Page 635 of 658 FirstFirst ... 535585625631632633634635636637638639645 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    As much as I'm not complaining as Charizard got two mega evolutions: does it seem GameFreak just went for popularity and completely ignored common sense/the minority? Why don't Blastoise/Venusaur have a second mega evolution like Charizard? Why don't Swampert and Sceptile have mega evolutions? (Not so much with this, considering a Hoenn remake or more events are very likely)

Mewtwo got two mega evolutions, which is understandable, but why Charizard?
    Starters have never been equal ever.

Why is Jynx the supposed Mega Evolver? I'm really curious why many think this...

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Why is Jynx the supposed Mega Evolver? I'm really curious why many think this...
    Many think this because its the only Pokémon left on the Trademark list we received a few months back that has yet to have a Mega Evolution revealed. Although there could be many reasons for its exclusion (as it appears) such as possibly a redesign or maybe it didn't make the deadline for the games production.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

As much as I'm not complaining as Charizard got two mega evolutions: does it seem GameFreak just went for popularity and completely ignored common sense/the minority? Why don't Blastoise/Venusaur have a second mega evolution like Charizard? Why don't Swampert and Sceptile have mega evolutions? (Not so much with this, considering a Hoenn remake or more events are very likely)

Mewtwo got two mega evolutions, which is understandable, but why Charizard?
    I don't understand why everyone almost EXPECTS us to get a R/S/E remake.
    There's no reason for it at all, other than to make money. We needed the R/B/Y and G/S/C remakes because those Pokemon were impossible to obtain otherwise.

Meh, I suppose this is neither here nor there, but I can see everyone complaining already about if we don''t get it, if there's anything I learned with GF, it's don't expect anything. Sugimori is already speaking of a 7th Gen and 6th Gen just came out. . .
    That should tell you something.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

There are plenty of other Pokemon deserving of a Mega Evolution over Jynx. but I'd love to see how a Mega Jynx would look.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    There's no reason for it at all, other than to make money. We needed the R/B/Y and G/S/C remakes because those Pokemon were impossible to obtain otherwise.

Meh, I suppose this is neither here nor there, but I can see everyone complaining already about if we don''t get it, if there's anything I learned with GF, it's don't expect anything. Sugimori is already speaking of a 7th Gen and 6th Gen just came out. . .
    While I fully agree that we shouldn't expect any remake (I'd love one though), I just want to point out that we didn't actually need G/S/C remakes either. National Dex completion was fully attainable in D/P/Pt without them. It was definitely a convenience for Dex completion, but not at all needed.

Either way, it does seem like a logical way to promote a remake to give Sceptile and Swampert Megas, but again, that's expecting something we don't know anything about. But I'd say we're done with Megas for now unless they go the event route, as a form of free DLC.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Eh, isn't that the point?
    And they could have just made every Poke available in the games instead of remakes. But we got remakes.

Want Manectite willing to trade

My god. Mega Mawile is a serious force to be reckoned with. Mine is constantly OHKO'ing Mega Mewtwo Y with priority Sucker Punch in online matches. It's Huge Power ability pretty much helps it to OHKO a ton of different Pokemon. Also, Mawile seems to work very well with Greninja in double battles. Greninja covers the fire and ground weaknesses of Mawile, and Mawile counters the fighting and fairy weaknesses that Greninja has. Also, Greninja's excellent speed helps the take out the threats to M-Mawile before they even get a chance to attack.
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    My god. Mega Mawile is a serious force to be reckoned with. Mine is constantly OHKO'ing Mega Mewtwo Y with priority Sucker Punch in online matches. It's Huge Power ability pretty much helps it to OHKO a ton of different Pokemon. Also, Mawile seems to work very well with Greninja in double battles. Greninja covers the fire and ground weaknesses of Mawile, and Mawile counters the fighting and fairy weaknesses that Greninja has. Also, Greninja's excellent speed helps the take out the threats to M-Mawile before they even get a chance to attack.
    Agreed, both of them are forces to be reckoned with but counters for them will become more common. Its hard not to find a person without mawile, greninja, mewtwo, blastoise or charizard.

Similarly, does anyone not use megas?
    1547-5713-0450

Quote Originally Posted by Silversea View Post
    Similarly, does anyone not use megas?
    I don't use them. Only because I find more pleasure in trouncing them without one myself.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Last I checked all the Johto Pokemon were catchable long before HGSS came out, therefore making HGSS pointless going by what you're saying.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Thats is interesting. I would love to see a Mega Raichu

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Last I checked all the Johto Pokemon were catchable long before HGSS came out, therefore making HGSS pointless going by what you're saying.
    Aside from the not catchable starters, in Emerald, yea, they were. But that caused you to have to complete certain requirements some people don't go about doing.
    All I'm saying is, we shouldn't expect R/S/E remakes.
    As I said, Sugimori is hinting towards the 7th gen, yet nothing is coming up about these remakes. Aside from the subtle "hints" people are pulling muscles reaching for.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    What's even better is she can typically take a hit without getting KO'd, meaning you can get one sword dance in and really make her a beast.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Aside from the not catchable starters, in Emerald, yea, they were. But that caused you to have to complete certain requirements some people don't go about doing.
    All I'm saying is, we shouldn't expect R/S/E remakes.
    As I said, Sugimori is hinting towards the 7th gen, yet nothing is coming up about these remakes. Aside from the subtle "hints" people are pulling muscles reaching for.
    Don't forget the Colloseum games, which allowed you to get all three twice over.

Also, while Sugimori is talking about 7th gen, remember that creators, producers and the like do reflect on older/current work and what they plan on doing and yet don't still get around to it for a long time. Gen 7 could easily come after the remakes as it could not, so either option is available.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Gen 7 could easily come after the remakes as it could not, so either option is available.
    Absolutely, I'm not saying they for sure won't happen. . . However, with people saying "Blah blah blah with the R/S/E remakes blah blah blah" like it's confirmed and being made as we speak is a bit overzealous. . . And that's what causes outraged fans. When something doesn't meet your (not yours per se) expectations people are un-happy.
    Prime example: Mega Evolutions and who they were distributed to.

Why don't Blastoise/Venusaur have a second mega evolution like Charizard?
    1. Popularity/Marketing

2. Pokémon have never been equal, so Charizard getting two doesn't mean that Blastoise and Venusaur should. If that were the case then I would say that all three should start out as dual-types since Bulbasaur does.

3. Charizard has always been something of a thematic Schrodinger, hence the decade-long debate over whether it should be a dragon or a salamander. Game Freak went with both for its mega evolutions. On the other hand, Blastoise is clearly and indisputably a turtle + cannons, and Venusaur is clearly and indisputably a reptile + plants. What else could they have done? Made Blastoise wield swords? Made Venusaur slim? For Charizard, two mega evolutions actually work well to exhibit its dual nature as a dragon and as a flying lizard.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Made Venusaur slim?
    Genius! I so want a skinny Venusaur Mega-Evolution. While it would be cool, I don't expect it. Charizard is really the only one with versatility to it's design, so, that's why I believe it go two.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    3. Charizard has always been something of a thematic Schrodinger, hence the decade-long debate over whether it should be a dragon or a salamander. Game Freak went with both for its mega evolutions. On the other hand, Blastoise is clearly and indisputably a turtle + cannons, and Venusaur is clearly and indisputably a reptile + plants. What else could theyy co have done? Made Blastoise wield swords? Made Venusaur slim? For Charizard, two mega evolutions actually work well to exhibit its dual nature as a dragon and as a flying lizard.
    I disagree with this one. I can't see how Charizard is not a dragon appearance-wise nor have I ever heard of someone saying that it's a salamander, it has always been dragon. Charizard, Charizard X, and Charizard Y all look like a typical western dragon: a large, winged lizard. To me, Charizard Y emphasizes Charizard's flying abilities. Both it's larger wingspan and flavour text indicate this. Charizard X is just takes its dragon appearance and emphasizes that instead. They could have easily done both in one since being able to fly doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be Flying type, as we've seen numerous times. They probably did it because of how many more games they'd be able to sell if there was a different Charizard in each version, which goes back to the first point.

I disagree so hard with Venusaur being reptilian.

1.) The Pokemon itself has the anatomy - and the warts! - of a toad. Its head is too massive compared to its body for it to work as a reptile such as a lizard.

2.) The "saur" part of its name that everyone always seem to draw upon is only in the English name. Venusaur is of Japanese origin, and its Japanese name literally translates to "strange flower". There is nothing remotely dinosaur-y in its original name.

3.) Dinosaurs aren't even reptiles. That is a falsehood perpetuated from the first damn idiot thinking that Iguanodon was a reptile. Dinosaurs were very, very likely warm-blooded and are far more similar to birds (especially theropods such as T-rex and allosaurus) than they are reptiles. This whole "dinosaur = reptile" thing needs to freaking die. [/nitpicky college student who took a whole class on dinosaurs]

4.) And even then, Venusaur's anatomy isn't even close to a dinosaur such as Triceratops or Stegosaurus: its legs are splayed to the sides, not underneath its body.

I find it wierd how some pokemon get X and Y forms and others don't. Seems unfair.
    Moondust Dragons Website/Chat: http://pokemoon.enjin.com/chat

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I disagree so hard with Venusaur being reptilian.

1.) The Pokemon itself has the anatomy - and the warts! - of a toad. Its head is too massive compared to its body for it to work as a reptile such as a lizard.

2.) The "saur" part of its name that everyone always seem to draw upon is only in the English name. Venusaur is of Japanese origin, and its Japanese name literally translates to "strange flower". There is nothing remotely dinosaur-y in its original name.

3.) Dinosaurs aren't even reptiles. That is a falsehood perpetuated from the first damn idiot thinking that Iguanodon was a reptile. Dinosaurs were very, very likely warm-blooded and are far more similar to birds (especially theropods such as T-rex and allosaurus) than they are reptiles. This whole "dinosaur = reptile" thing needs to freaking die. [/nitpicky college student who took a whole class on dinosaurs]

4.) And even then, Venusaur's anatomy isn't even close to a dinosaur such as Triceratops or Stegosaurus: its legs are splayed to the sides, not underneath its body.
    This is the argument I've been fighting for too, but people don't seem to get it you know? It's just annoying but we have to accept that there will always be people saying Venusaur is a dinosaur.

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

Quote Originally Posted by aswertyuiol View Post
    This is the argument I've been fighting for too, but people don't seem to get it you know? It's just annoying but we have to accept that there will always be people saying Venusaur is a dinosaur.
    Yeah, it drives me up the wall lol

I think it's because everyone grew up thinking Venusaur was a dinosaur, and they don't want to let go of that childhood idea. I personally started in Gen II, so I never had that attachment to the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Yeah, it drives me up the wall lol

I think it's because everyone grew up thinking Venusaur was a dinosaur, and they don't want to let go of that childhood idea. I personally started in Gen II, so I never had that attachment to the idea!
    I started in Gen 3, so I was like "um, okay then..." xD Although if get in their shoes, why would you want to let go of your favourite grass dinosaur and accept it's more likely to be a toad? You can understand if you look at their viewpoint.

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

Page 635 of 658 FirstFirst ... 535585625631632633634635636637638639645 ... LastLast