Page 8 of 658 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

A lot of people are starting to get really upset at Gamefreak over this. C'mon you guys, you just found out about this whole deal minutes ago.

Here's my perspective-

• First, Gamefreak obviously cares about the Metagame. That's why they game us a new type. They wouldn't randomly throw is a bunch of OP Pokemon just to screw up all their hard work. Ne know nothing about the stats or exact circumstances of these "evolutions". Seeing as Blaziken, a starter, has received a Mega, it's probably NOT an evolution in the traditional sense.
    • Second, it's already been confirmed that these mega formes only exist in-battle. And as other users have stated, this is a lot like Arceus's formes. It sounds like you have to hold an item to be able to unlock the megas, which is an expense game-wise.
    • Third, I'm willing to bet they aren't really as overpowered as we think. You know how some Pokemon's alternate formes raise one stat while lowering the other? It will probably be something lick that, though maybe the stat that's lowered won't drop as much.
    • Fourth, I'd like to point out that without new developments like these, the game would remain boring and people would be complaining anyways. It's better to see them experimenting with something than being too afraid to make changes in fear of angering the fans.
    • With something new like this, they likely won't release any other Mega Pokemon. I know we all want to see our favorites go Super Saiyan (MegaAudino will crush all your skulls!) but too much of a good thing usually leads to problems.
    • Lastly, I just advise you all to trust the company that has brought us many hours of fun Pokemon gameplay before. Don't knock something till you try it!
    ~Gonna Mess You Up~

Guys, I'm thinking some Pokemon will still get evos. Calm down!

Personally, I'm expecting MegaEvos just being tagged on fan favorites, but real evos being tagged on what GF wants to tag on.

Haven't you noticed all of these are popular Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    So GF already have to design like 1000 sprites for this game. Now, with these mega evolution, it became like 1200 1300 sprites. Wow, hard work
    Imagine if the 3rd version (or RS remakes) comes out. Don't they usually redesign sprites for those too?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Only used in battle though? Does that mean they revert back to an original form after battle? If so, the collector in me is a bit torn.

Also, I wonder how many Pokemon are actually getting mega forms. Odd batch to show off really.

Lawdy, we need more info on this ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    even without looking at stats Lucario hits like a beast anyway base 110 ATK (with 31 IV's and Max EV's and an Adamant nature its ATK is 350) then factor in STAB Close Combat - then factor in Adaptability which doubles stab so that 120 Close Combat goes from becomes a 240 base power fighting attack behind a base 110 attack pokemon
    this evolutions will probably be temporary... i guess... but I really like absol and mawille

Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    All these Megaevolutions got state boost.......now I want MegaCharizard.
    An now Genwunners want your head lol.
    Wouldn't make it much better honestly.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Still, would have preferred a real evolution for Absol. Shucks!
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Fire/Fighting MegaLucario?

I love Lucario now.

I can't see these being permanent afflictions to the Pokemon, but then I struggle to see the actual effect this will have in battles, etc... intriguing..
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by cat4lyst View Post
    A lot of people are starting to get really upset at Gamefreak over this. C'mon you guys, you just found out about this whole deal minutes ago.

Here's my perspective-

• First, Gamefreak obviously cares about the Metagame. That's why they game us a new type. They wouldn't randomly throw is a bunch of OP Pokemon just to screw up all their hard work. Ne know nothing about the stats or exact circumstances of these "evolutions". Seeing as Blaziken, a starter, has received a Mega, it's probably NOT an evolution in the traditional sense.
    • Second, it's already been confirmed that these mega formes only exist in-battle. And as other users have stated, this is a lot like Arceus's formes. It sounds like you have to hold an item to be able to unlock the megas, which is an expense game-wise.
    • Third, I'm willing to bet they aren't really as overpowered as we think. You know how some Pokemon's alternate formes raise one stat while lowering the other? It will probably be something lick that, though maybe the stat that's lowered won't drop as much.
    • Fourth, I'd like to point out that without new developments like these, the game would remain boring and people would be complaining anyways. It's better to see them experimenting with something than being too afraid to make changes in fear of angering the fans.
    • With something new like this, they likely won't release any other Mega Pokemon. I know we all want to see our favorites go Super Saiyan (MegaAudino will crush all your skulls!) but too much of a good thing usually leads to problems.
    • Lastly, I just advise you all to trust the company that has brought us many hours of fun Pokemon gameplay before. Don't knock something till you try it!
    AGREED. My question is: "Will this reach anime or manga?"

Mega. Mega. Mega.
    I can't believe this is true....
    Wonder how much more shocks GF are going to give us.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by cat4lyst View Post

Here's my perspective-

That's a hell of a first post. Well said.

We all just need to take a breath, calm down, and pray that I'll get my MegaDunsparce.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Ah, so basically they go Super Saiyan temporarily in battle. That's cool. LOL. No wonder they just look like cheap evolutions. That's fine I guess, so long as it's nothing permanent. Ampharos looks majestic with wool, I must say.

But why does Megamewtwo have Insomnia tho
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

I really want a Mega Arcanine!

this a pokemon I can see getting Dragon as a secondary typing as its always been shown to learn dragon attacks and recently learns outrage via level up (something I didn't learn until my recent run through lol)

I think this is interesting to say the least. It is an interesting idea and I am wondering many things, like I wonder how many Pokemon will get a MegaEvo, and I wonder what will change in this state...

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Fire/Fighting MegaLucario?

I love Lucario now.
    Well, I guess that's our poor Fennekin not getting the miracle of Fire/Fighting now.

I was expecting a Fire/Fighting Pokemon, just not Lucario XD

Quote Originally Posted by RzK View Post
    Mega. Mega. Mega.
    I can't believe this is true....
    Wonder how much more shocks GF are going to give us.
    Agreed. Perhaps a bold move to try to reach the competitive battler in us?

Guys, imagine seeing these Mega... in a shiny format
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    AGREED. My question is: "Will this reach anime or manga?"
    It will. I bet you anything that that if there is indeed a megachu, Ash is going to pull it out of his butt at convenient moments.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I really hope there are more megaforms. If these are the only ones everyone will keep speculating Ash getting a lucario in the anime.

But back on topic these new abilties will change things signifcantly. I notice that megablaziken has the same ability as dw blaziken. I find this very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    Ah, so basically they go Super Saiyan temporarily in battle. That's cool. LOL. No wonder they just look like cheap evolutions. That's fine I guess, so long as it's nothing permanent. Ampharos looks majestic with wool, I must say.

But why does Megamewtwo have Insomnia tho
    I don't know, but it is a massive middle finger to one of Mewtwo's better checks, Darkrai. No Dark Void for you anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

My Predictions are that Yveltal is Braviary's MegaForme and Xerneas is Sawsbuck's
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    It will. I bet you anything that that if there is indeed a megachu, Ash is going to pull it out of his butt at convenient moments.
    hahaha! that would be awesome lol

I hope they make MegaInfernape. I want a super sayian monkey. Pokemon only being Mega in battle makes sense as they're not actually evolving.

Really hope that the thing saying its in battle only is fake.

As my friend suggested, I am praying for a MegaGengar!

Page 8 of 658 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast