Page 658 of 658 FirstFirst ... 558608648654655656657658
Results 16,426 to 16,447 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

If we get more Megas, Gallade needs one. Why does Gardevoir get one, but not him? So unfair.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    If we get more Megas, Gallade needs one. Why does Gardevoir get one, but not him? So unfair.
    Sorta the same situation with Mawile and Sableye, who are both regarded as counterparts to each other. Though then again, both Gallade and Sableye are actually useful even without Megas.

I think it would be interesting to see Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, for an evolutionary arms race. Same with Durant and Heatmor.

Although I'd be surprised if they did get Megas, I don't think they are that popular.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Budew View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, for an evolutionary arms race. Same with Durant and Heatmor.

Although I'd be surprised if they did get Megas, I don't think they are that popular.
    In terms of popularity, Zangoose and Seviper are more likely to gain an ME than Durant or Heatmor.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    I think they should keep less Pokemon with mega evolutions. To my understanding only 26 pokemon can mega evolve. If they add anymore I think they would be pushing it but I wouldn't mind at least 50 ME's. I say do these mega evolutions with these abilities and types:

Kelceon - Forecast
    Mightyena - Fur Coat (Dark/Ghost)
    Meganium/Sceptile - Harvest (Grass/Dragon)
    Heatran - Magnet Pull
    Snorlax - Marvel Scale (Normal/Fairy)
    Milotic - Multi Scale (Water/Dragon)
    Mew - Wonder Guard (Changes to Dark/Ghost)
    Raichu - Swift Swim (Electric/Water)

Kecleon- Why Forecast when nothing about the Pokemon interacts with weather in the first place?
    Mightyena- Furfrou does it better; it'll still get KO'd relatively easily
    Snorlax- Scratching my head here; REALLY wouldn't want to give up what he already does best in exchange for two more weaknesses
    Milotic- Makes sense
    Mew- I highly doubt GF will flat-out drop a typing and cover it with two completely different ones.
    Raichu- This just seems flat out random, sorry. It would almost make slightly more sense for Bibarrel to have Swift Swim. Nothing about Raichu even suggests it being tied to water in any way.
    Heatran- Could possibly work in a situational position with trapping and KOing steels with Fire Blast/Lava Plume
    Meganium- 4x Ice weakness wouldn't really do much for it, really. Although Harvest could be helpful.
    Sceptile- This poor guy probably wouldn't be able to live long enough to be able to make proper use of this due to his defenses.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Most of the mega evolutions are awesome, gaining extra typing, stat boosts, abilities, etc;
    I'm ALWAYS using Mega Mawile though... it's a BEAST! I can't find any other pokemon that only has 2 weaknesses, has intimidate to cut opponents attack before mega evolving, has great defenses, and has an already high 105 Base Attack AND HUGE POWER! Throw that in my trick room team and you get one thing, victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Budew View Post
    Not all megas are due to popularity so it's still possible.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

i want my Metagross to get a mega :3
    Friend Safari: Dragon Type ~
    Friend Code: 0018-1552-6187
    IGN: Daveo
    Pokerus ~ PM if Interested~SV~3856
    5IV Pokemon I can Breed For You:
    Froakie/Protean/Timid [RIGHTHonedge/No Guard/Brave][/RIGHT]
    Larvitar/Sassy~adamant
    Beldum/Clear Body/Adamant
    Gastly/Timid

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Mightyena- Furfrou does it better; it'll still get KO'd relatively easily
    Actually if they gave a MegaMightyena Fur Coat and Dark/Ghost typing, it would very likely use Fur Coat better than Furfrou because Mightyena already has higher base Defence than Furfrou and would likely receive a boost in Defence, it would have two more resistances, actually have a resistance (albeit only one to Poison) and, this is a big one, can Intimidate upon switching in while still Mightyena. Still probably not take too much to KO it, but just food for thought.

A mega Mightyena would be cool, but what would it look like? More fluffy? (I do like fluffy Pokemon...) or would it be really cool like Houndoom?
    I'd love to see a Milotic mega, Milotic can be hard when used correctly and it being the beauty Pokemon... seeing it get more beautiful would be awesome, would it not?

But some Pokemon shouldn't get megas, especially Deoxys... its stats were too over powered and which is why Mewtwo got a mega so he could become the ultimate Pokemon again, stat wise.
    I do agree though, with starters getting megas, as they are everyone's (should be, there are people who store them in boxes) special Pokemon. Making your beloved first Pokemon more awesome and more useable (I'd love to see mega Infernape, as Chimchar was my first Pokemon way back in 2007)
    Has left Serebii forums.

If Mega Mew was introduced, I'd be pushing for Protean. You know it makes sense! :P

Mega Castform would be appreciated, too. Ideally, with all his base stats going from 70 to 100, but they probably wouldn't go with such an extreme boost.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    A mega Mightyena would be cool, but what would it look like? More fluffy? (I do like fluffy Pokemon...) or would it be really cool like Houndoom?
    I'd love to see a Milotic mega, Milotic can be hard when used correctly and it being the beauty Pokemon... seeing it get more beautiful would be awesome, would it not?

But some Pokemon shouldn't get megas, especially Deoxys... its stats were too over powered and which is why Mewtwo got a mega so he could become the ultimate Pokemon again, stat wise.
    I do agree though, with starters getting megas, as they are everyone's (should be, there are people who store them in boxes) special Pokemon. Making your beloved first Pokemon more awesome and more useable (I'd love to see mega Infernape, as Chimchar was my first Pokemon way back in 2007)
    How so Deoxys instead of Arceus?

I mean, think about it.
    Does it really make sense for an even furhter mutated cloned lab experiment to be more powerful than the creator of Time, Space, and Antimatter?

And that while Deoxys never was more powerfull than Mewtwo to begin with.

I still demand Mega Masquerain, but now also Mega Bronzong and Mega Claydol, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PR0F3550R_B055 View Post
    Most of the mega evolutions are awesome, gaining extra typing, stat boosts, abilities, etc;
    I'm ALWAYS using Mega Mawile though... it's a BEAST! I can't find any other pokemon that only has 2 weaknesses, has intimidate to cut opponents attack before mega evolving, has great defenses, and has an already high 105 Base Attack AND HUGE POWER! Throw that in my trick room team and you get one thing, victory.
    Azumarill is just as good. Not better. But a good replacement for Mawile since Ground and Fire are super effective.

Let's not go down the route of create-a-mega

I'm actually laughing at the possible Kangaskhanite ban.
    Don't get me wrong, it's really good but not broken. #Noban
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I'm actually laughing at the possible Kangaskhanite ban.
    Don't get me wrong, it's really good but not broken. #Noban
    You can't be serious. . .
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    You can't be serious. . .
    No I'm dead serious...
    Best mega no doubt, but it has counters.
    Plus it needs a free setup to really do damage.
    Plus Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn makes quick work of it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Kangaskhan is decent for sure, and a serious threat if allowed to set up, and you get lucky with speed (as let's be honest, 100 is pretty average), but by no means leaps and bounds better than anything else.

Kangaskhan is really good, but I out-speed one with a Lucario and used close combat, why should she have a ban? It's so good and it's cool for her to have such a decently competitive aspect.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Let's not go down the route of create-a-mega
    To be fair, that was pretty much why this entire thread had existed. Everything else(competitive role of megas, the designa of megas, mechanics of mega evolution, individual advantages of megas) can all be handled by other threads(competitive threads, gameplay threads, dex threads etc.). The only unreleased but known Megas are Lati twins, which can be handled by the Legendary thread.

Really, this thread is kind of redundant at this point.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    Kangaskhan is really good, but I out-speed one with a Lucario and used close combat
    tbf, Luke needs Mega-Evolution to outspeed Jolly Mega Kanga (or Jolly to outspeed Adamant Mega-Kang) and Adamant Luke speed-ties Adamant regular Kangaskhan
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 29th November 2013 at 5:03 AM.

Alright, since the games have been out for a while and we know all the Mega Pokemon, there's really not a whole lot more to discuss on this front. From now on all Mega Pokemon related discussion will go in the General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread. This is only for the discussion of known Mega Pokemon. Posts such as "I want x Mega Pokemon" or "I think x should get a Mega" have no place. If you have questions regarding Mega Pokemon use the Official X & Y Help Thread.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 658 of 658 FirstFirst ... 558608648654655656657658