View Poll Results: What is your favorite Legendary Bird?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Articuno

8 38.10%
  • Zapdos

9 42.86%
  • Moltres

2 9.52%
  • No preference

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Birds Discussion

Post Legendary Birds Discussion

As you all know, Pokemon FireRed & Leaf Green has 3 legendary birds such as Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres located on Seafoam Island, Power Plant, Mount Ember.
    I opened this thread to discuss general things about these birds. My main discussion is the capture of Articuno. I have noticed everytime I face Articuno, i catch it with 1 Ultra Ball, whereas Zapdos and Moltres many Ultra Balls. For my case, I have noticed it is not a coincidence. At least 3 times where I came across catching an Articuno, I make its HP very low (on red) and i paralyze it, and only use 1 ball to capture it. Tell me your opinions about this case and your experiences capturing the Legendary Birds.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 12th August 2013 at 4:00 PM. Reason: Removed "Fonts effects"
    Pokemon Master

My opinion on that case is either that you're making it up (unlikely), whittling it's health down more efficiently (likely), or getting lucky (very likely).

My first bird that I caught was Articuno, and it was my favorite at the time. It took me FOREVER to catch it, because I was sorta in the dark about how to efficiently catch Pokčmon. Mind you, this was a few years back.

Around the same time, I found Moltres– but without any Pokeballs, so I K.O.ed him, thinking that he would come back, and the same with Zapdos. They didn't come back. I was sorta stupid back then, I'll admit.

Yes I agree it has to be luck, because three time in the same FireRed cartridge it has happened. So I was wondering if it is a bug or a mis-programming in the game so that Articuno is extremely easy to catch compared to Zapdos and Moltres which gave me so much trouble.
    Pokemon Master

The first time I fought Zapdos I accidentally killed it, that was before I knew to save before legendaries...

I caught the other two, not sure how many poke balls it took the first time I caught them though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJosephIssa View Post
    Yes I agree it has to be luck, because three time in the same FireRed cartridge it has happened. So I was wondering if it is a bug or a mis-programming in the game so that Articuno is extremely easy to catch compared to Zapdos and Moltres which gave me so much trouble.
    I think that it's simply luck, as I have said before. Not a glitch, or a bug, or bad programming, just luck.

Technically, most of the game is luck, so...

I had terribly hard time with Articuno yestersday- it took a long time and over 35 balls to catch it. Zapdos was even worse. I didn't even remember how hard these are to catch in LeafGreen- not so much in HeartGold where they were easy- especially Zapdos was easy in that.
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

Interesting. For me, I can catch Zapdos very easily, I regularly catch him with a pokeball and not to much effort. Moltres is a kind of middle ground, sometimes I get it quickly, sometimes it takes three or four tries. Articuno on the other hand, always takes forever. Even when I drop it's HP to red, status it, and the like, even Ultra Balls fail dozens of times on end.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Articuno has always been the first Legendary Bird that I go after in LeafGreen and FireRed and it always gives me trouble. Not as much as Zapdos though. Every time I would try to catch Zapdos the whole experience would end up being tedious and I almost always made it faint accidentally when it runs out of PP and uses Struggle. Moltres was so-so for me. I could usually catch it more easily than the other Legendary Birds, but sometimes it would be really stubborn.

Interesting that some Pokčmon are easier for some people... Maybe our styles are each suited against a specific one of the trio? Or maybe, since we believe that bird to be easier to catch, it is?

Haha well like you said, it's just luck. I highly doubt that they would be easier to catch than other legendaries. But maybe they made it like you implied, that one trio is suited. But I still have my doubts that GameFreak would do something like that and not tell us or someone confirms it.
    Pokemon Master

It's not that they made the birds to be suited to individual styles, it's that individual styles can make it easier to capture some of them.

I usually always have a hard time catching them but an occasional easy time capturing them. It's all based on luck other than using a master ball. I've caught I believe Moltres with 3 Ultra Balls one time but again that was my luck. Most of the time I have to soft reset at least once or twice because they either kill themselves with struggle or I run out of Pokeballs lol.
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

I actually had sooooo many problems catching Zapdos, that for the next 6 times (seriously here), I caught him in the Master Ball. I never had a different thought, so I just used the Master Ball, lol. Had no idea had to get Mewtwo, or Entei.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I had no problem with Zapdos, but I don't remember how I did with Articuno when I first got him in FR. I played it for the first time when I was like eight, so I don't remember. I never got Moltres the first time though, I never thought to save before (both) battles and I killed him both times :I

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Today I caught Moltres with Great Ball and it was bit hard still. I almost ran out of ultras and decided to try Great Ball and it worked! I have been able to catch legends even with ordinary Poke Ball sometimes (at least regis and Suicune which are not easy either- especially Regice which is terrible to catch)
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

I always had the most trouble catching Articuno too. Zapdos was fine, Moltres so-so.But for some reason, it always seems to me that using Balls consecutively never works. I use Ultra Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, and the Great Ball does more rolls and they break out of the Ultra Ball straight away. If I keep using Ultra Balls, I don't stand a chance it seems. I've possibly caught more legendaries in Great Balls than Ultra Balls.

@Blasting Tois

Yes, for me the Regis we're always the hardest to catch... -.-
    Pokemon Master

If you're having trouble catching any of them just send them to sleep. But obviously there's no accounting for luck. I actually don't remember the ball count for Leafgreen or my first FireRed play through (it's been many years) but my second FireRed play I got Articuno with 5 Great Balls, Zapdos with 6 Ultra, and Moltres with 2 Poke Balls (I also put Moltres to sleep).

@Ib4

Wow that's good, really lucky! Me I spent alot on Moltres and even more on Zapdos
    Pokemon Master

It takes me forever to catch legendaries.

My first one was Moltres because it is my favorite bird.

I always, Paralyze first, knock there HP down 25% then start throwing Ultra Balls. Encase they lose all moves and start using Struggle they won't KO themselves.

Credit to Inferno Production!

When I catch the birds I seem to always catch them in order for some reason. I try and catch Articuno as early as I can as I like to use it on my team, even though it has I poor move pool I do like its defensive stats, but that is the bird I always seem to have problems with. No matter how low on health I get it and if I put it to sleep or paralyze it takes ages to catch, sometimes 20 - 30 ultra balls and upwards.

Moltros is just average for me to catch when I attempt too, it can be easy but not all the time. I like to have it but don't really use not a fan of Moltros or Zapdos.

When trying to get Zapdos I seam to have the easiest time the latest time I managed to get it to low and sleep and am sure I caught it with a pokeball (would not to double check but I am 99% sure I did).

After buying 50 Ultra balls to use on catching the legendary birds, I only used 17(2 on Articuna, 5 on Zapdos, 9 on Moltres.) Now is it just luck that sleep powder didn't fail in 11 opportunities?

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Funny story: I decided one day to try and catch the Legendary Birds post-game (I believe it was post-game). I went ahead to go do it in order, so I went to Articuno, and it took about a couple of tries to catch it. Wasn't a bad encounter for what it was as Articuno seems to be the most irritating of the three, though it was much better than it was back in the old days of you missing the Pokémon. So after Articuno, I went after Zapdos. I either ran out of PokéBalls or I KO'd it, I don't remember, but I shut off the game and turned it back on to find out I didn't save after I caught Articuno.

Haven't gone back to catch them again since.

As for favorite Legendary Bird, I've always been fond of Articuno. It's a very pretty bird from its design to cry, and it really stands out the most of the trio. Sure, it may be the weakest type-wise against the other Birds, but the others have their own weaknesses toward the Ice-typing that helps make up for it, somewhat.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah.. Articuno has been the easiest for me to catch. Requiring of the use of very few Ultra Balls. Zapdos is in the middle and Moltres takes about.... all my Ultra Balls that I have to keep resetting because it faints on me or defeats my team or I simply run out of Pokeballs. :c

I actually had to ask my brother for help to catch Moltres since it was getting frustrating >:c <.>

Articuno is my favorite though. No not because its easy to catch, but its because it looks so magnificent... *^*
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast