Page 63 of 658 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

I was generalising. That was the only way I could phrase it in a 'don't panic' way.

Quote Originally Posted by powerprotoman View Post
    well we cant be sure either way untill its offically announced we dont know anything (i still find it odd people are willing to trust the anime ((which is as non-canon as it gets for the games) about megamewtwo only being a forme)
    It's confirmed to behave basically like a form.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Prepare yourselves for MegaWailord.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmos View Post
    Prepare yourselves for MegaWailord.
    It. Is. COMING!

I wonder how big it'll be (if we get a MegaWailord).

Mawile needed an evolution. Mawile looks like he's wearing Hariyama pants which is kind of funny. The Mega thing is a little lazy, but if a mega is not an evolution it is necessary to designate that with some name. I hope the fact that three of these pokemon are from third gen is a hint for the director's cut of sixth gen. is a reboot of third gen. Or at least some evos or megas of these long forgotten Pokemon from third gen not unlike absol or mawile, such as castform, tropious or even sabeleye.
    My Zangoose is loose!!! Oh no, someone's Zangoose is going to be cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    You do realize that's not how it works now, right...? Apparently it's just a minority of designs made a long time ago that are used now since many new designers are now creating new Pokémon (e.g. James Turner and six Pokémon made by him and it got that job during Gen V's preparations). My point still stands and I don't see how it contradicts this statement...
    I wasn't stating that they are using old designs for new Pokemon, but that they generally make a lot of Pokemon designs. Its a process, I just don't understand how making Mega Pokemon is going to take away from making any new Pokemon. Considering these Pokemon aren't considered evolution and aren't taking up any Dex space.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    Many people think that obtaining every single Pokémon in the Pokédex is a very daunting task similar to how what you propose is also daunting. Maybe one of, if not all of, the triggers to getting these items responsible for transforming these Pokémon would be to complete the Pokédex first. It would definitely be something that at least some people would look forward to.
    I was only joking and referencing the many rumors surrounding ways to get "PokeGod" Pokemon in Gen I :P

Since that's what the Mega Pokemon are reminding me of.
    #BuyUltraviolance

You know, Absol's, Lucario's, and Mawile's MegaEvolutions could have easily passed as real evolutions and no one would doubt it for a second. Especially Absol's. Smooth move GameFreak, smooth move.

I think the mega forms are called evolutions due to the genetic theme of X and Y we've seen the double helix from the Japanese logo used by the new Mewtwo form in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I think the mega forms are called evolutions due to the genetic theme of X and Y we've seen the double helix from the Japanese logo used by the new Mewtwo form in battle.
    Are they confirmed to be evos? I just call them forms because they aren't permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I was only joking and referencing the many rumors surrounding ways to get "PokeGod" Pokemon in Gen I :P

Since that's what the Mega Pokemon are reminding me of.
    Who knows? Many times, jokes are taken for granted when they really pose legitimate ideas off of which companies make great money. Your idea could be the next!

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Are they confirmed to be evos? I just call them forms because they aren't permanent.
    With what we know so far, they're confirmed to not be evolutions. If there are more Mega-Pokémon leaked in the future, those may very well be actual evolutions.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but if this is a battle transformation needing an item (mega stone) wouldn't that sorta like you know pseudo balance out the game right now its 1KO fest with Held Items such as Choice Scarf Choice Band Choice Specs it is about time they scaled those stuff down but this might really help the meta

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    The process is called mega evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I wasn't stating that they are using old designs for new Pokemon, but that they generally make a lot of Pokemon designs. Its a process, I just don't understand how making Mega Pokemon is going to take away from making any new Pokemon. Considering these Pokemon aren't considered evolution and aren't taking up any Dex space.
    And that's why I said the Megamons are not taking space from the Pokédex but instead taking time from Game Freak to create brand new Pokémon with good quality (because anyone there could draw some lines and call it a Pokémon). That's my point.

Wow those Mega Evolutions look so cool! My favorite so far has to be Ampharos, in terms of design and typing.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    What I don't understand is, in the case of Mawile and Absol, both single stage pokemon that could use a stat buff, why not just allow them to evolve normally?
    -Avoids giving them access to Eviolite, so strategic reasons
    -Allows them to distribute the stats more carefully, so strategic reasons
    -Ties them to the new form mechanics, so strategic reasons (curious that this is such a recurring theme in a strategy game)
    -Allows them to save PokéDex space for other things (i.e. entirely new Kalosian Pokémon)
    -It's new, so why not? At least they're getting something
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

i wouldnt mind seeing a normal megaeevee

Quote Originally Posted by lucipher View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but if this is a battle transformation needing an item (mega stone) wouldn't that sorta like you know pseudo balance out the game right now its 1KO fest with Held Items such as Choice Scarf Choice Band Choice Specs it is about time they scaled those stuff down but this might really help the meta
    That is most likely the case. Put the mega stone on the pokemon, it comes into battle, transforms,and reverts back when switched out or the battle ends.

Quote Originally Posted by lucipher View Post
    I'm still hoping that they won't be present in the competitive battling scene at all due to my theorized limitations on how Pokémon would be able to transform into Mega-Pokémon in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    The process is called mega evolution.
    We don't know what it'll be called in English.

Even if it were labeled as "Mega-Evolution" in English, it still wouldn't actually be an evolution, based on the Pokémon definition of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    -snip-
    I'm going to disagree, and here's why. These aren't as huge changes as people are making them out to be. One of the core rules of Pokemon is that as you raise a Pokemon, it grows stronger. Throughout the history of the series, features were added to assist this goal. EVs, new evolutions, and mega evolutions are simply another way to 'power-up' your Pokemon, since that's what the feature is at its core. Another way to make your pokemon stronger.

In addition, Mega-evolutions are a category of their own. If you look at the Sinnoh evos, you'll notice that most tend to grow larger, get more detailed, and look 'older'. However, the megas really do look like simple alternate (if not stronger) forms, similar to how an anime character might power up. They deserve to be a category of their own, and if they were simply made evos, we'd think of them as strange. Hell, most of them are the exact same size of their originals.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

I don't think MegaBlaziken isn't going to be that game breaking if it gets an altered stat spread. I mean it could have 55 Base Speed and be more frail but with more powerful offense included. We also have to consider that Pokémon always have a counter/check/revenge killer. Assuming MegaBlaziken goes my predicted route as a slower frail hitting chicken, it won't be out speeding a lot at +1 with Speed Boost plus the defense makes it exposed to priority and Blaziken loves his item the Life Orb, meaning HP drains for the cost of a hit. Lets not forget the potential new counters Blaziken might have to deal with in Gen VI like an ability that ignores Speed boosts and hits Blaziken hard. Malamar could already screw over it with Topsy Turvey, reversing its Speed boosts alongside. As for Lucario, I already explained how he isn't broken some pages back. So overall I say lets wait until the games are released before we start calling it too broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    We don't know what it'll be called in English.

Even if it were labeled as "Mega-Evolution" in English, it still wouldn't actually be an evolution, based on the Pokémon definition of the term.
    That hasn't stopped a lot of people from jumping to the conclusion that they're 4th stage evos. I was clarifying my theory on why the process is called an evolution despite being a form change.

Mewtwo thing was a mega evo.
    It only used it when it needed to in battle.

Possibly tells us that it may only last in battle and be a temporary forme.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    -Avoids giving them access to Eviolite, so strategic reasons
    -Allows them to distribute the stats more carefully, so strategic reasons
    -Ties them to the new form mechanics, so strategic reasons (curious that this is such a recurring theme in a strategy game)
    -Allows them to save PokéDex space for other things (i.e. entirely new Kalosian Pokémon)
    -It's new, so why not? At least they're getting something
    This. God this. Exactly what I've been saying since this was leaked.

I know for a fact there are some people who are going to get extremely angry about mega evolutions and are just not going to get the game because of it. I say too bad for them because there are many cool pokemon designs in this gen and if they let that ruin the game for them then they are only spiting themselves.

Mmm, since this change is mostly for competitive battle (aside from what seems to be a scientific-caused plot twist).. I don't think this Mega Stone item will be an in-use item such as potion. Item usage is not available in current competitive battle, ne? Also.. If they make ONE held-item (if it is one) to change a Pkmn into MegaPkmn.. then we can only take ONE MegaPkmn into a tournament or Internet battle, etc etc.

Finally, I think the jump from pixel to 3D model will allow GF to make ALL pokes into Mega.. which makes sense as we have an item we can use/hold once per battle.. And since it is an item that several pokes can use, I assume it will work for ALL of them (I guess even Legends). Otherwise, learning the restriction list seems counter productive.. not with all we have to memorize already.

I wonder if Pkmn Z (if it comes out as a third part, unlike BW2) will have a second batch of MegaPkmns and we won't see them all in XY. Could lead, to whoever is doing these experiments, to introduce it to the world and then make it popular in the second part. Mmmm, well, I am super curious now.. Specially since I saw the Mewtwo Awakening Prologue and how he simply changes. Maybe an in-menu option instead?? Like that disc-launcher, perhaps..

Also, SHINY MEGASHEDINGA! Oh God.. can't wait!!
    Daniel R - FC (Pokemon X) : 4124 - 5014 - 1935
    GMT -6 ( CST )

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible."

Page 63 of 658 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast