Page 74 of 658 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 16447

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

I wish that they are quite challenging to get, but that they are NOT event-exclusive. I like the idea of not every Pokemon getting one, but I hope they don't just give them off to the more popular Pokemon and that more unused ones get them, and that this isn't Pokemon X & Y only thing, but we more in perhaps a third game, remakes in later generations.

For now, I'm hoping for a good list of 30-40.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon Fan View Post
    Huh, i just woke up and saw that we now now have Mega evolutions. I looked around trying to get some info about this for an hour and i'm honestly feeling that this was unnecessary. I mean i will accept these new "Mega evolutions"after a while like fairy type, but aren't these just form changes that occur during battle? so why is there a need to rename as such?

Also why did they just not give Absol, Mawile and Lucario regular evolutions? (Why did they even see the need to improve Lucario any further?)
    And why did they not just give Mewtwo, Blaziken and Ampharos regular forms? I guess they will explain their reasoning later on, atleast i hope there is a reasoning for these Megalutions so i will be able to accept them a little better, like how i accepted fairies after it became clear that a new type was needed to balance the type chart

I mean GF may have just decided to change something because they felt like it, but to me it just feels like they introduced new forms and to add hype, they gave them a new name - Mega evolutions.
    well the new gym leader is an expert on it so i bet she will explain some things

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh, nice to hear the evolutions are only temporary.

People can now use Trick/Switcheroo/Knock Off/Thief even more.
    There's always a possibility that the Megas will work like Arceus and be incapable of having those moves used on them.

even then, most of them are still pretty formidable even without their Mega forms, at least Blaziken and Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
    I can live with the fact that they're temporary and evolve mid battle, but I really hope you achieve them through a bit more of a complex way than just making the poke hold a mega stone or whatever, and it evolves. If it ends up that "mega stones" are exclusive to certain pokemon (like how, Blaziken's mega stone is that blaziken-knight thing) then they could spice it up by making them really hard to obtain, but I wish it wouldn't be so easy.
    That;s probably what there gonna do....it's not like every route you walk in is gonna have a Blazenkinite.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I thought he was a sheep pharaoh the whole time.
    The "pharos" in Ampharos is the name of two Roman lighthouses. Since Ampharos is used as the light of a lighthouse in Johto...

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    That sounds beautiful, I LOVE it! I really hope they are kind of legend like, almost like pseudo-legends... Oh man that would be beautiful for them to also be pseudo-ledgends of sorts even if they aren't the official ones. I am 100% sure they aren't the only ones, but I think these six would be linked.
    Perhaps a "mega" weather status will activate the megavolutions like field cards in Yugioh.

Yeah this gives more advantages to having knock off in your team
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I'm sure someone has mentioned this already, but the PokéBeach rumor said that Mewtwo would have two new forms. What if the other one is MegaMewtwo and the other actually just MegaMew?
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Just imagine how depressing it'll be to finally get your Mega Stone in game, after all the quests you had to go through to get it, only to have a pokemon take it from you and give you a lame Oran berry on your first battle with it
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

MegaGardevoir! Anyone else want one?

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Just imagine how depressing it'll be to finally get your Mega Stone in game, after all the quests you had to go through to get it, only to have a pokemon take it from you and give you a lame Oran berry on your first battle with it
    catch the Pokemon

or reset

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    MegaGardevoir! Anyone else want one?
    Only if it's Mega in Pokemon-amie.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Haha, that would be something. I don't think I've ever been in that situation before. I think with Knock Off I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Kitsune View Post
    I still wanna know how the whole Pokemon vs Digimon thing started.

Does this mean that Sableye may end up with a mega evolution? My Eviolite Sableye dream can't fade away. ;-; Well unless it looked awesome..
    If people can't see a digimon connection then either A. they never were that into digimon to see the obvious connections, or B. choose to ignore them for the sake of seeming "enlightened". Do I think Nintendo sat around a table and said how can we copy digimon? no I do not. I do however think that sometimes ideas overlap and fans of one series can just see it better. Barring the word "mega" from the equation, Digimon has been using items to have mons evolve past their "final" state for years , and when the battle is over they revert to a previous form. Did game freak copy this from digimon? doubtful but who knows maybe they were inspired. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if when they were sitting around the concept coffee table someone there was a huge DBZ fan when they suggested mewtwo's mega.

On a different note, Ampharos is a puzzle to me. As fans of the series it really should not surprise anyone that its turning electric dragon, in fact im more shocked with all the type adjusting because of fairy they didnt just tack dragon on ampy anyways even without the mega form. But what bothers me is its actual form. I swear I have seen it years ago. The same with Absols mega. I know a few people have joked that these megas look like cheap deviantart fan art but in the case of those two I honestly feel like maybe they are. I like the designs I just swear I could have seen them years ago and would be really shocked if nintendo stole someone elses idea lol

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicial View Post
    Probably right. The main nordic god I know about it Odin just so you know. If they did base it off of the nordics then they would probably introduce another one for Odin (if they do and it's for Arceus... EVERYBODY HIDE IT'S RAGNAROK)
    MegaArceus? Yep that's scary. But I like the idea that they are based off of Norse mythology (my favorite myths). However since Kalos is the Greek word for beauty, I wonder if some of the other Mega evolutions will be based on Greek mythology?

I'm glad to see that the evolutions are temporary. I was a little worried about having Pokemon with 4 stages, particularly a starter such as Blaziken. Although I wish Mawile and Sableye would've gotten true evolutions, this is still nice.

And I can definitely see a lot of Mega-haters using a Trick/Switcheroo/Knock Off/Thief to spite the Mega-users.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I hope we get MegaSableye, since we have MegaMawile. They are counterparts after all.
    I agree 100%. I'm actually interested in seeing a MegaSableye. To add on to your posts, I also want to see ALL the starters get a Mega Evolution. It wouldn't seem fair if only Blaziken got one. And besides if there are any additional requirements to receiving these Mega forms (such as high friendship) then your starter would be a good candidate to first try out this new mechanic because they've been there the longest.

I'm assuming the stone is activated at the start of the battle, and the Pokemon retains its form until it has fainted. So I don't think we can knock off the item.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    well the new gym leader is an expert on it so i bet she will explain some things
    I hope so, as long as there is some sort of reasoning for them and they are different to regular forms in some significant way, i will be able to accept them.

Right now however, it just seems like they are just regular forms and GF are just trying to build hype. (As negative as that statement sounds, i genuinely want myself to be wrong about that)

I also should have known not to put to much faith in the "scoop of the century" statement. Sooo many people were saying not to believe the hyperbole of Corocoro, but i just couldn't help but get carried away that this month Corocoro will have massive news...
    Last edited by Flareon Fan; 9th August 2013 at 5:56 AM.

Metagame completely change!!!

Omg mega evolution!!!!

I honestly think one of the reasons the MegaEvos exist is because Game Freak wants to use alternate designs for the Pokemon, but said designs are too similar to the ones they already have to warrant an actual evo (Klink/Diglett/Magnemite families aside).

I mean, look at MegaLucario. Just a basic modification. Same with MegaAmpharos. The only ones that look radically different are Mewtwo's, Absol's, and Blaziken's.

So main page is saying that mega forms do get stat changes. I am terrified. Lucario gets increased attack, and adaptability?! Absol gets increased attack and speed? I mean absol could use the speed, but it's base attack was already 130. Both of those pokes alone already have strong priority T.T
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this already, but the PokéBeach rumor said that Mewtwo would have two new forms. What if the other one is MegaMewtwo and the other actually just MegaMew?
    I totally forgot about that until you brought it up. You may be right about that.
    ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
    ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
    ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    catch the Pokemon

or reset

or turn off the game
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Shido- View Post
    If people can't see a digimon connection then either A. they never were that into digimon to see the obvious connections, or B. choose to ignore them for the sake of seeming "enlightened". Do I think Nintendo sat around a table and said how can we copy digimon? no I do not. I do however think that sometimes ideas overlap and fans of one series can just see it better. Barring the word "mega" from the equation, Digimon has been using items to have mons evolve past their "final" state for years , and when the battle is over they revert to a previous form. Did game freak copy this from digimon? doubtful but who knows maybe they were inspired. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if when they were sitting around the concept coffee table someone there was a huge DBZ fan when they suggested mewtwo's mega.

On a different note, Ampharos is a puzzle to me. As fans of the series it really should not surprise anyone that its turning electric dragon, in fact im more shocked with all the type adjusting because of fairy they didnt just tack dragon on ampy anyways even without the mega form. But what bothers me is its actual form. I swear I have seen it years ago. The same with Absols mega. I know a few people have joked that these megas look like cheap deviantart fan art but in the case of those two I honestly feel like maybe they are. I like the designs I just swear I could have seen them years ago and would be really shocked if nintendo stole someone elses idea lol
    You do realize that use of an item to enter a temporary super stage has existed long before digimon..e.g the star in SMB1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post
    So main page is saying that mega forms do get stat changes. I am terrified. Lucario gets increased attack, and adaptability?! Absol gets increased attack and speed? I mean absol could use the speed, but it's base attack was already 130. Both of those pokes alone already have strong priority T.T
    The extent of the stat changes isn't know yet. Maybe only one stat gets boosted while the others stay the same or its a redistribution of the stat.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon Fan View Post
    I hope so, as long as there is some sort of reasoning for them and they are different to regular forms in some significant way, i will be able to accept them.

Right now however, it just seems like they are just regular forms and GF are just trying to build hype. (As negative as that statement sounds, i genuinely want myself to be wrong about that)

I also should have known not to put to much faith in the "scoop of the century" statement. Sooo many people were saying not to believe the hyperbole of Corocoro, but i just couldn't help but get carried away that this month Corocoro will have massive news...
    Meh to each their own I thought this was a worthy candidate for the "scope of the century".
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Page 74 of 658 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast