Page 644 of 658 FirstFirst ... 544594634640641642643644645646647648654 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Pissed Charizard View Post
    so they have pretty much confirmed that there will be NO DLC for this game correct? So that means no more mega stones, right?
    I keep checking back to see what the news is, but it seems like (with the exception of the hacker finding mega Latias/latios) that they are done with mega evolutions. Which is really disappointing.
    Well, that depends on the opinions of what the people answering the question define as DLC:

Most people, including myself, think of DLC as 'Pay-For' content. As in, having to PAY FOR more pokemon, stones, and etcetera.
    EVENTS and UPDATES, however, can add content that wasn't shipped with the cart, just like DLC. They've already proven that they can update the game, after all.
    Nintendo and Game Freak probably knew that the carts would get hacked and reveal alot of stuff early. So there's a very good chance that additional content not held on the cartridge can and will be added - it's just not done yet.

Edit: Further ruminations:
    Why have some stuff on the cart and not others?
    Store Distributions.
    Mega Latios/Latias, the faeries, and quite a bit of the other content may be unlocked through Gamestop/EB Games Distributions, or the pre-existing Internet Distributions, like Mega Blaziken.
    However, it is possible for them to add larger events into the game via the EShop - new environments, for example, would be something they couldn't add through normal internet 'here's the pass for the Victini boat' distribution alone.
    What could they add?
    Though unlikely, free EShop distributions could hold anything from new pokemon to entirely new models for areas. It's irresponsible for them to have Pokemon hog so much memory card space with stuff like that, but then again, it is still an option.
    Heck, with the Memory card to expand onto, they could theoretically expand the game as far as players Memory cards will allow - the most likely being 2GB, since that's what came with the 3DS.

It's not console or PC gaming drastic in terms of updates, but considering they don't HAVE to keep everything on the cart anymore, my guess would be that they aren't.
    Last edited by Deraj; 10th November 2013 at 2:29 AM.
    FC - 4742-5995-5167
    Safari contains: Drowzee, Sigilyph, Gothorita
    Seeking Safaris Containing: Starters, Togepi

Seeing as there is no DLC Shop anywhere in the game itself, paid DLC is impossible.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Seeing as there is no DLC Shop anywhere in the game itself, paid DLC is impossible.
    Not necessarily true - Having every player go through a mandatory update to download the content for the DLC through the E-Shop, while only giving the 'Key' for the DLC to those who pay for it via something like, say, a page on the Global Link Website. Like we do with Pokemiles already...
    I wouldn't rule it out.
    Or they could add a DLC Shop NPC to pokemon centers in an update. Don't underestimate the power of what updates can do.
    FC - 4742-5995-5167

Masuda's said several times that he doesn't like the idea of paid dlc or microtransactions

The fandom's obsession with DLC is so weird. Just because they can doesn't mean they will or should.
    The fact they put anything event-based on the cart at all (SPECIFICALLY the fact that the 3 event legends are on there) should show they probably don't ever want to mess with it.

It's fun to speculate, but I'm pretty sure there won't be DLC. The "DLC" would be events done through Wi-Fi.

Also, Mega Medicham is very very strong.

In other news, maybe it's just me, but people online bring four or more Pokémon that can Mega Evolve...and all of them have the Mega Stones on.

Most suicidal thing ever.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

In other news, maybe it's just me, but people online bring four or more Pokémon that can Mega Evolve...and all of them have the Mega Stones on.

I know, right?
    The most Megas you'd want on a team is one, MAYBE two depending on how well you know your opponent.
    One Mega to bust out in an all-out assault, (purely as an example, Mega Blaziken) while the other Mega could probably be more tanky in case you predict that the other Mega won't survive long. (Mega Gardevoir. Again, purely as an example.)
    Of course, you can only use one, so saving those two on the back burner until you know which one is more appropriate to bust out is essential. The ability to cover for the other's Type Weaknesses is also a good idea.
    FC - 4742-5995-5167

Having a few Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve on a team does have the potential to play with your opponent's mind though. If he assumes you're a decent player then he'll be busy guessing which one you'll actually Mega-Evolve, and which ones you might run other sets or not even put into play (for Battle Spot that is).
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Although, them having a mega stone on all of them makes no sense, I carry Pokes that make them think when looking at my team.
    I like to keep them guessing which Poke I plan to have go mega.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

The thing I find most interesting about Mega Evolution, is its a battle only mode (Digimon anyone?), which has no impact on the Pokedex.

I'd almost have wished that they were permenant evolutions, and the stones were used once, then that was the evolution done.

The most interesting thing, if anyone has actually looked it up, does Mega Evolution give us the strongest pokemon? Or does it elevate them to be, give or take, on par with the strongest pokemon (highest overall stats).

Because there's three battle scenarios when it comes to Mega Evolution that could be the case.

1. Mega Evolution is so dominant, no other types of Pokemon can comete with their stats, which means all strong team builds would need Mega Evolution exclusive pokemon (plenty to choose as well, all the starters, ect).

2. Mega Evolution enhances to the point of equalling many Pokemon to the stronger legendaries, meaning a build with some that have Mega Evolution could be substituted for legendaries (probably the most preferable scneario, imo).

3. Mega Evolution enhances, but not to the point where the strongest pokemon are seriously threatened by them, making them obselete in later game battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Conza View Post
    The most interesting thing, if anyone has actually looked it up, does Mega Evolution give us the strongest pokemon? Or does it elevate them to be, give or take, on par with the strongest pokemon (highest overall stats).
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._by_base_stats

Order this list by total and you'll see that both MewtwoX/Y (780) are stronger than Arceus (720).
    Seeing as Mega Evolution typically adds 100 Base Stats to a Pokemon, anything with 621+ BST would be stronger than Arceus as a Mega.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I've seen people who seem to be doing that, but in actuality, only one of them has a Mega Stone.

Probably for mindgame purposes.

The addition of Mega Evolution is very cool, the animation and powered up "cry" is pretty epic too, I'm wondering which Mega Charizard is overall more effective between the X Mega and the Y Mega.

I only have Charizardite X, though, would anyone be willing to perhaps part with a Charizardite Y? I have some shinies from consecutive fishing; a couple Horsea and a Poliwhirl.
    3DS Friend Code: 0344 - 9488 - 0748 (Eric) Friend Safari Type: Normal. Pokémon: Dunsparce, Mincinno, Smeargle.
    Do feel free to add, just let me know so I can add you back! :3

I have seen people online with almost a full team of megas. You know, they've gone through the battle and mega evolved each one, too. It's like, mate, your Mega Gengar might be cool, but what are you really going to do when it's up against my hard-as-nails Meowstic? Lol.

Also, this whole 5 Deoxys stones thing... has anyone else heard much more about this? It would be weird not to have any more Mega Stones in X and Y when there are 5 Deoxys stones :S

As for DLC... I am one of these ones that desperately wants it to happen... even though I know Masuda doesn't like the idea of it T_T Because honestly, how many people would willingly part with money for DLC? I know I would :X And besides, he doesn't like DLC, but some of the dungeons on the recent Mystery Dungeon game are DLC or so I've been told?!
    I am Captain Epic on GPX+ and GTS+!
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Captain+Epic
    http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showuser=36116

My 3DS Friend Code is 5086-1920-8060
    Message me if you add me!

Friend Safari Type: Ice
    Pokémon 1: Snorunt
    Pokémon 2: Bergmite
    Pokémon 3: Lapras

Number of shinies found in my Safari: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Epic View Post

As for DLC... I am one of these ones that desperately wants it to happen... even though I know Masuda doesn't like the idea of it T_T Because honestly, how many people would willingly part with money for DLC? I know I would :X And besides, he doesn't like DLC, but some of the dungeons on the recent Mystery Dungeon game are DLC or so I've been told?!
    GameFreak didn't make Mystery Dungeon, that was handled by Chunsoft

On that whole subject, I really wonder how Mega Evolution is going to effect the spin-off titles.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    GameFreak didn't make Mystery Dungeon, that was handled by Chunsoft
    Ahh, that would explain it. I'm not big into the Mystery Dungeon games, y'see.
    I am Captain Epic on GPX+ and GTS+!
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Captain+Epic
    http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showuser=36116

My 3DS Friend Code is 5086-1920-8060
    Message me if you add me!

Friend Safari Type: Ice
    Pokémon 1: Snorunt
    Pokémon 2: Bergmite
    Pokémon 3: Lapras

Number of shinies found in my Safari: 1

I finally got a Mega Stone for my Houndoom the other day (thanks, bro! ) and I looooveeee her Mega Evolution. She looks so rad!

Though when you see something like Manectric or Mawile on a team, you know those are the mega evos.
    But I'm surprised out of all megas the most I've see are Mawile, Charizard Y, and Garchomp. And the occasional Scizor, but none of those players have been very good with them.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Though when you see something like Manectric or Mawile on a team, you know those are the mega evos.
    But I'm surprised out of all megas the most I've see are Mawile, Charizard Y, and Garchomp. And the occasional Scizor, but none of those players have been very good with them.
    I just faught a dude with scrappy kangaskahn I thought it was his mega but it was actually gengar (maybe his kangas held his stone but since i burnt him right when he switched in he prefered using gengar as a mega).
    I say that because kangas is in the same tier as mawile so beware sometimes people can fake you out.
    Also I see no love for mega banette when this thing can save you games with priority Dbond.
    Scizor garchomp and stuff are just hyped because they are megas of already strong pokemon and so they are missused.

I personally think a team should not have more than 1 or 2 pokemon that can Mega evolve, even if is for the sake of playing mind games with your enemies.
    It is hard to decide whether one should mega evolve or not in a battle,since you can use it once so you have to think wisely and consider the situation.
    I wont use Mega Charizard Y in my team because it is way too dependant on its Mega evolution (drought + fire attack/solarbeam =ownage with uber sp atk) unless this is the only pokemon in my team that can/should mega evolve.
    However even pokes like Garchomp or Scizor can shine well even without Megas,save the mega evolution for some1 else
    FC: 4141-3147-5808
    Type : Poison = Kakuna,Venomoth,Whirlipede
    send me a PM if you wanna add me
    looking for
    Pokemon: Ditto FS or 4IV Ditto, Leavanny

Anyone wan to trade me a tyranitarite for an aggronite

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Manectric is still decent enough to function without its mega due to its above average speed, as the Choice Specs/Scarf using ones I've seen can attest to.

Mawile and Absol are honestly the only ones I believe you can know for certain that they'll be using their stone, as their low speed and defenses make them virtually impossible to use effectively otherwise.

I've been playing a lot of triples lately and have only seen mega Blastoise and mega Mewtwo so far. I still laugh when my slow little Vespiquen kills their Mewtwo right when he switches in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Manectric is still decent enough to function without its mega due to its above average speed, as the Choice Specs/Scarf using ones I've seen can attest to.
    Yeah, but regular Manectric also sucks Former Governor Harry Baals compared to guys like Jolteon, Raikou, and especially Thundurus. Granted, that's more of a thing in Pokebank OU than on the cartridge, but you're still using a fairly mediocre 'mon if you've got Manectric without Manectite.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Page 644 of 658 FirstFirst ... 544594634640641642643644645646647648654 ... LastLast