Page 9 of 658 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Evolutions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8
    I don't know, but it is a massive middle finger to one of Mewtwo's better checks, Darkrai. No Dark Void for you anymore!
    It's not like Darkrai needed Dark void to beat Mewtwo.

Adaptability Lucario will be OP, whatever the catch to mega-evolution is, if there is one.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by StarkElf View Post
    Just wow, this is going to change the face of Pokemon as we know it, for the better of course.

I'm assuming the 'mega-forms' are only going to be usable during battle and then they revert back, like it showed Mewtwo doing in the clips.

Is MegaAbsol amazing or what, favorite Pokemon ever I'm just saying.
    Ansem, Seeker of Darkness: "OPEN YOUR HEART TO DARKNESS!"

...In other words, yes my friend: yes it is. Dark is one of my favorite types in any game period; so this is a godsend since Absol was always one of my favorites. I was going to get X, but Yveltal being a Dark type, owning Dark Aura (Kingdom Hearts reference or not, it is a decent name) plus Mega Absol? Real world problems.

But Mega-Lucario just seems like it'll wreck total house without a nerf of some kind. Close Combat coming off THAT THING is akin to a Legendary attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

a sketch of sableye mega form
    ...No offense, but I'd watch out posting fanart on this site--considering that's what this is. They're pretty touchy about that, and personally I don't understand why.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    My Predictions are that Yveltal is Braviary's MegaForme and Xerneas is Sawsbuck's
    Incredibly convenient but an incredible pointless and tasteless idea in reality :P
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps a bold move to try to reach the competitive battler in us?

Guys, imagine seeing these Mega... in a shiny format
    Shiny MegaEvolutions=YES.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

MegaHonedge will be a super sword of oblivion, calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I don't know, but it is a massive middle finger to one of Mewtwo's better checks, Darkrai. No Dark Void for you anymore!
    Wow, that's kind of

that's kind of funny actually. That specific ability to counter that specific Pokemon.

Well, I'm in love then. )
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

As I've said in the Dex thread.

This makes total sense in-universe, so I'm not bothered by it.

That said......why Absol and Mawile, I would've much preferred evolutions over form changes. So I'm hoping maybe they are permanent, but Blaziken and Ampharos and any other 3 stage Pokemon is not.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    It's not like Darkrai needed Dark void to beat Mewtwo.

Adaptability Lucario will be OP, whatever the catch to mega-evolution is, if there is one.
    It certainly helped when Aura spheres would start to be thrown its way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

This Megaevolutions is a huge change from normal.......Pokemon will go Super Sayian during a battle, and that'll make 6th gen more challenging than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps a bold move to try to reach the competitive battler in us?

Guys, imagine seeing these Mega... in a shiny format
    That would be awsome!!
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 8th August 2013 at 7:06 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I'd love to see a MegaVanilluxe that's like a huge banana split with a Cherubi on top of it (similar to Mantine and Remoraid). xD
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Could they still make Mawile and Absol's mega form being evolutions instead or is this... too late ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

OMG!!!!!!!

Mega formes! Way pto flipped everyone out!

I wish Serperior, Sceptile, Charizard, Gyarados, Milotic and other Pokemon that look like some other types gets Mega Form.. Imagine Grass/Dragon for both Serperior and Sceptile?

Wow Ampharos becoming Electric/Dragon is out of this world random, one of the unthinkable Pokemon to get a typing of Dragon! But seriously its awesome!!!

I hope for a Mega Masquerain please!!!!! Bug/Water damnit! Volcanora's counterpart!!
    Mega Masquerain[Bug/Water]with Prankster

[70/20/92/120/122/90]

That's it I'm demanding Freeze Dry Masquerain

I quite like the idea, but mega lucario will be OP.I like mega ampharos, and mega absol since it needed to be stronger. It also reminds me of digimon

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Has anyone even thought of the possibility of MegaGyarados?

Thinking of more candidates for Mega forms,
    Probably to appeal to the fan base,
    Charizard
    Zoroark?
    Pikachu
    And things like Hydreigon, Dragonite and Garchomp...

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Scratch that. A regular Mawile with Huge Power has almost as much attack as a Power Swap Shuckle. So that's equal to 226 base attack or so. At that point, you don't really need other stats to be terribly high to pose a threat. I know Rampardos is bad despite its huge attack, but that's partly because it has horrid defences and speed while Mawile has the benefit of being able to take physical hit and a great defensive typing. Not to mention MegaMawile will almost certainly see a stat boost.
    That much attack? I thought it merely doubled attack to make that 170. Am I missing something here? Either way, unless its movepool can better accommodate it, I don't see Mawile being banned. I'm not saying that a crazy attack like that isn't going to be threatening, but certainly not game-breaking unless Mega Mawile has a base attack of 100+ or something.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    My Predictions are that Yveltal is Braviary's MegaForme and Xerneas is Sawsbuck's
    I highly doubt they are going to do that, they are all different Pokemon, and if they did it, then that means you wouldn't need to catch each titles legendary, you would just enter this forme with those Pokemon, which is highly preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I'd love to see a MegaVanilluxe that's like a huge banana split with a Cherubi on top of it (similar to Mantine and Remoraid). xD
    Make it happen Gamefreak!

All we need is MegaArceus now.

Holy scoop of the century batman! And electric dragon MAmpharos?! My favorite mon getting a power boost like this and that typing. Holy wow... Give me MegaFlygon, give me it now god damn it. Garchamp needs to be put in its god damn place.
    Oh and expect Colress making an appearance. His research could fit this development PERFECTLY.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 8th August 2013 at 7:07 PM.

the design of the megaevolutions is just epic, but i have to disagree of the legality of the scans
    first, i think its too soon for us to get a coro coro leak, and also there havent been any rumours of this as well, (we had other minor rumours that were true like the fairy-type, why we didnt know about this before?)
    and more important... where are the screenshots? coro coro always have screenshots of the new pokemon... so why dont we have screenshots this time?
    and well, i think its not 100% confirmed until pokemon smash, pokemon.com or the final version of the coro coro magazine say so... imo (no offense to serebii)

in another subject, i like the idea of only having 1 megaevolution in the entire game, that would make every game/trainer very unique

p.d. yanma ---> yanmega ---> megayanmega (loool)
    [SPOILER]http://jitomaynez.deviantart.com/art...lack-375592541[/SPOILER]

im a guy xD

currently training:

I feel all pokemon (fully evolved pokemon or pokemon without evolutions) will get Mega Evolutions it seems odd to give them to a select few

Do you think that MegaAmpharos (still hate the "Mega" prefix on all of them) will be able to access Draco Meteor? It is Dragon during battle, but outside of battle is only Electric, but all Dragon-types can learn Draco Meteor, that's its thing, but it is learned outside of battle. Maybe through Event? I hope Ampharos gets access to Dragon Pulse at least since I plan on porting my Ampharos from HeartGold and using it as MegaAmpharos and want to be able to use both STAB with Sp Att (assuming Sp Att will remain its main attacking stat).
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    That much attack? I thought it merely doubled attack to make that 170. Am I missing something here? Either way, unless its movepool can better accommodate it, I don't see Mawile being banned. I'm not saying that a crazy attack like that isn't going to be threatening, but certainly not game-breaking unless Mega Mawile has a base attack of 100+ or something.
    Huge Power doubles whatever the current Attack stat is.Remember, base stats are whatever the stat would be when the Pokemon is at level 50 with a neutral nature, no IVs, and no EVs. 170 base Attack would be nothing to scoff at. It would be equal to Kyurem-B, and is only beat by Deoxys-Attack. Assuming MegaMawile has equal or higher Attack, it could be quite the Dragon-slayer as it resists Dragon (possibly immune, even) and hit Dragon-types for SE damage.
    Last edited by bolter1; 8th August 2013 at 7:13 PM.

wow so mega evolutions?

I dunno how i feel about this. I mean yeah its cool for the Mewtwo form, the Lucario, Ampharos and Mawile....i think its the Blaziken that makes me a bit skeptical. Aside from the already existing worry on my part of Pokemon going the Digimon route and have me lose interest. (Im scared, I always want to love this stuff.)

But my main cause for alarm is Why Blaziken? Yeah sure its an awesome looking pokemon but the fact that its a starter is what worries me. Will this mean that ALL the starters are going to get a MEGA form? Or will Blaziken be the only one? Both of those scenarios are a little alarming on my part.

The other thing is, will Mega Blaziken be a 4th stage pokemon? Or will it be a branch Evolution from Combusken? Im guessing its an evolved form of Blaziken or else it wont make much sense.

But then again, i am fully trusting Gamefreak with their decisions and am very, and i mean VERY curious as to whats to come.

maybe the Champion of this region will have all mega forms.

Keep that news coming!

So if I have this straight. These mega evolutions happen during battle and they turn back once the battle is over. Not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping mawile would get an actual evolution.

I've always been accepting of new pokemon features but I'm a little worried. It's a bit hard to swallow...

I wonder if this is a covert way of increasing the stats of old pokemon without actually evolving them. It does seem like dna mutating might be involved in the game.
    Last edited by Sponge; 8th August 2013 at 7:07 PM.

MegaCharizard will have magic guard. Take that Charizard haters!

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Page 9 of 658 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast