View Poll Results: What's your favorite legendary bird pokémon on this article?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Articuno.

59 54.63%
  • Zaptos.

37 34.26%
  • Moltres.

12 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The legendary birds!

Articuno is my favourite of the three, likely because of its colouration and that long tail. If I cared about competitive then I'd probably like it less solely because of its awkward typing, but because I don't...

It is also my favourite Kanto legendary, if only because I don't like any of the remaining four enough for them to steal that slot.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Articuno for sure. Aesthetically it is one of my favorites, and I agree with AnonNekomata with it's coloration. I typically prefer blue legendaries for some reason. Favorite legendary beast, and all around legendary is Suicune, favorite of the weather trio is Kyogre, Regice of the golems, etc.

Not to mention Articuno seemed the most predominant of the three in 2000: The Power of One. Him being the last orb and all.
    3711-7728-5652

I never liked Zapdos, it just looks stupid IMO. Same with Articuno, I guess - didn't realize it 'till I wrote this post. I suppose you can guess who I voted for then?
    font size one

Zapdos, my very first legendary
    Can remember the feeling when i first met him in the Power Plant. Didn't know it was there almost had a heart attack lol.

I've always favored Zapdos over the other legendary birds. It has quite a striking design and has balanced stats. It's concept and the basis of it's design are also interesting.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

Zapdos was my first legendary too Also I feel nostalgic when I remembered my Zapdos Card ( the one with thunder and thunderbolt )

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

Zapdos. The other ones are missing that... zing. I dunno.

On a slightly side-tracked note, what is the relationship between the birds and Lugia/Ho-oh? Is there anything canon?

|||But touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your fingertips, and we can have forever.|||
    |||tumblr.|||Wattpad|||Twitter|||deviantART|||

Me and my friend have this running joke that I always lean to ice, and he always leans to fire, its funny but whatever. Anyhoo, back on topic, for these, I choose Articuno and he picked moltres (Surprise, Surprise)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Ever since I was a kid I always thought that Zapdos was the strongest and the best...
    But now that I grew up and think about it....I think Moltres takes the cake!
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Articuno's my favourite of the three because it's awesome and looks really nice, closely followed by Moltres cuz it's a Fire-type.

Always loved Moltres's design. Now if it had the power to back that up it might be my favorite. But I really do think Zapdos will always be my favorite though.

Articuno, blizzard was amazing in gen 1. Zapdos isn't bad but Moltres.... a giant chicken on fire and it was the worst of the 3. :P

I'll stay with Articuno. His design was awesome and he was probably the best of them. And to be sincere... He was the only one I was able to caught. Both Zapdos and Moltres died when I was trying to catch 'em, haha!

Articuno was the best of the three. A great special stat, coupled with great typing (for the time) and design keep it at number 1, with Moltres as runner-up.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Articuno because i got stuck in the cave on my japanese Green version.... And after 3 hours i fainally caught him

Articuno is my favorite to this day just because it is so elegant and ice is my favorite type! I was surprised Articuno was the most popular one according to the poll, I thought Zapdos took the cake with the majority. I was very happy to find out the three birds are the roaming Pokemon in Kalos
    Home is where the Hoenn is. 7.8/10 #TooMuchWater
    Current AS Team: Badges: 5

<--- Just Some Favs (Besides Mudkipz)

Pokémon X / Alpha Sapphire FC: 3497 - 0519 - 7105
    Electric Friend Safari:

Native Vivillon: Modern

Articuno is my favorite too... It's mainly its design. ^^; I really like Zapdos as well.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I personally never liked Moltres. I don't know what it is about its design, but it just doesn't interest me at all. I tried using one in Blue version too, but I found Charizard to be more reliable and I eventually abandoned Moltres. I really think Articuno was the best Legendary Bird in Gen 1 based on its design and overall movepool.

For some reason, I never could manage to catch any legendary Pokémon without a Master Ball, aside from Zapdos. I always wanted Zapdos because of its awesome design, thinking that it would be the best to take to the Pokémon League. Of course, my infantile brain back then could not comprehend that Articuno would easily plow through Lance and Blue.

When I was younger Zapdos was my favourite, but as I grew up I'm more leaning towards Articuno.

Zapdos, while cool, is a little too spiky for my liking and I'm rather indifferent towards Moltres, so gonna have to go with Aritcuno! Love its elegance and sleek design compared to the other two. Plus it has one of most soothing cries, even among newer Pokemon, especially compared to the horrible screech that is Moltres's cry. Did not like chasing that thing down in Y... >_>

Also something weird I've noticed, while I love Electric as a type I'm not all too fond of a lot of Electric-type Pokemon, especially the mono ones. :/ Found myself liking Ground types a lot more.

Aritcuno all the way and I think many share my opinion: it's an elegant beast.

Moltres is my favourite, although sometimes it changes between Moltres and Zapdos (for some reason Articuno never really comes into it). I've always been a fan of the Fire types so I guess that's my reasoning.

Zapdos, both design-wise and in game. Articuno as close second, however not a big fan of Moltres.

See, I've always like Moltres. It's bizarre really, since I'm not much of a fan of fire types. But since I was a child, it's always been Moltres, I've always liked the idea of a fire bird and this was before Ho-Oh, so I saw it as the phoenix rising from the flames! I can see why Articuno is the favourite due to its typing and elegance but Moltres was the original "phoenix" before Ho-Oh came along in Gen 2.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337 - 4105 - 4309
    Pokemon Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth and Whirlipede

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast