats next? Biomerging with your Pokemon?
    I loved your respond it cracked me up.

now i realized that Amparos is Denryu in japanese, i am trying to wrap around a sheep growing up to be a dragon? lol but i am liking the dual-type of MegaAmparos though.
    FC: 0748-2622-4830
    Safari type: Electric (Emolga, Electrabuzz and Galvantula).
    Pokemon Versions: X and Y
    If you need help in trade for evolution/pokedex/exclusive pokemon, Pm me

Opps, looks like I made a mistake. Taodragon, you are right, Mega is a dub term. Here's the digivolutions names.

Main Digivolutionary Stages (English adaptation terms with Japanese terms in brackets):

Fresh (幼年期 I Younenki I?, lit. "Baby I")
    In-Training (幼年期 II Younenki II?, lit. "Baby II")
    Rookie (成長期 Seichouki?, lit. "Child")
    Champion (成熟期 Seijukuki?, lit. "Adult")
    Ultimate (完全体 Kanzentai?, lit. "Perfect")
    Mega (究極体 Kyuukyokutai?, lit. "Ultimate")
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

I can't say I like these "Mega Evolutions," but my opinion doesn't matter to Gamefreak anyway.

I do have a question, though: Are these "Mega Evolutions" equivalent to a fourth evolutionary stage, or are they just usable in battle?

Also, I don't like most of the designs either, as they seem lazy and unimpressive. Literally all they did to ampharos was add a few pieces of fluff. The only one that I did like was MegaLucario, but its dreadlocks do seem weird.

Another thing I'm wondering about is the prevalence of these evolutions. Will every Pokemon get one, or just a select few? I'm assuming all the starters will have one, as it would be strange to just single out blaziken.
    Last edited by Moneyy; 8th August 2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    Mega-evolutions really do feel completely unnecessary. I always admired pokemon for sticking to it's own world and not falling into the digimon trap of being able to convert back from evolution. A few legendary pokemon gained new forms in the last few gens but over-all they kept the pokemon world seperate, but now they've thrown that away.
    '
    In all honesty I would have preferred the Absol, Mawile and Lucario evolutions to just be regular evolutions, and the Blaziken and Ampharos evolutions to just not exist.
    Since they only stay that like during battle, Mawile and Absol still don't have real evolutions. What's the point?

The Blaziken and Ampharos evolutions look just like the real ones except for a bit of colouring differences and Ampharos grew ridiculous hair.

I like the Mawile, Absol and Lucario designs, don't get me wrong, they're awsome. BUT they should be classic permanent evolutions, not this reverting "mega" crap.
    The reason they aren't evolutions is because they aren't evolutions, plain and simple. Unlike a standard evolution (which usually represents growth), these new ones don't really change the pokemon's size, or body. Simply powers them up and gives them new capabilities. That's why a normal evolution wouldn't work for these design. These are less child Goku vs. adult Goku and more normal Goku vs. SS Goku.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I have a feeling,people wouldn't have such a problem with this, if they would have been called something else besides mega evolutions,.. maybe mega formes.. I dunno.. people just see evoultions and go apey.

they ruined the pokemon by giving it an evolutuion yadda yadda yadda, despite the fact we have had formes since gen III
    There are quite a few different stances on this from what I can see.

1) People who don't care about their existence.
    2) People who dislike their existence because of their close similarities with Digimon.
    3) People who dislike their existence because they feel it wasn't really necessary.
    4) People who love their existence because of their awesome similarities with Digimon.
    5) People who like their existence because it's something new.

A) People who definitely will not use them.
    B) People who will definitely use them.
    C) People who will use whatever they find, whether they're Mega-Pokémon or not.

Of course, there are some in-between cases, but the majority of people fall into one of the combinations of numbers and letters. I just so happen to be 1-A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    I think most backlash right now is coming from a mix of

a) Fear of the Unknown

b) Fear of change
    100% true.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I really wish people wouldn't view this as a 100% positive or 100% negative. Instead, they can see the potential of this is executed properly and discuss it based on that. Yes, it's different, and perhaps not entirely necessary, but it is something we must get used to, so we might as well see the potential in it, and talk about the potential negatives.

Also, MegaAmpharos did not grow hair!!! It's the much wanted wool that was missing from its original form.

I've talked about the potential in evolite, and how I've desperately wanted GF to return to older generation Pokemon and "fix" some of the evolution lines, give some of the older Pokemon, or the early game Pokemon, purposes. I felt like items was a realistic approach to this, but seeing as they created a new way to evolve during battle, I feel like this could just be an additional way to push players to be creative, develop unique teams, and fix problems with UU/NU Pokemon.
    Last edited by Ar-Rooh; 8th August 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    I'd like to hear an answer too. I think it is interesting and can't say I dislike it since I haven't experienced it. There designs are just amazing. I am fed up with up with 'digimon'. I heard this so many times in every generation. Digimon is similar to pokemon but is completely different gameplay wise. Mega is just a word and has nothing to do with the actual creature. Someone could be called Jesus and be a serial killer. My point is have a rant when you have a solid reason to hate something. Gamefreak haven't failed before and I don't think they'd do anything stupid.
    As much as we'd all like to hear that answer, most of those complaining have none to give. As reiterated many times, it's just the fear of change, as well as people being upset just because things didn't turn out the way they wanted it. In the end, this is the internet, which means people will complain about anything and everything.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 8th August 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    I do have a question, though: Are these "Mega Evolutions" equivalent to a fourth evolutionary stage, or are they just usable in battle?
    Mechanically speaking, they're equivalent to formes. As far as labeling is concerned, they're neither evolutions nor formes.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
    Not sure about this new mega evolution hopefully its not pernament change like a 4th evo.
    And I hope this mega evolution is not only for fan favourite exclusive. Giving it only to Blaziken and ingoring the rest of the starters would be very unfair.
    It wouldn't be unfair, it would be a complete and utter injustice. Just because Fire is more popular among fans and GameFreak than Grass and Water.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    About the digimon debacle going on right no, their is a Digivolution known as Mega, but really people no franchise owns a word from any language, especially one that is as common as the word mega meaning (very large, huge) noun, (extremely)adverb.
    Like I said before. If anything, I see the mega forms as more of a comparison to the Ultimate transformations from Ben 10 Ultimate Alien than a comparison to Digimon
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

MegaAmpharos has beautiful hair. They should make a move just for its hair.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    It wouldn't be unfair, it would be a complete and utter injustice. Just because Fire is more popular among fans and GameFreak than Grass and Water.
    I thought Water was just a tad bit more popular than Fire. But anyway, we don't even know the context as to why Blaziken gets a Mega-variant and other starter Pokémon probably won't. My hunch is that it has something to do with Team Flare, or that it's just applicable to that one event Torchic.

I just want a MegaGardevoir! Then I'd die happy (depending whether the art for her is good or not).

I'm really loving Mega Evolution; it is somehow fresh and trhilling.
    I was kiddin with a friend a few months ago and we ACTUALLY said "What's next in X/Y? Chou Shinka?" (Reffering to Digimon) and when I saw Mewtwo's "new form change" trailer, I said "hunn... That's an evolution! look those swirling beams! just like in BW anime!" But well... Moving on, They are super cool... no! MEGA cool!
    Maybe this "Mega Stone" is related to that odd bracelet the trainer has... You know, it has the DNA symbol, and we saw that symbol in the last trailer, so maybe what we saw was the -in battle- evolution of Mewtwo to Mega Mewtwo...

"Karlos, look me in the eyes and tell me you Love Pokemon more than you Love me... I dare you..." -Matthew Knight.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/voboy1.png[/IMG]
    I'm your tiny birdy!! (I drew it)

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    I think most backlash right now is coming from a mix of

a) Fear of the Unoriginality

b) Fear of Stupidity on Game Freak's part
    Fixed it for you.~ Seriously what was Game Freak thinking when they came up with this? Even if its not from Digimon its still a bad idea. Why mess with a system that wasn't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Taodragoooon, it was a joke :P
    Oh, sorry. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    Smh I cant believe Game Freak is stealing from Digimon now. First that ghost tree Pokemon now mega evolved forms? Thats just sad. Mega Lucario looks tight tho.
    Cherrymon's concept has been used as far back as the medieval ages, if not farther. Unless you want to say myths and games like Earthbound ripped it off then Digimon hardly has an monopoly on that idea.

As for the Mega evolutions, everyone has said what I'd have said.

Fixed it for you.~ Seriously what was Game Freak thinking when they came up with this? Even if its not from Digimon its still a bad idea. Why mess with a system that wasn't broken?
    Because then you run the risk of stagnating, change can lead to something better and with Pokemon that haven't been touched in years this can be that opportunity.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Never said they did, but it's obvious to me that this is where Gamefreak got the idea. I don't know why Gamefreak decided to show off their newest evolution idea by showcasing Lucario and the others though. Like I said, I wanted evolutions of Pokemon that needed evolutions, but Gamefreak just went and gave evolutions to Pokemon that didn't need them. It's just a big gimmick imo, and I mean that in the nicest way possible because like I said before, it's more funny than irritating.
    Lolno
    Smh I cant believe Game Freak is stealing from Digimon now. First that ghost tree Pokemon now mega evolved forms? Thats just sad. Mega Lucario looks tight tho.
    Lolno

Again their not evolutions.

It's occurred to me that assuming its stats don't change any, Mega Mawile is likely going to have the highest unboosted attack stat in the game, beating out a Thick Club Marowak by a couple points.

It would still need its other stats to be increased in order to make it usable, though, because it's not getting anywhere outside of Trick Room with below average HP and defenses on top of horrible speed.

Nothing you post makes any sense. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    There are quite a few different stances on this from what I can see.

1) People who don't care about their existence.
    2) People who dislike their existence because of their close similarities with Digimon.
    3) People who dislike their existence because they feel it wasn't really necessary.
    4) People who love their existence because of their awesome similarities with Digimon.
    5) People who like their existence because it's something new.

A) People who definitely will not use them.
    B) People who will definitely use them.
    C) People who will use whatever they find, whether they're Mega-Pokémon or not.

Of course, there are some in-between cases, but the majority of people fall into one of the combinations of numbers and letters. I just so happen to be 1-A.
    I would be 3-D, D being I don't like them and probably won't do them, but require further information hopefully delivered soon to make a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    You all should have complained about being able to "convert" back last gen when Meloetta was introduced. It's the same thing.
    I did. I have always opposed new formes ever since they introduced Shaymin's sky form. But at least they kept it exclusive to legendaries. Now any pokemon could gain a reversible evolution. The whole reverting back from evolution was the one thing that really separated Pokemon and Digimon and now that's gone.

I also despise the fact that they don't gain new names but instead all just get 'mega' stuck to the front of their current names. That too isn't very pokemon at all. It's again very Digimon-like, hence the oh-so-hated yet completely appropriate comparisons.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Like I said before. If anything, I see the mega forms as more of a comparison to the Ultimate transformations from Ben 10 Ultimate Alien than a comparison to Digimon
    Agreed, but very good comparison. Never thought of it like that, but seems very accurate to me.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Is there any chance we can actually have a proper discussion without somebody mentioning digimon every 2 seconds? Not only is it annoying but it's just completely irrelevant.
    I agree. If you want to bash on Megas, do it within a REASONABLE argument. Dusting off your old accounts just to spit on it or say "LOLOLOLPOKEMONISNOWDIGIMONLOLOL" is likely to get people infracted if anything else...(Good thing Wntendo isn't here XD)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    That MegaMawile is going to have crazy-high attack with Huge Power. At least 170 just from doubling the base of the original Mawile! That's insane! About time Mawile got a dose of useage, and if there's a powerful fairy-type physical attack then coupling that with the steel-type resistances we may have THE dragon-slayer on our hands.
    Agree with this one too.
    My only gripe with Megas is that they've seem to given it to pokemon with a notable fanbase of their own, Mawile aside. I'm thinking they showed us the Megas of popular pokes just to get older fans in the swing of things (so far it seems to have to opposite effect, though -_-''), so I highly doubt these guys are the only Megas we'll see this Gen.

...However, if I see a Mega Pseudo Legend of any kind, I will get pretty annoyed. XD
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Lol 'Unoriginality' and 'Stupidity' that is just your opinion xD

Have GF ever said that a pokemon can't have more than 3 stages of evolution? No they haven't. You only have yourself to blame for thinking it would never happen.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Page 43 of 658 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast