Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Ideas!

My mom has the best spaghetti sauce recipe that I make all the time. Basically, just brown some good ground Italian sausage, then add onions, garlic, bell peppers, and a jar of pasta sauce. Stir it up and cook it on low for maybe half an hour. It's super simple and delicious.

So I've been trying to 'eat healthy' lately, and I must be doing something right since I've lost half a stone in two weeks or so.

Most of my dishes involve cous cous (so good they named it twice). Recently I've made a salmon salad with cous cous, broccoli, and other generic vegetables. Also I did quite a nice beef stir fry with hoisin sauce.

Before this recent venture though I used to eat quite the bucket load of fatty stuff. It was often mince related stuff and lots of it, such as spaghetti bolognase or chilli, which whilst fatty at least tasted amazing.

One other thing I've had to overcome was my dislike of mushrooms. Over a number of years I've grown to love the little buggers, thanks in part to regular mushroom risotto.

If you want to eat healthy but have very little money (like me) you could try the 'cheap-out-on-burger' option, where you just blend a bunch of random fish or other meat and small vegetables together and make burgers out of them. Can't beat a bit of tuna sweetcorn burger.

Mm! Love mushrooms.

I thing that doesn't survive in our house is Jalapeno Poppers!
    1. Cut Jalapenos in half. (If you don't want them hot take out the white part and seeds.)
    2.Mix Cream Cheese, Bacon bits and Mozzarela (probably misspelled that), stuff each half of the Jalapenos with the mixture.
    3. Dip each half at a time in milk then in flour let them dry a bit on a plate.
    4. Dip them again in the milk and then roll them in Panko.
    5. Put a lot of oil in a hot pan and have the jalapenos (as many as will fit in the pan at a time.) cook until they are brown.
    Have them cool a little on a plate and enjoy! Be sure to make a lot of them!
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

You know what is tasty? Grill some bread with some bacon, some stilton and also some delicious chocolate (I used Cadburys dairy milk) It sounds odd, but this toasted sandwich is amazing!

-Uh oh.

Lasagna, absolutly love it, home made by me that is
    And spaghetti, I like my sauce to have half tomatoes or atleast diced tomatoes and especially mushrooms <3

*credit to Dragon User X for this amazing banner*

If your happy and you know it, go sit in the corner and think about your life.

currently having issues with wifi on 3DS, trades and Safari friend codes on standby.

3DS FC 1478-2903-4134
    IGN: Ellei

I make some pretty bomb buffalo chicken from scratch

My favorite is burritos though, beans and ground beef can be whipped into amazing burritos in 15 minutes on a budget
    White Friend Code: [Currently Missing]
    Black 2 Friend Code: [Currently Missing]

3DS Friend Code - 2380 3748 3639
    Pokemon in My Safari: Emolga, Helioptile, and Luxio
    Pokemon I am Looking For: Togepi

Coxinha is nice to do (a Brazilian food), but it takes too much time and it's a bit (just a bit) expensive, although it's totally worth the time.
    But since it takes too much time, I stick with a natural sandwich and dear, I love it.

I like making Cola Chicken.

It's not much, but it's relatively cheap and tastes really good.

It takes hecka long, though.

Another thing that's simple and cheap is hutspot, it's cheap like crazy and pretty fast but actually tastes rather well.

:P

I can make those japanese omeletes called Omurice you get in those maid cafes.

Its easy, fried rice mixed up with ketchup and inside of an omelet, Then Go really fancy draw stuff with the ketchup bottle or write your name on top of the omelet. Or you can do something diffrent which is spanish rice instead of fried rice and have like a meat Sauce on the side instead of ketchup. Theres two ways of making it, rice inside of the omelet or u put a thin layer of omelet on top.

Omelet on top
    http://norecipes.com/blog/omurice-recipe/

Rice inside of Omelet
    http://www.food.com/recipe/omuraisu-...te-rice-269768
    My pokemon Breeder Website: http://trinitybloodrules.wix.com/route3

HELP WANTED: looking for excellent pokemon breeders for route 3 pokemon breeding center, PM me

I love to bake potato bread filled with ham and cream cheese. It may be confusing at the beginning and it may not go so well at the first time you made it; but once you get the hang of the recipe it's always great to do in most fitting situations!

I actually love to use cheese on my recipes, but it also depends on which recipe I'm doing and the situation. Using cheese on every possible chance may sounds neat but it doesn't always go well. Although I love to use them with white sauce to throw it on a spaghetti for that lazy sunday afternoon with your family while drinking a Coca-Cola!

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    I love to bake potato bread filled with ham and cream cheese. It may be confusing at the beginning and it may not go so well at the first time you made it; but once you get the hang of the recipe it's always great to do in most fitting situations!

I actually love to use cheese on my recipes, but it also depends on which recipe I'm doing and the situation. Using cheese on every possible chance may sounds neat but it doesn't always go well. Although I love to use them with white sauce to throw it on a spaghetti for that lazy sunday afternoon with your family while drinking a Coca-Cola!

Last edited by Schaden Freude; 23rd November 2013 at 9:23 AM.

"It starts as an idea and then becomes a legend."

|.|Join SPPf's Pokémon Animé Style Battling League, where Trainers fight in Pokémon battles to become the very best.

ASB TL3 Trainer
    W/L: 17-0-0

Well every now and then my family has a baked macaroni and cheese recipe that utilizes a box of Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese, a brick of cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese. I want to make a Mexican version by replacing the shredded cheddar with a Mexican blend and adding a can of Ricos Nacho Cheese sauce to the recipe. This would be even better with "fake" chicken strips (I don't eat real meat).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Here in the south we deep fry everything.

My favorite thing to cook is my home styled' battered chicken strips with a jack spud potato and some country fried beans.

What you do is take two bowls, one with flour and the other with battered eggs (2-3 eggs). You place a chicken strip in the flower, then cover it with the egg batter, then again in the flower and place it a pan with oil.

Bam.
    Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ElxlceL View Post
    Here in the south we deep fry everything.

My favorite thing to cook is my home styled' battered chicken strips with a jack spud potato and some country fried beans.

What you do is take two bowls, one with flour and the other with battered eggs (2-3 eggs). You place a chicken strip in the flower, then cover it with the egg batter, then again in the flower and place it a pan with oil.

Bam.
    Winning.

Omg please stop. Or don't. Idk what I want!

Has any vegetarian on here eaten Gardein products? I have, and their "meatballs" are really good.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

In Trinidad we have something called Tomato choka Here is how to make Tomato choka: http://www.simplytrinicooking.org/ta...-tomato-choka/

It's not bad, and I recommend it to all of you, eat it with some bread/bake OR make a roti and eat it with that: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    In Trinidad we have something called Tomato choka Here is how to make Tomato choka: http://www.simplytrinicooking.org/ta...-tomato-choka/

It's not bad, and I recommend it to all of you, eat it with some bread/bake OR make a roti and eat it with that: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti
    Is that a sort of sauce? I'm interested in it! I noticed it isn't a sauce per se, but eh... Better asking. At least, it reminds one?

Melted cheese between two grilled slices of bread.

Most Candles Burn Out... But I Don't

A favorite dish of mine is to fry some sausage and put it on top of spaghetti noodles with Alfredo sauce, olives and sauteed onions.

Also, if you have any whiskey, rum or other spirits, I highly recommend cooking with them. It always adds some flair to what i'm eating. Jack honey makes for some really sweet tasting sausage.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus
    A favorite dish of mine is to fry some sausage and put it on top of spaghetti noodles with Alfredo sauce, olives and sauteed onions
    Very simple, yet, sounds delicious. I like people who cook like that!

I've made a spaghetti with some tomatoes and steak. Fry the steak alongside choppped onions and garlic, wait a bit, and then, throw the tomatoes (you obviously need to chop), but now you'll be stewing it. After a while, It'll melt and form a sort of sauce; Throw it onto the spaghetti and there is! It's very simple to do, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by LitWicked View Post
    Melted cheese between two grilled slices of bread.
    Wow, that's so hard, man!

I like to bake cupcakes and cakes.
    i make my own recipes.
    when i made a cookies and cream cheesecake it was so yum
    i may be 11 but i can do something that you might not expect.

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Am I the only one here that goes crazy for pumpkin everything!? Haha, I used this recipe a little while back and it's AMAZING. It's not a super sweet brownie, though, if that's what you're looking for. It's more rich and dense.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Chocolate Brownies

Also, hashbrown casserole is one of my absolute favorites! Hashbrowns, sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup (sounds add but adds the moisture without altering the taste). It's soooo heavenly.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I love this thread
    I have a ton of foods I make from scratch and I will share here what I made for New Year's Eve supper this year. I don't have exact measurement because I just wing it when I cook but I am sure you could estimate the recipes if you have experience cooking!

Baked Brown Sugar Salmon:
    One salmon fillet
    Butter
    Brown Sugar
    Tin Foil, Over

Cover the salmon with chunks of real butter and cover the butter with brown sugar, don't be shy with them either. Wrap in tin foil and place in the oven on 350F. Check after 10 minutes, and cook in increments of 3-5 minutes until the salmon is done how you enjoy. Keep in mind salmon continues to cook after it is removed from heat for up to ten minutes as it cools (especially in tin foil). I usually remove the salmon when the inside is still slightly undercooked but if you'd like your salmon a bit dryer then leave it longer. Keep in mind that the butter and sugar will ultimately keep your salmon from drying out completely. Enjoy!

Honey Vinaigrette salad:
    Real honey
    White Balsamic (or normal Balsamic, or red wine vinegar)
    Real Lemon Juice
    Olive Oil
    Goat Cheese
    Walnuts (or hazelnuts)
    An apple (or pomegranate, or pear)
    Lettuce greens (I like mixed greens, arugula alone is a good choice though)

Stir half part honey and half part olive oil in a bowl for the dressing, add a few drops of lemon juice (depending on how much you enjoy citrus taste), add a cover full of balsamic/the vinegar you have picked out. Stir this until consistent as possible. It should remain very thick however. In a bowl put in your lettuce/greens, add walnuts, your fruit and goat cheese. Mix in dressing. Your fruit should be sliced as thin as possible, but you can also cut it into square chunks.

Fluffy Potatoes:
    Potatoes
    Real Butter
    Sour Cream
    Onion tops or chives (fresh or dry)
    Cream cheese (optional)
    Cream

Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Boil the potatoes with salt until a fork can be stuck through them with ease. The potatoes need to be very cooked. Mash the potatoes with some chunks of butter. Once this is done add a couple tablespoons of sour cream (depending on how many potatoes you have) and add cream to soften it up. The consistency should be fairly light and fluffy and the potatoes should be fairly white because of the cream. Add a tablespoon of cream cheese if you wish to increase cream flavour or to harder them up a bit if you've made them too smooth. Chop up the onion tops and throw them in, mix them into the potatoes.

And serve!

I apologize for not having exact amounts of anything but, again, for anyone who has experience cooking this should be fairly straight forward. If you do not then maybe just go and try it and see how things turn out. You can always learn from your mistakes or ask someone who is experienced in your household when it comes to amounts.

Great thread!
    Maybe missing some pictures so people dont have to use their imagination always.
    So I recently got a spiral cutter and thought of ways to substitute spaghetti or noodles (in a healhier way) but using squash that is cut into noodle shape. Not very unfamiliar for those who tend to eat a lot of raw food. So I made some Talouleh (Libanese parsley, couscous salad) with a twist by using squash/zucchini instead of couscous.

Picture:
    https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...89498382_n.jpg

The ingredients are as follows:
    Olive oil
    Squash
    Tomatoes
    Cucumber
    Parsley
    Mint (not necessary)
    Fresh lemon
    Salt (sea salt, pink salt, kosher salt recomended but not necessary)

Which is pretty much the basic ingredients for making Tabouleh. If you want to make it more authentic you just cook some couscous (you can also use white rice or other stuff if you dont have couscous), fine chop all the fresh ingredients and mix them all together. You add oil, salt and lemon juice depending on your tastebuds. Anyways this twist with Squash makes it low on carbs and calories if (you care about that!).

I might contribute with some soft olive foccacia style bread tomorrow that I tend to bake from time to time. I know a salad is not everyones fancy but they can be mighty good if done right !
    Last edited by storafotter; 25th January 2014 at 4:53 PM.
    Do not expect things of others that you would not expect from yourself.

Friend Code: 2062-9139-2362, Type: Poison: Seviper, Swalot, Toxicroak

I had bananas, I had custard, so I thought; eating takes effort. what if I could DRINK bananas and custard. So I popped a banana and some custard in a blender with a tiny bit of yoghurt for texture. It. was. majestic.

-Uh oh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast