Page 49 of 658 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Do you know what's really annoying? People constantly complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the Mega Evolutions.

Two can play this game.
    Do you know what's really really annoying? People who can't respect each others opinions.

Give me MegaMeganium!

megaevolution.....*insert obligatory captain n joke here*

Ok I don't understand why everyone is complaining here, for months everyone has wanted something new and once GF gives us something really new you guys want to hate on it, honestly like some people are saying either don't use the mega forms, or don't play the games its as easy as that.

My opinion I love the new forms I am going to try and use all of them, and honestly I am pretty sure there going to be many more in the future, because the one I find interesting the most is Blaziken's, just for it being a starter and all, I hope all the starters get new mega forms , if not all at least complete the hoenn cycle and give sceptile and swampert one.

My final thought is everyone is saying these forms are reversible, I am curious where does it say that I mean I am sure it is but personally I don't think I would want to change them back again my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    [...] I think Lucario's Adaptability and Blaziken's Speed Boost is damage enough.
    That actually led me to come up with a hypothetical situation. If Mega-Blaziken had Speed Boost but had more of its base stats put into Defense and Sp. Def, and as a result had ridiculously low Speed, would it still be "overpowered"?

will Mega Yanmega learn Mega Drain

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    If Mega-Blaziken had Speed Boost but had more of its base stats put into Defense and Sp. Def, and as a result had ridiculously low Speed, would it still be "overpowered"?
    yes

Sub or Protect

After the initial shock of it

I now LOVE megas
    After learning its in battle only and is by item
    I'm very happy

Kind of like this item can bring out a pokemon true strength if held by ampharos for example

X and y is shaping up great!

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I hope that a Pokemon doesn't have to give up its hold item slot in order to utilize mega evolution, because it would reduce the benefit they gain from it.

I can't imagine how else it would work if it's a temporary thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    I think that the real problem is with the name. Mega evolution sounds alot like digimon... That's aside, better gamefreak have a good explanation for that or I'll be so mad!!!
    Nobody knows whether its called a MegaEvolution. That is just what we are all calling it for now until GF reveals its real English name. So don't mention digimon again!

Do you know what's really annoying? People constantly complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the Mega Evolutions.

Two can play this game.
    One post is "constantly complaining"? Try again.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Guys. Do you know what's really annoying and uneccesary about this issue of CoroCoro?

Your b!tching!

Just don't use it, or stop playing.

Sim. ple.
    Now now, everyone has a right to complain. Remember this is new and big news at that, so it's better they are able to voice themselves than being silenced. I've seen some overreaction but what can you do. You have every right to respond to them, so let bygones be bygones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Isn't that the point of developers creating new games now-days?
    I'd actually love to hear some ideas YOU have for a going on 20-year old franchise.

Right now, I view it as an attempt at something new. I'll wait to add in my final word later once details are properly released.
    Yup, in a a competitive market (i.e. Entertainment) only the best sells, so you've got to make sure you are a prime choice. Also, since they only make money for the project once it's out, they certainly want to make sure it's going to sell.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Two can play this game.
    if you have nothing important to add to this discussion, then don't add anything at all. Just coming on to call people out about complaining is pointless. It makes you seemingly worse than the people complaining.

To Add to the topic, I think Torkoal should get a Mega Evo. I loved torkoal in gen 3 and I don't have any reasonable justification for this, I just think Torkoal should have a Mega Evo.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    IMO, I'm more annoyed with how the critique is delivered. More often than not, it is delivered in a way that not only talks down to those who do like the change, but disrespects the creators. This is why I dislike the Digimon comparison, because it implies that Gamefreak plagiarized, when it clearly isn't the case.

I would consider this acceptable criticism:
    I don't like megaevolutions because I prefer evolution to be a permanent change, and I feel it could mess with the metagame. I'm not going to use them.

This is how a lot of the criticism is:
    Gamefreak is uncreative and they are running out of ideas. They clearly stole this from digimon. Gen 6 is terrible now.
    I really like your examples for good and bad criticism!
    But I would add one thing.

Bad criticism: OMG. I freakin love everything! The Haters can go and shut the front door!

Anyone noticed the look on MegaLucario's face? Soooo fierce!
    One more thing I got to like

Something else:
    MegaJynx(Monsoon!) Serving drag queen realness.
    I'd kneel down in front of it.
    But I'm sure it won't happen.
    Last edited by Banani; 8th August 2013 at 11:29 PM.

my 3DS-Code: 1779 - 0543 - 6868

Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    Guys, MegaStunfisk! Maximum Deripiness Go!

So, with the information we have so far, I was able to come up with a theory on how this will work.
    This will happen only in-battle ( a la Meloetta w/ Relic Song) and will be triggered by an item. Whether it's triggered automatically or something else triggers it (1/4 Hp etc. etc.) (Although that "Mega Stone is bothering me) is still unknown. Whether or not this item is consumable is also unknown. But by that logic, all pokemon should have a mega forme. So far, "Blazikenite" is proving me wrong on that. (Okay, the whole Mega stone and Blazikenite thing is really confusing me) Although it looks likely, whether the pokemon revert back to their original forms upon the end of battle is also still unknown. If they do, then that screws them out of a held item.

While so far, I rather detest the concept of mega forms, if this is the case, then I wouldn't mind my pokemon going super saiyan every now and then.
    But, I still won't like the idea unless they get magical girl transformation sequences when they do the thing.
    On 1/4 HP while holding a Megastone is an interesting idea. I don't really agree with MegaEvoultions, but this could work. But I doubt many of the Pokemon would be around much longer after getting down to low health.

will Mega Yanmega learn Mega Drain.
    My God.

Mega Yanmega with Mega Drain...

I'm not sure how to feel about that.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I'm gonna make my MegaMeganium Mega Drain that MegaYanmega.

Mega forms will be the new DLC. Mega Charizard? $2 please.

If there are more pokemon with MEga forms, Samurott is a must. Fix that Tripod sword style an he will be perfect.
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hope that a Pokemon doesn't have to give up its hold item slot in order to utilize mega evolution, because it would reduce the benefit they gain from it.

I can't imagine how else it would work if it's a temporary thing, though.
    It could probably be like an X item, where the effects last indefinitely until the Pokémon is switched out.

I think one thing that people don't mention when saying that every fully-evolved Pokémon (or at least the vast majority of them) should have a Mega-Pokémon counterpart is that not every Pokémon has its own supplementary item. Marowak may have its Bone, Farfetch'd may have its Stick, Pikachu may have its Light Ball, and Gorebyss may have its DeepSeaScale, so why doesn't Ferrothorn have its Metal Spike, or Conkeldurr have its Cinder Block?

What if Gengar was a MegaClefable this whole time?

Guys. Do you know what's really annoying and uneccesary about this issue of CoroCoro?

Your b!tching!

Just don't use it, or stop playing.

Sim. ple.
    Call it whatever you like but people have different opinions and tastes and neither is superior to the other. Get over it.

I wonder if the other starters will be dealt with Mega Forms.

This thread is going by so fast that I sometimes have to read several pages to catch up after leaving it along for 1-2 hours O_O. I don't think the Mega evolutions are necessarily bad, but I do wonder how the stats would work and would these evolutions be branch evolutions or temporary evolutions where it only happens in battle similar to how certain pokemon have different forms for a limited time. If it's permanent, wouldn't that skew the fairness in battling when fairy type was supposed to fix that part for dragon types?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres_King View Post
    Ok I don't understand why everyone is complaining here......
    My final thought is everyone is saying these forms are reversible, I am curious where does it say that I mean I am sure it is but personally I don't think I would want to change them back again my opinion.
    You said you don't understand why people are complaining, and then yourself pointed out the exact reason why. It's not that people don't like the new designs. Most people think they're awesome. It's the fact that they are reversible and don't gain new names but instead just get 'mega' shoved in front of their names. I know everyone hates digimon comparisons, myself included, but in this case I think they are completely appropriate. Reversible evolutions was the one thing that separated digimon and pokemon and now that barrier no longer exists.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    My God.

Mega Yanmega with Mega Drain...

I'm not sure how to feel about that.
    Yanmega gets Giga Drain anyway doesn't it? What's the big deal?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Call it whatever you like but people have different opinions and tastes and neither is superior to the other. Get over it.
    Ever heard of a joke? I saw the opportunity, and took it -_-

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Yanmega gets Giga Drain anyway doesn't it? What's the big deal?
    Mega

YanMEGA

MEGA drain

Tell me you get the joke.

Page 49 of 658 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast