A lot of people are starting to get really upset at Gamefreak over this. C'mon you guys, you just found out about this whole deal minutes ago.
Here's my perspective-
- First, Gamefreak obviously cares about the Metagame. That's why they game us a new type. They wouldn't randomly throw is a bunch of OP Pokemon just to screw up all their hard work. Ne know nothing about the stats or exact circumstances of these "evolutions". Seeing as Blaziken, a starter, has received a Mega, it's probably NOT an evolution in the traditional sense.
- Second, it's already been confirmed that these mega formes only exist in-battle. And as other users have stated, this is a lot like Arceus's formes. It sounds like you have to hold an item to be able to unlock the megas, which is an expense game-wise.
- Third, I'm willing to bet they aren't really as overpowered as we think. You know how some Pokemon's alternate formes raise one stat while lowering the other? It will probably be something lick that, though maybe the stat that's lowered won't drop as much.
- Fourth, I'd like to point out that without new developments like these, the game would remain boring and people would be complaining anyways. It's better to see them experimenting with something than being too afraid to make changes in fear of angering the fans.
- With something new like this, they likely won't release any other Mega Pokemon. I know we all want to see our favorites go Super Saiyan (MegaAudino will crush all your skulls!) but too much of a good thing usually leads to problems.
- Lastly, I just advise you all to trust the company that has brought us many hours of fun Pokemon gameplay before. Don't knock something till you try it!