Page 595 of 658 FirstFirst ... 495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,875 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Astus View Post
    A lot of the Mega evolutions are ugly to be honest (Manectric comes to mind). The selection process was a bit weird too (Manectric comes to mind again). Some pokemon that got them honestly should have gotten proper evolutions instead (Mawile, Absol).
    I agree with the proper evolution thing, but I honestly like the design of Mega Manectric. The ones I dislike are Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, especially with Mega Heracross's useless ability.

My favorite Megas(I have a lot lol) are Mega Blaziken, Mega Charizard X/Y, Mega lucario, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Manectric/Houndoom, and Mega Tyranitar(btw I will trade a Lairon(F) for a Larvitar/Pupitar)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I'm kind of confused as to why Mega Garchomp got lowered speed when Mega Tyranitar apparently has absolutely no drawbacks to its mega form (Aside from the item restriction), getting a boost in attack, speed, and both defenses.

many of the mega evolutions are sick, atleast most of them lol

Waiting for mega-gallade! Would laugh sooooo hard if he got type change to fairy/fighting. Hopefully he'd get boosted speed.
    3DS Friend Code: 0189-9365-2266 (Dragon: fraxure, shelgon, sliggo)
    Pm Me if you add me, so I can add you!

I use only regular pokeballs and Luxury balls.

Shinies X/Y: Fletchling, Bergamite, Skrelp, Aegislash, Klefki, Sylveon

Watch the channel I co-host, we'll be covering literature, video games, anime, music and of course, pokemon!

I think we are all forgetting something important. Mega Gengar is white! Your argument is now invalid.

I wish there was more info on the shinies this gen, i'm foaming at the mouth and serebii has next to nothing when it comes to shiny sprites of gen 6 pokes and megas.

Alex White: 4986 2073 6140
    Alex White 2: 3483 0373 0109
    3DS FC: 0318-7221-3321
    HA Pokes: Froakie, Gothorita, Ditto, Breloom, Diggersby, goomy, eevee, gliscor, skiddo,

I've started using a Mega-Dactyl as my lead and I'll be honest.... he's pretty damn impressive. I actually have a sword-dance Venusaur on the same team so people have to guess where the megastone is. Loving all the strategies they are adding.

Quote Originally Posted by beetredknob View Post
    I wish there was more info on the shinies this gen, i'm foaming at the mouth and serebii has next to nothing when it comes to shiny sprites of gen 6 pokes and megas.
    Someone over at smogon has been compiling a list of the new shinies. Most are really impressive this Gen. Particularly Charizard X. I can PM you the link if you want.

These mega evolutions are cool indeed. Actually all my favourites (Mewtwo, Houndoom and Garchomp) got megas, so I'm very happy with them! When I first saw Mega Mewtwo Y, I was like "yuck, Mewtwo looked better in its original form" but now I like Mewtwos both Mega forms as I've used them too and noticed they're not so bad. Especially as I have a Mewtwo which has its attack, sp attack and sp def IVs maxed. Simply awesome!

Too bad Mega Houndoom didn't really get its defenses raised and it really works out in sunshine... It's embarrassing to see it faint with one aqua tail from a wild Floazel (if there's no sunshine, I meant). D:

---
    FC: 0576 - 4781 - 1524
    Type: Ground
    Pokemon: Sandshrew, Camerupt, Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    The ones I dislike are Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, especially with Mega Heracross's useless ability.
    It actually gets multi-hit moves now, not just Pin Missile and Arm Thrust, but Bullet Seed and Rock Blast as well. Much like Avalugg, they forced it to work, instead of expecting it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm kind of confused as to why Mega Garchomp got lowered speed when Mega Tyranitar apparently has absolutely no drawbacks to its mega form (Aside from the item restriction), getting a boost in attack, speed, and both defenses.
    Probably the fact that Tyranitar dies to Low Kick helps in that regard, to the point that Assault Jacket Tyranitar is considered superior(in fact, I don't think there are much sets Mega Tyranitar can do better than regular Tyranitar especially with the weather nerf, though Mega Tyranitar will probably still be superior in bulky offense Sandstorm teams, which is nice for me).

And Garchomp's speed drop doesn't even matter since Megas keep their original speed in the first turn.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Can any stones, used for the mega evolution, be stolen (Thief) from in-game trainers?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    Can any stones, used for the mega evolution, be stolen (Thief) from in-game trainers?
    They can't. Magic Room and Embargo don't effect Mega Evolution either.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Astus View Post
    A lot of the Mega evolutions are ugly to be honest (Manectric comes to mind). The selection process was a bit weird too (Manectric comes to mind again). Some pokemon that got them honestly should have gotten proper evolutions instead (Mawile, Absol).
    Good thing ugliness is subjective. What you find ugly, other people might find pretty and cool. I don't see much difference between mega evolutions and "proper" evolutions. They are all evolutions, except one is temporary and has a freaking cool evolution animation during battles (seriously, my Mawile is like a Kamen Rider transforming every time he goes to battle :P). Also, one can say that a lot of proper evolutions are ugly as well. Rhyperior, for example, is commonly said to be ugly... I don't agree though, I think it looks awesome. Magmortar, on other hand.... Ew. Seriously, I am all for more mega evolutions instead of proper evolutions. The dex is already monstrously huge, so I'd rather Game Freak create evolutions that aren't counted in the dex, like megas. Plus, as I said, the in battle transformations are freaking cool.

Has anyone tried Mega-Kangaskhan out? wondering because he will be on my team

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

I've had trouble skimming through this particular board so~

Any mega's seeming incredibly overpowered?

Began checking their stats since people are finally getting the numbers down for this gen and Mega Mawile getting nearly 700 attack comes to mind for "overpowered as can be"

So~

Any thoughts on certain megas being OP?

Black FC= 0305 1181 5627
    3DS FC = 0103 9951 6690

Quote Originally Posted by Redphienix View Post
    I've had trouble skimming through this particular board so~

Any mega's seeming incredibly overpowered?

Began checking their stats since people are finally getting the numbers down for this gen and Mega Mawile getting nearly 700 attack comes to mind for "overpowered as can be"

So~

Any thoughts on certain megas being OP?
    Mawile is too slow and HP is too low for it to be any where close to being OP but it's too early in the meta games life to tell what's OP and what's not

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Mega Mawile is extremely slow and Sucker Punch is the only form of priority it has access to, so it balances it out in that regard.

Its subpar HP stat also keeps its ability to take hits in check.

700 base (with huge power) despite the speed doesn't seem to balance out to me but hey, I've been surprised.

I can just see meta revolving around trick rooms or abusing sucker punch to the point of the meta avoiding anything that particular move can destroy :/

Or just banning from OU lol.

It is true that all remains to be seen, but first impressions are something :P

Black FC= 0305 1181 5627
    3DS FC = 0103 9951 6690

Not sure this means anything but in today episode when Sycamore was talking about mega evos we see a silhouette of two pokemon, one seems to be Haxorus the other one I didn't see that well what it was.

It was basicly two blue shadows with red glowing eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Not sure this means anything but in today episode when Sycamore was talking about mega evos we see a silhouette of two pokemon, one seems to be Haxorus the other one I didn't see that well what it was.

It was basicly two blue shadows with red glowing eyes.
    At the very least, I think we can all say that Ash's Charizard is going Mega at some point, and when it does it will be awesome.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I think that:
    Mega Charizard Y
    Mega Gengar
    Mega Gyarados
    Mega Scizor
    Mega Heracross
    Mega Tyranitar
    Mega Blaziken
    Mega Aggron
    Mega Absol
    Mega Garchomp
    Mega Lucario

Has the ticket to go to the Uber tier. About Mewtwo, I think that the Mewtwo formes will be banned from the Uber tier.

This can go to Uber or OU depending of circunstances:
    Merga Charizard X
    Mega Alakazam
    Mega Kangaskhan
    Mega Gardevoir
    Mega Mawile
    Mega Medicham
    Mega Banette
    Mega Abomasnow

The rest of the Megas can be in OU with no problem:
    Mega Venusaur
    Mega Blastoise
    Mega Pinsir
    Mega Aerodactyl (if it doesn't learn Brave Bird)
    Mega Ampharos
    Mega Houndoom
    Mega Manectric

Remember that
    Choice Band, Scarf, Specs forces the user to use ONE attack and had to switch to change an attack if the user changes the pokemon.
    Life Orb causes 10% of recoil every tiem that it's used, even if you have Rock Head or are using a recoil move.
    Leftovers heals 1/16 of the HP every turn. It's recovery but nothing comparable to those stats (specially given that all of them are offensive).

Mega-species are a terrible idea and thewy are making some powerful pokemon. And because those pokemon are overpowered, we have to nerf powerful special attackls in exchange. Because they allowed perma.-Rain and perma-Sun outside of Groudon & Kyogre.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 17th October 2013 at 1:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    At the very least, I think we can all say that Ash's Charizard is going Mega at some point, and when it does it will be awesome.
    Not the place to talk about the anime, I made that post to tell me that we possibly have more mega evos or maybe that was just an example or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Mega-species are a terrible idea and thewy are making some powerful pokemon. And because those pokemon are overpowered, we have to nerf powerful special attackls in exchange. Because they allowed perma.-Rain and perma-Sun outside of Groudon & Kyogre.
    Not really, their only a terrible idea to some Smogon and competitive players since to them, their OP but to other players, they're just pretty cool. Besides, I've heard that Mega Charizard Y's Drought only last 5 turns. Or so I've heard.

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    Not really, their only a terrible idea to some Smogon and competitive players since to them, their OP but to other players, they're just pretty cool. Besides, I've heard that Mega Charizard Y's Drought only last 5 turns. Or so I've heard.
    All weather abilities have been nerfed to only last five turns now, which is going to seriously hurt Charizard Y.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    All weather abilities have been nerfed to only last five turns now, which is going to seriously hurt Charizard Y.

My dear Arceus.

I have been intentionally ignoring pokemon info until I got X (so now that I have it I've been relearning this and that).

That is the most glorious thing I've heard.

I loved weather, but when all I could ever find were weather teams I lost all passion for them x3

Black FC= 0305 1181 5627
    3DS FC = 0103 9951 6690

Do we know if we can use regular mega pokemon in the battle tower or against random trainers via online? i'm sure you won't be able to use mega mewtwo, but i expect mega mawile or mega aggron to be available for the battle tower.
    I also want the battle tower trainers to use some megas here and there it makes it more challenging

Quote Originally Posted by mankarp View Post
    Do we know if we can use regular mega pokemon in the battle tower or against random trainers via online? i'm sure you won't be able to use mega mewtwo, but i expect mega mawile or mega aggron to be available for the battle tower.
    I also want the battle tower trainers to use some megas here and there it makes it more challenging
    there is not actually battle tower, just the battle maison, and yes you can use Mega's there. THough "special" pokemon (like Mewtwo) are not allowed as far as i know.

Page 595 of 658 FirstFirst ... 495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast