Page 646 of 658 FirstFirst ... 546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast
Results 16,126 to 16,150 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    So I was looking around Glittering Cave and Cyllage Gym for the Mega stone last night.
    But I couldn't find it. However, after the failed attempt to look for Mega stones I battled Mewtwo and found its Mega stone after catching it.
    Do Mega Stones always appear as a twinkle on the ground?
    Have you battled your rival and gotten the mega absol stone and visited the professor at the sun dial? You have to do that before the hidden stones will become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What do you all think is the best moveset for mega kangaskan?
    I was thinking

-Kangaskan
    @kangaskite
    /Adamant
    -Eartquake
    -power-up punch
    -sucker punch
    -Double Edge?
    Mine has pretty much that set except I have Chip Away instead of double edge as I really have a thing against moves with negative side effects. It's still 105 base power hen you factor in stab, and then a further 52.5 from the second hit, which isn't too shabby. I also have crunch instead of sucker punch, but I think I'm going to change mine to sucker punch.

------

I'm sure it's been said before, but I rarely venture out of Entertainment for some reason so I've not been following things on here for a bit, but I can't believe how pointless Pixilate is on Mega Gardevoir. There's literally only Hyper Beam that benefits from it (that does more damage than Moonblast would). And even then you end up sacrificing a turn, and two moonblasts would only do 5 less base damage than a boosted hyper beam anyway, which is what you'd get in with the two turns hyper beam uses up.

I've EV trained a Mewtwo, Kangaskahn, Charizard, and was going to do Gardevoir next, but now I'm having second thoughts out of principal, just because it's ability has annoyed me
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 13th November 2013 at 11:39 PM.

My best set for mega scizor

Adamant Nature

252 ATK 252 HP/DEF, 4HP/DEF

-Swords Dance

-Roost

-Bullet Punch

-Brick Break (against dual screeners...mainly Klefki)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's a viral virus that Game Freak was never able to get rid of due to the fact Porygon exists in the coding. In fact, Pokémon that contract Pokerus are said to turn into Digimon, and it eventually breaks the game and forces you to start over in Digimon X & Y.

Okay, I kid, I kid.

The Pokerus basically gives you an entire day for your current infected party to gain the double amount of EV obtained through battles. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUPER TRAINING. If you want to prolong the effect, you need to box those infected ones in your boxes or else they'll be cured the next day you wake up. Once the Pokerus tag is removed, a small purple smiley face will appear on their stat screen, meaning that they can't get infected anymore. And to infect others, you simply need to fight battles until the virus moves to the other Pokémon in the current party.
    Just to add, the EV doubling effect of Pokerus is permanent. The only thing that is taken away upon curing is the ability to spread the virus.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Seeing Sugimori's art for the Mega Pokemon, I think they look a-lot better...

Manectric & Heracross in particular, as they were the ones I wasn't keen on before.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Elephant reactor puns

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
    Just to add, the EV doubling effect of Pokerus is permanent. The only thing that is taken away upon curing is the ability to spread the virus.
    Ooh alright. I got worried for a moment there as I sometimes forget to box mine. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Seeing Sugimori's art for the Mega Pokemon, I think they look a-lot better...

Manectric & Heracross in particular, as they were the ones I wasn't keen on before.
    Agreed, Sugimori's art do A LOT of justice for Pokémon, I wasn't a big fan of Delphox in-game but she looks awesome in her Sugimori art.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I agree, I felt Manectric's Lightning Bolt mane looks a lot better here then it did in the game model.

Btw, where do you find MegaHeracross? It doesn't seem to be on the main site and I can't find it.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Okay them so

Kamgaskan
    @kangaskite
    /jolly
    -Sucker Punch
    -Chip Away
    -Power up Punch
    -Eartquake( Mega heracross and infernape)

Which EV spread?
    I was thinking:

Speed:252
    Hp:252
    Defense:4?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

If you're going to boost speed, you would be better boosting attack as well. Especially with it's base stat of 125.
    Wheras if you were to boost HP, you'd be better also boosting defence fully, or roughly splitting HP and the two defences into thirds.

But given the move set, an offensive Kangaskhan is clearly what you're after. Where possible open with power up punch which gives you 2 attack boosts because of the ability. Then I've found that a lot of the time that doesn't quite ko neutral damage types, so you can get a third one in meaning you're attack is boosted x2.5, and then your only issue is hitting first or surviving hits as base speed 100 is only average. You'll be fine for speed in game and against un EV'd opponents online, but there's a lot of pokemon who can out speed it, in fact serebii lists 96 on the XY pokedex, and a further 27 share it's speed stat. (So perhaps a Jolly nature might be better to get that additional bit of speed) Plus your hp and defences are 100 across the board, so that's a decent amount for a none ev'd stat.

At the end of the day, it's your pokemon and it's what you think will work best, and what tactics you use, and what style of battle you prefer.

God... If only mega gardevoir could learn boomburst... Devastating base ATK of 273... Hyper voice wouldn't have been bad either, but a pity they limited it to Gen 5 only Gardevoir could have done so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaizel View Post
    God... If only mega gardevoir could learn boomburst... Devastating base ATK of 273... Hyper voice wouldn't have been bad either, but a pity they limited it to Gen 5 only Gardevoir could have done so much better...
    We're you actually expecting it to learn Boomburst, or is it just because of it's BP combined with Gardevoir's ability?

Mega Lucario
    Jolly 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Bullet Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Earthquake/Extreemspeed
    -Swords Dance
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Agreed, Sugimori's art do A LOT of justice for Pokémon, I wasn't a big fan of Delphox in-game but she looks awesome in her Sugimori art.
    I found that several Pokemon which I thought looked pretty decent in 2D artwork don't exactly translate well to 3D polygons.

In general, I think that the artists' style and the choice of pose and angle to depict the Pokemon in may improve their image, but it's the 3D polygon that more accurately reflects how the Pokemon would actually look like in a real-life environment, unless there has been a gross mistake made in factors like coloration and/or proportions of each anatomical part.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    We're you actually expecting it to learn Boomburst, or is it just because of it's BP combined with Gardevoir's ability?

Mega Lucario
    Jolly 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Bullet Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Earthquake/Extreemspeed
    -Swords Dance
    It's entirely part of my wishful thinking, but I don't see why not, considering the fact that Gardevoir does learn a sound-based atk(hyper voice) in Gen 5 but only to lose it in Gen 6. A 31-IV-for-all-stats Mega Gardevoir would have been one heck of a pokemon if she had learnt psychic(instead of moonblast)/boomburst/calm mind/hidden power(dark)/focus blast. Not the most powerful, but certainly a foe to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I found that several Pokemon which I thought looked pretty decent in 2D artwork don't exactly translate well to 3D polygons.

In general, I think that the artists' style and the choice of pose and angle to depict the Pokemon in may improve their image, but it's the 3D polygon that more accurately reflects how the Pokemon would actually look like in a real-life environment, unless there has been a gross mistake made in factors like coloration and/or proportions of each anatomical part.
    i have noticed this as well. there are certain pokemon that i can't help but think that they looked better with 2d sprites.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

is MegaGarevoir actually useful in battle? she looks nice but I don't think she's better to MegaMawile

pokemon X and pokemon Y
    PM me for my friendcode

I'm currently training a Gardevoir. All I will say is her Sp.Att is significantly higher than Mawile's Attack, and the spped is better. Gardevoir has Higher HP, and special defence is better than both Mawile's defences. All Mawile wins on is normal Defence and having one less weakness.

My set is Modest
    Sp.Att 252 / Speed 252 / 6 Sp. Def
    Psychic
    Moonblast
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball

Just a shame about the wasted potential with it's ability.

I think I'm actually going to EV train all the Mega Evo's just to familiarise myself with them and work out how best to use them by studying the data before hand.
    I love how easy EV training is this gen.

Mawile resists far more types, which makes it more durable.

Gardevoir also has significantly less special attack then Mawile does attack, when considering that the latter has Pure Power, and having 10 more base HP is pretty meaningless when you can still get OHKO'd by any decent physical attack that hits for neutral or SE damage.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 14th November 2013 at 8:32 PM.

Fair enough, I foolishly didn't notice the ability, and I didn't really appreciate it's resistive capabilities.

I've been using Mega Gyarados as part of my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash team, and though it plays a similar role to Aegislash as a boosting physical sweeper, it is easier not having to rely on priority Shadow Sneak to pull off a sweep. I just wish they had buffed his middling speed, but oh well, a boy can dream.

By the way, changing his typing against Psychic types is a nice free turn for set up, thanks to the immunity.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I've decided to have a play with Heracross next. I'm thinking

Att 252 / HP 158 / Def 50 / Sp Def 50
    Swords Dance / Bulk Up
    Bullet Seed
    Pin Missile
    Close Combat / Break Brick

Not sure about the EV Spread at all really, and whilst I generally don't like moves with negative side effects, I think I could cope with reduced defences from Close combat, but I'm not 100% sure. I also don't know if I'd prefer the x2 boost to attack, or if x1.5 plus the additional defensive boost would be more beneficial.

One thing I'm noticing is that it's quite hard to find battle to train pokemon to level 50 once they've got all their EV's. My Gardevoir is level 31 and I can't be bothered grinding the elite 4, but I'm not sure what other options I have.
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 14th November 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I've decided to have a play with Heracross next. I'm thinking

Att 252 / HP 158 / Def 50 / Sp Def 50
    Swords Dance / Bulk Up
    Bullet Seed
    Pin Missile
    Close Combat / Break Brick

Not sure about the EV Spread at all really, and whilst I generally don't like moves with negative side effects, I think I could cope with reduced defences from Close combat, but I'm not 100% sure. I also don't know if I'd prefer the x2 boost to attack, or if x1.5 plus the additional defensive boost would be more beneficial.

One thing I'm noticing is that it's quite hard to find battle to train pokemon to level 50 once they've got all their EV's. My Gardevoir is level 31 and I can't be bothered grinding the elite 4, but I'm not sure what other options I have.
    Consider Rock Blast on MHeracross for pesky Flying types 125 BP 90% acc, still not much it can do against Talonflame though considering Gale Wings Brave Bird will just OHKO it easily.
    Go to Restaurant Le Wow (Lumiose 3 star restaurant) with Exp. Power Lv3 on and a Lucky Egg, easy levels as the O-power lasts through all 5 battles and you make money.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

do you think they will add new ones by giving the mega stones out via the mystery gift feature?

Quote Originally Posted by quagsirefan33 View Post
    do you think they will add new ones by giving the mega stones out via the mystery gift feature?
    Nope. Unless the hacker who found those extra Megas said lies, nope.

At most, we could possibly get the stones you can't get in a single version.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

So just wondering but have the rumors about that list of other megas(beedrill, metagross, milotic, etc) been confirmed by hackers?

Page 646 of 658 FirstFirst ... 546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast